Dragunity Deck - New September 2011 Banlist

Domon-kun

Hey everyone! As you probably already know, the new banlist is out, and since it's the first one to incorporate the existence of the Xyz Monsters, there are a few changes that could surprise even the most veteran Yu-Gi-Oh! players. Luckily, the September 2011 Banlist doesn't hurt the Dragunities as much as it does the Six Samurai.

This is my own original deck (at least as original as a pure-Dragunity deck can be), but feel free to copy it or whatever. What I don't want you to copy is the deck name: [b]Battle in the Dragon Ravine[/b]. It took me quite a while to come up with it, since my first name choice, "Day of the Dragons" is already a Magic: The Gathering card, so don't steal it! :D

And, of course, feel free to respond with any questions and/or reviews of the deck! In particular, I would love some help on constructing my Extra Deck.

By the way, don't worry about the asterisks - they're just there for my own reference. The asterisked cards are cards that I don't have yet, but am planning on buying.

MAIN DECK (total 40):
Monster:
3 Dragunity Aklys
2 Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
3 Dragunity Arma Mystletainn
3 Dragunity Dux
3 Dragunity Legionnaire
3 Dragunity Phalanx
Spell:
2 Cards of Consonance
1 Dark Hole
3 Dragon Ravine
1 Future Fusion
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Terraforming
Trap:
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Call of the Haunted
2 Icarus Attack
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment

SIDE DECK (total 15):
2 Dragunity Brandistock
2 Dragunity Primus Pilus
1 Cards of Consonance
3 Dragon Mastery
1 Foolish Burial
3 Stamping Destruction
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Icarus Attack

EXTRA DECK (total 15):
Fusion:
1 Five-Headed Dragon
Synchro:
1 Ally of Justice Catastor*
1 Black-Winged Dragon
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier*
2 Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana
(+1 Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana)*
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Stardust Dragon
(+1 Stardust Dragon)*
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Trident Dragion*
1 Vortex the Whirlwind
Xyz:
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon*

[quote name='se15fy' timestamp='1313891642' post='5458182']
out of curiosity, since ive been wondering this for some time......can Aklys summon Leyvaten wit his eff or do u have do Mystletainn, then banish?
[/quote]

You can summon Leyvaten from your hand with Aklys' effect, but remember that if you do this, Leyvaten's effect will [b]miss the timing[/b]. So, you won't be able to attach a Phalanx to him and synchro summon Trident Dragion.

@ Miror B. - Should I go with 2 Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite's, or would that mess up the speed of the deck?

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1313898899' post='5458549']
I don't think you understand how a Side Deck works.
[/quote]

Thanks for the helpful advice, buddy!

No, seriously, if I were to include the basic side deck cards like Gozen Match, Swallow Flip, Gladiator Taming, and Prohibition, then there'd be no point in posting it anyway.

Archived