Maigo Keishi: A New Era (IC/Always Accepting/PG-16)

Elƒie

Sinn was making his way throught the forest. [i]Alliaster must have uses for someone like me. [/i]"Quarr, do you think that Alliaster will welcome me?" [color=#FF0000]"Depends. If he is still the person he was, then yes, I imagine so. If not......" [/color][color=#000000][i]Looks like I'm hoping then. [/i]Sinn passed the familer boulders, trees and landmarks as he made for the edge of the woods. The trees there were mostly pine, with a few oaks here and there. His sister had nodded knowingly when he said he needed to go to Alliaster. [/color][color=#FFA07A]"You gotta do what feels right." [/color][color=#000000]she had said. He smiled as he remembered it. Quarr was leaping from tree to tree above Sinn's head, happy as everything. [i]Heh, when we first got here he hated it.[/i] As Sinn reached the edge of the forest, he began to chop down trees for a boat. A large river was nearby, and all rivers lead to sea. [i]And once I get to sea, I will be able to get to the Angel City, and locate Alliaster. [/i][/color]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#008080]"Alright.. If that's all of the questions for now, lets head South."[/color] As Alliaster started walking, he pulled out a book that was burnt, tattered and almost falling apart. He opened to a certain page and started reading. If one sneaked a look at what Alliaster was reading, he was reading up on portals. [color=#008080]"Hmm.. Can anyone sense how strong a person is? Not my looks or guessing.. But by feel? You guys know what I'm talking about? Because if I'm reading this right... The maker of the portal.. Aka the Portal Keeper.. Is suppose to be fairly strong in order to open the portal and keep it open... So I'm betting he/she/it will be stronger than the rest of the True Demons in the area.. If we can figure out who the Portal Keeper is.. The quicker we can get to them and.. well.. beat 'em.."[/color]

((I'll time skip next time.. I promise.. Lol. After someone comes up saying yes to Alliaster's question, I'll time skip then..))

[color=#000000]Noah had been waiting in Adarel in the south of the city, talking a giant robot by the name of Sarge in order to fill in the time. He seemed to be interesting enough, suffice it to say. After all, he did come from another time.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Oh, and um... thanks for getting those bullets for my rifle for me,"[/color][color=#000000] she stated.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Eh, it was nothing,"[/color][color=#000000] Sarge replied, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"They were obsolete anyway."[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Then why did you carry them in the first place?"[/color][color=#000000] Noah asked.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Cause I needed that little bit more money,"[/color][color=#000000] Sarge answered, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"Didn't quite have enough to fill up my jet-packs. Should be fine now, considering I just restocked on ammo the last couple of days before."[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Speaking of which..." [/color][color=#000000]Noah just realized something, [/color][color=#4b0082]"It's only been a day since my last feed and that dehydration's already trying to come back to me. And I drained enough blood to kill someone. Either this child inside me's a thirsty bastard... or I had more mouths to feed than I thought. I just hope my womb doesn't explode in the case of the latter."[/color]

[color="#000000"]As Sarge drifted off the conservation, Noah could see Alliaster and co. walking down in her direction, and she only looked that way out of sheer dumb luck. Happy to see that they've arrived, she nudged Sarge again.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"There're the guys I was telling you about!"[/color][color=#000000] she said in an excited tone, before turning to other, [/color][color=#4b0082]"HEY!! What took you so long?!"[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"HEY!! What took you so long?!"[/color] [color=#008080]"Huh?"[/color] Alliaster looked up from the nearly destroyed book only to spot Noah with a huge robot. [color=#008080]"There you are Noah! I wondered where ya went.."[/color] As we walked up to the duo, he put the book away. He then looked up at the robot, [color=#008080]"Who's your friend here? Is he gonna join us in our fight?" [/color][color=#40e0d0]'That'll be great, having a robot to fight with us.. I just hope he's not too complicated.. If he gets damaged.. I could repair him with alchemy.. Wouldn't be the first time..'[/color] Alliaster drifted off in thought for a moment, remembering the days where he used to work at the alchemy shop in Combine.

Leandros took his steps on land, precious dry land. He didn't mind water, but he didn't enjoy it. But right now he couldn't care less. He could smeel someting delicious. [b]"*sniff sniff* ~Mmm~ What's that heavenly...intoxicting...oh lord!"[/b] And he saw it, across the port there was a rib shack, and they had juicy, saucy ribs covered in a perfect dressing. Leandros couldn't help but dash over there and feast, it was in his bone to eat meat of bones.

Arielle, on the other hand, didn't seem remotely interested in the food, but rather the wonderful plce itself. [i]"Wow...it's gorgeous...everything is so pure and bright and advanced!"[/i] She'd lived in a tribe for so long, she had little idea of urbanization, so this was all new to her.

[i]Maybe Alliasters here. [/i]Sinn had docked his boat in a place called Adarel and was looking around for Alliaster. He passed by a rather familer looking woman talking to a giant robot though. [i]Odd. I guess they get all sorts of people here. [/i]
[color=#FF0000]"Oi! Sinn!" [/color][color=#000000]Quarr was yelling.[/color]
[color=#000000]"What is it NOW Quarr?" Sinn asked, sounding rather exsasperated. Quarr had been asking him questions a mile a minuite on the boat.[/color]
[color=#FF0000]"Isnt that Alliaster?"[/color]
[color=#000000]Sinn suddenly saw Alliaster and some other people he didnt know walking towards the giant robot. Or maybe it was the woman. [/color]
[color=#000000]"I'll talk to him after I see whats going on."[/color] Then he heard the word "Noah".
"Wait, Noah? As in, the Countess? Now I need to go see."
[color=#FF0000]"Is that REALLY a good idea? I mean, you kinda blew Alliaster off last time."[/color]
"He forgives people. He forgave Noah obviously."
[color=#FF0000]"Touche."[/color]
"HEEEEEY!! Alliaster! Remember me?" Sinn yelled in their direction.

Akarui landed beside Alliaster, Akarui still carrying those four stones he arrived with at the pier. The four said stones resting on the saddle on his back. [color=#ff0000]"Although I hate to admit it, it is lonely flying up there." [/color]Akarui stated only to Alliaster with his telekinesis [color=#ff0000]"The only company being these four."[/color] Akarui concluded, making a gesture to the stones with his head. He left the mental link there so Alliaster could reply with thoughts alone. Half of Akarui's attention was devised to the stones on his back.

[b]"*sniff sniff* ~Mmm~ What's that heavenly...intoxicting...oh lord!" [/b][color=#008080]"Wh-What? Oh boy.. Here we go.."[/color] Alliaster searched in his right pocket for a few coins and tossed them to the stall owner. The stall owner simply glared at him after receiving the coins. Alliaster simply shook his head.[i][color=#008080] 'We're trying to save their home and lives and yet they can't get over the fact that I'm a demon.. Whatever..'[/color][/i] Alliaster thought to himself. Just as he finished thinking that, Akarui joined the group. Many people stared at Akarui in amazement and many shrugged off Akarui's appearance, thinking him as a fake or something. [color=#008080][i]"Ah! There you Are Akarui.."[/i][/color] Alliaster responded through the mental connection before he listened to Akarui's comment about the lonely flight. [i][color=#008080]"I'm sorry you were alone Akarui.. It looks like we'll have a quite a walk to the portal.."[/color][/i] He rubbed Akarui's nuzzle for a seconds before he heard, [color=#808080]"HEEEEEY!! Alliaster! Remember me?"[/color] [color=#008080]"Huh?"[/color] Alliaster turned in time to see Sinn. [color=#008080]"Hmmm.. I remember you, just not the name.. Lemme think.. Shinn? No.. Sin? Sinn! It's Sinn, ain't it? What are you doing all the way out here?"[/color]

[color=#000000]Sarge shrugged his shoulders as Alliaster addressed Noah, asking her if he wanted to fight.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Got nothing better to do,"[/color][color=#000000] he said simply, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"Let's go kick some ass out there!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Sarge took a few steps south-east, before stopping short, realizing that he no idea where the others wanted to go. He didn't want to look like a loose cannon, but there was no denying that he was eager to go. He turned to Noah.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"So where're we headed, anyway?"[/color][color=#000000] he asked.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Hmm..."[/color][color=#000000] Noah suddenly turned to Alliaster, hoping he'd have a better idea, [/color][color=#4b0082]"Alliaster?"[/color]

Sinn ran over to Alliaster.
"Honestly? Lookin fer you! I want to work for you."
[color=#FF0000]"Oh, goodie it gets so boring out in those woods."[/color]
"Shut up Quarr."
Sinn looked at the robot and said "Aaand you would be?" Sinn had always been a little wary of AI. Never knew when it could go out of control.
[color=#FF0000]"OK, so is the happy reunion over? I want to eat." [/color]This made Sinn burst into laughter.
"Eat? Dude, I brought food and you ate your share in less than half an hour. Sorry Alliaster, he's usually a pain like this. Well? Whaddya say?"

Leandros' lips and mouth were covered in the rich sauce as he gnashed all the meat from the ribs, the bones snapping in his fangs as his jaw brought them down like a guillotine on the marrow. The Leo-Sapien showed to have enjoyed the feast, the bartender not so much. Leandros decided to lick his dish clean and leave the joint, walking over to the comotion...

...before being blocked by Arielle with a tissue, wiping his messy mouth. [i]"You're a child, you know."[/i] she said as she cleaned the lion's mouth, rolling her eyes and tutting. [i]"You're supposed to keep yourself clean, Leandros. I'm not your caretaker."[/i]

Leandros smiled [b]"I know, I know."[/b] and after his mouth was cleaned, Arielle took his hand and and leaded him back to the group. Leandros decided to answer the machine's question [b]"According to Alliaster, our strategy is to head out to these portals where the True Demons came from and seal them up, right?"[/b]

[i]"Pretty much, yeah."[/i] Arielle added to Leandros' statement as she curtseyed to the two. [i]"Sorry if we hven't already met, I'm Arielle!"[/i] with her usual content behaviour

they're everywhere

she ran
and ran
and ran
and ran
and - ran
and they
....................................followed?
[i]were?[/i]
..........................................................always, they were there
did she move or did she stay
inoneplaceatonetimenevermovingonlyani l l u s i o n
alwaysalwaysalwaysalwaysallwaysleadtothem

That was a poetic representation of the thoughts of Arthracia Dent as she stared at the madmen off the boat. It was a bit hyperbolic, perhaps, but I thought it was good. I hope you liked it.

And now, for something completely different that happened the next day.

"They're coming."

Dread words. Major Haponazimiel of the Adarel City Militia suppressed a shudder. Her eyes widened nevertheless. "When? Where?"

"They're moving fast -- faster than we'd thought possible." The scout spoke quickly, wasting no time. "They'll hit today. Watch the southeast wall. We think they'll try to flank the wall."

The True Demons of the Angel Kingdom could fly. Whether it was because of the proclivity of the region towards flight or a coincidence was unknown -- after all, there wasn't much time to study the bloodthirsty beasts.

"I hear you."

Hapona was already formulating a battle plan when she turned away. She'd alert the [i]Ikursitaa[/i] -- a relic of the port's past military significance; a swift, if fragile, flying battlecruiser with the best crew in the region. Its fire support would be invaluable if the Demons tried to fly over the cliffs at the edge of the great wall; after all, the winged folk no longer had the aerial superiority to which they were accustomed. They'd also have to bring some artillery, and... magi. Magi would be important. Magical wards, magical artillery... For defending a place with no physical barriers, magi were essential.

Of course, she'd also have to account for possible changes of route or misleading attacks. But those were simple contingencies to plan. It was time to begin.

Now to grab some recruiters. She'd need to rouse the city folk. The militia would never suffice to block a Demon attack.

"Excuse me, Maga?"

Thraci gazed, resigned, into the eyes of the girl that requested her attention. "Yes?"

"We need your help."

Thraci looked over the girl's clothing. It was clearly a uniform -- all blues and golds and sharp edges, with buttons in every place the designers could get away with stuffing a button into. She even had a spiffy hat and special holes for her wings, feathery and incredibly large, to poke through. The girl held a clipboard and pen in one hand -- and a pistol, by the barrel, in the other. Aha, she was a military recruiter, perhaps for the city guard or local militia.

"The Demons are approaching," said the recruiter, her voice charged with a genuine sincerity Thraci could never muster. "We need all the help we can get to defend the city. It's really important to hold Adarel, or they might take our air force and overrun the rest of the Kingdom."

Ordinarily, Thraci wouldn't touch the military with a ten-metre wand. Every part of her -- ideological, rational, lazy, self-serving -- ran screaming away from the armed forces. But this was different. First of all, the True Demons were going to kill her whether she tried to defend herself or not (she couldn't count on spaceships falling on them every time, after all). Secondly, there were support roles she could play, too, so she could preserve her pacifism without lying down and waiting to be invaded. Lastly, she owed a certain Angelic lieutenant a favour.

"I don't know any offencive spells," she warned. "I can ward, and I can sort of heal. And I suppose I have Duct Typhoon, but that's rather dangerous. So you can't count on me to make them hurt."

"We don't have to," the recruiter assured her. "We mainly need barriers and healers anyway. So will you help us?"

"Yes. Arthracia Dent, first-order maga, credentialed of Cercean Magic Academy."

"All right... Thank you!"

Thraci chose not to think about how the Demon King would no doubt be leading the charge, or about how she was about to join a militia, something she'd sworn never to do. She instead chose to think about how she could finally repay Tehlak for the bean salad incident as the recruiter scribbled her name onto her clipboard and led her away towards the militia's station.

[color=#4b0082]"Alliaster?"[/color] [color=#2f4f4f]"Yes? Oh! Where we're heading.. Right.."[/color] Allister turned to Noah and the robot. [color=#2f4f4f]"We'll be heading South, towards the portal, in a few, once everyone's had a chance to stretch their after that long ride on that ship.. Also, I never caught your name, my metallic friend."[/color] Alliaster then turned to Sinn as he said, "Well? Whaddya say?" [color=#2f4f4f]"Well.. This group is made up of volunteers who are willing to get into the fray of this invasion and try to pu- No.. This group is made up of volunteers who are willing to get into the fray of this invasion and [i]will[/i] put a stop to it!"[/color] Alliaster blinked a little, he wasn't quite sure where that burst of confidence came from but it was almost timed perfectly when he heard a recruit say, [i]"The Demons are approaching,"[/i] [color=#2f4f4f]"Wait, what?"[/color] Alliaster rushed to recruit, [color=#008080]"Excuse me.. but.. how close are the True Demons?"[/color] Alliaster just finished talking with a Captain a few minutes ago and he said nothing about the True Demons being close. If Alliaster learned that the Captain withheld information, he was probably gonna punch the Captain next time they met. If they ever met again, anyways.

"I have had dealings with the Demons before Alliaster. Didnt you ever wonder why I was so withdrawn before? I made a pact with those......[i]things[/i].....to give me the strength to heal my sister. They attempted to take my body before, and almost succeeded. I will join you." [i]Whether you like it or not........[/i]
[color=#FF0000]"Great. This is great. I havent had ANYTHING to eat, and were plopped right smack in the middle of a fight! Sloppy agenda guys." [/color]
Sinn heard the recruit and pulled out his MSAR. "Demons are coming eh.......bring em on." Sinn was itching for a fight after days of travel. Quarr on the other hand, was just hungry. And he made it quite clear by complaining. [color=#FF0000]"Food. Want food. Gimme food." [/color]and so on. This caused Sinn to hit him over the head with the butt of his gun, knocking him unconsios. (OOC:spelling plz.).

Leandros was bored to hell with the waiting, stretching his muscular arms as he yawned. [b]"Alliaster! Come on!"[/b] he growled at the Demon King. [b]"If you're a leader, lead! Take charge! Those Demons will not kill themselves! You're a king, so where is your leadership!"[/b] Leandros' patience was bearing slightly thin, not enjoying the limited time they were spending dilly-dallying around a port. He also wasn't very fond of Alliaster's lack of oomph, lack of vigour as a leader. He didn't enjoy it slightly, but he calmed down as he said [b]"There are innocents at risk, we cannot waste time, even you know that."[/b] And nobody could deny the truth behind the Leo-Sapien's words, they were unfortunately accurate to a tee.

Alliaster sighed a little when Leondros started complaining again as he waited for the recruit to reply to him. [color=#008080]"You know.. If ya hadn't made the side trip for ribs, we probably would have left already.."[/color] He shook his head a little before turning his attention back to the recruit. [b]"There are innocents at risk, we cannot waste time, even you know that."[/b] Alliaster clenched his fist when Leandros said that. [color=#008080]"I know innocents are at risk.. You think I don't know that? Do you think I'm oblivious to that fact after having my own kingdom demolished only after minutes of being officially crowned!"[/color] Alliaster first starting saying that in a quiet rage. As he got towards the end, he snapped out and turned to Leondros, anger in his eyes. He let out a sigh, realizing he was letting his anger get to him. He turned from the group as his left arm crossed over his chest as his right thumb rubbed the right temple. Alliaster was ashamed at how he was rather powerless against the True Demon that attacked as Vincent watched.

[b]"I don't. I think you know exactly how lethal these beasts are."[/b] Leandros stated as he looked over at the horizon, still desperate to finish the task. [b]"Why do you think I came here? I didn't come here for any other reason but one: My pride. My pride of fellow Leo-Sapiens who, at the hands of these Demons, could suffer horrible deaths. Even...even my future daughter."[/b] the Leo-Sapien said with a solemn voice, his hands clenched as he barked [b]"Show me! I demand you to show me these Demo-!"[/b]

[i]"Stop!"[/i] Arielle sternly to Leandros. [i]"Fighting will solve nothing. Both of you, rulers of people, should know the effects of war. Think![/i] She didn't like to see anyone fight within groups, it was unnecissary and quite frankly just rude. [i]"Alliaster, I apologize on Leandros' behalf."[/i]

[color=#008080]"No.."[/color] Alliaster turned back towards the group once he calmed down. [color=#008080]"Leandros has a point.. But the reason we're getting caught up at the moment is that I heard that recruit over there saying something about the True Demons coming.. If they're getting ready to make an assult on this town, we should stay here and help them fend it off.."[/color] He shook his head a little as he thought, [i][color=#008080]"If it wasn't for the delay of the ship's take off, we could have been done with the Angel Portal by now.."[/color][/i]

[color="#ff8c00"][color=#FF8C00]"Pah, those [i]'True'[/i] Demons are weak!"[/color][color=#000000] Sarge scoffed, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"I've obliterated a f***-load of 'em last week. Just me and my Gatling Gun... and it was all loaded with silver bullets just for such an occasion."[/color][/color]

[color="#ff8c00"][color=#000000]Noah sighed in response to this, and shook her head. She was already sick of all this bragging from Sarge, but luckily had a plan to dispatch of him... even if it [i]was[/i] only temporary. She just hoped that Alliaster was on-board with her plan.[/color][/color]

[color="#ff8c00"][color=#4b0082]"That's your brag artist, for ya,"[/color][color=#000000] Noah said to the rest of the group, before turning to Sarge, [/color][color=#4b0082]"Hey Sarge! You mind sticking around town while the rest of us go on ahead and get to Angel Portal?"[/color][/color]

[color="#ff8c00"][color=#ff8c00]"Well, since it [i]is[/i] under attack, at least one of us had better stay to protect it," [/color][color=#000000] Sarge answered, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"Might as well be the one that can kill those oversized mongrels the fastest. Oh, before you go, one of you take this GPS,"[/color][/color]

[color="#ff8c00"][color=#000000]Sarge tossed a GPS in Alliaster's direction.[/color][/color]

[color="#ff8c00"][color=#ff8c00]"It'll let me know where you guys are at all times, so I can catch up when I'm finished here."[/color][color=#000000] he explained.[/color][/color]

[color=#008080]"Wait..."[/color] Alliaster thought out loud as he caught the GPS. [color=#008080]"What do you mean you killed a bunch last week? Vincent and the True Demons just started up their assault within these past 24 hours.."[/color] Alliaster slipped the GPS in pocket before walking up to Sarge. [color=#008080]"There's no possible way you could have been killing them.."[/color] He looked between Noah and Sarge, [color=#008080]"What is going on here? And I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't lie to me as you explain.."[/color] Alliaster crossed his arms, waiting for an explanation.

"Is it possible that True Demons were looking for other fights other then with you? I mean, they can't be THAT new can they?." [i]And I should know. [/i]Sinn walked up to Alliaster, looking at Sarge. [i]But......what if they only started their assault after the date this....hunk of metal....says. Last week was it? I wonder.....is HE part of it? I wouldnt be surprised.......its exactly the kind of thing He'd get mixed up in.......Verronix, we will meet again I see. And it will be anything but a happy reunion. [/i]

[color=#222222][color=#4B0082]"Yeah, how the hell [i]did[/i] you manage that anyway?"[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]Noah asked, only just realizing what Sarge had actually said due to not even paying the slightest attention before, [/color][color=#4B0082]"I thought you said you were in Adarel all this time."[/color][/color]

[color=#222222][color=#FF8C00]"I was," [/color][color=#000000]Sarge said after a brief sigh, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"Only just travelled back in time last week as well."[/color][/color]

[color=#222222][color=#4b0082]"Well why didn't you tell us that before?!"[/color][color=#000000] Noah exclaimed.[/color][/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"'Cause I thought you guys would've figured that out by now, alright?"[/color][color=#000000] Sarge responded, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"Yeesh, it's not like you'd expect to see a being of solid metal and electronics everyday..."[/color]

[color=#008080]"No.. You don't see robots everyday.. But they do exist.. So a week eh? Alright.. Not much to worry about, then.. It'll take us at least a week to get from here to the Mystical Nation or the Water Nation.."[/color] Alliaster closed his eyes for a moment in though. [color=#008080]"Alright.. Lets get moving.. If the True Demons are approaching and they are as simple to kill as Sarge is suggesting.. Then we shouldn't run into a problem of wiping most of them out as we travel to the Portal.. When we travel, I want range fighters in the back for support! Same for support magic users.. Combat magic.. Be where you need to be for effectiveness.. Everyone else, do what you do best!"[/color] Alliaster then turned to Noah, [color=#008080]"Noah.. Since you have a rifle.. You won't mind if you hang back quiet a ways, will you? After all.. A sniper is best concealed, right? And with your situation.. I'd feel better if you were far from the fray.. Is that alright?"[/color]

Archived