League of Legends

Boss Z

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't ever really a fan of Moakai, just something about him wasn't easy for me to play, idk
But I do love Blitz, that grapple arm reminds me of Skarner, just with longer range... he is basically just the original skarner after all

Still trying to get lots of the female champions in the game just to have them and 1 of the hottest skins, Lol

Maokai is so much fun to play. Build him tanky AP with a triforce and you'll slap anyone's s***.

I missed the sale on french maid nidalee a while ago, which makes me sad because I've been playing as her more than ever in the last few months.

Mastering Mordekaiser atm. Looking good, having fun with him. =] (LoL username : RevenantBlack. Add me.)

Current Champs:

Mordekaiser
Master Yi
Ashe
Alistar
Tryndamere

I'm gonna play test Tryn in a bot game when I get the chance. I want to main Mordekaiser, Yi, and Tryn. Poissibly Amumu if I decide to get him still. His jungling is pro. Might save for Nocturne cuz he's sexy.

Also, if anyone would care to give me honest thoughts: Is Shaco good? He looks epic, and I'll consider buying him if I get positive feedback.

shaco is good only if your opponents are mentally retarded. Otherwise stick to ammumu for all your jungling and ganking needs.

Also as fun and interesting as talon looks, hes yet ANOTHER tanky assassin/dps champ that Riot claims they are trying to tone down.

I just picked up Tryndamere. . . .

OMG I LOVE TRYNDAMERE. SO MUCH FUN. His survivability is not even funny. He racks up kills like no chara I've played. New main. <3

But on the Amumu reference, I'm not big on jungling. I much prefer laning, but I've considered giving it a go. I just have to learn the monster spawns and I'll give it a shot.

jungling is very rewarding when you do it right, you can carry your team and ensure much more map control than just laning. It just takes a bit of practice as each champ capable of jungling has different paths and such. Once you get the hang of it though you'll be winning a lot more games.

lolwut

If anything, Ranged DPS counter him the best. You know whats annoying? Having an Ashe or Kog attack you in between waves. He completely shuts down Melee though. As Poc said before, if you gank him early then he won't be much trouble. Once he hits 5 or so, that's when it's gg.

idk every time im a ranged dps i get shut down because morde's range is so big. His siphon's range is 700 and only 2 ranged champs can beat that - kog and tristana, but tristana can only beat that range at lvl 17 or 18, so i dont count that.

Other than kog, Cait has the next highest base range, and its only 650.

So ye, as soon as i try to attack, SIPHON - FU

just call for a gank, if your team is not retarded (good luck with that one) they will come and help you out. If you can get a couple levels ahead of him early game he will have no late game. Also, only harass him when his shield is down. Otherwise your wasting mana.

[quote name='Poc' timestamp='1314114245' post='5463577']
just call for a gank, if your team is not retarded (good luck with that one) they will come and help you out. If you can get a couple levels ahead of him early game he will have no late game. Also, only harass him when his shield is down. Otherwise your wasting mana.
[/quote]

Wait so an early game gank will shut him down, but he will destroy if that doesnt happen? Sounds OP enough to me.

Also, I tried that thing where u stand to the side of the lane and not behind ur minions so he has to choose between dmg to u and a big shield. I'm telling u right now it didnt work and its not going to work.

P.S. umm could u tell me when his shield is down b4 i harass him? To me it seems like never, unless u harass his shield down first.

[quote name='Murar Bonefang' timestamp='1314356330' post='5470003']
you guys are sooo sad..
i have pity on you..

this game can never bring the simple awesomeness of a Blink+Epi or a pudge Hook or the epic fantasy of a 400 range stun arrow from mirana.. these are just class apart..
[/quote]

You're lamenting on how great things used to be and how all of the kids these days just missed out on the greatest thing ever.

I pity you.

Looking for something different - seeing as I'm kind of tired of standard MMOs right now - to fill the void until GW2 hits shelves, I've decided to start playing this. Right now I'm getting used to Kayle, though I'm kind of saving up for Garen. I don't know which characters are supposedly the best or if I'm making a mistake (which is likely), but I've tried Garen out and I simply love the playstyle.

Garen is a good choice for a first time melee champ. Hes not too challenging to play and hes pretty strong right now at the tournament level of play. Id recommend buying at least one of each type of champ (ad carry, ap carry, ad bruiser, ap bruiser, jungler, support) and learning how to play each one. After that you can save your ip for runes or other champs.

[quote name='Poc' timestamp='1314632032' post='5477236']
Garen is a good choice for a first time melee champ. Hes not too challenging to play and hes pretty strong right now at the tournament level of play. Id recommend buying at least one of each type of champ (ad carry, ap carry, ad bruiser, ap bruiser, jungler, support) and learning how to play each one. After that you can save your ip for runes or other champs.
[/quote]

Alright, thanks. I'll have to learn the terminology, too, but it works. Wikia's helpful, but it doesn't have everything. (What do the ad/ap stand for? And for the bruisers, which one would Garen fall under?) I'll start looking around and find someones I can enjoy. Any recommendations from the current free rotation?

Ad is attack damage, AP is ability power. Most melee champs focus there builds on ad while most mages foucs on AP.
Carry champs have huge damage output but usually very little defense. Bruisers are usually melee champs with high health and mobility , Garen is a bruiser.

For the free champs I reccomend to try them all at least once.

Cho'gath is a super tanky bruiser that has excellent pushing power and damage output
Gragas is similar to cho but less tanky, most of his abilities are skill shots (you have to aim them)
Nidalee is my favorite champ she has great mobility, damage, and support. plus her traps act as wards and give great map control.
Ryze is a mage that builds mana items instead of straight ap. Hes really easy to play
Shen is a ninja.
Skarner is a melee bruiser with a great ult to use for ganking. Hes fun to play but a little underpowered right now.
Teemo is an annoying badger thing that makes people rage because of his mushroom minefields of death.
Nobody really knows what class urgot falls under. He basically spams homing missises at a target until there dead. Hes pretty challenging to play
veigar is an AP carry with some of the highest burst damage in the game. hes really squishy though
Zilean is a mage/support with the most trolltacular ult in the game. He has excellent laning harass and has a great buff/debuff.

Archived