YCM Creative Writing Forum Rules

bury the year

Ok cool, but I've got only one problem, Does it have to be related to Yugioh? because I'm writing a horror Fiction, there's only a part of fan fiction on it as I've added Death Note in the story. But the characters are original, plot original.

And also, I've read that in MS word, at least 2 pages? Does that mean I can't post it here if it was more than 2 pages?

Because chapter 1 is like 5-6 pages and it's still not over O_O

Prologue's ready, but before I post, I just want someone to reply to me to these cases.

Storie's full of gore, 3 part story and it's horror o-o

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Nightm@re-X' timestamp='1333551432' post='5901320']
Ok cool, but I've got only one problem, Does it have to be related to Yugioh? because I'm writing a horror Fiction, there's only a part of fan fiction on it as I've added Death Note in the story. But the characters are original, plot original.
[/quote]

Nope, doesn't need to be Yu-Gi-Oh!-related. Original fiction, fanfiction for other series, it's all fair game.

[quote name='Nightm@re-X' timestamp='1333551432' post='5901320']
And also, I've read that in MS word, at least 2 pages? Does that mean I can't post it here if it was more than 2 pages?
[/quote]

If you don't know what "at least" means, you probably shouldn't post anything related to the English language.

So what's this site's thoughts on writing that ignores the traditional structures of fiction (ala Ander Monson, David Shields, Micheal Martone, etc)? The two page limit may not necissarily apply, and the structure might make it impossible to actually post within a forum post, as opposed to an outside hosting site.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='4SwordLegend' timestamp='1333938425' post='5907179']
Okay so if where to do a Loz fanfic with ZeldaXLink. Like them just having a unserious relationship. Like just a simple kiss and nothing more.
[/quote]

I can't speak on behalf of the mod team, but I'd say [url="http://www.fanfiction.net/game/Legend_of_Zelda/"]here[/url] would be a good place.

I had an idea on formating a story, but I wasn't exactly sure how well it'd be seen.

I was planning on writing a story in play format, with stage directions and 3 acts and all that jazz, but it was going to be episodic with each "chapter" taking one week after the previous one. Would this be allowed? I'm aware that plays are allowed, but I'm not sure how "stories written in play format" are seen.

• 5 weeks later...

I am sorry if this has been asked before but I am thinking of making a story in which there will be a journal like format like this
"Dear Journal,
Today was an amazing day. The sun was shining and everything was perfect. The birds where chirping and a nice cool breeze.
I started of my day with a nice cup of coffee and some egss and bacon. Later my boss gave me a raise at work and a generous amount of money."
- Bob out-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1310346852' post='5344239']
[b][u]SCRIPTS/SCREENPLAYS[/u][/b]
[i]Alice: Hey, Bob! What's up?[/i]
[i]Bob: Nothing special, Alice.[/i]
Fics written like this are forbidden, for they show little to no description of the setting and characters. However, full-blown theatrical screenplays with stage directions and all are allowed, provided they could theoretically be given to two random people on the street and be acted out without any confusion.
[/quote]

I'd just like to take this moment to thank you for the amendment of this rule (yeah okay, I take months away from this site and come back confused). I feel like I should've had something to do with this, but it's good to see that well-written, detailed screenplays such as my own are now allowed here. Not like before when I had users in this forum telling me that "script format is banned because it's lazy". Well f*** you very much too that person...

• 1 month later...

Archived