God hates the East Coast.

Dark

I live on the eastern coast of America and I just took a vacation to another part of the eastern coast of America, and the bullshit I have to deal with is actually quite annoying.

So first, there was an earthquake with its epicenter in Virginia which had aftershocks that were felt from Georgia all the way up to Massachusetts. And I was less than 100 miles from the epicenter when the damn thing happened.

Now, there is a category three storm that just ripped apart the Bahamas and is threatening to hit pretty much the entire eastern coast - it's expected to still be a category one or two by the time it makes its way up to Massachusetts, and is hitting New York with a category two.

This is really annoying. I don't really care about the earthquakes in California and I believe one in Brazil (or somewhere in South America), I care about the random crap that's being thrown at me and everyone on the eastern coast.

Discuss discrimination by location.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[i]...I'm in Florida. Everyone here pretty much waved Hurricane Irene off as a glimmer of hope that school will be cancelled Friday.[/i]

...lucky, you guys get cancellations for hurricanes.
...unlucky, you guys already started school. <___<

[i]Freaking Hulu doesn't work outside of the US. Blatant discrimination![/i]

What damn country is Hogwarts in, anyways?

[quote name='Ã…tman' timestamp='1314233205' post='5466721']
...I'm in Florida. Everyone here pretty much waved Hurricane Irene off as a glimmer of hope that school will be cancelled Friday.
[/quote]

Same. Hoping it doesn't hit Saturday. So far it doesn't seem like a threat at all. :U

I hope to god the hurricane floods my neighbors house. It'll be funny, and I will laugh. That earthquake felt like more akin to a fat person jumping around in my house, [i]it was nothing.[/i]

And the only thing that bothers me about the hurricane is that I might miss my card shops tourney on Saturday.

[quote name='Ã…tman' timestamp='1314233834' post='5466749']
orly? I thought it was in Ynglishlandibekiztan.

ON-TOPIC: If "discrimination by location" only applies to natural disasters, then.... well, sucks for you. Move to Canada.
[/quote]
Canada has coldness and polar bears. Also you're clearly wrong.

[quote name='Luna Lovegood' timestamp='1314233960' post='5466763']
Canada has coldness and polar bears. [b]Also you're clearly wrong. [s]No, I'm pretty sure it's in Ynglishlandibekiztan.[/s][/b]
[/quote]

Yea, but you generally don't hear anything bad coming from Canada. Then again, I could be and probably am completely ignorant.

Oh, I'm sorry the east coast has to deal with a GASP! magnitude 5 earthquake and a, god forbid, category 2 hurricane. I'm sure, people in Bangladesh are feeling for us as they deal with yearly monsoons that ravage their land. Georgia and Armenia are weeping tears for us as they are stuck in drought and fast running-out of water in the Aral Sea. Central Africa is wishing us the best after they walk 10 miles for disease infected water. Yes, God hates t he East Coast. Shut it, and take your natural disasters like a man.

[quote name='Raineâ„¢' timestamp='1314234168' post='5466775']
Oh, I'm sorry the east coast has to deal with a GASP! magnitude 5 earthquake and a, god forbid, category 2 hurricane. I'm sure, people in Bangladesh are feeling for us as they deal with yearly monsoons that ravage their land. Georgia and Armenia are weeping tears for us as they are stuck in drought and fast running-out of water in the Aral Sea. Central Africa is wishing us the best after they walk 10 miles for disease infected water. Yes, God hates t he East Coast. Shut it, and take your natural disasters like a man.
[/quote]

+Like for being awesome.

Owayt, reached quota.

Archived