Maigo Keishi (Lost Heir): Orig. RP. [IC/Started/Accepting]

Elƒie

Luna yawned and woke up. It was the morning after she met that odd fellow named Ferod. She stood up, and without another word started running back to the caste. [color=#800080]"Oh boy, is he going to be mad at me..."[/color] She said, panting as she sprinted up the castle steps. [color=#800080]"Gosh, I don't feel so well..."[/color] She thought, stopping to take a breather about halfway up the steps leading to the throne room. She was completely exhausted. She continued up the steps, but this time at a slower pace. It was not normal for her to be exhausted after a mere mile of running. [color=#800080]"Gosh, I do feel a bit dizzy..." [/color] She looked down at her hands, noticing how thin they were. [color=#800080]"Wha...? Oh, it can't be bothered now..."[/color] She shrugged it off as a side effect to being sick and continued up towards the throne room, stumbling every few steps.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darius nodded as he changed into his corporeal form, losing his ethereal glow as if he were mortal. Then as his fingers touched, Darius sensed a presence. But he discarded this and lifted the magnificently crafted and ornamented casket crafted out of a son's grief for his mother. Then, along with Alliaster, they placed the casket into the ditch. Darius then said "I once heard a poem when I witnessed my lover's funeral. It stayed with me Alliaster, if you would allow me to recite it?"
[spoiler=She is Gone][center][center]You can shed tears that she is gone Or you can smile because she has lived[/center][/center]
[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center]You can close your eyes and pray that she will come back Or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left[/center][/center]
[center][center]Your heart can be empty because you can't see her Or you can be full of the love that you shared[/center][/center]
[center][center]You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday[/center][/center]
[center][center]You can remember her and only that she is gone Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on[/center][/center]
[center][center]You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back Or you can do what she would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
[/spoiler]

Darius then finished the poem, the wind blowing gently through the air. Darius then saw the figure he had sensed. "Please, come over if you wish, you have nothing to fear." He called to the woman upon the branch. Then he spoke to Alliaster "Your mother's death shall not be in vain, my prince. You have an eternal ally within me.", which followed by Darius kneeling and bowing his head in respect. "I know nothing of this kingdom you are to rule, the time I spent watching you showed me nothing of it besides your royal title. But regardless, I shall walk these lands for the rest of my never ending days to aid you. I hope that one day I may rest in peace, I believe aiding you will do that."[/center][/center]

Donna leaped from the branch, rising above the top of the tree, and yet landed softly in front of Darius, not even disturbing the ground she landed on. "I do not need to fear either of you," she told them, "but this was the boy's private moment. It was not the time to make introductions, especially since I am only here to gather information. I have been away from this land for a long time and things have changed much since I departed."

"You call the boy a prince," she continued, "why is that?" Donna had a fairly good idea of the reason, but needed confirmation of her suspicions. She looked back to the youth. He really did look a lot like the former king, especially when she accounted for what features had come from his mother.

Darius looked upon Donna with his gentle eyes and said "As I just told Alliaster, all I knwo is that for the time I have known him, he has often mentioned the word prince and others have spoke of a Prince Alliaster. I am affraid I am unaware if this is an accurate title or not, however I am confident in it being true." Then he became spiritual again, his body becoming slightlu trnsparent and a light blue. "I am a revenant, a spectre, a ghost. I was once a living and breathing man, a human being, until one day I was assasinated. I know nothing more of my past life, except I had a lover." Then Darius looked away from the woman and said "The flowers, they acted strange just then," Then he looked back to her and said "You are not human, aren't you?..it matters not. Alliaster, I must go, but call upon me and I shall return." Darius then bade the two goodbye as he walked away, disappearing.

Keiz simply shoo'd Vun away, his way of telling him to get to it. He then turned his attention back to Akarui. [color=#ff0000]"The boy should be simple to find.. He lives in a convenience store/house combination near the center of Combine.. Like I said... Kill him and bring his wings to me.."[/color] With that, Keiz left to sleep for the night...

Alliaster closed his eyes and listened to the poem. Even after Darius pointed out another intruder and talked with her, he kept his eyes closed, the words of the poem sinking in. He took in a deep breath before he let out a roar, his black, feathered wings sprouting out of his back. [color=#008080]"No more hiding..."[/color] he said as he flexed his wings, [color=#008080]"My mother.. When I was little.. Told me to hid my wings from people.. I think I understand why now.."[/color] He looked back at his wings, [color=#008080]"All the demons I've ever known, have had bat like wings.. But mine are feathered... Just like the old king's..."[/color] He looked to Darius just as he disappeared, [color=#008080]"Thank you.. The poem.. It's brought me some peace.."[/color] He then looked to the 6' tall woman, [color=#008080]"As for what has happened... Almost 22 years ago, the old King died... He had no children, so there was a power gap within the kingdom.. Keiz rose up and took the throne. He was titled as a hero, then, for saving this kingdom from anarchy.. Then that tone changed quickly... He is now a tyrant.. Been one since he pretty much took up the crown.. And earlier today... As my mother whispered her last words... She told me I am the old king's son.. And I believe her.."[/color] He finished. He simply stood there with a straight face as he waited for the woman's response to all of this. He then looked to the east, watching the sun come up now. [color=#40e0d0]'Has it been that long since I've come home...?'[/color]

Keiz was up before the sun even rose. He sat back down on his throne, thinking of the night's activity. A lot has happened and he needed to think of a plan to be rid of this child if he found out he was the true heir. He looked around, noticing Luna wasn't there. [color=#ff0000]"Where is that girl now? Probably asleep in the garden, like she normally is when she gets drunk.."[/color] He got up and walked to the front, aiming to go to castle's garden. As he opened the door, he spotted Luna on the steps, [color=#ff0000]"There you are.. Not asleep in the garden again, I see.."[/color] Normally, he would have been pissed, but he was too occupied in his mind to care about something so.. so trivial...

Stornia smiled as she heard Prince Alliaster's "Speech" and got up once he was finished and walked over to him, as if from nowhere, and before anyone could react, and before she said anything to anyone, she muttered a prayer for Alliaster's Mother, [color=#0000FF]"So then..." [/color]she began, [color=#0000FF]"You are ready to accept that you are the heir to the throne?" [/color]she asked him[color=#0000FF] "If so, then if you so desire, I shall offer my services to you, M'lord" [/color]she told the newly realized prince, [color=#0000FF]"I shall fight on your command, and defend you from assailants if you wish" [/color]she went on, now gripping the hilt of her sword.

[color=#800080]"Sorry, sir..."[/color] She looked down at the ground. [color=#800080]"I apologize for leaving last night."[/color] She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair in an attempt to get it into a somewhat presentable form. "How did your meeting go last night? What was up with that strange demon with power over fire?" She felt very curious- never had she seen one with eyes such as his. [color=#800080]"He seemed a bit different. And I'll have you know that I still do not approve of making use of the dead."[/color] She yawned, thinking about what might've happened if she had actually lashed out against that strange-eyed demon. She looked up admirably at Keiz- what could possibly be going on in his head? She chuckled at the thought, then when into a coughing fit.

Ferod woke up not much later after the girl had left. Though he was unaware of her departure. He let out a yawn and stretched his arms just before checking on the girl. When he finally got around to opening the door, he was only half surprised to find the bed empty. "I figured as much." Without another thought, he went down stairs, paid for a few apples and stuck them all in the pockets of his coat, and stepped outside. "Well, everything is going smoothly. Not much I can do right now. I guess I can wonder the streets." Ferod pulled an apple from his coat and took a bit out of it.

Vun didn't sleep through the ni9ght, he had grown accustomed to not sleeping, he occupies 2 rooms in the castle, 1, was the large 20 row cathedral and the other was a large dark researh lab. At this time however he was in neither of those places, at the moment he stood on a bogola from a window, it had a black railing and wasn't a large area. Holding the top of his kane with 2 hands he glared over the city with contempt. Mafisto stood on top of the castle with his arms folded, it was easy for him to ascend to that height considerin he had a wing and all. His long silver hair (appearance refrence to sephiroth) lay still as he glared over the city and at the rising sun in the distance.

[color=#000080]"Not long now, Mafisto."[/color] Vun stated looking like he was talking to himself. [color=#000080]"It took me months to perfect your chant, but now that you're here, your true power wil be revealed, I sense Akarui, although wanting to know his past will not succeed in the murder of Alliaster."[/color]

[color=#000080]"How do you know my lord." [/color]Mafisto replied causing Vun to chuckle.

[color=#000080]"Alliaster won't be alone, and even if he was, Akarui believes he can take the head of Keiz by force, he sees this as an easier route, which he now has no escape from."[/color]

"I see," Donna replied. "Your wings confirmed it, but even without them you do resemble your father. I was never overly fond of Keiz - he always felt a bit suspicious to me, but I thought he was better than that, and he would have improved with age, but it seem my judgement may have been..." she paused, the admission of error fighting it's way back down her throat. At this point, a Valkyrie emerged from the house - Donna raised an eyebrow at the presence of another being who had died already - and began to offer her services to the prince.

"So, Demon Prince Alliaster, what will you do? If you reveal your wings, many will connect you to the former ruler, so you will have to decide whether you want to claim the throne. But if you do, what would you do with it?"

Shrugging her shoulders, Noah transformed into a bat and left for Keiz' castle, suspecting the assailant might be there and hoping to track him down and make him pay for wasting such a good mound of blood. It was a long flight for the countess, but it had to be done.

[color=#4b0082]"Nice place,"[/color] she said in a tone of compliment, [color=#4b0082]"Wonder what it's like inside,"[/color]

Noah knocked on the door and waited outside. With any luck, she'd have a chance to look inside in no time.

[i]Good lord that took forever.[/i] Sinn thought as he returned to Keiz's castle. He had been out hunting for a rather valuable item, as thanks to Keiz for his help. [i]I'll need to catch up on what happened while I was gone.....[/i]
OOC: Probably shoulda put this in the app, but Sinn hardly ever talks.
IC: [i]Locked....wheres one of those damn guards! [/i]Sinn looked around for one of them. [i]Grr... I'm not exactly in the mood right now. Guess I'll....Theres one![/i] Sinn began to walk up to Noah, thinking she was a guard...

Alliaster looked to the Valkyrie, [color=#008080]"Please.. Don't call me M'lord or prince or anything else for now... I've accepted royalty runs through my veins but I'm not quite that far with wrapping my head around the situation...."[/color]

Keiz was about to answer Luna when she started coughing. [color=#ff0000]"Great.. Another thing to worry about... Get in the castle and to the doctor. That's an order...."[/color]

Alliaster then looked to Donna, [color=#008080]"Before I talk about future plans.. I would like to at least know your name.."[/color] After hearing her name he said, [color=#008080]"Nice to meet you Donna.. As you already know, I'm Alliaster.. As for what I plan to do next.. I plan to keep out my wings.. Hopefully people will make the royalty connection and spread the word about a possible heir.. Then, if Keiz denies me the throne, the people will be in uproar.. I would imagine they wouldn't care if I was really the true heir, just as long as Keiz is kicked out off of the throne.. This'll put pressure on Keiz.. After that, many possibilities could happen so lets plan accordingly.."[/color] He then turned around and looked to his home, [color=#40e0d0]'And once I'm king, mother, I'll return and clean up this place, bringing it to a full circle.. So please.. forgive me for leaving it a mess.'[/color]

After he and Luna got into the castle and closed the door, he took about 5 steps before he heard a knock on the door. [color=#ff0000]"F*CKING REALLY!?"[/color] He growled as he walked briskly to the door and swung it open. There he seen a woman and Sinn. [color=#ff0000]"Both of you, come in, now. I've little patients and want to be done with whatever it is you both have.."[/color] After the two walked in, he told the guards, [color=#ff0000]"NO MORE VISITORS FOR THE DAY! THAT'S FINAL!" [/color]He then quickly walked to his throne and sat on it. He rested his left elbow on the arm rest and then rested his head on his hand. His right hand pointed to Sinn, [color=#ff0000]"You.. Go to the strategy room and we'll talk later.."[/color] He then looked at the woman, putting his hand down, [color=#ff0000]"And you.. What do I owe the pleasure to for a meeting with such a... succulent young woman like you?" [/color]A flirtatious smirk came to his face for a few moments before his face went back to being serious. [color=#ff0000]"And forgive my behavior.. I've much to think about and a.. enchanting distraction such as yourself can make it hard to concentrate.."[/color]

Sinn nodded ever so slightly, and walked down the hallway to the strategy room, cradling the precious magic he held under his jacket. [i]Is Keiz under pressure? He seems...diffrent. No. I must be imagining things. [/i]Sinn got to the strategy room, sat down, and began to wait. As he waited, he looked around. It looked a lot different then when he was last in it. The dusty old chairs were gone, the table where he had written down details of all his assignments...[i]No, I musnt get sentimental. If I do that, I will weaken, even for something as trivial as this.[/i]
The old oak table had been replaced with a new shiny stone one. Running his finger over the stone, he marveled at its smoothness. [i]What stone is this?? I know every mineral and gem in the country, yet I dont recognize this.[/i] He wondered how hard it was. He slowly took out one of his Obisidian Daggers, knowing them to be the hardest stone he had......

Luna, not one to disobey her king, walked away. She slowly walked away, getting slightly angry when she heard the flirtacious comment said by Keiz. She sped up her walk towards the medical ward, ignoring comments thrown out by the guards, such as [color=#ff0000]"Hey, Lunatic! You don't look so well! Job got you down?"[/color]. She coughed a bit and meandered into the medical ward, where she met Lief, the castle doctor. [color=#008000]"Well, we're going to have to draw blood."[/color] Lief said, taking out a syringe. [color=#008000]"Tell me, what exactly has been wrong, Luna? I know you were fine yesterday, but now you just look... plain terrible."[/color] Luna frowned at this comment, and looked at Lief. [color=#008000]"Hold out your arm."[/color] Reluctantly, she did as he asked. He gently pushed the needle into her arm, drawing a small amount of blood. It was light blue. [color=#008000] "Wow, I've never seen blood this color before!"[/color] He exclaimed, taking the syringe to a small testing tube, then pouring the contents into said tube. A computer quickly spit out results, which he quickly took up and started reading. [color=#008000] "Cell concentration, normal... No virus'... Slightly high alcohol level- were you drinking? Apparently, other than that, there is nothing out of the ordinary..."[/color] Lief stopped as he got to the bottom of the report. [color=#008000]"The concentration of magic is... extremely high. 75%, in fact..."[/color] He looked at Luna with a puzzled face. [color=#008000] "Why, it's amazing that you're still alive." [/color]Luna's eyes widened at this news- 75%? [color=#008000] [/color][color=#0000cd]"Lief, isn't the normal level in demons somewhere around 12.5%? Isn't that why we can even use magic, like the other races?"[/color] She said. She had never had a blood test before, but these results shocked her beyond belief. [color=#0000cd]"Will I be okay?"[/color] She asked, wanting an answer more than anything else in the world. [color=#008000]"I cannot be sure. Luna, what did you do last night?"[/color] He asked, slightly worried. Luna was one of his best friends. [color=#0000cd]"Well, I went on a... mission under direct order of the king. I almost got into a fight with one of his subjects, and I went out drinking."[/color] She looked at the ground. That day hadn't really been different than any other. [color=#008000]"Well, I can tell you that drinking too much is probably what caused you to be sick, but... I've never seen somebody with that high of an MBC (Magic/Blood Concentration). I suggest you take it easy for a couple of days. Here, take this. It'll dismiss you from your job for a couple of days."[/color] He took out a sheet of paper and scrawled a note on it stating that Luna would be taking time off by order of the doctor. [color=#008000]"The king is in a meeting, so I suggest you post it on his door."[/color] [color=#0000cd] "Thanks Lief. I owe you one."[/color] Luna winked at him, and walked out of his office, coughing a little bit as she walked towards the kings room. She arrived, and with a bit of hesitation, slid the note under his door. She took the alternate entrance out of the castle and started heading down the main road in the direction of Combine.

Vun walked downstairs with Mafisto and his little assistant to his sides, Vun retained his small contempt smirk as he paced forward with the top of his kane being held with both hands. As they walked down the spiraling steps that would lead to the bottom floor where the entrance to the throne room, and on the opposite side themain entrance of the castle Vun chuckled.

[color=#000080]"Mafisto I think it's time to follow in his suit, remain undetected." [/color]Mafisto simply nodded and made his way for the main entrance to the castle.

Vun took a look at the throne room door. [color=#000080]"Get the door for me." [/color]He stated a an order to his little assistant who hurried to opent he large doors for Vun to walk through. Vun and the assistant walked into the throne room seeing Keiz and a woman.

[color=#000080]"Good Morning Lord Keiz...I hope i'm not interrupting anything, I have a suggestion." [/color]his light smirk never fades.

As Mafisto walked outside opening the front entrance a woman was waiting at the front. He continued walking past glaring at her for a mere second. After walking a few metres he took flight and made his way for a destination.

Luna thought for a moment, walking down the road towards Combine. "75%, huh..." She looked at the wound where the syringe had entered- blue blood was leaking out of it. [color=#0000cd]"It can't be helped..."[/color] She thought, tearing off a section of fabric from her coat to and tying it around the small wound. Turning her head towards combine, she held one arm out and imagined herself flying.

[color=#0000cd]"Compress."[/color]

A small amount of magical energy formed in her hand, growing by the second. [color=#0000cd]"Spell #6 - Nagare."[/color] The ball, now quite large, enveloped Luna. She smiled, and stepped in the direction of Combine, leaving only a burn mark where she was standing. She arrived in Combine a short while later, tired out from the massive distance crossed in that short amount of time. [color=#0000cd]"I wonder what that boy is up to..." [/color]She thought, smirking.

Ooc: And there I was, going to have Donna be 'mysterious' (read awkward) and not tell him anything. Oh well, it's just a name.

Donna looked at the boy with some surprise. "Who educated you?" she asked, "not in the basics, but in things like politics and psychology. Because I have to admit that plan has some merit to it." Donna actually thought it a minor miracle this boy could come up with such an ingenious strategy, but wasn't about to say it. Keiz could easily assassinate individuals, maybe even an army with enough people loyal to him, but he would be powerless against rumour and stories. All he could do was to attempt to prohibit mention of heirs, but if he were as unpopular as it seemed, all it would do would be to fan the flames. The question would be how would the public responded to the boy with the feathered wings?

Akarui had left after preparations, which were no more than studying more from his book. He could run faster than most, which he had been doing, he kept this pace, hoping to keep any followers distant away. With his speed he could make it in half a day, maybe less if he truly tried. He had covered half the distance in a few hours. He began to walk, thinking if it were true, if Vun truly did know his childhood, or if it was just a trick to get Akarui to serve under Keiz. Whether or not it was true, he would soon find out.

Luna pulled the bar stool out from under the table, dusted it off, and sat on it. [color=#4b0082]"Hey bartender,"[/color] She said, keeping her voice upbeat. [color=#4b0082]"Can you get me a glass of water?"[/color] [color=#000000]"Yeah, sure thing."[/color] The bartender took a large glass and wandered into the back room, as there was no water upfront. Luna looked over her shoulder. Alliaster's house was directly across from the bar she was in. She chuckled.

[color=#000000]"Ma'am, here is your water."[/color] The bartender said, giving a little wink to Luna, who brushed it off quickly and ignored the man. [color=#4b0082]"Yeah, thanks."[/color] She said, a bit uninterested in whatever flirting this man would attempt on her. [color=#4b0082]"Say, who owns that shop, right across from here? I heard a bit of commotion last night, but I didn't check up."[/color] [color=#000000]"Oh, that's Alliaster's house. He's a wonderful guy, quite gifted in alchemy... his mother was killed last night. The community is in a stir about it, but soon it'll blow over. I feel sorry for the kid. Hey, baby, what's your name?"[/color] Luna looked the man in the eye. [color=#4b0082]"Please don't try flirting with me. It gets old really fast. Do you know if Alliaster is home?"[/color] The bartender looked at her, his face in an expression as if he had been defeated. [color=#000000]"Yeah, he's home. He was up all night, crying up a river over his mother's death. A ton of people showed up to pay their respects, it kept the neighborhood up with all of their commotion." [/color]

Luna smiled and shot a wink towards the bartender. [color=#4b0082]"Thanks. And the name is..."[/color] She had to think for a moment- she couldn't use her name here! [color=#4b0082]"The name is Sarah. It was a pleasure to meet you."[/color] She finished off her water and handed the bartender a small amount of money, leaving him to his own affairs. She walked out into the street, noticing a strange woman handing out candy to some children. [color=#4b0082] "At least some people have hearts these days..."[/color] Luna thought aloud, closing in on the door to Alliasters home. She knocked three times, and waited for a reply.

[color=#4b0082]"Why, aren't you the gentleman?"[/color] Noah asked, chuckling as she had obviously been flattered by that womanizing demon, [color=#4b0082]"And may I know the one who's trying to charm Ms. Countess Noah Lyman, by any chance?"[/color]

Noah decided to play along with the man's way; they'd see what happens when Keiz found out Noah's [i]true[/i] gender soon enough, but before that, Noah had to get some information about the murder from him, lest she'd be chucked out, and killed on sight if she was to return to the mansion again. She ignored the glare from Mafisto and continued to speak.

[color=#4b0082]"Well anyway, I've been trying to track down the assailant of Prince Alliaster's mother. That stupid numbskull left a bloodbath in there and left it to dry, and that pissed me off. So, uh... you don't happen to be able to help me out here, do you?"[/color]

Siki turned her head slightly as the stranger walked by, feeling something just, off, about her. [i][color=#4b0082]Hm, seems like something interesting is about to happen. Maybe this will explain my urge,[/color][/i] she thought to herself. She handed out a few more pieces of candy, before gently pushing some of the other children away, who were greedy for more. [color=#4b0082]"Maybe later children. I need to go sleep. Go play or something."[/color] She sounded motherly and kind to the children but in her mind she was already preparing for the worst as she turned to head after the woman. She started to blend in with the shadows along the way, fading from view to anyone but the most alert. [color=#4b0082][i]I wonder who this could be. I heard of a death when I arrived but...hm...[/i][/color]

Keiz was about to ask Vun what his suggestion was till he walked away. He glared at him for a moment, but he decided to deal with it later as he turned his attention back to the woman...

(Sorry Time.. Lol. Figured ya were gonna give her name anyways.. You can still be mysterious about what she is. :3) Alliaster blushed a little as Donna complimented him. The only person that ever really complimented him was his old alchemy teacher and his mother, obviously. [color=#008080]"T-Thanks.."[/color] He then frowned a little as he heard a knock on the door. [color=#40e0d0]'The place is still trashed.. Better go the front from the side..'[/color] [color=#008080]"I'll be right back.."[/color] He said as he performed some alchemy on left over metal, which turned it into a chest plate hidden under his shirt. [color=#008080]"Just in case I need a weapon..."[/color] he explained quietly to the others before walking to the front from the side of the house. [color=#40e0d0]'A woman?'[/color] he blushed a little as he noticed her face. He shook it off before he walked to her, [color=#008080]"Can I help you?"[/color]

[color=#ff0000]"You're talking with Lord Keiz, ruler of this kingdom, but you can just call me Keiz.."[/color] He stood up and walked to her. He took her right hand and softly kissed it. [color=#ff0000]"So what can I help you with today, Ms. Noah?"[/color] He was smiling to him before a frown appeared on his face. [color=#ff0000]"I see.. Ms. Noah.. Despite how beautiful you are.. I can't let you leave here alive.. Unless.." [/color]He let go of her hand before he walked back up to his throne and sat down. [color=#ff0000]"Unless you work for me.. Hmm.. What deal can we make that'll make us both happy..."[/color] He smirked to himself in his mind as one certain idea came to him. He chuckled a little before another idea came to him. [color=#ff0000]"Hmm.. Why cry over spilled milk, or blood in this case, when I can offer you oh so much more than a single person's worth.. If you become one of my assassins.. I promise you a feast of blood. You'll never have to worry about it again if you join up with me.. But if you don't want to.. dirty your beautiful hands.. I can suggest a different deal.."[/color] he winked to her as he mentioned a different deal. Now he sat there, waiting patiently for her reply.

Luna noticed that the man blushed and almost laughed- almost. She kept her composure, though, and frowned. [color=#800080]"You're Alliaster, right...?" [/color] She sensed something hiding in the shadows behind her, but chose to ignore it. [color=#800080]"I heard some commotion last night, and the whole neighborhood is talking about her..."[/color] She thought about her choice of words, careful to avoid anything offensive. [color=#800080]"...unfortunate passing. I... I just wanted you to know that if you would ever need anyone to help you, I'll be around." [/color] She looked over his shoulder and saw another group of people gathered around a table. [color=#800080]"I see that you have guests... I'm sorry for bothering you in this time of tragedy."[/color] She sighed and turned around- she wondered if killing his mother was the right thing to do, and here she was, standing in front of him. She started to walk off, back towards the bar. Maybe she shouldn't stay with Keiz, but what would she do instead of that? She couldn't stay with Alliaster... the guilt would eat her up.

Ferod stopped dead in the middle of the sidewalk. He had just spotted the girl from last night and was on his way to speak with her, when she suddenly...vanished. No, vanish was the wrong word. She used magic to transport herself. That was quite odd for a demon to do, but where did she go. Ferod walked over to the spot and quickly checked that no one was watching. "Death. Your assistance please." Ferod's shadow grew a shade darker, and a shallow voice echoed in his ears. "The spell was not used, so I assume you are not using one of your three battle calls. What is it that you need?" it asked. "A portal was opened here just a few seconds ago. Can you tell me where it went to?" The shadow remained quiet for a moment. Presumably, Death was finding an answer. A second later, the voice spoke. "Combine." Ferod scratched his head. Why Combine? This girl seemed even more odd. "I need to get there as quickly as possible. Can you help me with that?" Ferod asked the shadow. "Of course." it replied. "Just stepped through here." A small rift, just barely taller than Ferod, opened up before him. Without a moments hesitation, he stepped through. He soon found himself standing in a boat. An old man was steering it, while a cloaked figure wielding a scythe stood before him. "It will only be a few seconds." came the shallow voice from the cloaked figure. Sure enough, a few seconds later a new rift appeared at the other end of the boat. "Thank you. Your help is appreciated." Ferod said to the cloaked figure. "And do not worry, everything is going according to plan." He then stepped through the rift and appeared in the middle of Combine.

Archived