Maigo Keishi: A New Era (IC/Always Accepting/PG-16)

Elƒie

Oh [i]goodness[/i][i] [/i]these people whispered so [i]loudly[/i].

Thraci's ears had long been honed thanks to years of monitoring and enjoying the near-silence of libraries. As such, she could hear practically every word that passed among her new compatriots. What she heard shocked her almost as much as the rude alien.

The king of demons! Last she'd known, an unpleasant fellow called Keiz with some kind of vendetta against science had been sitting on top. Then again, she didn't exactly keep up with the news; she tended to travel from one backwater, rural community to the next and nowhere else. For all she knew, Keiz hadn't been in office for the last year. But here was some new kid, claiming to be the King of the Demon Kingdom -- and dragon-man and scythe-boy were taking him seriously! The pretty one hugged him, and scythe-[i]girl [/i]got jealous. Another girl talked with the "king" and said that she'd impregnated herself, which Thraci knew for a fact was biologically impossible, but the "king" took her seriously and announced that everyone was going to go fight the True Demons. If Thraci recalled correctly, those were the black, fiery creatures, a race comprising the thing the alien crushed.

Thraci wondered vaguely if she hadn't wandered into an insane asylum. Then she remembered the alien and realized that she'd probably been dragged there by force.

Thraci took another sip of tea and put her head down on the table. So the parchment had finally gotten to her, eh? This was going to be a long day.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Akarui calmed down a little, then transmitting his thoughts to Alliaster only [color=#ff0000]"Fine, I shall tolerate him, but if he dares insult my race once more, do not be surprised if he does not have a head."[/color] Akarui concluded, then withdrew from the mental link he had from everyone. Obviously irritated, Akarui gave another threatening glance to his ally, who he also considered an enemy to his race. Transmitting his thoughts to him and him only [color=#ff0000]"If you insult my race once more, I shall not give any more mercy."[/color] then he withdrew once more from the link, the words in those thoughts sounding deathly serious, with that, Akarui took off to an unknown destination.

[color=#4b0082]"Well, normally I wouldn't,"[/color][color=#000000] Noah stated bluntly, [/color][color=#4b0082]"But with the possibly of Armageddon going around... I [i]gotta[/i] fight. The child might be in danger no matter what way I look at it. Plus that one extra fighter could make the difference. You never know."[/color]

[color=#000000]Noah already lost the love of her life, she wasn't going to let the possibility of putting her child(ren) in danger stop her from fighting this thing, regardless of what exactly she was getting herself into. But then she had a memory of Keiz.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Listen, a little about Keiz..."[/color][color=#000000] she added, [/color][color=#4b0082]"He [i]knew[/i] I was an hermaphrodite, but he saw past that; he saw that I had true beauty. That's why I fell in love with him, and well... one thing lead to another and... it all went downhill from there. But... I was wondering. Alliaster? Do you... consider me... beautiful, despite the flaws I might have with my physical body?"[/color]

Alliaster frowned as Akarui took off. [color=#008080]"Don't go too far! We're about to head out!"[/color] He let out a sigh as Akarui disappeared from view. He then turned back to the group. [color=#008080]"I hope you have everything, because we're heading out.. The longer we wait, the more lives are in danger.."[/color] He turned to the east and started walking. He looked to his left as Noah caught up with him and started talking. [color=#008080]"True.. And with that rifle of yours, you can hang in the back, away from the main fighting and take out enemies from a distance.."[/color] He then looked up in thought as Noah told him about Keiz. [color=#008080]"Noah.. I'm sorry for yours and your child's loss.. If there was any other way, I wouldn't have killed him.. But.."[/color] He frowned a little as he looked down, [color=#008080]"But it was either me or him.. Or rather.. Him and countless others.. You see.. After things were... said and down.. I found some plans Keiz made.. Apparently, he wasn't content with ruling just the Demon kingdom.. He wanted to rule everything.. If I hadn't have come along.. He would have started invasions about.. 7 months ago.."[/color] He looked back at Luna for a moment, [color=#40e0d0]'I'm no better than her.. I've took away someone's heart and a child's father.. If anyone should die protecting, its me..'[/color] He then looked to Noah.[color=#008080] "Do I think you're beautiful? Depends on the perspective.. If I look at you as if you were a man.. Well, you've really missed that mark,"[/color] he chuckled a little, nudging Noah, showing her that he was just kidding. [color=#008080]"Joking aside.. You're a beautiful woman.. You'll find another man that accepts you as you are. And when you do, he'll be lucky to have you."[/color] He smiled to Noah, trying to comfort her.

Magus simply rolled his eyes at the dragons threats, [i]'Your threats are empty' [/i]Magus thought as the dragon took off, [i]'In the long-run, we'll have to not kill each other until the very end anyway, and as soon as that happens, I'll be able to complete my goal contently anyway, and after that, it won't matter if he tries to kill me, if he can even attempt to before I ditch them' [/i]Magus continued in his mind. Magus had been slightly listening in on the Demon prince and the Hermaphrodite's conversation, nothing even remotely interesting came up the entire time, however. Magus groaned soon, and looked out at the Demon Prince, "You! Boy!" he called to him, "Like I said, I've got my own goals, and I'm not a patient man. If you want my Scythe when the battles come, then let's move advance... NOW!" he shouted as he walked up to him and the Hermaphrodite, "Instead of chatting like teenage girls at a shopping center!"

Leandros heard Alliaster's order, but was a little to busy snuggling into Arielle's soft, warm and tender fur to do anything about it. Well, Magus' shout did part him from her for him, and he was never fond of loud, angry voices. This usually triggered his anger, since he learnt agner usually lead to violence, and he did not want to start off on the wrong foot. Growling a little, his yellow eyes sharply glared at the source of the voice, until Arielle cupped his face in her gentle hands. [i]"Leandros, please, try not to get angry. You know that you need to keep a clear head." [/i]The Chieftain knew this to be true, and smiled as his wife managed to cool his temper.[b] "Alright, alright, but you can understa-"[/b] Arielle placed her finger on his lips and shushed him. [b]"Yeah, bu-"[/b] [i]"SHH!" [/i][b]"But I-" [/b][i]"SHH!"[/i][b][i] [/i]"Arie-"[/b] [i]"SHH!"[/i]

Arielle then laughed as she walked over to Alliaster, along with Leandros who trailed behind, and she couldn't help nodding to Alliaster. He was royalty after all, and it was a custom...well, more like a habit.[i] "Alliaster, you said the Angel Nation's Portal, right? I don't think I've ever heard of that nation before. What's it like?" [/i]Leandros laughed as he walked up to Alliaster, shaking his hand firmly. [b]"I don't think we had a chance to meet properly. Well, Leandros."[/b] Then strecthing his arms he said [b]"I do agree with Magus, let's head out so we can crush those Demons quicker!"[/b]

Alliaster simply rolled his eyes towards Magus. The group was still on the move as him and Noah talked. He then looked to Arielle as she caught up with him. [color=#008080]"What's the Angel nation like? Hmm.."[/color] he looked up in thought. [color=#008080]"Well.. I've never been there.. But from what I've heard.. Its not just angels that resides there.. There are pixies, fairies, all sorts of winged creatures. As for the land.."[/color] he pulled out a folded map of the world and opened it up. He then pointed out the lands that belonged to the Angel nation. [color=#008080]"It's composed of tropical and exotic islands.."[/color] He then pointed to the estimated location of the group, [color=#008080]"Right now, we're hear.. And from the reports I've received.."[/color] he pointed to another spot on the map, [color=#008080]"This is where the portal is.. So it some point, we're going to have to board a ship.. I hope you and Leandros don't have an issue with water.."[/color]

As Alliaster folded up the map and put in his pocket, Leandros came up and held his hand out. Alliaster took his hand and shook it firmly. [color=#008080]"I'm glad we met, Leandros."[/color] He then frowned a little as Leandros made the second complaint about the group's speed. [color=#008080]"Alright then.."[/color] He looked back at the group. [color=#008080]"We're going to pick up the speed.. If you're struggling to keep up, use a horse to keep up."[/color] With that, he spread out his wings and looked to Leandros. "Race ya," he said with a smirk before taking off.

-----------------About 2 hours later-----------------

The group finally came across a port that docked a large ship. [color=#008080]"About time.."[/color] Alliaster stated as he landed just outside of the small port-town. [color=#008080]"Phew.. That was a work out."[/color] he chuckled out as he looked at Leandros and the rest of the group. [color=#008080]"Everyone here?.... Yep! Alright.. I'll go see if the captain will charter us to the island the portal is on.. Until then, do as you wish, everyone. But this time, lets not destroy something."[/color] He winked to Luna teasingly, referring to what happened earlier to the inn's wall. He nodded to the group before heading towards the large ship.

Arielle and Leandros were exhausted. They were Leo-Sapiens, and Leandros, being the competitive Lion he is, chased after Alliaster with great, but not great enough, speed and effort. He was more of a muscular fighter than a racer. But no time for excuses, he headed over to the boat himself and panted breaths of exhaustion. [b]"Wow...I...need...to...grow...wings...some...time..."[/b] Then he dunked his head into the water and cooled his sweating head, sighing with relief from the refershing water. Leo-Sapiens weren't affraid of water. In fact, they weren't affraid of anything. That's why many of them perish in battle.

Arielle, quite tired from her prowling herself, spotted Leandros by the edge of the port. She sniggered a little and whispered to Luna and Catherine [i]"Watch this."[/i] And then, taking a deep breath, she sprinted up and booted Leandros' butt, sending him head first into the water, resulting in Arielle laughing her head off.

Leandros resurged with an angry face and an extremelly loud and prfound roar, ready to maul whoever did that, but when he saw Arielle laughing he couldn't do anything. If anyone else...well, no, save little children. But anyone else except Arielle and little children, Leandros would have exploded a huge fury onto them. Instead, he had no other choice but to calm down and laugh it off.

Arielle, however, couldn't calm down, but she did grab her husband's paw and dragged him to a bar, where the barkeep kindly toweled him off with aid...or direction rather, of Arielle. She seemed to enjoy taking care of Leandros, especially when she causes a problem. But she sniggered because she knew he'd let her off.

Magus got a bit of a smug grin when Alliaster challenged Leandros to a race, "I'm getting in on this!" he called, he immediately floated of the ground a few inches, and, with one knee pointing forward, and the other leg slanted back, he started to fly in that position through the air [i]'Gods I love floating like this! So much better than running! It's faster... It only takes up my magic power... and it's a lot less effort!' [/i]Magus thought while he was on the way.

After arriving at the a port town, near a big boat, Magus floated down, and watched the Leo-sapien man arrive, along with everyone else. Magus watched as the Lionwoman knocked her husband into the water. At first he just shook his head, thinking about how stupid they looked, and how immature and dumb of a joke that was... but in the end he couldn't help but chuckle a tiny bit. "I swear, if you guys are like this for the whole trip, you might end up getting us all killed" Magus called to them, not in a very serious tone though, "Anyway, I'm just going to meditate and get some energy back until the boy comes back" Magus told the rest of the group, "Just telling you if you need me" and with that, he walked over to an empty spot, sat down, and started to concentrate hard.

As the group had walked on, Luna and Catherine were more drawn towards the back. Luna, whom really hadn't been in the best of moods since her chat with Alliaster, slowly sulked along. Catherine, annoyed with the air of depression surrounding Luna, tried her best to cheer her on and keep her going. These attempts were fraught with failure, and after about fort-five minutes of walking she had had enough. She grabbed Luna by the shoulder with vigor, nearly causing her sister to topple over. The group ahead didn't seem to notice this and kept on with the journey.

[color=#0000cd]"Catherine, wha-"[/color] Luna was silenced with a swift blow to the nose from Catherine's small but strong left fist. She fell down on to the ground, dirtying her already tattered dress. Catherine looked down on her with dissapointment.

[color=#006400]"Luna, you're better than this. Snap out of it, you got me?"[/color] Catherine spoke rapidly, blurting out the words like an angry bull. It was quite obvious that she cared deeply for her sister. She jabbed her thumb at the rest of the group, now quite far ahead. They still didn't notice the absence of the two.

[color=#006400]"Listen, I know you're fully capable of fighting along with the rest of the group. You proved that when you fought against Keiz alongside that boy. But..."[/color] Catherine kicked her downed sister, though not nearly as hard as she could have. [color=#006400] "You need to snap out of it. If you continue moping around like this, you're no more than a liability. You'll get us all killed."[/color]

Luna attempted to reply, but was cut off when Catherine extended her hand to help her up. [color=#006400]"The boy forgave you, Luna, but I will never forgive you unless you accept what has been done. Forget about the past, sister! What's been done is done. You can't fix that, nobody can."[/color] Luna took Catherine's hand, and was pulled up. She didn't respond to Catherine's small speech, but the look on her face said that she understood.

[color=#006400]"You got that? Good. Now let's get a move on- we don't want to miss out on the action, do we?"[/color]

--Later~

[i]"Watch this."[/i]

The sisters had been alerted to Arielle, the lioness, and her attempt to get her husband in the water. With a swift movement she kicked her husband headfirst into the cold sea. Catherine couldn't hold herself- she burst out laughing. Luna, still a bit under the weather, couldn't help but let out a small giggle of enjoyment.

[color=#006400]"Ah, that's golden Arielle!"[/color] Catherine exclaimed. The lion-man, Leandros, had quickly lept out of the water, poised to kill. Catherine quickly covered her mouth and Luna stood there, eyes wide with fear. Leandros then laughed as he came to the conclusion that Arielle had been the culprit. After some time, the pair had went into the nearest bar... presumably to dry off Leandros.

[color=#006400]"See? Lighten up, Luna! We can still enjoy ourselves out here, and we have a few hours until we begin the journey."[/color] Catherine took Luna by the hand. [color=#006400]"First thing's first, though. Let's get you some new clothes."[/color]

Arielle watched the two sisters with a warm smile, they melted her heart, how sweet they were. All the more they made her want to have their baby girl. [i]"Luna...hmm..."[/i] She said quietly as she continued to comb her husband's volumesque, grand hair, still a little drenched from her prank. It was quite tricky to comb it without hurting Leandros a little, but then again it's always fun to play with the gentle giant. Especially when you're the only one who can get away with it. But still, the two sisters were the attention in Arielle's eye...

...which unfortunately lead to Leandros' hair pricking. [b]"OUCH! Arielle, please."[/b] He said knowing he was at her mercy. He was very proud of his mane, and was actually quite sensitive about it too. [i]"Oh relax sweetie, it'll look wonderful."[/i] Arielle said to comfort the distraught chieftain, who shook his head, causing the comb to hurt him again. [b]"OUCH!"[/b] [i]"Leandros, stop figgiting."[/i] [b]"Alright."[/b]

After a while, Arielle had finished straightening his hair perfectly. [i]"Alright, now give it a shake!"[/i] Arielle cheered as Leandros stood up and shook his head side to side, up and down, to make his hair a little more like a mane. And it did, radiant, majestic, a mane worthy of the king of a pride. [b]"Thanks honey."[/b] He said as he kissed her on the head. [b]"I'd be lost without you."[/b]

[i]"You'd be lost with me, I know I can annoy you at times."[/i] Arielle confessed with a typical cute kitten look. Leandros chuckled but saw Arielle's face with thought. [b]"You said Luna, what about it?"[/b] [i]"Hmm? Oh, well, just look at them."[/i]

Arielle then pointed over to te two, acting like sisters should. [i]"I don't want to be Arielle Maxima, I'd rather have our daughter with a different name. And I don't want her sister, if she has one, to be called Dua. It's...well, I don't..."[/i] She said shrugging her shoulders and letting out a sigh. Leandros placed his hands on her tense shoulders and licked her cheek saying [b]"It's fine with me. You want to call our daughter Luna, though?"[/b] Arielle looked back to leandros and nodded. [b]"Well, they do seem quite content as sisters."[/b] Leandros stated as he left Arielle to go rest his feet in the water. Arielle on the other hand, simply decided to browse a few shops.

Akarui flew towards the port at amazing speeds, carrying something round in each of his claws, while between each of his jaws was something alive.... before landing in front of Alliaster, blocking him from the ship, he carefully placed each of these on the ground, while what he was carrying between his jaws was now noticeable as a lesser True Demon, severely injured, awake and alive. Dropping it to the ground, its blood staining Akarui's teeth while his claws were also blood-red. Akarui then created a mental link with everyone within normal earshot [color=#ff0000]"I slaughtered an entire troop of these so-called demons, all but one, this one, being the smartest, attempted at fleeing." [/color]Akarui explained.

OOC: Isn't Alliaster on the ship? Either that or you just blocked him from the ship!

Magus took note of the dragon who'd just arrived with a True Demon, and claimed he'd wiped out an entire troop of them, "Pfft, show-off" Magus grumbled lowly, opening one eye to look at him, [i]'Second time he's interrupted my meditation with his telepathy, he really needs to stop doing that' [/i]Magus thought, "Excuse me, dragon" Magus called to him, "But may I please ask you to not do that while I'm meditating? It's very annoying, I must say" he told the dragon with Pseudo-Politeness. Magus closed his eye again, let out a short sigh, and went back to his meditative state.

Arielle gasped in horror when she saw what Akarui had done to the Demon, whereas Leandros on the other hand could sense it was still alive. And, because of that, he was getting angry. [b]"Good work, now then, why is it still alive? Otherwise, please..."[/b] He spoke with a dee voice, which grew a little more aggresive each second. [b]"...allow me to TEAR IT FROM LIMB TO BLOODY LIMB!"[/b] Leandros was furiously growling as he exerted the true anger within the Leo-Sapien, stalking his prey as it where, completely oblivious to everything else but himself and the Demon. His claws: sharpened. His teeth: ready to nash it to shreds. His eyes: glaring down at the pile of flesh presented before him.

Arielle slapped Leandros across the cheek, snapping him out of his hyper-aggro. She said sternly [i]"No! Akarui obviously left him alive with purpose, so let him explain."[/i] Leandros was still growling, saying [b]"Fine, but I want to kill."[/b] To this Arielle shook her head and shrugged. She saw a weakened monster. Leandros saw a threat to his tribe.

Arielle then took out a pebble, a black one, and chanted [i]"Mahotoon."[/i] And the stone rose into the air and shot a beam which penetrated the Demon, though seemed to cause no harm. [i]"His magical energy is now null and void. Just a protection measure."[/i] She said, soon turning to Akarui. [i]"Why is he still alive?"[/i]

Alliaster jumped back, in surprise, as Akarui landed right in front of him. [color=#008080]"Watch it there, Akarui, ya almo- Is that a True Demon?!"[/color] As Akarui dropped the True Demon, Alliaster stepped closer to it, getting a good look at it. [color=#008080]"Hmm.. It looks no where near the same as the one who attack the castle.. Though, I guess that should be expected.."[/color] Alliaster looked up at Akarui and said, [color=#008080]"Good job. Hopefully, he'll tell us some information. If not at least we know that not all of the True Demons are going to be as strong as the one that attacked the castle."[/color] Alliaster knelt besides the True Demon so he could better hear it if it talked. [color=#008080]"Tell me now, how many are you are at the Angel nation's portal?"[/color] Silence. Alliaster narrowed his eyes as he clapped his hands. [color=#008080]"You sure you won't tell me?"[/color] Silence still. [color=#008080]"Fine then,"[/color] he simply stated as he placed his hands on the ground. Within a second or two, earthly-made spikes pierced through the True Demon's hands, causing it to scream in pain. [color=#008080]"Will you tell me now?"[/color] The True Demon, despite all the screaming it was doing, managed to say no. Without hesitation, Alliaster repeated the process of using alchemy to make spikes that pierced through the True Demon, this time, it was at the elbows. [color=#008080]"Well?"[/color] [i]"N-Never!"[/i] it screamed out in pain before managing to spit some blood onto Alliaster's face. Alliaster growled a bit before he made some bog spikes to pierce through the True Demon's shoulder. Without asking once again for the information, Alliaster stood up and wiped the blood off of his face.

He turned and looked to Leandros. [color=#008080]"Have at him.. Just make sure you clean up the mess.."[/color] He then spotted a small crowd of people in the distance, staring at the True Demon. Alliaster glanced back at it before making his way to the crowd. He ensured them that they were safe, for now, and that any threat that the one True Demon had was long gone before Akarui arrived with it. After that, Alliaster finally got onto the ship and started talking with the captain.

Leandros smiled grimly when Alliaster gave him the go, re=sharpening his enormous claws as he licked his lips. This was a beast he'd enjoy feasting on. Arielle didn't mind Leandros' aggresiveness. In fact, it somewhat made him more attractive to her, but she wasn't very fond of fighting, and even more so on what Leandros had in mind. She patted Leandros' shoulder and said [i]"Tuck in, tiger."[/i] before walking on board and covering her ears.

And now with both goes, Leandros walked up to the True Demon and said in his deep voice [b]"Say goodnight, scum."[/b], holding up his paw overhead and sharpening his claws. Arielle then gave him a power blessing from the boat, and with that Leandros tore the Demon's throat open, where afterwards he reached into the wound and tore out his asophagus, or what looked like on, killing the creature with ease. [b]"Ha! That was fun! But then again, I shouldn't get ahead of myself."[/b] Leandros roared triumphantely, turning to Akarui. [b]"After all, you did quite a bit of the work for me! I wonder if I would even have stood a chance on my own...bah! Of course I would!"[/b]

Arielle watched her husband triumphantly flex his muscles and sighed. [i]"Honestly..."[/i] She said, shaking her head at the Leo-Sapien. She couldn't deny that she liked his brute strength, but she was never a fan for show-offs. So, rather, she layed back on a chair and sunbathed, closing her eyes.

Leandros, after his ego bloated down a little, dived into the water, washing him off from the bloody creature. As soon as he got back onto the pier, two men told him to clean up his mess...well, that is, until he growled at them, sending them with their tails between their legs. [b]"Hahaha...ahh, always funny to do that."[/b] He said as he boarded the ship, looking over the side as he sighed. He like to watch the beauty of nature.

Magus sighed at what was going on, the noise of the Lionman once again drawing his attention. Magus shook his head, "Such a greusom way of killing the thing hardly seemed necessary, when you could've done it in a much neater way" Magus commented, then looked as he scared away two men, "And that also seemed unnecessary" Magus commented, with that, he stood up, "But since you're incapable of doing it, and this mess is disturbing, I shall have to clean it up I guess" Magus sighed, then shrugged. He cleared his throat then extended his hand twords the ground near the demon, "[i]Torrent!" [/i]Magus shouted, causing a straight burst of water to begin flowing from his hands and at the ground, washing away any blood that was shed by the Lionman's attack. After that, he aimed slightly upwards with his hand, and curved his fingers outwards, the inside of his palm facing the dead True Demon, [i]'Gale!' [/i]he shouted, causing a bit of wind to shoot twords the Demon, lifting him up, followed by Magus facing his hand twords the ocean, and the demon flying accordingly, "There, now was that so hard?"

From that moment on, Thraci knew that she was the luckiest person in the world.

The laws of karma dictated that all things came in equal measures. Those who give receive, and those who receive are forced to give. Those who do good receive good; those who give evil receive evil. The unfortunate become fortunate; the fortunate become unfortunate.

Thraci had never been a believer in karma before, but now she knew it had to be true. There was no other way she could have gotten such horrible luck. And now that her luck was so low, by the law of karma, it was only uphill from there.

Thraci had, upon realizing that she was still mostly sane, checked out of the asylum/inn and walked all the way out to a distant port town. More able hands were needed to tend the port in such troubled times, she reasoned; she could handle services the dock workers were unable to, such as schools, hospitals, and libraries. She'd be able to get a job and do the town service. And she'd be away from the madmen from before.

Only guess who was there.

Only apparently, the "last dragon" really was the last dragon. Whoops. The idiot he'd been fighting with was also a magus who was three times the magus Thraci would ever be. And the leo-sapient man gloried in blood, death, and barbarism.

[i]That's it. Time to get out of here.[/i]

<<>>

"Excuse me?"

"Yes?"

"I'd like to go to the most remote place you can think of. Doesn't matter where."

"Aha. Out to adventure, are you? Strange; you don't strike me as the type."

"I'm not. I just want to get away from here."

"Well, I hope you change your mind. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, you know. Ah, how about this? The [i]Century[/i] is headed back to Adarel, in Angel territory. They're actually setting up the fortifications there, although the demons are still pretty far away. I'm sure they'd be glad to receive you, maga."

"Stable employment? A half-decent citadel? Sign me up."

"All right, Maga...?"

"Arthracia Dent."
"Okay... here you are, Arthracia. Now, if you would sign here..."

Thraci scribbled her signature onto the ticket.

"Thank you very much," said the ticket manager. "The ship leaves this afternoon. You've still got plenty of time, so if you haven't packed..."

"Don't worry, I have. I've been travelling lately."

"I thought you said you weren't a traveller?"

"I'm not travelling by choice. There's a group of lunatics I'd rather like to avoid."

"Aha. Well, there's definitely no lunatics with tickets for the [i]Century[/i], though there are a couple of chaps who never stop arguing."

"No worse than the lunatics that never stop arguing I'm trying to outrun."

"That's good. Well, enjoy your trip!"

"If it gets me away from them, I will."

<<>>

She didn't.

She didn't realize that her lunatics were, in fact, sailing for Adarel on the [i]Century[/i] until she was already on the ship.

She seriously pondered swimming back to shore.

After talking with the captain for a while, Alliaster disembarked. He watched as Magus cleaned up the mess. [color=#008080]"Thank you, Magus."[/color] He then walked to the group, [color=#008080]"Alright.. The ship will be leaving in about 2 hours.."[/color] He then turned to Luna and walked over her. [color=#008080]"I wish I could have seen the dress before your crash.. I bet it looked ah.. *ahem* I bet it looked great on you.."[/color] He then turned to Catherine, [color=#008080]"Thanks you for taking care of Luna."[/color] He gave Catherine a quick bow, it was an old habit he still hadn't quite quit.

Arielle moaned a little when Alliaster informed them of the time of departure. [i]"Two hours? Really?"[/i] She wasn't very happy by it. She knew they had to prepare the ship and all, but to be frank she thought they could do it a little quicker. Then she thought optimistically, thinking that two hours was the latest time. [i]"Well, alright, nevermind."[/i] Arielle sighed, still sunbathing. Then when Alliaster walked over to Luna, she overheard his comment, to which she smiled. [i]"Ahh, young love. I bet they don't even know it yet."[/i]

Leandros sat down next to his wife and said [b]"Well, I wouldn't say that just yet, I can tell there is something between them. History, but not good history though."[/b] He shook his head as he said [b]"I'm so bored! What can we do on this ship!?"[/b]

To this, Arielle said [i]"Well, stop moaning for one. You're even worse than me! I'm terrible for moaning, and you're worse than me."[/i] She liked teasing her giant, she could get away with it easy-peasy.

--
The two sisters took to the town, Catherine dragging Luna behind her as they perused the various shops. Catherine pointed out some of the more fashionable looking boutiques, but none of their merchandise seemed to strike out at Luna.

[color=#006400]"Oh, come on! We've been at it for a at least an hour, Luna."[/color] Catherine crossed her arms in disappointment. [color=#006400]"Money is not a problem."[/color]

[color=#0000cd]"I know, it's just..."[/color] Luna glanced down at the tattered dress she still wore, her eyes on the verge of tears yet again. [color=#0000cd]"It was Mothers. It..."[/color]

Catherine sighed and grabbed Luna by the shoulder, pushing her into a small area in between the stores. [color=#006400]"Well, it's quite ruined now, and she wouldn't have cared anyways."[/color] She said nonchalantly. [color=#006400]"But, with a small bit of adjustment..."[/color]

About 15 minutes passed as Catherine worked away at the dress. She tore away at each elegant part, a loud rip echoing through the alley as each seam separated. Luna expressed extreme horror. [color=#0000cd]"Catherine! What are you-"[/color]

[color=#006400]"Hush, Luna. Almost finished."[/color] She tore off one last strip of fabric covering Luna's belly. [color=#006400]"There, done."[/color] Catherine procured a small mirror from her pocket and flipped it towards Luna.

[color=#0000cd]"Oh my..."[/color] Luna was stunned at Catherine's 'craftmanship'- The dress now resembled her former assassins uniform, and it even felt like it. Luna giggled, attempting to glomp Catherine as she did so but she missed and fell to the ground, her giggle turning into a hearty laugh.

[color=#006400]"Happy? I thought so. Let's head back."[/color]

--

[size=4][color="#008080"]"...I bet it looked great on you."[/color][/size]

Luna smiled at Alliaster, now seemingly over the subject that caused her so much grief. [color=#0000cd]"Thank you, Alliaster. I'll admit I was sad at losing it, but... What's done is done."[/color] She looked at Catherine, whom smiled.

[color=#006400]"She's my sister, what can I say? I've gotta look out for her. Anyways, I'm a bit tired. Is there anywhere to sleep on this piece of-"[/color] She caught herself. -[color=#006400]"fine vessel you have here?"[/color]

"Two hours?" Magus repeated, "It figures we'd have to wait that long" Magus grumbled, he sighed, then looked off into the sky, "My meditation is done for now, I had quite a while to do what I needed to do when I was sipping tea in the Inn, so now I have nearly nothing to do" Magus grumbled. Magus now looked over to The Demon, Girl A, and Girl B, hoping to pass the time listening to them. Magus couldn't help but groan at what was going on between the three of them, Girl A and The Demon either seemed to be infatuated with one another, or they shared some dark history, Magus assumed it was the former, and rolled his eyes. Girl B mentioned something that made Magus remember his family, [i]'I should just be with them...' [/i]he thought, [i]'...instead of going off with this group of people I don't know... but if I don't get rid of the true demons...' [/i]he thought, and his mind started to wander.

Alliaster looked to Catherine and then up, in thought. "I'd imagine there might be a few open cabins just below the deck.. You'll have to ask the captain.." Catherine's mention of family made Alliaster continue to think. After a seconds of thought, Alliaster walked towards the estimated center of the scattered group. "Listen up everyone.. This could be the last chance you'll have at backing out of this.. I you wish to return home and protect your friends and family there, I'll understand.." With that comment, Alliaster boarded the ship the slipped into the level below the deck.

------4 and a half hours later------

The ship had finally ported at Adarel. As Alliaster disembarked the ship, a small squad following a well decorated soldier approahed Alliaster. [I]"Are you Alliaster, the Demon 'King?'"[/I] Alliaster, ignoring the way the captain said king, nodded. The captain pulled Alliaster to the side. After a few moments of chatting, Alliaster eventually pulled out the world map he had and the captain made a few marks on it. Alliaster nodded to the captain and rejoined the group. "Thank you for sticking with me everyone.. The 'kind' captain over there gave me some information. The portal is about a 2 hours walk from here, with True Demons being encountered the last quarter of the journey.. So it looks like we'll be fighting our way to the portal.. Apparently, only a few scouts and recon groups have been sent this far, so I'm sure we'll come across atleast a platoon or two on our way to the portal as they journey towards this town.. So we should design a battle plan to deal with the True Demons as we make our way to the portal. Agreed?"

Arielle looked over at the port of Adarel with a smile, it was warm, sunny, and bright out. But she couldn't help but marvel at the people she saw, many winged beings from angels to pixies to fairies. She was taken even more so by a sprite who landed on her nose, flying away afterwards, which caused her to laugh a little. But then Alliaster spoke up, and she listened to his points. She wasn't really one for tactics, that was more Leandros' skill. But she did have a question for the Demon King. [i]"Alliaster, what are these portals and why are they so important?"[/i]

Leandros was still asleep during this time, the four hours on the sea taking it's toll on the Lion, but he did wake up to manage to catch Alliaster's speech. Maybe a little tap from the behind by a certain ally woke him up, he had no clue. What he could only think about was if these demons were as powerful as Alliaster said in the letter, wouldn't they need an army to take one out? A whole platoon would surely be immensely difficult. [b]"I too have a question. How will we take out a single one of these behemoths? We're just a small group of people. Sure, we do have lots of brute strength, magic force too, but I'm sure we'd need a lot more than that to fight these things."[/b]

Alliaster looked to Ariella and then the sky, "Well.. Think of portals as magical doorways.. Doorways that can lead to another place, time or even dimension.. A portal leading to another dimension has been controversial for many ages.. Untill now.. From reports I have been getting, these portals is what is allowing these True Demons from escaping the dimension they were sealed in from countless generations ago.." Alliaster looked back down at Ariella, "And somehow.. This Vincent character has somehow found a way to free these True Demons.. Now, Vincent plans to destroy the world.. How do I know what he plans? He looked me right in the eye and told me before..." Alliater clenched his hands inti tight fists before he looked away from the group for a moment.

After a second or two, he looked back at Ariella, "So if want to prevent the destruction of our world, we need to close the way the True Demons are entering.." Alliaster then turned to Leandos. "Well.. Akarui took out a small group of them with ease.. And the one he brought looked no where near the shape
nor size of the one that attacked during the celebration... So I'm lead to beleive that the True Demons vary in strength and appearance, much like everyone of this world.."

Archived