Pirates Reborn! [IC/Started/Always Accepting]

Kyng's Old Account

Maria simply stood there, in the center of the sailors, as she had her arms crossed under her chest and her eyes closed. She just simply stood there. Not even the shots from the gun-crazed chick nor the bomb seemed to move her twitched. She wanted to join in the fight, but seeing how she had her fair share of sailors earlier, she figured she let the crew join in the fun. As the sailors went away, their tails behind their backs, she opened her eyes and let out a laugh. [color=#008080]"This lot.. I swear.. Its going to be an interesting journey, eh boy?"[/color] Sharn, as he went down the ramp, let out a bark. He didn't join in the fight since Maria didn't. She walked over to the small group of the captain, shorty and some other guy. [color=#008080]"Before we get to all the name introductions, we should get to the bar and do it, so we only have to do it once. And we should probably get elf girl too.."[/color] She turned and looked at the elf, seeing her distraught face.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And with his very low attention span, Kress headed over to Maria, or as he called her mentally due to still not being aware of her name, '[font=georgia, serif]Blonde girl with the dog.'[/font] He walked up to her and said [font=georgia, serif]"But...but name introductions are...well, um...drawing a blank here. Nevermind, I'm parched and I've thrown up thrice because of that pidg-!!!"[/font] And he ran over to the side of theship again, green face, and barfed overboard, his mess splattering on a saling boat underneath him, who quite frankly didn;t enjoy the feeling of it. Kress felt like apologizing but feared he'd blow chunks again. So he raised a finger to indicate [font=georgia, serif]"Give us a second here, I've only gone on emptied my stomach." signal as he ran indoors to his quarters and flipped through McGraw's Diary. "Where is it...here we go, Dental Hygiene...okay then."[/font] And Kress washed, brushed, washed, washed again, brushed and a final wash to clear out the leftovers he hadn't quite barfed out. In fact, he had his typical pearly whites! With a charismatic smile he ran over to Maria and said. [font=georgia, serif]"four times because of that stupid pidg-no, I'm not going to say it. Well, I'm thirsty, and hungry, so I'm off!"[/font]

Lark had another bomb ready, but since the sailors fled, he put it away. Truth be told, he was having second thoughts about this whole thing. They hadn't started yet and they were killing some people. But, he supposed pirates weren't supposed to be good guys after all, they were pirates. And he was one now. Though he was begin to worry about the captain. That man seemed a little too... odd for his position. Or did being captain require certain, eccentricities? So much he didn't know. Maybe that was what Claudia had in mind when she freed him. A chance to learn. He shifted his bag and scurried over to where the others were gathering. No point in getting left behind. No matter how weird the crew, he would stick with them. "We fough off our first boarding party. You be buying to celebrate, right?"

Wyn met Maria's eyes, then she quickly looked away toward the horizon. Something was sliding down the side of her head, she reached up to remove it. It was a tear, she was crying this was odd she hadn't cried since that night. She had try to forget the memory but each time she changed her thoughts she always manage to get back to the pictures in her head of what happened.

[color=#0000ff]'God damn Sailor, he friggin'[/color] deserved that' Wyn whispered [color=#0000ff]'And I promise you whoever dares even mention Mother will be in a lot of pain to say the least.'[/color] Wyn had never felt this way, she wasn't use to showing or feeling emotion no true elves do, but as she was half human she supposed it was fair to think that she would show it eventually. She turned to see most of the others following the short one to a bar, [color=#0000ff][i]can't hurt [/i][/color]she thought to her self. So she decided to follow the others, she walked past Maria without saying a word, and when she followed the others she stayed rather secluded from them.

Kress, rather lightheaded from his stomach betraying him four times, wiped his sweaty forehead as he looked around for a bar. He spotted the bar he ran through after dealing with a couple of annoying sailors...which ended rather fine, surprisingly! Unsure whether he'd be allowed back in there after slidng across the bar, smashing countless glasses, Jericho's inclued, he decided to slow down and he walked next to Maidowyn. Kress spotted the wet lines down her face from her eye and asked [font=georgia, serif]"Hey, you okay?" [/font]Kress recalled what made Maidowyn like this that sailor insulting her mother, which resulted in her tossing a knife into his face. [font=georgia, serif]"Um, I don't really know what to say. Erm, how about 'cheer up and let's have a good time?'"[/font] He chuckled trying to lift her spirits unsure if he was successful.

Maidowyn denied the bar mans offer for free beer, she stayed behind everyone else, unsure that she should be here. Her father had spoke about going toward the Pirates Citadel, he went and when he returned he was a different man. He was insane, out of control and he couldn't control his actions leading to the death of his wife.

[color=#0000ff][i]'What's there?'[/i][/color] she asked her self aloud. She sat still and let her thoughts go loose what is at the Citadel? It took her a while to notice that Kress was talking to her. [color=#0000ff]'Please leave me be'[/color] she said [color=#0000ff]'I'm still shock about these things...emotions, you call them. I've never experienced them before.' [/color]She waited a few seconds for Kress to take in what she said. [color=#ff0000][i]Aye boss! I saw that bunch of pirates who killed your admiral go in there. [/i][/color]her ears flicked trying to pick up anymore of the conversation but she had heard enough [color=#0000ff]'Captain, i hope you've paid because we're gonna need to make a hasty exit'[/color] she said staring at the door [color=#0000ff]'I think we have more sailors.'[/color]

After she said that the door burst open about 10 sailors were scanning the room for, no doubt, them. [color=#0000ff]'There's no relaxing day is there? not even a day in and we've had to fight.'[/color] She said

Kress was a little sad he was unable to cheer up Maidowyn, but the 10 sailors made him a little annoyed. And when Kress get's a little annoyed, it will eventually boil into a huge explosive outburst.[font=georgia, serif] "Okay, listen, we're just trying to have a-"[/font][i] "Shut up, laddy! I dinnae care if yer havin' a drink or wha! I'm gonnae bust yer chops in, you fa****!"[/i] And just like that, Kress' face light up like a match and his eyes on fire, he unleashed a barrage of insults at the sailor. [font=georgia, serif]"Alright. Firstly, I ain't a laddy, got that! I'm 20 years old for God's sake! Next, speak proper English or don't speak at all, you speak like someone's shot you in the head and kicked your balls so many times they've flown out your teeth! Third, you'll never bust my chops in, because I've got a crew here ready and able to rip you to shreds! Fourth, I'm straighter than your dad, who by the way I saw down the street last night without his mistress busy having some fun with anohter geezer! And finally..."[/font] Kress then grabbed the sailor by the collar and said [font=georgia, serif]"I am not in the friendliest of moods at the moment."[/font] And he sucker punched the sailor to the floor, then snatching a bottle from a table and tossing it into another's eye. He looked back at his crea and said[font=georgia, serif] "Anyone up for a game of beat the crap out of some sailors?"[/font]

Issun went along with the rest of the crew into the bar, and, ignoring Kress and the elven girls conversation, was about to order drinks for everyone. That, of course, was when ten sailors burst in and started insulting Kress, followed by Kress suggesting a nice game of beat the crap out of the sailors. Issun raised his hand eagerly, [color=#008000]"Aye!" [/color]he responded excitedly, then got up and unsheathed Denkomaru, and ran up to a one, who tried to bash his skull in, which Issun evaded by quickly rolling out of the way, under the Sailors legs, then jumped up, landed on his back like he was taking a piggy-back ride, and slammed the hilt of the scimitar into the back of the Sailors head, causing him to collapse, [color=#008000]"I just wanted a bit of beer, and you guys just HAAAAAD to interrupt me![/color]"

Wyn saw Kress stand his ground and followed suit. She stood up[color=#ff0000] 'Hey, you're that daughter of a who-'[/color] The knife was in his neck before he finished his sentence she turned to the other sailors [color=#0000ff]'let me make this crystal clear, NO ONE INSULTS MY MOTHER!' [/color]She shouted as she let off another 2 throwing knives one into the head of a sailor another into the neck of another.

[color=#0000ff]'Now be a group of good sailor boys and run along or...well look around...'[/color] she said smugly, she throw some coins at the bar tender [color=#0000ff]'hope that covers the damage.'[/color] she walked toward the sailors who out of fear made a gap for her. Except one who drew his sword to strike her, she heard it unsheath and with lighting speed turned and placed her hand on the sailors chest. His mouth started to gurgle blood. Maidowyn drew back her hand and showed it to the other sailors. It was a knife attached to a mechanism on her wrist.

She turned and left, though not to the boat, she ran across the road and ran a bit up a wall and started to climb until she was at the top of the building. She just enjoyed heights. she sat down on the roof and closed her eyes. She was relaxed again.

"Is this going to happen every time we go out," Lark complained, jumping onto the table to avoid the worse of the scuffle. Since their was no avoiding it, he figured he may as well get involved. He rummaged through his bag looking for a suitable bomb with one hand, swing his club stick at any sailor that stumbled into range with the other. He didn't really have them sorted, and some of his more powerful ones might damage the shop. "Um... pepper bomb, smoke, not now, hold on!" he smacked one sailor on his shoulder. "Flash bomb, shoo, give me a minute, flare, lunch, another pepper, go take a seat please!" he smacked the persistent sailor a third time as he search. The guy keep coming, thought. Stubborn.

"I told you," Lark growled, "take a seat!" He pulled a string of firecrackers from his bags side pocket and lit it with a deft motion. Quickly, he used the sailor's shoulder as a spring board and hopped over him, them yanked him back by the waistband. He dropped the firecrackers into the seat of his pants, whirled him around and kicked him away. Within seconds, a series of loud rapid fire snaps erupted from the poor sailor's nether regions and another victim was off running and screaming for water. By this time, Lark found his pouch of mini-bombs, but looked with concern at the fleeing man. "Sorry, guess you can sit down now after all."

Jericho was too preoocupied with her own weapons to notice that another fight had broken out until Lark's firecrackers went off, sending a man scurrying out of sight by which time it looked have been over already. To say Jericho had a dissapointed frown would be an understatement, however her weapons where currently useless due to their lack of ammunition. Jericho heaved a sigh as she checked each weapon to find them all empty, the drink she'd ordered once again going untouched with barely even a glance from Jericho.

[b]"Wonder if they can't make guns that can hold more than one bullet,"[/b] she wondered aloud as she spun one of her flintlocks around on her trigger finger.

She shrugged, looking up to realize that the elf woman seemed to have vanished causing Jericho to raise an eyebrow in interest.

[b]"What's eatin' her up?"[/b] She asked aloud to anyone in particular.

Kress was psyched after the huge brawl that had just gone underway, deep breaths and pants acompanying his rapid heart as he walked over to Jericho who was busy with her guns. Pulling up a seat next to idle girl catching the last few words she said, Kress ordered a drink with his hands, only to get a dirty look by the bartender, which annoyed Kress a lot.

[font=georgia, serif]"Listen very carefully. I am 20 years old and I will have a drink when I ask for one."[/font] He said sternly as he eyeballed the bartender who looked away after realising how serious he was, dealing with the sailors.

Kress the turned to Jericho and sighed. [font=georgia, serif]"Well, in the fight, she got pee' off because a sailor called her mother a...a very upsetting thing. I don't blame her...what's up with the guns?"[/font]

Issun shook his head, [color=#008000]"Finally, now let's just have a few drinks, for real this time, and not get interrupted"[/color] Issun suggested, then went back over to the bar, and took a sack of golden coins out [color=#008000]"I'll just be paying in advance, and order..." [/color]he started to say, and thought for a bit, [color=#008000]"Ten mugs? Yeah, that sounds good, ten mugs of beer," [/color]Issun ordered the bartender, and then began to wait for his order to come through, then span around to face the rest of the crew, [color=#008000]"Anyway, we weren't all properly introduced before, I'm Issun" [/color]Issun introduced himself, not paying attention to the fact that the elven girl had left, [color=#008000]"What about you?" [/color]he asked, looking at the beast-man type guy, then looked over at the girl that was using guns, [color=#008000]"And you, the babe with the guns," [/color]

"I'm Thirteen of Gilchrest estate," he stopped himself and cringed. Old habits die so hard. And that was one of the oldest ones he had. "Forget that," he amended hastily. "I'm Lark. I'm here to earn money for food." What else was he supposed tell this guy? He was one of his new crew mates, so he could tell him more without to much problems... "I'm not from here. I sailed here on a ship four days ago." He held up four fingers helpfully. "It took us a couple months to get here. They said my home town is on a continent north and west of here. I'm looking for stuff to do, so I guess I'm heading back to sea."

Raphael looked at Lark and heard what happened to him...even though he didn't go into detail. [color=#0000FF][i]Poor guy... [/i][/color]he thought with a sigh. He looked at everyone and then smiled a little. [color=#0000FF]"Most of you already heard me say my name, but I'll say it again. I'm Rafael Santiago...the son of an English Noblemen and his Spanish servant girl." [/color]Rapahel began. [color=#0000FF]"People didn't like me much, mainly cause of my mother...but I didn't care. When I turned eleven...my mother died and it only left me and my father. But when I turned sixteen, my father lost a lot of money so I turned to a life of a thief...at which point my father disowned me and I came here..."[/color]

Jericho looked up when Kress came over to query her about her weapons, she replied with a cheerfuly grin and lifted up her skirt, revealing a belt practically made of small flintlock pistols and added the one she was holding to the mass.

[b]"It's fine, they're just outta iron,"[/b] she explained cheerfully [b]"I'll be able to reload them back on the boat."[/b]

She flashed Kress another grin as Issun came to sit with them carrying a handful of drinks in both hands before sitting down to introduce himself. Jericho turned her smile to him, waiting for Lark to finished his introduction before giving her own.

[b]"Y'can call me Jericho,"[/b] she said once her turn came [b]"I like guns and shootin' stuff with guns."[/b] And that was all the backstory she was willing to give on herself.

((Note to self, get Jericho some revolvers))

Maria went into the bar, after Wyn did. [color=#40e0d0]'I guess she doesn't want to talk about it...[/color]' She let out a sigh, as she watched the fight was once. [color=#40e0d0]'These people are so quick to kill.. Though, I won't be any better once we're out on sea..'[/color] Maria propped her feet on the table. [color=#008080]"So our little mascot has a name, eh? Issun.. Interesting name.. My name is Maria. My companion here is Sharn."[/color] She rubbed Sharn's head as she laid down a bowl of water for him. [color=#008080]"I'ma have to get you a collar before we leave.."[/color] Sharn tilted his had a little, wondering what a collar is. [color=#008080]"Also, no back story is gonna come from me. Simple as that. Lets just say I have a head start on you lot-" [/color][color=#40e0d0]'-even though it wasn't my fault..'[/color]

[color=#008000]"It's good to meet you, Lark, Jericho" [/color]Issun said to the two, then thought for a second, [color=#008000]"Well I guess since a bunch of you are telling back stories I might as well too. Basically, I was just a mischevous little child in my young days, and when I turned twenty, I bought a little sailboat and began a sort of a journey. See, I'm a treasure hunter, and a trader. I sail from isle to isle in search of treasure, and sell it off in another town, sometimes I just sell normal wares to, like craftworks from other traders of the sea" [/color]Issun explained, [color=#008000]"I did that for about eleven years, then I started to rest in this town for a while" [/color]Issun told the group, then turned to Maria, staring at her chest rather then her face, [color=#008000]"Well it's good to meet you Maria! And by the way! It only LOOKS like I'm starring at your melons!" [/color]Issun exclaimed happily.

Maria glared for a moment before she took a mug, chugged the beer within it and slam it down on Issun's head, instead of the table. Sharn, watching Maria hit Issun, instantly stood up and bit down on Issun's ankle, since it was eye level with him. Maria, who couldn't help but laugh at Sharn bitting his ankle, patted Sharn's head before telling him to let him go. [color=#008080]"It's okay boy.. The mug was enough punishment."[/color] Sharn let a growl at Issun before laying back down next to Maria. Maria then grabbed another mug, acting like nothing just happened, sipped on the beer this time. She should probably say something about her little outburst, but she didn't feel like it. After all, a little temper tantrum was expected with how her day has been.

Kress, bedazzled by all what was going on, made himself mental notes of each and everyone of them. If he had at least 1 amazing quality, it would be his memory...sometimes. [font=georgia,serif]'Okay, Lark is the beast guy who works for food...how sad...well; Rafa is half English Noble and half Spanish servant? Wow, that must be complex. Well Jericho is...Jericho. Maria is the one with the dog, named Sharn, and Issun is the...erm, shorter gentleman-"[/font] Suddenly Issun got smacked on the head with a mug. [font=georgia,serif]'-who just got pummelled! Okay then, who's next!' Kress thought to himself looking to his left, seeing no-one there. Then he gulped. 'Uh oh, I'm next. Okay, get out of my stomach butterflies, here goes nothing!'[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]"And I'm Kress O'Donnell! Son of a douchebag and a wonderful mother, I abandoned my home to venture the seas as a pirate after my heroes, but none more than Frederick McGraw!"[/font][i][font=georgia,serif] [/font]"Did you say McGraw?"[/i] an old codger overheard the young sprout's chant and walked over to him, hunchbacked with a walking stick. [i]"I remember McGraw, dodgy bastard. He's no hero lad. He's a menace, and if it's McGraw you're after, I know exactly where you're going, and you're wasting your breath. Me crew and I went after the same thing, no glory. It's a one way trip to failure."[/i] Kress, a little annoyed at the man dampening his spirits, said [font=georgia,serif]"I never said I followed him for who he was! He's just a badass Pirate! And as for his treasure, I'm sure you just never had a famous treasure hunter with you!"[/font] The old man seemed to be prepared for this. "[i]We had three, all of them died. The Citadel is no playground kid, especially fo-" [/i][font=georgia,serif]"Did you just call me a kid!" [/font]Kress said infuriated by the man, trying to kick his ass from his hot headed attitude being held back by some ruffians.

Maria let out a sigh. [color=#008080]"Kress.. Seriously.. You need to stop getting hotheaded because someone called you a kid.. That man is an... elderly folk of this community.. They tend to call everyone around our age kid.. Its just the way they are."[/color] She stood up and walked in front of Kress. She motioned for the elderly man to walk back to his seat and for the others to let him go. [color=#008080]"Now Kress.. Before you even think about going around to get to that elderly man, I'm going to hit you. Granted, it won't be with a mug like Issun over there, but you will be hit non-the-less. I'd like to enjoy some drinks without another fight erupting out. Now if ya kindly."[/color] She motioned towards Kress' seat.

Kress' red hot eyes then snapped to Maria. [font=georgia, serif]"Did-did you just call me a KID!?! ARGH!" [/font]Then she told him he was going to be hit, and immediately he calmed down like a scolded dog.[font=georgia, serif] "I'll be good." [/font]He said quickly as he lowered his head. [i]"Now then, how about ye let me finish?"[/i] The old codger said as he continued his little rant, Kress sneering at the old man.[i] "The Citadel has taken more lives than you'd think. In fact, many believe only those who bear Piracy in their blood can survive the Citadel." [/i]Kress was annoyed at this remark. [font=georgia, serif]"Okay, great, so basically saying I can never find out the thing my hero left?"[i] [/i][/font][i]"No, I said many believe that, I never said that it was true. But as I mentioned before, you can have ten men or ten thousand, that Citadel will likely reduce you to 0." [/i]Kress genuinely listened to the old man's warning and took a sip of his drink. [font=georgia, serif]"Okay then, thank's for the warning. Sorry about snapping at you." [/font]The old man then looked at Kress slyly and said [i]"Don't mention it...KID."[/i], Kress' eyes lighting up again, his teeth gritting against eachother.

[color=#0000FF]"Like he should listen to you..." [/color]Raphael said to the older man. [color=#0000FF]"I've heard a story like that too, but it doesn't mean that we're not willing to at least give it a try." [/color]He took his cup and shot the drink down and slammed his cup down. [color=#0000FF]"I happen to believe that our captain will get us there and we'll be all good. Grant it, I just met the guy a few minutes ago, but it doesn't matter. He's got a determination that is most great captains have...so you can tell us the ghost stories all day long...under Captain Kress' word, we're going."[/color]

She was about to thank Kress for listening but stopped to glare at the elderly man. [color=#40e0d0]'Okay, he deserves this.'[/color] With that mental comment, she knocked the walking cane out from under the man, causing him to fall. [color=#008080]"I'd treat ya gently if ya hadn't just insulted my captain. And don't protest, that was an insult.."[/color] As the elderly gentlemen reached for his cane, she kicked it a foot or two away. [color=#008080]"Your punishment isn't over yet."[/color] She glared down at him with cold eyes that caused a shiver to go down the old man's back before he crawled off for his cane. She then looked to Kress and smiled warmly, [color=#008080]"See? There are other ways of getting back at people other than with fisticuffs. But seriously, we need to work on that kid issue ya have.."[/color]

As Kress watched Maria beat up an old man with Rafael's support, though it wasn't physical, he smiled but warded off temptation to kick a man when he was down, letting the man scurry off. Then when Maria finished, Kress severley misinterperated it and his eyes snapped at Maria; he jumped right into her face.[font=georgia, serif] "DON'T CALL ME A KI-ooh!" [/font]All of a sudden a squirrel ran past the bar's door and with Kress' attentioned span (which is inferior to that of a squirrel, in fact insultingly inferior) he suddenly gave chase, his temper forgotten and his anger filled face happy as a larry[font=georgia, serif]."Come here little fella! Fuzzy tail 'n' all!"[/font] Oddly enough the squirrel led him to a shady character.[i] "You own this ship?" [/i]Kress was a little confused, but regardless he said [font=georgia, serif]"Well, sort of-" [/font][i]"Jus as I thought. It's McGraw's ship, the Mary Anne. I recognize that beauty a mile away. How'd you get your hands on it? They supposed to have died at sea."[/i] Kress looked at the man smugly and said [font=georgia, serif]"Well, you guessed wrong, now didn't you." [/font]as he waked onboard taking a block of wood and begiining to craft a little squirrel out of it.

Archived