[MTG] Q&A

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were to use the Painter's Servant/Grindstone combo to attempt to mill my opponent's entire deck and they have Emrakul, Kozilek, or Ulamog in their deck, what happens? Does the game end in a draw?

The Eldrazi ability doesn't go on the stack until after Grindstone finishes resolving, i.e.:

1. Grindstone mills the entire deck.
2. Entire graveyard gets shuffled back into library, because of Eldrazi.

The end. So, no infinite loop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I knew they were part of a cycle, I couldn't remember the name of the other 3. Not that it really matters, they are completely outclassed by Cradle and Academy, In fact, every other land is small time compared to those two.

• 1 year later...

Alright, still somewhat new to this game, but...

If I activate Shock while my opponent controls a Planeswalker, do I have to choose between the player and planeswalker at resolution or activation?

Alright, still somewhat new to this game, but...

If I activate Shock while my opponent controls a Planeswalker, do I have to choose between the player and planeswalker at resolution or activation?

If you shock an opponent who controls a Planeswalker, you are targeting them and choose to redirect to the planeswalker upon resolution. But it is much easier to just say that you "Shock the planeswalker" or "deal 2 to the planeswalker". It is just a shortcut, but is allowed as long as the opponent understands what is going on.

• 3 months later...

ok so i totally do not understand Reverse the Sands... it says that the players you choose get one life total back, which i would assume to either mean that: a) you gain the starting amount of life back or b) your life total is doubled; but..... it means..... neither of those two things it would make sense for it to mean, and in fact means that: if there are two players, including you, you can choose to either: a) keep the life totals the way they are or b) switch life totals with your opponent

is that about right?

it doesn't make sense... the reminder text says "(Each of those players gets one life total back.)" , but it means Exchange the chosen players' life totals. how exactly does that make any sense at all?

It seems to me that this is just meant as a way to prevent the smart kids from saying "I give myself both life totals".

Archived