Pirates Reborn! [IC/Started/Always Accepting]

Kyng's Old Account

[color=#0000FF]"Well, I'm pretty sure wherever this Citadel...I'm pretty sure its got a nice amount of treasure just waiting for us!" [/color]Rafael said with a smile, as Kress finished his little explanation on where they were going. [color=#0000FF][i]Maybe...the legendary ocarina is there too. But if not...might have to ask the captain about finding a lead on that treasure. Cause with that...things may get a lot better. [/i][/color]he thought looking at the blue sky above them and the gulls flying overhead. Today, yes, today was a perfect time for them to sail.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Issun had dozed off on the deck, because of sheer boredom, with nothing of any interest happening, until he realized they were about to set sail. Issun yawned and got up, [color=#008000]"So we're finally leaving? Good" [/color]Issun muttered, [color=#008000]"Well, I hope this journey doesn't take too long, I've been resting in the town for a while, and I haven't actually gotten any treasure for quite a long time. Infact, I was going to leave in only a few days to go find the legendary Emerald Beetle Shell, so if the captain hadn't stopped here when he did, you guys wouldn't have me, and you probably wouldn't survive very long without someone like me aboard" [/color]Issun told everyone, with a bit of a smirk.

[color=#008080]"THERE YOU ARE!"[/color] She grabbed Kress by the ear and dragged him up to the steering wheel. [color=#008080]"If you are to be the captain, you are to know how to sail a ship. I'm going to teach you how to sail a ship.. And every time you get sidetracked when I'm teaching you something, I'ma smack you upside the head. Now pay attention.."[/color] She pulled out a compass, finding true East. She started barking out orders to the crew (the NPC one.. Its gonna take more than a half a dozen people to sail a full ship. Lol) and before they knew it, the ship was sailing. As they sailed, Maria explained to Kress the name for each sail and how they drove the ship forward.

Minutes passed by and Port Corona was just a dot in the horizon. [color=#008080]"Alright.. You're probably overloaded with the sails so we're done with today's lesson.. I might teach ya some more later tonight.."[/color] She checked her compass again, making sure she was going East still. She frowned a little as she stared at the compass. It was a gift from her brother on her 13th birthday.

[spoiler=Flashback]Maria never really cared for a big celebration for her birthday so dinner was as it normally is. But for desert today, it was Maria's favorite; a brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge. Her brother, of course, had ignore Maria's wish to not get any presents and handed her a small box. [color=#8b4513]"Happy birthday, Maria!"[/color] he said with a cheerful smile. [color=#008080]"Brother, you know I don-"[/color] [color=#8b4513]"I know. But I'm your brother, I'm suppose to annoy you. Just open it."[/color] Maria glared at her smiling brother as she opened the box. It was a simple, old compass. She gasped as she took it out of the box and looked on the back. On the back, her brother had her name sketched into it. [color=#008080]"Oh brother..."[/color] she got slightly teary eyed as she hugged her brother...[/spoiler]
Maria let out a small sigh as she wiped away a forming tear. [color=#40e0d0]'I miss my brother...'[/color] Sharn whimpered a little as he rubbed his head against Maria's leg. She softly patted his head before concentrating back to steering the ship.

After his lesson, Kress' head was spinning. "Uhh...I'll never learn the sails, and I'll never be able to sail a ship!" Then a slightly depressed look came onto his face. "But that means, I'll never be a Captain, and thn I'll never live up to my...No!" He then punched the deck hard, his hand a little red, but this self directed speach overuled his sense of pain. "I will become a real Pirate! I will live up to my hero! And I'll even surpass him! I'll become the world's greatest Pirate ever!!!"

Then the pain of his hand caght up to him, and Kress' eyes teared as he ran up and down the poopdeck in agony. "OWOWOWOWOWOW!!" After quite a lot of running, he wore out his pain in the hand and sighed, running back up to the helm as he spotted Maria sailing the ship, Sharn seeming attentive. And if Kress could do anythin, he was good with animals, so he read Sharn like a book.

"Umm...Maria?" Kress walked up to the beautiful pirate, busy sailing the ship. "I was wondering...well, Sharn seems to think...no, he knows you aren't very happy. What's wrong?"

[color=#008080]"Hmm? Oh.. I'm fine.. I just miss my brother.. I haven't seen him in 3 years.."[/color] She cleared her throat, getting calm again. [color=#008080]"Alright.. As from what I know from sailing into Port Corona, there's no underwater hazards to worry about, so you can steer."[/color] She stepped the side so Kress can take the wheel. [color=#008080]"Steering is the easiest thing and the hardest thing of the whole ship.. When water is calm and clear, its easy.. When in unknown terrain, it can be hard because you might not be able to see any hazards at first. This wheel here steers....."[/color] she gave a quick explanation on how the boat is steered. [color=#008080]"So if ya wanna turn the boat towards starboard bow, right, turn the wheel to the right. Same thing is ya want to go port bow, left. Got it?"[/color]

Kress payed as much attention as he could, and surprisingly focussed on the task at hand. He was a little distracted by Maria's confession, but he got over that, and learned what he needed to in order to steer the ship. Taking a deep breath, and placing hands on the wheel, he gently turned the wheel starboard, and like clockwork, just as Maria said, they were finally making way.

"Alright! This is sweet!" Kress cheered as he took out his compas and looked at it, originally saying east but now it wanted Kress to go north. "Hmm..." Kress saw something, the path he wanted to follow to the Citadel, it glowed a bright yellow.

Kress was astounded by the glowing mark on the ocean, but no-one on the ship could see it. All the crew were busy doing their thing, and those who weren't still couldn't see this mysterious path in the ocean. Kress didn't mention this, but sad only " [i]"A path of shining..."[/i] Just like the book said..."

Maidowyn could see out of her make shift tent, she saw the light. She looked back at Kress who seemed greatly entriqued by it, "i guess that's where we are heading" she said to herself, she looked back down at her diary and started writing [i]Finally I think we are close to the Citadel, soon i'll find out what drove father crazy[/i] She looked up agian at the light. "Guess i should get to my post" she said jumping out of her tent and climbing the mast to the crow's nest on top. She thought she saw figures moving through the water next to the boat but she ignored it "Cap'in not long now 'ey?" she smiled, this time she saw movement in the water she looked down at the water and she could swear she could see mer-people at first it appeared that they were waving when looking more carefully she noticed they were mouthing "No!" "Don't go there!" "Stop and turn around!" She turned her head but didn't take her eyes of the Mer-people "Urm..Cap'in i have a bad feeling about this..." she said obviously worrying

Archived