[Lock] Syns is the winner.

Guest Mr. Striker

Hello ladies and gentlemen. It has been a while since I stepped into this area. I wish it was for my own good, but I need a tie broken. Both of the contestants know what is at stake in this contest. Below are the requirements the contestants had to follow and their cards. Also, voting rules are below. I hope you enjoy their work.

[spoiler=Voting Rules]

3 votes are needed to win.

Must have a valid reason in your vote.

If possible, use the grading rubric in my sig (if you have your own, that is fine).

All YCM rules apply.

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

*Must be a Level 4 monster

*Must have something to do with the negation of other effects

*Must have an effect when used as a Synchro and/or Xyz Material

*Everything else is fair game

tomtekorv

47839t.jpg

This card is also treated as an Insect-Type monster while face-up on the field. You can Special Summon this card from your hand when a FIRE monster leaves the field. If this card is used as a Synchro Material: Negate the effects of all Xyz Monsters on the field as long as you control that Synchro Monster. If this card is used as a Xyz Material: Negate the effects of all Synchro Monsters on the field as long as that Xyz Monster is face-up on the field. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Draw 1 card.

Syns

Phantom Burst Warrior

DARK / Level 4 / Warrior / Effect

ATK 1000 / DEF 700

When your opponent activates a Spell or Trap Card: You can banish the same type card from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card (from your Deck). Each player can only use this effect once per Duel. When your opponent Summons a monster: You can banish this card in your Graveyard; negate that monster's effect(s). When this card is used as a Synchro or Xyz Material Monster: Send 1 Monster Card from your Deck to the Graveyard for each monster your opponent controls.

Okay here it is...

Flareshield Butterfly:

When I first saw your pics, it was awesome. So, (10/10) for the pics. However, IMO, it's effects are a bit OP. With 3 copies of this in your hand (if lucky), & having at least 1 FIRE monster on the field, you can Special Summon 3 copies of it whenever it leaves the field. Though for the negate effect, it's the good part of the card. But again, the last effect it's a +1 effect, and with some "Burial From A Different Dimension" it would be to OP don't you think?

So, IMO, the problem of this card is only about "Balance" (Though, really... It's a very nice pics there :lol: )

Phantom Burst Warrior:

For the first effect, it's a bit like "Reborn Tengu" with cost and different style. The negate part is also good, and for the last part... I like it. Sending like "Glow-Up Bulb", "Plaguespreader Zombie", & some DARK monster card for "The Dark Creator", etc. (10/10) for Creativity.

And for both, I just thought that... Why a Level 4 Monster have such low ATK & DEF

So, that's it, my vote for Syns

Flareshield Butterfly:

how i love dual-types, reminds me of T.G. monsters in the anime. The pic i liek, it makes one wonder how you managed to find it, but onto more serious matters the effect.

the fact that it only requires 1 FIRE monster to be removed from the field for it to be SS'd means that you can have an emergency wall, but the concern isee is, if you have 3 in your hand, then all 3 can be SS'd when the 1 FIRE is removed from the field. As for its second and thrid effect, its nice to negate the other type of monster when used as a material, and it makes your opponent second guess, what you're gonna summon with this. as for the last effect, i like how it gives you +'s for your hand, but it can be easily abused as how easy it is to get to the grave and back into the grave.

- the only thing that balances it out imo is the 0/0 stats

Phantom Burst Warrior

i like how it can appear from your deck out of nowhere, because that'd really surprise your opponent after randomly banishing a Spell or Trap which makes them think "what is he doing". the next effect is good, because it can troll big problem cards like Shi En and Librarian, though the balance in this effect comes with it self being in the grave. the third effect is useful, because you can send 2/3 cards to grave and you can just annoy your opponent by sending the other copies of this so you can fuel its second effect again.

- again its low stats is what balances it out, but then it can make your opponent second guess their moves and think how they are gonna get rid of this, without regretting it.

so after all that, my vote this time goes to Syns

Guest Mr. Striker

2-0 Syns

This should be interesting. I still have my vote.

@maximate: It depends on the effect mostly. I've seem high Level monsters have 0 ATK.

EDIT: I'm using my vote.

tomtekorv, seems like you put war into your card. I find the balance off due to the possibility of 3 coming out at once.

Playability: 8/10

OCG: 9/10

Balance: 7/10

Creativity: 8/10

Name: 5/5

Pic: 5/5

Total: 42/50

Syns, wow is all I can say. Like stated above, this puts your opponent's moves into question. It could really screw your opponent.

Playability: 9/10

OCG: 15/15

Balance: 8/10

Creativity: 10/10

Name: 4/5

Total: 46/50

With that, Syns is the winner 3-0. Your prizes are on the way. Thank you people for voting and I'll see you next time.

LOCK!

Archived