Gladiator Heroes (Highlander)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Miror B.' timestamp='1313561274' post='5449768']
Heavy's been confirmed to come back next list. Which is about 2 weeks away.
[/quote][quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1313561712' post='5449790']
MST was @ 2 before this banlist. You can't have just one. They're like potato chips.
[/quote]
I said "was". I'll add a second MST and a Heavy Storm.

[quote name='Noel Vermillion' timestamp='1313606136' post='5450814']
...my eyes...I think they're gone already.

1. Bad main focus
2. Too highlander
3. Too much unneeded crap like Exiled Force
[/quote]
I posted this to receive help in preventing people from being in pain while reading the list.

1. Well, that's what I'm aiming for anyway. I'm trying to get it to actually work.
2. That's what I hate the most about this deck.
3. I'll swap Exiled Force for Heavy Storm.

EdIt:

-1 Exiled Force
-1 Shine Knight
-1 Turbo Booster
-1 Formula Synchron

+1 Dark Hole
+1 Heavy Storm
+1 Mystical Space Typhoon

These changes have been made to the first post. Now I just need to trim this down from fifty to forty and make room for BLS and Miracle Fusion.

Joke topic?
owait, srs bsnss topic

Arrive Glads is the ONLY way to run Gladiator Beasts with Elemental HEROes.
i.e.

Standard GB Monsters + 1 Stratos + 3 Prisma + 3 A Hero Lives

I'm not sure how to run them in September though. There are so many ways :|

Why are you playing 50 cards? =/

only very few decks can use more than 40 cards, and that number never passes of 45.

And highlander deck? It won't take you anywhere.

And some card choices are terrible.

[b][u]Monsters: (28)[/u][/b]
1 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Dandylion
[b]1 Dark Valkyria
1 Elemental Hero Necroshade
1 Elemental Hero Neos[/b]
1 Elemental Hero Neos Alius
1 Elemental Hero Prisma
1 Elemental Hero Sparkman
1 Evocator Chevalier
[b]1 Familiar-Possessed - Eria[/b]
1 Field-Commander Rahz
[b]1 Gagagigo[/b]
[b]1 Gene-Warped Warwolf[/b]
1 Gladiator Beast Bestiari
1 Gladiator Beast Darius
[b]1 Gladiator Beast Dimacari[/b]
1 Gladiator Beast Equeste
1 Gladiator Beast Laquari
1 Gladiator Beast Secutor
1 Honest
1 Junk Synchron
2 Marauding Captain
[b]1 Neo-Spacian Flare Scarab[/b]
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1 Prime Material Dragon
1 Spell Striker
[b]1 Turbo Synchron[/b]

[b][u]Spells: (15)[/u][/b]
[b]1 Blustering Winds[/b]
1 Dark Hole
1 Gladiator Proving Ground
1 Heavy Storm
[b]1 Instant Neo Space[/b]
1 Lightning Vortex
1 Mage Power
1 Miracle Fusion
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
[b]1 Power Pickaxe[/b]
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Supervise
1 The Warrior Returning Alive
1 United We Stand

[b][u]Traps: (7)[/u][/b]
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Dark Bribe
[b]1 Defensive Tactics[/b]
[b]1 Kunai with Chain[/b]
1 Mirror Force
[b]1 Shield Spear[/b]
1 Torrential Tribute

Why do you run these cards?

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1313809535' post='5456330']
"looks at new name of topic" You're seriously going to try to play this off as though you [i]intended[/i] to make it a highlander deck?
[/quote]

I put the "Highlander" part in parentheses. It's merely to advertise people that this is a Highlander deck, not to sure that I planned for that to be the case.

[quote name='Konoe A. Mercury' timestamp='1313809883' post='5456339']
Why are you playing 50 cards? =/

only very few decks can use more than 40 cards, and that number never passes of 45.[/quote]

As I said, I'm trying to trim this deck down.

[quote name='Konoe A. Mercury' timestamp='1313809883' post='5456339']And highlander deck? It won't take you anywhere.[/quote]

Apparently it did not occur to you that I'm trying to fix that.

[quote name='Konoe A. Mercury' timestamp='1313809883' post='5456339']And some card choices are terrible.[/quote]

No, really?[/sarcasm]

Dark Valkyria is a good card, but I'll admit it's incredibly random. However, as a DARK monster, I feel that it's necessary for the Chaos theme I plan to include.

I use Prisma to dump Necroshade, use that to summon Neos, and/or remove Necroshade to summon Chaos Sorcerer.

Eria and Gagagigo are two of my favorite cards, but from a strategic standpoint, they're the monsters I use for Absolute Zero.

Gene-Warped Warwolf is[b] [/b]a Level 4 monster with 2000 ATK. Explain how that's terrible outside of being a Vanilla?

Dimacari can attack twice per turn, but that's pretty much it.

Flare Scarab is because of Flare Neos, but I see your point.

What Level 1 Tuner(s) would you recommend instead of Turbo Synchron?

Blustering Winds is a 1000 ATK bonus that lasts during your opponent's turn. Explain to me how that's terrible.

Neo Space is really only there because of the Neos fusions. It's either this, Neo Space, or neither.

I've tested Power Pickaxe, and it actually works. The only thing bad about it is the "until the End Phase" clause.

Defensive Tactics is helpful with Secutor.

Kunai with Chain switches a monster to Defense and power up one of your own monsters. Describe to me how that's terrible.

Shield Spear is because I somehow forgot about Rush Recklessly. *Facepalm*

My starting point would be to get rid of the spells and traps and anything that isn't a E-HERO or a GB, and start working from there. Necroshade's effect isn't worth much, only use it for the Chaos Engine if you must, since it's the only good DARK E-HERO, unless you're willing to Run Malicious too.

And don't run the Neos fusions in a deck like this, you're only going to clog it up even more. Stick to Gladiator Heros, don't add Neo Spacians.

Basically, try to run 1 Stratos, 3 Neos Alius, 1 or 2 Prisma, 1 or 2 Necroshade/Malicious, then the bare essentials for Gladiators. I know it seems tight, but with the mixed theme it's probably going to be.

Afterwards look at spells and traps. See if cards like Proving Grounds or Emergency Call would be work it (probably at 1 each), then look at general support. I'm seeing cards like Power Pickaxe that really don't help at all and just give you a small attack boost, and Lightning Vortex which really isn't used anymore.

Oookay here we go. (Disclaimer: I haven't actually played in big tournaments for the past year or so. Cut me some meta-slack.)

I will attempt to do this is the most polite way possible, but keep in mind that in SOME ways (you're obviously not just a troll / 8 year old kid who doesn't know why Summoned Skull is bad) you are just shooting yourself in the foot (defending Gagagigo 0_0).

1: In general, E-Hero fusion and Gladiator Beasts don't mix. Heroes rely on pushing with big stuff, while GBs are a toolbox deck, getting answers to what you need when you need it. However, if you really do want to build it (People need to seriously stop just giving this guy a standard GB build. It's obviously not what he wants.), there are a few other problems.

2: You are running way too many cards that are just bad, or un-needed.

Take out

Monsters:

- 1 Dandylion (You've got GBs and E-Fusion. Don't try to cram synchros in there as well.)

- 1 Necroshade (He's terrible. Conditional summoning of Neos is bad.)

- 1 Neos (He's bad.)

- 1 Sparkman (He's bad.)

- 1 Evocator Chevalier (No need in this deck.)

- 1 Familiar Possesed - Eria (No need to run it, and it's bad.)

- 1 Field-Commander Rahz (This card is very bad. You've got much better options to run.)

- 1 Gagagigo (Just no.)

- 1 Gene-Warped Warwolf (You don't need to cram 2k beaters in here. Just go with your theme, and stick to it.)

- 1 Dimicari (He's bad. You have SO many better GB options. Running multiples of the same GB would be better than this. )

- 1 Secutor (Actually, I'm not sure. Could someone who has played GBs recently comment on this? Last time I played them this was bad.)

- 1 Honest (Currently, you don't have enough LIGHT targets to justify this. It will be dead more than not.)

- 1 Junk Synchron (See Dandylion)

- 2 Marauding Captain (Not needed, and bad. Also clogs up your hand.)

- 1 Flare Scarab (Just do normal Fusion Heroes. The Neos crap isn't even worth looking at.)

- 1 Grand Mole (See above. However, depending on the route this deck takes, you could add it back in just because it's a good card.)

- 1 Prime Material Dragon (Doesn't fit the theme at all, and is generally not that great of a card, outside of tech in disaster dragons.)

- 1 Spell Striker (Doesn't fit the theme, not needed, not good.)

- 1 Turbo Synchron (Don't do synchros.)

Spells:

- 1 Blustering Winds (ATK doesn't really matter compared to card advantage. It's bad.)

- 1 Instant Neo Space (No.)

- 1 Lightning Vortex (It's not a bad card per say, but you don't need to run it.)

- 1 Mage Power (It's bad, even more so with Heavy back and MST at 3.)

- 1 Power Pickaxe (ATK doesn't matter, and it's just bad. If you're going for Banishing crap in your opponent's Grave, use Spirit Release or D.D. Crow.)

- 1 Supervise (Not needed.)

- 1 United We Stand (See Mage Power.)

Traps:

- 1 Defensive Tactics (It's just bad... Use Waboku if battle protection is needed.)

- 1 Kunai with Chain (It's bad. If you want position swapping, use Enemy Controller or Book of Moon.)

- 1 Shield Spear (It's bad, and you don't need ATK manipulation.)

Extra Deck:

- 1 Darkbright (It's bad.)

- 1 Flare Neos (It's bad.)

- 1 Ground Neos (It's bad.)

- 1 Junk Gardna (Not needed.)

- 1 Life Stream Dragon (Much better cards are available.)

- 1 Power Tool Dragon (Not needed.)

3: Add in some good cards that you are missing.

Some off the top of my head: Book of moon, moar Laquari, extra GB Fusions, more Hero Fusions, more Prismas, Stratos, E - Emergency Call, more Neos Aliuses

4: Start taking the advice of the people on this forum. More often than not, the advice is decent. If you're wondering why a certain card is being suggested or taken out, just ask politely. If people see that you genuinely don't know why things are bad, they'll be more likely to help you than if you just say "No, this is good."

Hope this helped.

You're welcome. And I notice you're defending your cards with the arguement "How are they bad?"

I'll take Power Pickaxe as an example. No, it isn't exactly bad. But think about what you're running. E-Heros and Gladiator Beast, both of which have Fusion monsters as their trump cards. How is Power Pickaxe going to get you any closer to those trump cards?

As for Eria, you could probably use GB Murmillo as your Water target instead. Easy to get out via GB engine as well as has a good destruction effect, since unless the opponent plays burn, they're probably gonna have a monster to destroy.

@Saima: Gagagigo has an intersting story, which makes him one of my favorite cards. There are better options for Level 4 Waters and/or Vanillas, but still. Honestly, Elemental Heroes work better with a Chaos theme, which I must repeat is what I'm trying to make this. I deal with your wall of text in a bit.

@Miror B.: So basically, Power Pickaxe can be a dead draw. That does make sense. I have been interested in getting Murmillo (Unless I already have it stashed away somewhere), and since it can double as my Water monster for Absolute Zero, that gives it another purpose.

Fair enough. Run him if you must, but there are MUCH better WATER targets, as you said.

To be honest, I'd work on fixing up your GB/Hero Fusion engines first, then seeing if there's room for Chaos. In my mind, It's just not possible to build a consistent Hero/GB/Chaos deck. Go ahead and prove me wrong, though.

I'll be interested to hear your response to my barrier of typographical units.

Archived