• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

Some men just want to watch the world burn at their feet

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

can you actually make your opponent concede with the new Emrakul? it is, technically, a decision that they could make; and other than the fact that it would be banned as fast as possible if you could, i don't see why you couldn't.

Sakura's Christmas present and Award.

<3

The Emperor is given to those who are key in being influential to their surroundings as a male figure. They are also associated with affinities of dominance and control, yet have other qualities about them that are needed to be in control, despite their disposition.

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,875 posts

can you actually make your opponent concede with the new Emrakul? it is, technically, a decision that they could make; and other than the fact that it would be banned as fast as possible if you could, i don't see why you couldn't.

Simple, they made that against the rules.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

FC: 0989-1906-1912

sept_p10_02_4jkg1.jpgvqhz4l.jpg
charizard-megay.gifNw_Easter_Event9.png006-m.png

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Simple, they made that against the rules.

i meant more, is there another reason why, other than this:

the fact that it would be banned as fast as possible if you could

that they made that rule?

because you know:

it is, technically, a decision that they could make

<3

The Emperor is given to those who are key in being influential to their surroundings as a male figure. They are also associated with affinities of dominance and control, yet have other qualities about them that are needed to be in control, despite their disposition.

Sixty

Sixty

fifteen times four

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

conceding isn't something you can do while controlling a player. you can influence their decision by picking their board apart with their own tools, however.

cough                          

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

ok so i totally do not understand Reverse the Sands... it says that the players you choose get one life total back, which i would assume to either mean that: a) you gain the starting amount of life back or b) your life total is doubled; but..... it means..... neither of those two things it would make sense for it to mean, and in fact means that: if there are two players, including you, you can choose to either: a) keep the life totals the way they are or b) switch life totals with your opponent

is that about right?

<3

CuriousHeartless

CuriousHeartless

Advanced Member

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Yes. What is the hard part there (honest inquiry not sarcasm)? It doesn't say redistribute life (that would be busted or useless depending on cost) but life total.

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

it doesn't make sense... the reminder text says "(Each of those players gets one life total back.)" , but it means Exchange the chosen players' life totals. how exactly does that make any sense at all?

<3

CuriousHeartless

CuriousHeartless

Advanced Member

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Reminder text isn't actually meaningful in Magic, it is just reminders. If you're getting confused by them, just ignore them and read the Card rulings.

Miror B

Miror B

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,319 posts
  • Spouse:CommanderVolt

it doesn't make sense... the reminder text says "(Each of those players gets one life total back.)" , but it means Exchange the chosen players' life totals. how exactly does that make any sense at all?

It seems to me that this is just meant as a way to prevent the smart kids from saying "I give myself both life totals".

Thank you Dharc

Unless otherwise stated, I do not make my own pictures, and they're almost always googled.

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

It seems to me that this is just meant as a way to prevent the smart kids from saying "I give myself both life totals".

ooooooh. and now it hits me. the reminder text is still counter intuitive imo, but i get it now.

<3

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

ok so... my dad is playing a homebrewed Jhoira edh deck, right? and he suspended Mirror Match on one of his turns, right? .. so what happens when the last time counter is removed?

<3

(Φ)

(Φ)

Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann!

• Ace Investigator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:some shitty waifu

ok so... my dad is playing a homebrewed Jhoira edh deck, right? and he suspended Mirror Match on one of his turns, right? .. so what happens when the last time counter is removed?

Nothing, Mirror Match cannot be cast at that time. It remains exiled, and no longer has suspend.

2153550ec2f5a8fa0e21cae412ccad2f.jpg

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Nothing, Mirror Match cannot be cast at that time. It remains exiled, and no longer has suspend.

ah. i kinda thought it might fizzle, tbh. thanks.

<3

*Spring Boings*

*Spring Boings*

Sweet as honey

• Sage's Bond
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,633 posts
  • Alias:Dragon Sage
  • Spouse:CommanderVolt
I use a Gideon, Martial Paragon's +0, turning it into a creanture then enchant it with Consuming Fervor, what happens at the end of my turn?

(Thanks to Cauchemar for avi)

oversized dakimakura

2D sig

(Thanks Tormey)

Member card
Stand stuff thanks to Armz
Award stuff

CuriousHeartless

CuriousHeartless

Advanced Member

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
It is no longer a creature, therefore no longer a valid target, so the aura is removed and destroyed as a state based action.

(Φ)

(Φ)

Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann!

• Ace Investigator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:some shitty waifu

It is no longer a creature, therefore no longer a valid target, so the aura is removed and destroyed as a state based action.

Not destroyed, simply put into its owner's graveyard (or elsewhere if affected by a replacement effect).

This difference matters.

Rule 303.4c

2153550ec2f5a8fa0e21cae412ccad2f.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users