Harpie Support

Time Psyduck

Some of these cards were in the Harpie structure deck, although I've updated the ocg and one has change. Harpies really need the support - the last support they did get (that's worth mentioning) was in the GX era. There are also some anime-exclusive spells and traps, which have been upgraded to make them useful in comparison to existing cards.

[spoiler=Monsters]Harpie's Pet King Dragon
Level 8/WIND
Dragon/Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 "Harpie's Pet" monster you control. This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each other "Harpie" monster on the field (apart from "Harpie's Brother"). Your opponent cannot target a Winged Beast-Type "Harpie" monster (apart from "Harpie's Brother") you control for an attack. Once per turn, if you control a "Harpie Lady" or "Harpie Lady Sisters": You can destroy 1 card on the field.
ATK 2400/DEF 2000

[i]A new boss dragon. Easier to summon and more useful than the original, and better able to last alone than the baby version, but with aspects of both.[/i]

Harpie Lady Royal Sisters.
Level 6/WIND
Winged Beast/Effect
This card's name is treated as "Harpie Lady Sisters". Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) when you control a "Harpie Lady", or by the effect of "Elegant Egotist". When this card on the field is sent to the Graveyard or banished: You can Special Summon 1 "Harpie Lady" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.
ATK 2250/DEF 1800

[i]A replacement for sisters, that won't always be a dead draw. Also replaces itself when it dies.[/i]

Harpie Princess
Level 4/WIND
Winged Beast/Effect
This card's name is treated as "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. You can substitute this card in your Deck for "Harpie Lady" for the effect of "Elegant Egotist". When this card is Normal Summoned: You canadd 1 "Elegant Egotist" from your Deck to your hand.
ATK 1700/DEF 1300

[i]Harpie Lady #7-9, and gives more utility to Elegant Egotist.[/i]

Cyber Harpie Girl
Level 2/WIND
Winged Beast/Tuner
When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card, either by battle or by a card effect: You can Special Summon up to two "Harpie Girl" monsters from your Deck.
ATK 1000/DEF 400

[i]Harpie Girl support. Helps swarm, acts as a very useful shield, and can make quick Rank 2's or a double Synchro Summon.[/i]

Harpie Crone
Level 1/WIND
Winged Beast/Tuner
"An elderly Harpie no longer capable of flight. She lends her strength and experience to her younger brethren."
ATK 100/DEF 1800

[i]We had the original, then the junior Harpie, and this is the senior version. Has a high DEF to stall, and being a Level 1 tuner is for a themed way to make Vortex the Whirlwind summonable.[/i]

Harpie's Pet Toy Dragon
Rank 2/WIND
Dragon/Effect
2 Level 2 "Harpie" monsters
This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material attached to it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target.
ATK 1200/DEF 600

[i]Baby dragon, in Xyz form. Works with Harpie Girl.[/i]

Harpie Dragon Lady
Rank 4/WIND
Winged Beast/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 4 "Harpie" monsters
Whilst this card is face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, it's name is treated as "Harpie Lady". This card gains 200 ATK for each "Harpie Lady" and "Harpie Lady Sisters" you control. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card and destroy that card. It that card would be destroyed by another effect in the same chain: You can target 1 other Spell or Trap card your opponent controls; destroy that target.
ATK 1800/DEF 1100

[i]Xyz for Harpies. The effect is designed to let you negate something that was chained to Hunting Ground's effect and then destroy something else to make up for the field spell's effect being wasted.[/i][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells & Traps]Harpie Lady Phoenix Formation
Normal Spell
Target monsters your opponent controls up to the number of "Harpie Lady" you control; destroy those targets. Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the combined original ATK of the destroyed monster(s). You cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn.

[i]Anime card: The burn was toned down, since it can easily take out several monsters and inflict massive burn.[/i]

Aero Nail
Equip Spell
Equip only to "Harpie Lady" or "Harpie Lady Sisters". The equipped monster gains 300 ATK. When the equipped monster attacks a Defense Position monster: That monster inflicts Piercing Battle Damage. If the equipped monster leaves the field: You can equip this card to another "Harpie Lady" you control.

[i]Anime card: Was given the piercing effect to make it a bit more interesting, and it seemed to fit.[/i]

Rose Whip
Equip Spell
Equip only to "Harpie Lady" or "Harpie Lady Sisters". The equipped monster gains 300 ATK and DEF. Any monster the equipped monster battles loses 1000 ATK and DEF after Damage Calculation.

[i]Anime card: The stat loss makes it something other than a worse version of Cyber Shield.[/i]

Harpie Lady Sparrow Formation
Normal Trap
Activate only when you control 2 or more "Harpie Lady" or "Harpie Lady Sisters". During this turn, when your opponent declares an attack: You can return the attacking monster to the Deck and end the Battle Phase.

[i]Anime card: Was made chainable and returned the card to the deck to give some use, as opposed to being a more specific Negate Attack.[/i]

Harpie's Feather Storm
Counter Trap
During the Battle Phase, when you control a "Harpie Lady" or "Harpie Lady Sisters": Negate the activation of an effect monster's effect and destroy that monster. You can then end the Battle Phase.

[i]Anime card: Was expanded to work in both player's battle phase, and the ending of the battle phase was made optional, to reduce the cost.[/i]

Harpie Lady Crow Formation
Counter Trap
Tribute 1 face-up "Harpie" monster you control; negate the activation of a card effect which targets and/or destroys one or more cards on the field and destroy that card.

[i]Effect negation at the cost of a Harpie.[/i][/spoiler]

Archived