They say Arcana Forces are bad.

DARKPLANT RISING

Arcana Forces suck. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. But hey, of the Arcanas, many aren't released yet. So I decided I should make them.

Arcana Force II: The High Priestess
LIGHT Fairy
Level 2 Tuner
1200/1200
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: Select 1 "Arcana Force" monster in your Deck and add it to your hand. ● Tails: Return this card to your hand.

Arcana Force V: The Hierophant
LIGHT Fairy
Level 3
1500/1500
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: Draw 1 card for each “Arcana Force” monster you control. ● Tails: Discard 1 card.

Arcana Force IX: The Hermit
LIGHT Fairy
Level 4
1900/1900
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: When an “Arcana Force” monster battles, during the Damage Step: Destroy the other battling monster before damage calculation. ● Tails: When this card battles, during the Damage Step: Destroy it before damage calculation.

Arcana Force XI: Justice
LIGHT Fairy
Level 5
2100/2100
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. If you control an “Arcana Force” monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: Increase the ATK of this card by 500. ● Tails: Decrease the ATK of this card by 300.

Arcana Force XVI: The Tower
LIGHT Fairy
Level 7
2600/2600
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Banish 1 “Arcana Force” monster you control to: Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: Once per turn: Destroy 1 card on the field. ● Tails: When this card is destroyed by a card effect: Destroy 1 card on the field.

Arcana Force XVII: The Star
LIGHT Fairy
Level 8
2700/2700
This card can be Tribute Summoned in face-up Attack Position by: Tributing 1 “Arcana Force” monster. When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: Once per turn: Banish 1 “Arcana Force” monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 “Arcana Force” monster from your Graveyard. ● Tails: During each of your End Phases: Banish 1 “Arcana Force” monster from your Graveyard.

Arcana Force XIX: The Sun
LIGHT Fairy
2900/2900
This card can be Tribute Summoned in face-up Attack Position by: Tributing 1 “Arcana Force” monster. When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: Destroy all monsters on the field, except face-up “Arcana Force” monsters. ● Tails: Destroy 1 card you control.

Arcana Force XX: Judgment
LIGHT Fairy
3000/3000
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned when: There are 3 or more “Arcana Force” monsters in your Graveyard (from your hand). When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: Destroy all Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls. ● Tails: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls.

Arcane Lightning
Quick-Play Spell
Tribute 1 “Arcana Force” monster you control. Destroy 2 card on the field.

Destruction of Fortune
Normal Trap
Activate when: An "Arcana Force" monster is Summoned. Destroy 1 card on the field.

Yeah.

Trying to play Arcana Force on WC11. It's not going well :(

Like these. Especially Hermit and Judgement. Personally don't think Tower and Sun's tails effects are... bad enough for tails effects given they are fairly easy to get out, but no worries. Justice is a bit meh, powerful don't get me wrong just dull, but given its just going to set up Ancient Wyvern/Black Rose Dragon with High Priestess (another very likeable card) then it doesn't matter.

Nice cards overall.

No, that's an opinion to any hobbyist. They might not be good but they don't suck.

That being said, a lot of these look very modified (remember running them in DMG as a pure deck and none of them were this good). And I'm very skeptical about how true they are to their Tarot card roots. That aside, I still like them. S/T feels lackluster and boring however (though to keep with the tarot thing of destiny and stuff I'd make them to appear more like the Future Sight attack in Pokemon if you get me).

I used to play Pokemon, but it's in Japanese, so I dun know Future Sight.

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1317024450' post='5541622']I'm very skeptical about how true they are to their Tarot card roots[/quote]

Well, I sorta made them randomly, so yeah, I'll try working on that.

Thanks.

EDIT: Much to my surprise, after research, most of the stuff that came out matched the card effects. The Sun and Judgment more revolved around creation, while the effects I made for them were rather destructive, but hey, the only real "creation" effect I can think up that can be used in this meta is drawing, and too much draws seemed a bit too broke, so I left it as it is.

Well, the point here is about making Arcana Forces competitive level, so yeah, of course they'd be modified.

[quote name='Reina Soho' timestamp='1317044116' post='5541808']

You mean you couldn't come up with good ideas for them.
[/quote]

I was lazy, so I used the Japanese Yugioh Wikia to search up the Arcanas. They said these two belonged in the two slots, so I thought it was fine. The OCG Wikia is a billion times more reliable than the suckish TCG version.

If you want me to make them, I will, but not right now. Gotta sleep.

Archived