League of Legends

Boss Z

[center]So, I just got home from nerd camp... aka 2 Week Video Game Programing Academy at RPI in NewYork
I made some great friends, surprisingly I was about the second least nerdy kid in apperance and 1st in knowledge of nerd things...

League of Legends is a Sick Multiplayer Stradegy Game

Teams of either 3 or 5 "Champions" go against each other, racing through 3 lanes to destroy minions, turrets, and eventually the base of the other team
Minions are controlled by the AI
You can play against other players or AI controlled "Champions"

There are Currently 79 Champions that are released in game and every so often there is an additional champion that gets released
up next is this sick looking [url=http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/images/news/July_2011/2011_07_21_monkey_king_reveal/MonkeyKing_Splash_0.jpg]Monkey King[/url] who appears to be a Physical Tank

Champions are what the user controls:
Moving is done with the clicking of the mouse
Same goes for attacking
Unleashing Special attacks is performed with 'Q', 'W', 'E', and 'R'
Each Champion has their own Specials
Two players on a team can not pick the same champion
You can buy in game items to power up for the remained of a round
OR
Buy out of game Runes to have power-ups for evers

So Yeah, My friends turned me on to this game and honestly, I love it
If you don't have an account, but want to give it a try, please use my reference link: [url=http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e2b7b3d62548468775711]Click Here[/url]

[color="#8B0000"][b]So Basically, in this Thread Discuss this Awesome Game, talk stradegy, friend people who play and all that crazy shi[b][/b]ts[/b][/color][/center]

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^That, and honestly the new champs they've been pumping out lack any creativity really. It's not the design, it's the skills. I guess it's the fact they can't make a skill similar to any of DotA's, but still.

I played it from the Christmas after beta, all the way until the week before Rumble was released. And I played quite religiously with a team of 8+, so yeah.

The developers are really nice people, but they NEED to be clear on when they're releasing stuff. God knows Magma Chamber was a letdown.

Yeah a year after release and still only 2 (can argue 3) stages is pretty bad... but hey, hopefully they'll listen to the people eventually

Its summer right now, so for me, setting aside 45 minutes isn't too hard to do, though I do run somewhere between 2 - 7 frames a second on average

I typically play every night. There's a bunch of people that I tend to play with. 3 I know irl. The rest I just know from online. I generally stick to the same set of characters when I play. They are...

Xin Zhao
Ashe (custom skin - Aqua from KH BBS)
Miss Fortune (xmas skin)
Tristana (guerrilla skin)
Poppy
Vayne
Annie (frostfire skin)
Veigar (custom skin - Vivi from FFIX and KHII)
Galio
Alistar
Zilean
Caitlyn (sheriff skin)
Cho'gath
Nunu (grungy skin)
Taric

I have found through experimentation that pretty much anyone else I try to use just does not work for me at all.

So...my username is the same as on here and i'll play with anyone who wants to. Skiel, whats your username for LoL?

[quote name='Flinsbon' timestamp='1311534294' post='5383670']
I typically play every night. There's a bunch of people that I tend to play with. 3 I know irl. The rest I just know from online. I generally stick to the same set of characters when I play. They are...Xin ZhaoAshe (custom skin - Aqua from KH BBS)Miss Fortune (xmas skin)Tristana (guerrilla skin)PoppyVayneAnnie (frostfire skin)Veigar (custom skin - Vivi from FFIX and KHII)GalioAlistarZileanCaitlyn (sheriff skin)Cho'gathNunu (grungy skin)TaricI have found through experimentation that pretty much anyone else I try to use just does not work for me at all.So...my username is the same as on here and i'll play with anyone who wants to. Skiel, whats your username for LoL?
[/quote]
I have played with Renekton, Twisted Fate, and Anivia... and I've been pretty good with all 3, currectly saving up for Anivia
With the rotation however I am going to try Malzahar, Veigar, Urgot, and maybe Zilean and Katrina until i can afford Anivia (1300 away)
And then if i like any of those I'll just spend more time trying to aquire one of them...

[quote name='The Prince Of Legends' timestamp='1311534564' post='5383684']
it really does take too much time, i have a life, but i would play if i rly got nothing to do
[/quote]

[quote name='Antagonistic Crocodile β' timestamp='1311537314' post='5383821']
It does take quite a bit of time, and you should really be playing if you know you have an hour to spare.
But it's a great game yet it has so much BS involved.
Level 30 - Rozsudek
[/quote]

[quote name='Poc' timestamp='1311601607' post='5385711']
Monkey king looks like Win Nao V2. I was expecting a champ designed for jungling, instead we get another tanky melee bruiser. The last few champs they put out have been disappointing.
[/quote]
Too Bad, but I would love a new Ranged/Mage... a Jungling Mage would probably be my favorite Character

[quote name='Antagonistic Crocodile β' timestamp='1311608254' post='5385925']
YORICK IS OP
[/quote]
My Friends Keep Saying he sucks, I don't see how that is possible, he looks awesome

All of you, add me: Zero Aurora, I'm only level 10, but I'm rising rather quickly

[quote name='Antagonistic Crocodile β' timestamp='1311608254' post='5385925']
YORICK IS OP
[/quote]

in the first two weeks he was out he was the worst champ in the league, then riot buffed him into an unstoppable tower diving machine.

[quote name='∞ Skiel ∞' timestamp='1311696769' post='5388742']
Too Bad, but I would love a new Ranged/Mage... a Jungling Mage would probably be my favorite Character
[/quote]

have you played cho'gath? hes a super beefy AP champ and a great jungler.

[quote name='Poc' timestamp='1311880979' post='5396092']
in the first two weeks he was out he was the worst champ in the league, then riot buffed him into an unstoppable tower diving machine.

have you played cho'gath? hes a super beefy AP champ and a great jungler.
[/quote]
Explains why my friends didn't like him, they didn't know he had gotten a buff

I still don't know what "AP" means in terms of L.O.L., but no, I've never played as Cho'Gath, though he is the only bot I have no chance of killing with Veigar

What is the general thought on these 3:
Galio (the gargoyle)
Nidalee (the cat hunter person)
Singed (yeah...)

So far the two characters I know I am "good" with are Anivia and Veigar... but I really wanna try those 3, if they are any good that is

[quote name='∞ Skiel ∞' timestamp='1311911259' post='5397641']
Galio
[/quote]

Used to be sooooo good. W into teamfight, R when everyone is mushed up, E or Q to pick up the stragglers. Quads/Pentas for all. With the AoE range nerf they gave champs a while back, he's pretty meh now.

Granted, that's what I've been told. Haven't played LoL in a while.

[quote name='∞ Skiel ∞' timestamp='1311911259' post='5397641']
Explains why my friends didn't like him, they didn't know he had gotten a buff

I still don't know what "AP" means in terms of L.O.L., but no, I've never played as Cho'Gath, though he is the only bot I have no chance of killing with Veigar

What is the general thought on these 3:
Galio (the gargoyle)
Nidalee (the cat hunter person)
Singed (yeah...)

So far the two characters I know I am "good" with are Anivia and Veigar... but I really wanna try those 3, if they are any good that is
[/quote]

AP means ability power, it the primary stat of most mages.

Galio just got some buffs, I haven't played him since he was buffed but hes a fun champ.

Nidalee is one of my favorite champs, you can do the stupidest s*** and get away scott free. Shes also one of the strongest champs in the ranked ladder because of her versatility.

Singed is the ultimate troll champ. Its great fun tower diving someone 1v5 and killing them, then running away after while the whole enemy team chases you through your poison.

[quote name='Poc' timestamp='1311951087' post='5398337']
AP means ability power, it the primary stat of most mages.

Galio just got some buffs, I haven't played him since he was buffed but hes a fun champ.

Nidalee is one of my favorite champs, you can do the stupidest s*** and get away scott free. Shes also one of the strongest champs in the ranked ladder because of her versatility.

Singed is the ultimate troll champ. Its great fun tower diving someone 1v5 and killing them, then running away after while the whole enemy team chases you through your poison.
[/quote]
Sounds like I picked a good group to try and gather, though I appear to be incredibly good with certain members of the Mage category... I was good with Renekton while he was free, but not really good enough

So, Galio was nerfed but just got some buffs to counter his huge nerfs?
So I could try buying him?
Yes?

I know WuKong is new, but how good is he?

[quote name='Flinsbon' timestamp='1311534294' post='5383670']
Ashe (custom skin - Aqua from KH BBS)
Veigar (custom skin - Vivi from FFIX and KHII)
[/quote]
How the [u][i][b]FU[b][/b]CK[/b][/i][/u] do you have "Custom" Skins??

[quote name='∞ Skiel ∞' timestamp='1311956820' post='5398491']
Sounds like I picked a good group to try and gather, though I appear to be incredibly good with certain members of the Mage category... I was good with Renekton while he was free, but not really good enough

So, Galio was nerfed but just got some buffs to counter his huge nerfs?
So I could try buying him?
Yes?

I know WuKong is new, but how good is he?

How the [u][i][b]FU[b][/b]CK[/b][/i][/u] do you have "Custom" Skins??
[/quote]

I'd wait for a galio free week, try before you buy. His price tag is too steep to just buy on impulse. I haven't played wukong yet, but the games i've been in with him i have seen some mixed results. It looks like he plays the exact same way as xin zhao with a little more utility.

Custom skins are skins fans made, you can install them to your LoL with a bit of work digging through files. You can see them but no one else can. you can find them and a tutorial on how to install them at leaguecraft.com

[quote name='Poc' timestamp='1311957076' post='5398576']
I'd wait for a galio free week, try before you buy. His price tag is too steep to just buy on impulse. I haven't played wukong yet, but the games i've been in with him i have seen some mixed results. It looks like he plays the exact same way as xin zhao with a little more utility.

Custom skins are skins fans made, you can install them to your LoL with a bit of work digging through files. You can see them but no one else can. you can find them and a tutorial on how to install them at leaguecraft.com
[/quote]
That sounds so awesome, Lol

I bought WuKong and his Volcanic Skin, the skin is hot and he is so pro... I am just sadly more used to mages so it is taking a lot of getting used to... I also finally got Anivia and her Hextech Skin... But I am now trying to get my best with WuKong because it can be pretty good when I get going

So, I've been taking a look at all the Builds for WuKong, and while they aren't rated yet I can tell which ones are most likely the Better ones, So I tried to combine them and Create mine own Build:

[spoiler= DPS WuKong]
[b]Items:[/b]
Regrowth Pendant (435)
Philosopher's Stone (365)
Boots of Speed (350)
Beserker's Greaves (570)
Pickaxe (975)
Warmog's Armor (3000)
Atma's Impaler (2355)
Infinity Edge (2855)
The Black Cleaver (2865)

[b]Runes:[/b]
9 Greater Mark of Desolation
9 Greater Glyph of Warding
9 Greater Seal of Resilience
3 Greater Quint of Desolation

[b]Abilities:[/b]
Nimbus Strike (1)
Crushing Blow (1)
Crushing Blow (2)
Nimbus Strike (2)
Crushing Blow (3)
Cyclone (1)
Decoy (1)
Nimbus Strike (3)
Crushing Blow (4)
Nimbus Strike (4)
Cyclone (2)
Crushing Blow (5)
Decoy (2)
Nimbus Strike (5)
Decoy (3)
Cyclone (3)
Decoy (4)
Decoy (5)

[b]Mastery Tree:[/b]
[u]Offense[/u]:
Deadliness 3/3
Cripple 1/1
Sorcery 3/4
Alacrity 4/4
Sunder 3/3
Brute Force 3/3
Lethality 3/3
Havoc 1/1

[u]Defense[/u]:
[i]N/A[/i]

[u]Utility[/u]:
Perseverence 3/3
Haste 1/1
Awareness 4/4
Utility Mastery 1/2

[b]Champion Spells[/b]:
[i]D:[/i] Exhaust
[i]F:[/i] Ghost
[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Hextech Articuno]
[b]Items[/b]:
Saphire Crystal (400)
Tear of the Goddess (595)
Sorcerer's Shoes (1100)
Mejai's Soulstealer (1235)
Archangel's Staff (1860)
Rabadon's Deathcap (3600)
Frozen Heart (2775)

[b]Runes[/b]:
9 Greater Mark of Insight
9 Greater Glyph of Focus
9 Greater Seal of Resiliance
3 Greater Quint of Fortitude

[b]Abilities[/b]: Not Figured out Yet

[b]Mastery Tree[/b]: Not Figured out Yet
[u]Offense[/u]:
[u]Defense[/u]:
[u]Utility[/u]:

[b]Champion Spells[/b]:
[i]D:[/i] Flash
[i]F:[/i] Ghost
[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Beserker Veigar]
[b]Items[/b]:
Saphire Crystal (400)
Tear of the Goddess (595)
Sorcerer's Shoes (1100)
Mejai's Soulstealer (1235)
Needlessly Large Rod (1600)
Archangel's Staff (1860)
Rabadon's Deathcap (2000)
Void Staff (2295)

[b]Runes[/b]:
9 Greater Mark of Insight
9 Greater Glyph of Potency
9 Greater Seal of Replenishment
3 Greater Quint of Potency

[b]Abilities[/b]: Not Figured out Yet

[b]Mastery Tree[/b]: Not Figured out Yet
[u]Offense[/u]:
[u]Defense[/u]:
[u]Utility[/u]:

[b]Champion Spells[/b]:
[i]D:[/i] Heal
[i]F:[/i] Teleport
[/spoiler]

I am thinking of Posting this in the OP... [size="1"]along with anyone elses buils if they so desire...[/size]
[size="1"]I am also going to post my build for Anivia and Veigar up as soon as finalize what they actually are
But for the most part, those two are run rather similar for me, of corse there are difference between the two... and they both work wonders, Though I do run out of Mana with early game, but after that its all Winning[/size]

those are pretty standard build for those champs (except for wukong, if you dont build triforce or at least a sheen on a tanky dps champ your doing it wrong.) the frozen heart on anivia is a strange but viable choice though.

[quote name='Poc' timestamp='1312011732' post='5400610']
those are pretty standard build for those champs (except for wukong, if you dont build triforce or at least a sheen on a tanky dps champ your doing it wrong.) the frozen heart on anivia is a strange but viable choice though.
[/quote]
They seemed like the better of the builds that I saw, but yes, they are rather standard...
I don't really Like Triforce, but where would I put it in??
Frozen Heart Helps out a lot later in the game, Lol, just my personal choice...

[quote name='∞ Skiel ∞' timestamp='1312047502' post='5401447']
They seemed like the better of the builds that I saw, but yes, they are rather standard...
I don't really Like Triforce, but where would I put it in??
Frozen Heart Helps out a lot later in the game, Lol, just my personal choice...
[/quote]

Triforce should be your first item after your boots, IE is a pretty expensive item and you can easily replace it with triforce. The health from triforce will synergize better with atmas too.

[quote name='Poc' timestamp='1312047830' post='5401463']
Triforce should be your first item after your boots, IE is a pretty expensive item and you can easily replace it with triforce. The health from triforce will synergize better with atmas too.
[/quote]
My build has worked so far for me, But i'll test the switch...

Archived