Akatsuki of YCM: The Last Stand

DL 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yyyes and no.

Yes because word of god is the only real way to settle a what-if scenario, like you said.

But no because it can be inferred based on comparing and contrasting.

Nine-Tailed Naruto in his most basic form, he had trouble with fighting Kimimaro. And Kimimaro was 15 at the time.

Zabuza was like 26. I'm not saying age automatically makes the difference, but they were both high caliber rogue ninja and Zabuza had much more experience. So if Kimimaro gave Naruto trouble, Zabuza would most likely have no problem taking care of him.

As for Haku, hard to say how strong he really was. But iirc, he said he didn't have enough chakra to stand against Naruto right before he got smashed through the mirror.

Let's also not forget that Zabuza was stabbed in the back by about 26 different weapons, and still took down Gato, and asked for Kakashi to place him beside Haku's body, then grab Haku's hand before dying. So, yeah, bad-@$$. Naruto, in 4-tailed cloak, did injure Jiraiya, a Sannin pretty bad. (He stated at the beginning of Shippuden that he came pretty close to dying because of that.) But, Kimimaro was about three seconds from killing Gaara before he himself died, probably of that disease Orochimaru and Kabuto were talking about. (I'm thinking it my have been bone cancer.)

Though, let's also not forget that Kimimaro had a Curse Mark, which Orochimaru stated was equivalent in power to the one Sasuke has. And, while we're tlking about Kabuto...

[spoiler=Kabuto]

KabutoYakushi.jpg

091.gif[/spoiler]

I know the connection has most likely already been made many times, but I still find it funny.

I also find it quite funny. x)

And yeah, Zabuza was a one-of-a-kind awesome guy that I'm not sure has ever before been done in that way. Still, that last bit where he just asked Naruto for a Kunai, was given it, and charged straight at Gato in one, final moment of redemption...that was, in my opinion, one of the most awesome moments in the entire series.

Zabuza was pretty badass. Why do you think I based Ninjew off of him

Let's not forget how he's able to form a demon chakra shroud through sheer willpower. That's pretty boss.

You know, I've been wondering lately who in Naruto's had the saddest life.

Everyone's gut reaction would be Gaara I'd think, but things have really worked out for him in the end, so I'm tempted to say maybe it was Nagato.

Well Itachi would've been pretty sad if not for the redemption after death and being able to communicate his true feelings to Sasuke

Wait, what? When did those kind of....

(NOT THOSE KIND OF FEELINGS YOU SICKO)

oh, okay.

Anyway, saddest life in Naruto, yeah, I have to agree with Shads. It was probably Kimimaro.

Nagato had way more satisfaction in life than Kimimaro, what with Jiraiya, Konan and whatsisface, the forming of Akatsuki, protecting his village, yada. Kimimaro, by comparison, led a far less fulfilled life, and had to learn to make do with what he was given, which turned out to be better under Orochimaru than without, but that's neither here nor there. Kimimaro was essentially controlled his entire life, doomed to die young and only be used as a weapon of last resort, constantly considered less than human, yada.

Actually, I have a screen that's 1300+ pixels wide, and I can see that your name clearly goes beyond the margin set aside for the name, avi, rank, etc, so unless your screen is wider than mine (I doubt it), Your argument is invalid. Furthermore, I would remind you that I have several times in the past been asked to edit something in my post or sig, or to put my sig in a spoiler box, out of consideration for the other members of the forum, due to differing computer qualities, capabilities, screen resolutions, etc.

That said, I like your name the way it is. It sounds cool. Furthermore, I personally believe that everyone should be able to have his or her name however he or she wants to have it, as well as the rest of the personal stuff in posts, profiles, whatever, as long as it is not obscene and doesn't break any serious rules or what have you.

With that in mind, I put Remo in the place of Seto Kaiba's younger brother when I say

ShutUpMokuba_zps29843b29.jpg

That is all.

On a more on topic note, I rather like how they are doing things with the father-son battle against Obito, even if it strays way too far into the realm of DBZ territory. I'm also wondering if the light and dark Kurama's will ever be made a single, whole, tailed beast again.

Also I go to play Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 today. It was fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to be a part of the Cloud Village. Long live the THUNDAAAHHH!

Anywho, nobody thinks Kabuto had a sad life? The kid never knew his parents, essentially became a tool of everybody, eventually became a tool of Orochimaru, simply for his own gain, only to fail. What's even worse, now he is stuck within a Genjutsu that he refuses to acknowledge he is stuck in. He can't escape, and unless he realizes who he is (note he does not), he can't get out. So essentially, he's a stone stuck in a cave. Pretty meaningless life to me. And was he really happy with Orochimaru? The only thing that gave him any happiness was his studies, and even then, they were done in seclusion, all by himself, nobody to share his ideals with.

Kimimaro found satisfaction in serving Orochimaru. Before that, he was simply street trash. After Orochimaru found him, he at least had a friend (Juugo).

We could even argue Sasori. Sasori had no satisfaction after the realization of his parents' death. They were gone and he went into seclusion and began making puppets. Even then, he was soulless and empty. He did not accept anybody. He did not even accept himself because he wasn't a full puppet. After he became a puppet of Kabuto, he wasn't satisfied because he was still bound by strings. Rather than the Puppet who was the Master Puppeteer, he was a Puppet under a Master Puppeteer. Sasori even lost his best friend due to a poison HE created. He believed that giving (I can't remember the boy's name) that arm, he was doing something right. But deep inside, he only did it as an experiment. To see if he could perform such a surgical action on himself. He was a hollow shell of emptiness from a young age, and even as he got older, that's still what he was. And Chiyo could not fix that, no matter what she did.

That's my input. Lol.

I would like to be a part of the Cloud Village. Long live the THUNDAAAHHH!

Accepted my Brother

Anywho, nobody thinks Kabuto had a sad life? The kid never knew his parents, essentially became a tool of everybody, eventually became a tool of Orochimaru, simply for his own gain, only to fail. What's even worse, now he is stuck within a Genjutsu that he refuses to acknowledge he is stuck in. He can't escape, and unless he realizes who he is (note he does not), he can't get out. So essentially, he's a stone stuck in a cave. Pretty meaningless life to me. And was he really happy with Orochimaru? The only thing that gave him any happiness was his studies, and even then, they were done in seclusion, all by himself, nobody to share his ideals with.

You raise an excellent point about Kabuto's rather shitty life, but the problem was that 1) Kishimoto forced it a bit too much (for me at least) and 2) He was able to surpass Orochimaru and gained that Dragon Mode...thing. He only kinda lost because lolsurpriseuchihapowers so even then the loss shouldn't weigh too much on him personally

Kimimaro found satisfaction in serving Orochimaru. Before that, he was simply street trash. After Orochimaru found him, he at least had a friend (Juugo).

We could even argue Sasori. Sasori had no satisfaction after the realization of his parents' death. They were gone and he went into seclusion and began making puppets. Even then, he was soulless and empty. He did not accept anybody. He did not even accept himself because he wasn't a full puppet. After he became a puppet of Kabuto, he wasn't satisfied because he was still bound by strings. Rather than the Puppet who was the Master Puppeteer, he was a Puppet under a Master Puppeteer. Sasori even lost his best friend due to a poison HE created. He believed that giving (I can't remember the boy's name) that arm, he was doing something right. But deep inside, he only did it as an experiment. To see if he could perform such a surgical action on himself. He was a hollow shell of emptiness from a young age, and even as he got older, that's still what he was. And Chiyo could not fix that, no matter what she did.

Shit man that's another character I didn't think about. You've brought p some interesting points

That's my input. Lol.

On another note, I found my very first account I registered on YCM with

And the posts were so cringeworthy I think it might be best to just leave them behind.

I never understood why Sasori was so popular in Japan. Sure, he's kinda cool and has a good back story (kinda), but to still be in the top 10 after almost all of Shippuden was weird to see for me.
Jiraiya should've at least been higher than Iruka...

Sasori was kind of a bland villain to me. Generic design, generic boo-hoo backstory, and to top it off, he was defeated by Sakura. Not saying Sakura sucks, but she's not good either.

Sasori was kind of a bland villain to me. Generic design, generic boo-hoo backstory, and to top it off, he was defeated by Sakura. Not saying Sakura sucks, but she's not good either.

Well, to be fair, he also had to fight Chiyo, who was one of the better ninjas from the Hidden Sand.

I think the closure his character received with Kankuro was what upped his popularity again, then the popularity poll came in around that time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived