[color=#FF0000]Drex, the fire nation[/color]
[color=#40BF00]Macadia, the earth nation[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]Epsilon, the air nation[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]Dridia, the ice nation[/color]
[color=#FFFF00]Fractus, the thunder nation[/color]
[color=#FF8000]Calumon, the dragonfire nation[/color]
In this saga you will take part in reclaiming a broken empire,
Fighting to free yourself from the shadows,
And uniting one world against a force on the verge of destroying it.
Choose your side and fight to the ends of the earth!

[color=#FF0000][u]Trilogy I: The Battle For Calumon[/u][/color]
Theme Song: Hear Me Now by Hollywood Undead

[b]Book I: Burning Out[/b]
Theme Song: Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria
Traitors have infiltrated Calumon's military and plot to overthrow the empire.
It's up to the Freedom Fighters to stop them.

[b]Book II: War Makers[/b]
Theme Song: Burning in the Skies by Linkin Park
The war rages on, but the country blames the Freedom Fighters for their casualties.
Now they must save a nation that does not want to be saved.

[b]Book III: New Order[/b]
Theme Song: New Divide by Linkin Park
The Freedom Fighters are losing, and the death toll is enourmous.
With allies from other nations, the Freedom Fighters give it their all in a final battle.

[color=#FFD700][u]Trilogy II: The Battle for Good[/u][/color]
Theme Song: Hero by Skillet

[b]Book IV: United Apart[/b]
Theme Song: Live Free or Let Me Die by Skillet
A parasite crashes into the earth that has the power to potentially control all of humanity.
The nations send their greatest elemental warriors to destroy it.

[b]Book V: One Shadow[/b]
Theme Song: Monster by Skillet
The parasite is destroyed, but it ripped away the evil in one of the warriors.
Now one man must fight his own hatred to prevent the genocide of an entire race.

[b]Book VI: Saving Evil[/b]
Theme Song: Tourniquet by Evanescence
The parasite survived, living off one of the warriors, and has taken control.
The remaining warriors must stop the parasite before it destroys its host along with everyone else.

[color=#00FF00][u]--Odyssey--[/u][/color]

[b]Book VII: Dying Earth[/b]
Theme Song: Comatose by Skillet
There are but a few warriors left, and now a new problem arises.
The planets resources are disappearing, and they must find a way to keep the planet from devouring itself.

[color=#0000FF][u]Trilogy III: The Battle for Humanity[/u][/color]
Theme Song: The Catalyst by Linkin Park

[b]Book VIII: Crystal Darkness[/b]
Theme Song: Falling in the Black by Skillet
The warriors discover an Arcanian, the last remaining creator of the planet.
He tells them of an evil coming to claim their world, and they must find the 9 scepters that can destory it.

[b]Book IX: Forgotten Hope[/b]
Theme Song: Awake and Alive by Skillet
The search concludes as the final scepters are found, but the warriors arent done.
They must find a weapon deep in the catacombs that uses the scepters power to destroy the evil beings.

[b]Book X: Facing Fear[/b]
Theme Song: My Last Breath by Evanescence
The main armada has been destroyed by the weapon.
Now the warriors take one final stand to save their home.

[i]One day[/i]
[i]In the far future[/i]
[i]Our children's children[/i]
[i]Will look in their history books[/i]
[i]And they will see what we did for them.[/i]
[i]This is our Legacy.[/i][/spoiler]
[spoiler= Current Characters]
[spoiler= Good]
Lazarus Rosenthal
Alistair Horne
Skye
Jaquis Arby
Wispy[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Evil]
Caunardhon Herenyonnen
Fenix[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Far away in the universe, there is an unfinished planet named Sancta. It is so-called by its creators, the Arcanians, because it is the sanctuary for their lives' work. The plants, the animals, water and light, even the Arcanians' advanced technology, most of which has disappeared over the years. All of the elements that make a planet whole. But the Arcanians were forced to leave their unfinished work, fleeing from their eternal nemeses, the Necromites, a dark and sinister race bent on eradicating the Arcanians, who seek to bring the universe to light, while the Necromites want to thrust it into the shadows. On the outside, and from far away, the planet does look whole. It has landmass. It has oceans. There are no missing chunks. But look closer, and see nations of people fighting for land. Borders are constantly moving, people are dying, and order is but a myth. Look even closer, and see the things that hold the planet together. Special crystals separated into 9 different kinds, each with a specific purpose in containing the planet. These stones are being used by humans, and they are depleting the resources faster than they can recover. In time, Sancta would shatter into pieces. In time, Sancta will go under many trials before it emerges as a planet that has earned its right to exist.

For now, though, back up, and take a look at the nation humans have named Calumon. It is known as the Dragonfire nation, because it thrives with dragons of all shapes and sizes and colors and powers, and the magic-bearing aura they have engulfs the entire land, endowing special people with amazing magical powers. This nation is, in the most politically correct term, an empire, ruled by an emperor. Its military is known as the Order of Calumon, and it has three branches: the Guard, the Mages, and the Dragonriders. Each have a member on the nation's High Council.

[u][b]The Order's Ranks[/b][/u]
[spoiler= Dragonrider]
[color=#FF0000][u]Dragonrider:[/u][/color]
-------
1. Rider (power limit- 4 specific powers)
2. Charger (power limit- 5 specific powers)
3. Skynaut (power limit- 6 specific powers)
4. Marauder (power limit- 7 specific powers)
5. Knight (power limit- 8 specific powers)
6. Archknight (power limit- 9 specific powers)
7. Arcane (power limit- 10 specific powers)

[u]Skills:[/u]
1. Dragonriding
2. Swordfighting
3. Aerial Combat
4. Spellcasting
5. Hand-to-Hand Combat[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Mage]
[color=#0040FF][u]Mage:[/u][/color]
-------
1. Caster (power limit- 8 specific powers)
2. Breaker (power limit- 10 specific powers)
3. Mystic (power limit- 12 specific powers)
4. Archer (power limit- 14 specific powers)
5. Mage (power limit- 16 specific powers)
6. Archmage (power limit- 18 specific powers)
7. Scion (power limit- 20 specific powers)

1. Spellcasting
2. Spellbreaking
3. Summoning
4. Archery
5. Healing[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Guard]
[color=#00FF00][u]Guard:[/u][/color]
-------
1. Guard
2. Fighter
3. Adept
4. Lancer
5. Paladin (power limit- 1 specific power)
6. Archpaladin (power limit- 2 specific powers)
7. Crusader (power limit- 3 specific powers)

1. Swordfighting
2. Lancing
3. Horseriding
4. Military Tactics
5. Shielding[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Elder Ranks]
[u][b]Elder Ranks:[/b][/u]
-------
[color=#FF0000]Dragon Elder[/color]
[color=#0040FF]High Mage[/color]
[color=#00FF00]Crusade Commander[/color][/spoiler]

[b][u]The Guard[/u][/b]
The Guard is the standard military. The sword and shield, if you will. They are also equipped so, as they are Calumon's representation of order and power. The Guard is the largest branch of the military, with hundreds upon hundreds of members. Their colors are green and silver, and their armor varies in size and shape depending on rank. Only the top three Guard ranks are capable of using magic. Retired Guard members receive an honorary white suit of armor and greatsword with gold and blue trim that they display in their homes.

[b][u]Mages[/u][/b]
The Mages specialize in magic, and are divided into three sub-divisions: Healers, Reinforcements, and Archers. Healers are the Order's emergency medical service. They tend to the injured warriors of each branch. Their colors are blue and bronze. Reinforcements assist the other branches in battle by casting devastating spells on the enemy to give them the upper hand. Their colors are blue and silver. The archers are part of the Order's defense. They scout, hide out in trees, and are experts at long-range weaponry. Their colors are blue and gold. Each sub-division has robes and armor specified to fit each mage. Retired mages receive white robes with gold and blue trim and white staffs with a large sapphire in the top, and often become sages to mentor younger mages.

[b][u]Dragonriders[/u][/b]
The Dragonriders are the Order's special forces. They combine each branches skills into each rider, who receive their own dragon, sword, and spellbook. The dragonriders see a majority of the Order's action, as they have been sent out to deal with armadas trying to take their land. The dragonriders are the most powerful of the branches. They typically wear only some armor over clothes and under longcoats of red and gold. The dragonriders take pride in individuality, so, despite a strict code of conduct, dragonriders personalize their outfits with various gear like bandanas, scarves, goggles, gloves, etc. They still hold the same red and gold longcoats to represent power, leadership, order, and numbers, which is what uniforms represent anyway. Retired Dragonriders receive white longcoats with gold and blue trim, and special swords with the same color scheme made specifically for their fighting skills.

[u][b]Dragons[/b][/u]
Dragons are a noble breed, and so they would normally refuse to let humans saddle them and ride on their backs. But the emperor himself spoke with one of the dragons on [i]their[/i] High Council, and they agreed to work together to protect their land as long as humans do not expand into dragon-populated areas, and vice-versa. The dragons were even given a spot on the humans' High Council. Dragons are specially trained to wear large amounts of armor and still be faster than most non-militarized dragons.

[b][u]The High Council[/u][/b]
The High Council is what connects the individual branches of military together along with political leaders and even the emperor himself. That way nothing goes without consent and no one can stab the others in the back.

[b][u]Economy[/u][/b]
The high-class citizens are few and wealthy and often have ties with the emperor. The middle-class citizens are many and consist of the working class, butchers, bakers, etc. the low-class are the poor and homeless, which usually die off.

[b][u]Technology[/u][/b]
This is not just some middle-earth place with swords and magic. There is technology. Advanced, but almost lost. a reclusive few study these artifacts and try to figure out how to use them. This ancient Arcanian technology is the most powerful and recognized piece of history, as well as the structures the Arcanians have built millennia ago that still stand today, although they are now lost in forests, covered in trees and vines.

[b][u]Creatures[/u][/b]
You name it, this planet has it walking around somewhere.

[b][u]The Story[/u][/b]
Anarchists infiltrate the Order to gain influence among high ranking members and convince them to overthrow the empire, for reasons currently unknown. The citizens on the outside remain unaware while the entire Order splits in two: those who are for overthrowing the emperor, and those who are against it. Those for the overthrow consist mostly of the Guard, few mages and few dragonriders. The rest abandon the Order to form the Freedom Fighters, while the "New Order", they call themselves, plot to overthrow the emperor. They first plan to influence the citizens of Calumon in their favor. Then they will kill the emperor and replace him with a new one. The Freedom Fighters know nothing about this, but they send out scouts to find out while they recruit from the outside, even from other nations, to plan for the Battle for Calumon.

[spoiler= Character Outline]
PICTURES HELP WITH APPEARANCE!
Side: (good or evil. yes you can choose)
Name:
Species:
Homeland: (see promo for nation list)
Occupation/Rank: (if necessary)
Weapons:
Powers:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Items:
---------------
Dragon Outline: (if necessary)
Name:
Species:
Occupation/Rank: (if necessary)
Powers: (limit 5 specific powers. fire-breathing and flying are not considered when listing powers)
Appearance: (color, height (erect), length (head to tail), claws, fangs, horns, wingspan (single and full), even eye color)
Armor:
Personality:
Bio:
[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Rules]
1. No limit on number of characters per RP-er.
2. PM me with characters and creatures. I will moderate them accordingly to "make the shoe fit," as it were.
3. This is a series. You must be dedicated to the RP. Later characters have to be more dedicated because they last longer.
4. NO OP-ING!
5. Powers given must be made according to homeland.
6. Number of specific powers are listed in Ranks and Character Outline.
7. Non-dedicated RP-ers will simply be deleted from the RP as if they never existed, or replaced, and the RP will continue.
8. Post AT LEAST once a week. PM me if complications arise from which you cannot post.
9. The Arcanians' advanced technology (like what WE consider advanced) is somewhat scarce. This is middle-earth, so keep it time appropriate when considering attire and weaponry.
10. Post dialogue with quotation marks. YCM rules for RP post length apply.
11. Use proper grammar and check for spelling errors.
12. Actually, all YCM RP rules apply here.
13. Post fight sequences with EXTREME detail. It gives a sense of fighting style and personality.
14. Swear sparingly.
15. SOME WILL DIE. SOME WILL RETURN. If your character(s) die(s) in an RP, you may reapply for a different character in the next RP.
16. I want you to have fun doing this RP. I have theme songs for each story to give a theme, so try to follow that.[/spoiler]

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reserve an evil dragonrider..

hm// and since you say basically the wolrd has everything in terms of races/species would it be possible for a sentient/humanoid race (given an appropriate bio why) to have been a member of the Dragonfire nation army? [if so what would be the max. rank i could have him as?.. ^^'] (jw.. if not i'll just make him human ^^')

like a Dark elf (human shape-ish, usually thinner in comparison, longer life span/grow slower, similar to elves in mental capacity, slight grey-ish skin pigmentation) or a Night elf (similar features to dark elf, purple skin pigmentation, prefer the night to daytime) [going mainly off tolkien and WCIII.. tolkien's representation of dark elves as (the silvan elves i think it is?.. the ones that didnt take the journey) is probably one of few or if not the only that doesn't portray them as a whole race to be inherintly evil, and well WCIII Night Elves seem similar to most representations i've seen of them..]

lol well dark elf and night elf are completely different despite being subspecies xD

(oh and since we have elemental beings and all that would it be possible to reserve a elemental or something similar being not allied with either force but more along neutral/will attack those who confront it?..)

anyway you didn't answer about our starting ranks..?(/my starting rank max.?)

yeah sorry.

and you can choose what rank to start. you just need certified by me if it's high ranking. y'know, make it's powers appropriate for the rank. there will be few to no ranking-up's in this series. only getting more powerful. ranks are dissolved at the end of book 4. you dont rank up, you just get more badass.

i added retirement to the Order branches' descriptions, for high-ranking officers that leave and decide to come back to fight the New Order (because i am one of them. lulz).

power limits added to ranks

elemental beings are creatures of near pure element. there are 9 elements and 9 countries for each element (see promo). they are typically large humanoids. say you had an ice elemental. it would be a giant creature made entirely of ice. a light elemental would be all light with some physical armor that holds it together, since it is not a tangible substance. a water elemental does not need armor but it only thrives in water. get it?

i edited the character outline again.
and im not sure by what you mean when say what of it.

Side: Good
Name: Lazarus Rosenthal
Species: Human
Homeland: Calumon
Occupation/Rank: Dragonrider/Arcane (retired), Freelancer
Weapons: white-handled Rapier with gold hilt and sapphire in the bottom, and Order-standard Swiss Escutcheon-type (retiree) shield with gold dragon symbol and gold and blue trim with embedded sapphires
Appearance: [url="http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/sadxz/?action=view&current=silver_dragon_by_Ckathexis.jpg&mediafilter=images"]http://s278.photobuc...iafilter=images[/url]
-Height: 6’1”
-Weight: 170 lbs
-Build: athletic
Personality: Funny and cheery, he always knows how to make people laugh. He's loyal and trustworthy, but he has a short temper and will not hesitate to hit you in the face if you piss him off. When he fights, he is only half-focused, and that's usually enough for a man of his power. When he needs to, though, he will put all of his attention into fighting, often forgetting other people around him. He prefers the rapier as a weapon because he is quick and agile and likes the maneuverability of a rapier, and it suits him well.
[spoiler= Powers]
--Restraining Light (standard): sends ropes of magic out and constricts enemy. most commonly used for Dragonrider's harness
--Dragon's Bane: sword becomes searing hot. when stabbed into an enemy, it causes blood to burst forth from that area
--Ryu Arashi: creates a huge burst of flame with a massive blast radius
--Phoenix Burst Flare: A large blast of aimed fire like a beam
--Hellfire's Ring Bearer: sends out shockwaves in the ground that send up rings of white-hot fire
--Pyro's Deathtrap: raises a huge wall of fire many feet thick and can surround a group of enemies and slowly incinerate them
--Slashing Fury: quick attack that sends cutting waves of energy from swinging sword
--Infinity Barrier: shield emits a temporary field that block all attacks
--Concussion Shield: physical attacks that come in contact with the shield are blown back violently
--Eternal Raging Firestorm: creates a surrounding field of fire that shoots all around in huge flares and causes massive damage. burns energy fast[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Bio]Ever since he was inducted into the academy he was top of his class, despite humble beginnings. Homeless, parentless, at the age of 7, he spent 6 years on the streets, dodging law enforcement and living off scraps for the first months. Then he got better at stealing. He was able to steal large chunks of meat unnoticed. Then as he got older and bigger he got more noticeable, but with his size came his strength, and he was able to defend himself from anyone that happened to catch him. On the day of his thirteenth birthday, though, he discovered he had a unique gift. He was trapped in an alley on both sides by guards from the Order. He had stolen a rather large chunk of lamb meat and they had every intention of getting it back. The alley was very narrow so there was no ducking out of it. They had huge swords and lances. When they closed in on him, he realized they were a lot taller and clearly stronger than he was. And half-armored. He had no options left, so he mustered up all his strength and threw the first punch at the nearest guard. When his fist came in contact with the armor, he saw a spark from his hand then a huge flash of light emit from it. The next thing he saw was the guard flying backwards a good 20 feet, arcs of blue lightning in the gap between them. The other guards stopped dead in their tracks and backed away at least 5 paces before looking over at the guard he hit. They talked amongst themselves for a moment as Lazarus backed away slowly. Before he could run, one of them looked up and told him they forgave him for stealing, and offered him a chance to join the Order. He was cautious at first, but they brought him to the High Council and told them of the incident. The council talked amongst themselves for a moment. They told him how impressed they were and offered him a spot in the Dragonrider Academy. They said he had the brains and brawn of a promising rider, even though he was thirteen years old. They also told him the bolt of lightning he conjured was the work of dragon magic, and so he had a connection with the dragons in some way. He accepted, and immediately was thrown into training. Learning how to master the powers he had was difficult enough without the physical exhaustion of every ounce of will to ride the trainer dragons. Bobbing, weaving, swerving, ducking, rapid altitude climb, all while having to hang on the whole time. But he caught on fast. Soon he was making the dragons do tricks. And the instructors too once he got down the magic stuff. After that he flew up the ranks as fast as the dragons did the air. One year after he joined, he received his dragon. The dragon he would ride with as long as he lived and served in the Order. It was a silver dragon. They told him he doesn’t get to name it. It would tell him what its name was. And it did. It was a male dragon. He could tell because the voice in his head that came from the dragon was male, and he told him his name was Sandaro. They rode every day after that. In 4 years Lazarus accomplished what no one his age has ever accomplished, the rank of Dragon Arcane. At 18, he was the youngest arcane in history. Throughout his remaining years at the academy and in working on the force, weapons given to him consisted of a sword and shield. He longed for freedom again, and that seemed possible now more than ever. So he retired from the Order to become a Freelancer. Upon retirement, he was given a white/gold/blue color-themed set, consisting of a longcoat, boots, gauntlets, a rapier, a Swiss-escutcheon shield, and a spellbook. For the next two years Lazarus trained on his own and with Sandaro. They had an indescribable amount of fun setting records for themselves. He’s one of the most powerful dragons Lazarus ever met. Now, at 20, he travels the world once again, looking for the next adventure, the next bad guy to dice up with swords or roast up with fire. When he heard the Order was planning to overthrow his homeland’s dynasty, he immediately returned to find that nothing had happened yet, but found out about the Freedom Fighters and decided to would join them as a commander. They are waiting patiently and planning their defenses against this “New Order.”[/spoiler]
Items: [i]Draco Magicae [/i]Retiree's Spellbook (white leather-bound hardcover, gold buckles on corners, blue dragon-shaped sapphire in center, title in gold on spine)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Sandaro (san-DAH-roh)
Species: Dragon
Occupation/Rank: Order Dragon/Arcane (retired)
Appearance: [url="http://sp3.fotologs.net/photo/19/51/42/charpy/1212589680_f.jpg"]http://sp3.fotologs....212589680_f.jpg[/url]
Height: 10 ft
Length: 20 ft
Wingspan:
--Single: 12 ft
--Full: 30 ft
Claws: 5 on front and rear legs
Horns/Spikes: two on head, 4 on tail arranged in a square
Fangs: top and bottom rows of 30 fangs
Eye Color: Ash Black
Armor: none (retired)
Personality: Noble, like all dragons, and proud of his rider, Lazarus. He sees them as brothers. Sandaro is quick-thinking and logical, but often argues with Lazarus, or anyone else for that matter, just to prove he's right. He's also quick and agile like Lazarus, one of the fastest dragons in the Order.
[spoiler= Powers]
--Steel Incarnate: can harden scales for impenetrability
--Fire Wing Blade: wings turn into fire and sweep across enemies
--Crimson Roar: roar causes earth to crack and split open. so loud it can cause hemorrhaging if aimed at enemies
--Spirit Displacement: spirit can leave body and control anything it wishes. body is left vulnerable, though
--Spark Breath: turns fire breathing into huge continuous lightning bolts[/spoiler]

Archived