Why do I keep drawing this when I need it [Dark Armed Dragon]

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1317191513' post='5545381']
Also, Konami has no idea how to make a ban list, case in point BLS is at 1 atm.
[/quote]
Why does everyone assume this?

Just because they put BLS at 1 doesn't make it a bad banlist. In fact, Konami make good banlists, you don't see anything else completely ruining the meta due to its banlist position, and if it does it's changed in the next one. BLS was originally assumed by a large number of people to be a fine addition to the meta, unfortunately they were wrong, and Konami will almost undoubtedly ban it again, come March. Konami can recognise a good or bad card, and they know how to make a banlist. 1 trouble-card does not nullify that fact.

If Konami had no idea how to make a banlist sams would still be best.dek and Librarian would still be netting massive amounts of damage.

And tbh, I've seen people lose duels because they were hoping to topdeck BLS, didn't, and couldn't do anything about their situation because of it. With the only search card it has is Gold Sarc, it's just as lucksacky as Judgment Dragon, which is @3 right now.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1317224834' post='5545705']
The fact that it's one card in a deck and can't be searched doesn't change the fact that it's broken.
[/quote]
Which, as I said, will lead to its banning in the next list. It's not like they can mass test something without using players like us as test subjects.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1317224834' post='5545705']
The fact that it's one card in a deck and can't be searched doesn't change the fact that it's broken.
[/quote]
Yes it does.

1/40, that you have to lucksack.

It needs to be @0, but it's barely had impact beyond one more boss monster.

The game is as broke as the card

[quote name='Tristan T. Taylor' timestamp='1317224258' post='5545698']
Why does everyone assume this?

Just because they put BLS at 1 doesn't make it a bad banlist. In fact, Konami make good banlists, you don't see anything else completely ruining the meta due to its banlist position, and if it does it's changed in the next one. BLS was originally assumed by a large number of people to be a fine addition to the meta, unfortunately they were wrong, and Konami will almost undoubtedly ban it again, come March. Konami can recognise a good or bad card, and they know how to make a banlist. 1 trouble-card does not nullify that fact.
[/quote]
If Konami made good banlists, or good card design, the game would have degenerated into a mass OTKs and the ability to close out the game in the first 5 turns. That simply isn't a good meta game to have. If they really knew what cards were bad, they simply wouldn't print them since they should you know, play test them.

And no one I've talked to has thought BLS return was good. It was just Konami using it as a chance to sell more Gold Series (or what ever pack he was rereleased in). And I can go on and on about how screwed up the ban list is, but since your clearly basing your opinion on the current meta and the broken state it is in you can't see the true problems it has that amount to a lot of card needing to get banned. But again, this is a very different subject and one that doesn't belong in this thread.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1317219585' post='5545622']
Allure got the emergency bahammer
[/quote]
No, it was simply moved to 2. Then moved back to 3 since Japan still hadn't gotten it yet. Yea, the TCG and OCG have different metas so why they STILL share a ban list is beyond me.

Dimension Fusion was the card that got banned. As well as Return from a Different Dimension being moved to 1.

[quote name='Miror B.' timestamp='1317225066' post='5545709']
Yes, but a card can be broken yet not bannable. Take Rekindling for example, instant +4 yet it hasn't even been hit yet.

Yes lucksacking BLS can get you the win, but the same can be said for DAD here, Hyperion, Judgment Dragon, Archlord Krystia. The game's full of lucksack these days, and it probably always will be.
[/quote]
Um......no. If a card is broken is has a degenerate effect on the meta and should be removed. The reason they aren't "bannable" to you is because you are looking at it based on the current meta made of nothing but broken cards. In this state you need to dig deep if you want to see the problems going on.

Also, you don't want people winning because they mized.

[quote name='Tristan T. Taylor' timestamp='1317225092' post='5545711']
Which, as I said, will lead to its banning in the next list. It's not like they can mass test something without using players like us as test subjects.
[/quote]
Yes they can. The guys that make MTG do it all the time. Really, it isn't hard to get like 10 guys to test the format when they release new sets and change the banlist. If they did many of the cards we have today would be nerfed or never would have seen print.

What am I supposed to base my ideas on? The meta of 2006? I'm sorry, but we kinda have to base stuff on the current meta. And really my biggest point is this: If you're going to ban a card because it's sacky, ban all sacky cards. So if we ban BLS on the sole reason of it being sacky, DAD needs to go, JD needs to go, etc etc.

[quote name='Miror B.' timestamp='1317225945' post='5545730']
What am I supposed to base my ideas on? The meta of 2006? I'm sorry, but we kinda have to base stuff on the current meta. And really my biggest point is this: If you're going to ban a card because it's sacky, ban all sacky cards. So if we ban BLS on the sole reason of it being sacky, DAD needs to go, JD needs to go, etc etc.
[/quote]
And you win. All those cards need to get banned. Same with Stardust, that SS Synchro, Brionac, Liberian, Gyzarus, and a host of other cards.

This all points to how you should base your ideas for list positions, off the cards themselves, not the meta surrounding them. Again, the meta is so problematic something like DAD is only a blip on people radar when it is stupidly over powered. If you base what cards need to go on the current meta you only see the most obvious problems and not the ones that lie underneath.

[quote name='Tristan T. Taylor' timestamp='1317226199' post='5545738']
Bloody MTG fans and their adoration of a slow meta.

Yugioh's meant to be fast. I wouldn't play anymore if it took forever to play.
[/quote]
MTG can have games end just as fast as yugioh, so yea. And I'm not saying it should last 20 turns, but the simply fact is being able to close out a game by turn 5 is much to fast for my tastes. 10 turns create a much more interesting game experience since at least then you have a lot more back and forth.

And yugioh could never be as dragged out as MTG, cause as you said, Yugioh at its core is simply a faster game since turn two can have you swinging for 1/4 your opponents life with just a normal monster.

[quote name='Tristan T. Taylor' timestamp='1317226199' post='5545738']
Bloody MTG fans and their adoration of a slow meta.

Yugioh's meant to be fast. I wouldn't play anymore if it took forever to play.
[/quote]

Slow games are meant to be more enjoyable.

Well, at least that's how I see it.

But I enjoy both this and MtG.

Archived