kenai

Now let's all agree: Ritual Monsters need a little somethin. Hardly anyone uses them because of their inconsistent method of Summoning them. However, after testing the upcoming "Gishki" archetype, I now have newfound hope in the monsters, seeing as they were once (and now again, thanks to Gishkis) my favorite type of monsters.

Now for those of you that don't know: [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gishki"]http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gishki[/url] <--- I encourage you to read about the Gishkis and get an idea of how they work.

There are a few strategies they focus on:

-Searching cards from the Deck.
-Returning cards to the Deck.
-Ritual Summoning (of course).

Now with the above in mind, allow me to show you the cards and explain their effectiveness in a Gishki Deck.

[img]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2937/320476.jpg[/img]

Admittedly, his image could have been better. However, realizing his effect and how it plays in (and even out) of a Gishki Deck gets me riled up already. Of course, the obvious way to send him to the Graveyard by a card effect is to Tribute him for a Ritual Summon. However, he can also be a target of a card effect, sending him to the Graveyard as well, or even by way of Foolish Burial. His effect is nothing to laugh at either; As already shown in Gishki Decks I've tested, returning a card to the Deck is ten times worse than simply sending it to the Graveyard. Be careful though, because it's effect is not optional and you may end up sending your own card to the Deck if your opponent controls none.

[img]http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2937/320476.jpg[/img]

Now this card had an interesting concept with an interesting effect. It would make itself a Chimeratech of the Gishki, with a nasty Summon effect. Keep in mind, however, Tributing too many monsters destroys your card advantage that this archetype is famous for retaining.

[img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1268/320476r.jpg[/img]

You may wonder why this card doesn't specify only "Gishki" Ritual Monsters. That's because I thought that a card like this would be balanced in any Ritual Deck. However, the card name contains "Gishki" to make it playable and searchable in a Gishki Deck. This card really emphasizes the recycling theme of the Gishki's, while Ritual Summoning at the same time!

[img]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2937/320476.jpg[/img]

The Hyper Librarian of Ritual Monsters. In my opinion, this card alone would make GIshki a formidable foe, and could even push them into a place on a top Tier.

Thank you for reading, I appreciate ALL COMMENTS, constructive criticism is always great.

Lemme know what you think of each card, even if it's just "Ehh...".

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1315165173' post='5492009']
the hydra ritual is too powerful, since you said its atk is all the atk of the monsters added together to summon it

given that it's lv10, this can easily exceed the 5000 atk mark

Undine certainly adds playability to rituals, but I feel the draw power for it is too much
[/quote]

Every time I see you post anything, you always say it's OP. In that case, I doubt I can take you seriously.

When I tested Evigishki Primehydra in my proxied Deck, I found that it typically passed the 4000 ATK mark (although it's always conditional, sometimes it was barely 3600) and never once surpassed the 5000 ATK mark. I can't even think of a combination of Gishki monsters that would make him 5000 ATK or more. That being said, if I did happen to get lucky and Summon it at an opportune time, my opponent would almost always get rid of it, leaving me lacking many cards. And you're not even hardly considering the difficulty it takes to get it out; it always takes at least 2 monsters as a Tribute in a Gishki Deck to get it out, usually 3 though. That's roughly using 3 or more cards to bring that guy out.

Spirit Undine is surprisingly weaker than you might think. In a Gishki Deck, the cards you want in your hand are the ones that set you up for Ritual Summoning. Unfortunately, the draw gained from Spirit Undine isn't always deemed a jackpot draw for another Ritual Summon. However, other useful cards can be drawn that otherwise wouldn't be searched, such as Salvage or Moray Of Greed, and can help a combo keep going. However, there is no real way to keep a continuous Ritual Summoning combo based on lucky draws.

Anyways, thanks for the criticism.

Keep the comments coming, people!

[quote name='kenai' timestamp='1315169003' post='5492181'] Every time I see you post anything, you always say it's OP. In that case, I doubt I can take you seriously. [/quote]
Except he has a point about Primehydra.

[quote name='kenai' timestamp='1315169003' post='5492181'] When I tested Evigishki Primehydra in my proxied Deck, I found that it typically passed the 4000 ATK mark (although it's always conditional, sometimes it was barely 3600) and never once surpassed the 5000 ATK mark. I can't even think of a combination of Gishki monsters that would make him 5000 ATK or more. That being said, if I did happen to get lucky and Summon it at an opportune time, my opponent would almost always get rid of it, leaving me lacking many cards. And you're not even hardly considering the difficulty it takes to get it out; it always takes at least 2 monsters as a Tribute in a Gishki Deck to get it out, usually 3 though. That's roughly using 3 or more cards to bring that guy out. [/quote]
4000 ATK is too much, and it also allows you to send 3 cards back to the deck. In other words: a free direct attack. ragnarok is correct, this card is OPed.

[quote name='kenai' timestamp='1315169003' post='5492181'] Spirit Undine is surprisingly weaker than you might think. In a Gishki Deck, the cards you want in your hand are the ones that set you up for Ritual Summoning. Unfortunately, the draw gained from Spirit Undine isn't always deemed a jackpot draw for another Ritual Summon. However, other useful cards can be drawn that otherwise wouldn't be searched, such as Salvage or Moray Of Greed, and can help a combo keep going. However, there is no real way to keep a continuous Ritual Summoning combo based on lucky draws.

Anyways, thanks for the criticism. Keep the comments coming, people![/quote]

I'm fine with this card. Just because it's OPed does not mean that it isn't bad. Maybe lower it's ATK and DEF a bit.

[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center]The Undine is not OP. Ritual's are slower then Synchro, and thats that.
[/center][/center]
[center][center]I would love Undine to be a real card, as for I to love Gishki, but wish they kept the name Ritua...
[/center][/center]
[center][center]And I have never seen a situation where I would even go into the Hydra, I probably wouldn't include it.
[/center][/center]
[center][center]And on a side note: If you go into Hydra in a well functioned Gishki deck, most monsters there are WEAK. Hydra wouldn't get far also, the Summon would be likely negated and you just lost 5 cards in your hand (The proable 3 tributes, the Ritual Spell, and the Ritual monster.)
[/center][/center]
[center][center]Nice cards, the first card is OP though. Would add alot of power to DW/Fabled, Chaos even, Ryko mill take out 2 cards.
[/center][/center]
[center][center]EDIT: Forgot to comment on the Spell. Its nice, but 9/10 of my Gishki Ritual Summons are off of Vision and Shadow, and I love those cards to be in hand or graveyard, thus, using this in Gishki is questionable. However, I love that it is indeed a generic Ritual, and could help alot in other decks.[/center][/center]
[center][center]I am not 100% sure, but doesnt it have to say "Ignoring its Summoning Conditions" or whatnot, because Ritual Monsters usually state they need a specific ritual?[/center][/center]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived