Glyph- The Mark of the Soul [IC /Always Accepting/PG-16/Hosted by Gabriel Maeso]

Gabriel Maeso

Annie toweled off quickly, though drying her hair was proving difficult, but she took a seat as she vigorously rubbed the towel over her head to dry it as much as possible. She was a bit, ashamed about her outburst; she wasn't usually so violent about things. Aggressive at times; yes, but not violent. But her little dream had made her realize she was slipping into the damsel in distress niche, and she wasn't sure she wanted to be that person. Maybe she should have Zieg teacher a bit of self defense when things settled down. Either way... She gave her friend a level gaze from her spot, afraid to know what he was about to say, but also not willing to let him keep the burden to himself. "Okay, Zieg. You can tell me. I'll listen."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zieg sighed and said "It happened during the first 2 years I spent on the orphanage..."
[i]The first few months were hard...it wasn't diferent for any other there, but I was diferent...I was the only one with a Glyph[/i]..." Zieg put his hand over his left shoulder where his Glyph was located" ... [i]Because of it I was always outcasted...but it was when I had completed one year there that it all began...that day wasn't only my birthday...but was also "his"...and he came up with... a bloodspill..."[/i]Zieg's eyes narrowed and got slightly redish"[i]...at that time I didn't knew how to whield Gaeiriu, I just carried ti around as a memento of my father...but on that day[/i]... [i]I was at my usual corner on the outskirts of the yard we had there...some kids came to me and started to pick on me because of my glyph and that my father had one too, then they started to hit me and started saying more aggresive things...it wasn't the first time that they were doing that...it was when I ran out of pacience...I moved without thinking at first, I held this hilt with my left hand..." [/i]Zieg said putting Gaeiriu over the table "[i]...and I rushed for them, in a single strike 3 of them were flying into the air, my blade and my clothes stained with theyr blood... "[/i]Zieg's eyes turned completely red adn his face turned into a new expression, it wasn't him anymore it was now Sieg" ... [i]I looked over to the ones still standing as the corposes of those 3 fell on the ground, they ran screaming, it was so wonderfull to hear those screams, a bit that after medics and polive officers got to the place, the medics got the bodies to try to save them, a wasted effort, I had done a good job with that slash, it would need a full medical's unit for each one of them... [/i]"one of Zieg's eyes turned normal colored, his two selfs were cooperating to tell the story from both sides, his voice was weird since Zieg and Sieg's voices were diferent and both were saying the same things at the same time" [i]...the police came to us, they couldn't belive that a kid did that, and that a kid could wield a sword so well, luckly one of the police officers went oftenly to the orphanage, he knew us, and the eye color, he pointed that out, the kids then noticed it too, I was sent to do some tests, and the results came back after some days, a second personality had been crafted, I named it Siegfried, with a S insead of a Z, I kept Gaeiriu and lived my life, I started to train on how to use the sword for protection, instead of killing like Sieg..." [/i]Zieg's eyes went back to it's normal color "[i]...Sieg wasn't very active, he acted here and there sometimes... some years later, after the incident with... that man... after that day which you saw me kill, it wasn't only me... it was also Sieg, like fi we were one... he never acted after that...I hotught that he was gone...untill today..." [/i]Ziegfried finished he then looked over to Annie, to wait for her respose.

(whas is writen like [i]this [/i]is Zieg telling Annie what happening, )

Kazuya turned around the darkness still ciovering him whilst he made his way through the streets taking a couple of hours due to his not paying atention where he went but he managed to reach the hotel walking inside removing his dark disguise of shadows from his bvody as he walked up the stairs headed back to his room. "Seems like there's no-one here that interesting yet" he said loudly as he opened the door to their room before he noticed Kenshi wasn't inside. "hm.. probably tried to find me.. ohwell he'll be back soon" Kazuya then muttered to himself as he walked over near the sofa in the room laying down and switching the television on watching whatever was on it while he wasted time waiting for Kenshi.

------------------

Raito stepped through his door looking back to notice the cat had followed him he then took his shoes off and created a small path using the light from the lightbulbs inside his house the pathway leading to the cat and if stepped on would feel soft as a cushion though being strong enough to hold his weight let alone that of an animal such as a cat."come on in kitty.." he then said lightly kneeling slightly near the door waiting for the cat to come inside the house feeling happy about having the cat as a possible pet.

[i]Snap![/i]
A sound echoes in Fade's ears, waking him up. He rubbing his head and slowly opened his eyes, and searched for the sound. Fade found the source of the sound right under his right hand. All he saw was two pieces of a broken bone, human bone.
[i]Dafuq? How did this got here?[/i]
Fade half-awaked gets up, and just noticed that he was in a different place. The room was covered with human bones, mostly next to the corners.
"What in the hell is this?" Fade said with a startled tone. Then he heard a rustle on the left back corner where there are the most bones at. Fade curiously walked toward the rustling, and found a small child sitting on the corner rocking back and front. He inched closer to the small child, as he did the child stopped rocking, rised its head, and stared at Fade. The child's face made Fade's insides turned around. "What in the hell is this...?" he muttered. The child looked just like Fade, but a younger version.
"Why...why does it hurts...?" the boy finally talked, and started to cry softly. Then Fade became adnormal weak and fell to a blackout.

Annie sat in silence for a few heartbeats, not sure what to do or say. Here she had been thinking, insisting that it wasn't that bad, only to find out it really [i]was[/i] that bad. She had no idea what Zieg must have been gone through. She knew his time in the orphanage had been rough, but for it to be that bad... she swallowed nervously. She could hardly imaging what he must have gone through, what he must be going through right now. She had a flash of the wing faerie queen that she meet in her dream, and the living darkness. No, even that was probably just her conscience. Zieg needed help, and she wasn't sure it she knew what kind of help he needed. She slipped from her chair and silently gave Zieg a hug, squeezing him tightly.

~~~

Alley hopped away a bit, and slunk a foot or so back, belly pressed low to the ground, when the guy made the light path. He hissed at it, and bared his fangs, but it didn't do anything. Strange. Slowly, he approached it, and prodded it. Surprised that it was somewhat soft, he kneaded and nipped at it, trying to figure out what it was. Didn't taste like dirt, wood, stone or any other thing he knew. Kind of reminded him of silver light, but... Slowly, cautiously, he slunk up it, then scurried along it's length, rushing past the guy and inside before it vanished as fast as it appeared in the first place. He found a corner to hid behind, and glared at the path with open suspicion and unease, a bit of which was impressed on the guy.

Zieg lifted his head a bit when he noticed that Annie got up. When she huged him, he let out a small surprised moan, his mind stoped thinking and calmed down, for half a second he didn't knew nothing anymore, like if that moment was the only thing happening, as his mind got back to himself he huged Annie back confortably, he then slightly rested his head on her, he let out a small smile, for at least that brief of a moment he could relax of all of that, the events fo that same days years ago, for that morning and for Sieg. Zieg than muttered softly "...Thank you...thank you for beeing here..." he didn't knew if she was going to hear it or not, but that didn't went trough his mind when he said that. The phone than rang, it was probably Annie's father callign to say that he might get home late because of that rageful storm.

Rsito watched as the cat snniffed the path of light before beginning to move along it and into the house before it ran around a corner, Raito feeling as though the cat suspected the light possibly due to never having seen such a thing before he reasoned not quite sure how he got the impression of suspicion but knowing as he looked at it thats what it seems like, clicking his fingers the light then began to vanish a small remaining amount inside the building pulling the doors closed before disappearing completely. "It's okay kitty.. just light.." he then said softly as he crouched near the cat giving it quick scratch behind the ears before going to go get himself some food arriving back a few minutes later with cooked noodles in his bowl and some small amount of corned meat in another the latter he set on the ground not quite sure whether the cat should have it though not haing cat food yet.

Annie glanced at the phone, but didn't want to leave Zieg. Not for something selfish like that fact that she liked the feeling of having Zieg pressed against her, or that she was fantasying about pushing him… She focused and willed a butterfly into existence. It fluttered a bit around her them, then flew over to the phone, knocking the handset off the hook. Through her link with the butterfly, she heard her fathers voice.

"Annie, honey," his garbled voice came through. "I'm stuck here for a few hours until the storm eases up."

"O-okay Daddy," She said through the butterfly, a tad guiltily as she squeezed Zieg a bit tighter. "Me and Zieg will be fine. You take care of yourself." Her father garbled a few more apologized before disconnecting. Annie sent a few more butterflies to help the first lift it back into place.

~~~~

Weird lights from the guys hand. Cool. Maybe following this guy was a better idea than he first thought. He purred a bit at the bonus scratch, then started investigation the place when the guy wandered off. He sniffed around; the chair, doors, the guys clothes, getting a feel for the place and wear everything was. It was strange to be in a place that smelled so much like it was… owned, or living in. He was about to go hunting for the guy when he came back. With food. He hardly waited for the bowl to touch the floor before he dug into it. It wasn't something he knew, but he vaguely remembered tasting something like it before. No matter. It was good, so he slowed down a bit, since t wasn't going anywhere, and started savouring it.

Zieg noticed when Annie used the butterflies to answer the phone and put it back on the hang set, he blushed hardly for some reason and hugged Annie a bit tighter near him and softly kissed her head. A cold wind then came from the window and that made he realize that we was still all wet, if he don't take a shower soon he might get a cold he then muttered to Annie "Annie...I'm still soaked from the rain... I better go take a shower otherwise I might get a cold..." even saying that his mind and body didn't wanted to get away from Annie, he then completed "...you better take a shower later too... You got all wet from when I came in too..."

"Um, yeah... shower," Annie murmured. "You need to go take a shower... I need to take a shower too" Annie flushed suddenly as impure thoughts and visions flashed through her head. Her butterflies flickered their wings happily and that voice of the faerie queen popped up for some reason, telling her to fight. No. Bad Annie. Very bad Annie. "You were in the rain longest." She said abruptly, prancing to her feet. She scurried in the general direction of the kitchen, bumping into the table and chairs as she did. "Go. You and sh-shower and get clean and fresh and stuff. I'll stay and... and.... make soup! Yes! Soup. Soup is good for when you get wet. Very good. Very good soup."

Zieg watches as Annie went to the kitchen ans listened to her words, for some reason he couldn't kept his eyes off her, he watched her from behind as she got things to start the soup, he blushed hardly as he watched her, he then got back to his senses and muttered "Shower... I got to k take a shower..." Zieg got up and walked to his room and opened his wardrobe and got some clothes, just a shirt and pants, he then looked to the door of the wardrobe and saw a photo, it was he and Annie, it was from some month ago, he looked at it and smiled, he then closed the wardrobe and went to the bathroom, he locked the door and took of his shirt he unbraided his hair and turned on the water, he striped out of his clothes and got inside he bath, he started washing his hair, after he finished washing it he sighed loudly and sat as the water hit him and flew trough his body and was washed trough the drain, he then muttered to himself "Zieg...what are you doing...if you...if you at least tell her..." Zieg then rested his elbows on his knees and put his hand on his head and muttered again "no...not yet..." he then heard some knocks on the door and Annie's voice saying softly "Zieg?..." he freezed for a moment and then got up and turn off the water and said with a slighty failed voice "I..." Zieg then heard Annie ask himsoemthing but he dind't understood it, he then completed "...I will be out in a second...I will just put on my clothes..." he dryed himself and put on his underwear and pants and unlocked the door.

Felt like eternal, Fade opened his eyes again, and found himself standing in a different place, a school playground with the sun was setting turn the sky to red gold.
"Why am I getting these dreams?!" Fade put his hands on his face. Children screaming on the background interrupted his confusion, causing Fade to fall on his knees and fist the ground. He got the feeling that he know this place...and time. Then he went back to the children screaming, Fade grinned, gets up, and walked to where the children. Soon there were more sounds like metal scraping on metal, and voices as well. When he reached the place, an alley between the school and a building, there were blood everywhere, plus a trail of blood. He followed it running as fast as he can, and the screamings got louder. At last Fade saw what happened, there were seven little kids, looked like kindergarteners. Six out of the seven were surrounding the seventh lone one. But they were trying to get away, they were frozen in fear. The lone one was standing, covered in blood and has crazed eyes. Fade's head starts to hurt, and covered his head with his hands trying to sudside the headache he is having. The lone kind was him, his younger self. [i]I know this time![/i] Fade shouted in his mind, still shocked. As on cue, the younger Fade's shoulders began to bubble. Six arms materialized from his shoulders, almost like having their own minds, they started to spread out at the six kids who were trying to get up, but couldn't. Soon there were more blood everywhere, and on the young Fade. Then the older Fade was watching the same as the younger one was. Fade helplessly watched as more people gather near to the young Fade and how they met their fates. Fade closed his eyes tightly, and everything went to an eternal silence.
Fade open his eyes and saw that he was back to his room. For some reason, Fade was standing and had his right arm stretched. But something wasn't right at all.

It had taken all of Annie's will to knock on the door. By the time Zieg responded, most of that will was long gone. "I... I.." she stammered hesitantly. She mumbled something that she was sure Zieg couldn't here. She was afraid. Afraid to say it. Even to herself. She clutched tightly at the rag she held, twisting it in her nervousness. Behind that door... behind that door Zieg was... She flushed again.This was getting ridiculous. She had to get over this little problem of hers. It was never that bad before. And Dad had to choose that day to work late. She really needed a buffer between her and Zieg right about now. Otherwise, she would either make a fool of herself, or do something she might regret later. She blushed again. Or maybe not.

"Um.. Zeig... I... NO, let me... um..." She couldn't. Not yet at least. "Your soup is ready," she sighed, embarrassed as much over what she wanted to say as she was over the fact that she couldn't say it.

Zieg leaned his head on the door and listened to Annie's words, e muttered to himself making sure that Annie wouldn't hear "Y-yes you can...." he then heard that his soup was ready, he then put on his shirt and opened up the door and said for Annie "W-would you share it with me?" his mind kept repeating "IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! She is your best friend, what are you saying?!"

---------------------------

7 shadows ran across that cir during the storm, they ran separated ways, one of them Allred a man walking in the rain it took if a weird binocular from it's black cloack, he seemed big, he looked to that man with his binocular and muttered "Well well, what we have here?" and grinned widely. Another of those shadows was sit on a roof looking inside another building with the same binoculars as the other shadow, but this shadow looked more skinny, the cloak suited it perfectly for it's female figure, it watched inside the building, Kazuya, layer on a bed and said "Uuuuuh! sexy!", meanwhile, a absurdly skinny shadow, but with still a male figure was unhooded, it had a white hair and face, it was looking to Zieg and Annie it then muttered " UGH! Why I always get stucked with watching idiots couples UGH! With didn't they put D. Up to this one!". On a ruined building there was another shadow was looking to someone, it was laughing and sayin " Kyahahahahahaha! He did that and yet she is still up! Kyahahahahahaha!". In another place one was spying on someone else, it was just muttering "Why did they woke me up at this hour just to watch a kid and a cat? *yawns*".

As Raito finished his food he took the bowl and placed it in the sink before walking up the hallway and into his bedroom turning the light on. Manipulating the light in the room and hallway he then created a weak but sticky barrier covering his walls, doorway and open window the light possibly blinding anyone if they were looking at the window at the time as he then further manipulated some light to make his mattress softer whilst he laid there. Raito then looked into the light as he closed his eyes "[]Thy lord please allow thy lost ones to remain in such a being's good graces[/i]" he though praying before he went to sleep the light staying there.

Oh my. Impure thoughts flashed through her mind, and the Faerie Queen's words echoed through her mind. [i]Fight![/i] Okay then, enough of that. Her heart pounded and her cheeks flushed. If she kept this up, she was going to have either a heart attack, or high blood pressure. Sharing soup with Fri-fri... Oh dear. "Um.. no.. I have to... get cleaned up... shower. Yes. Shower." She pushed Zieg away from the door and ran in, locking it behind her. "Your soup is on the counter in the kitchen. You can't miss it." She sighed and held her chest. She really wanted her father to come home right about now. Otherwise things would get rather heated.

~~~~

Alley licked his chops after he gulped down the last bit of the food. Even if light-guy was a but strange, with his light tricks and all, his place was nice and warm and filled with tasty food. Worth hanging around for. Besides, his warehouse wasn't going to miss him, and no one else was about to move in while he was gone. It was condemned, and the local homeless preferred more shelter locations than his place could provide. He sniffed around a bit more, before wandering into the bedroom. Paused, waiting for a few minutes, his tail twitching with uncertainty. He hopped up unto the bed and curled up on light-guy's chest.

Zieg got pushed and slighty moan in surprise, the door was locked and he heard Annie's words he then silently sighed and then said "Okay, I leave some soup for you too." he then head for the kitchen and got some soup for himself, he was starving, he hadn't eat anything that day and had trained a lot too, he drank his soup in one single sip, it was delicious, but absurdly hot, well it was a soup, and no one told him to drink it in just one sip. he then drank a glass of water to cool down, he looked outside, to that dark rainy night, he then muttered "And to think that this started as such a beautifull day..." he then heard some noises on the living room, but it was just the wind and an open window, he then closed it and realized Gaeiriu was stil on the table, he took it and head for his room, he turned on the lights as he got in adn rested Gaeiriu on it's proper resting place, which he made it himself, he then decided to wait at the living room to make Annie company later, when she would get soup for herself. He laid on the couch and looked trough the window to kill soe time as he waited.

--------------------------------------

The Unhooded shadow said "Stupid teenagers couples..." when Annie pushed Zieg, he then got up and simply ran away, vanishisng in the dark night. The one that was watching Raito and Alley screamed when Raito turned the lighs all up, he then said angrily "AH! DAMN IT! UGH! MY EYES!" he rubbed his eyes so he could see again, he then noticed he made too much noyse and decided to rush away before anybody could see him.

Kenshin wandered around through the dark city unaware of where Kazuya had went as he continued to search, using his glyph powers to ignite himself as he transformed before using the wings formed by his glyph's power to fly along with the light from the flames revealing land below. "[i]where could he have gone to?[/i]" Kenshin though to himself while he flew roughly the height of second story building looking below himself and finding nothing as he turned down an alleyway suspecting his brother would be somewhere like that as he moved through the air his search so far fruitless in finding anyone.

Ziegfried woke up in the next morning, he was covered in a blanket and had a pillow behind his head, he must had fallen asleep while waiting for Annie and she had covered him so he won't get cold. He sat on the couch and scratched his head, he smiled to himself and looked to the clock they had on the living room, it was still 5:30 AM, he got upa nd folded the blanket, he looked to the eating table adn there were 2 soup bowls there, Annie's father had came home safely, and due to the time he was probably still sleeping now. Zieg streached his arms and took the pillow and the blanket to his room, as he passed trough Annie's room he saw that the door was opened, he decided to see if she was okay, she was sleeping deeply and calmly, like if nothign had happened on the other day, but her blanket had fell of the bed, he went to cover her with his since hers had fell of the bed it needed to be cleaned, when he got ot her he ntoiced that she was hugging his jacket tight, he smiled adn covered her and took her blanket to be cleaned, he then took a quick shower to be sure ot not wake up anyone, he got out on his regular outfit, jeens, short boots, and slight opened polo shirt, he walked up to the living room as he braided his hair he looked to the clock again, it was still 5:45, he tehn wahsed the dishes that were used yesterday. when he finished he dryed his hands and went back to his room and got Gaeiriu and placed it at his waist, he then heard a unusal noise from outside, he then walked to the front door and opened it and got out, he saw a man walking slowly towards the house, it seemed like he had lost his way during the storm, he was all soaked and looked very tired Zieg gave some steps towards him and asked "Who are you? Need any help?"

OoC: Yeah, we had a little time skip for the following morning. Grey, feel free to post anything you want that Annie or Alley had done on theat night, ANBU and Accel, post from the time skip.

Kenshin stood outside on the pathway in front of a house completely exhausted due to his time walking and using his powers the previous night in an attempt to find his brother having run out of stamina needed to use his power at around 2 am and had since then walked, not able to find his way in the darkness the storm provided. He then started to walked towards the front door very slowly, the water in his clothes weighing him down causing him to move even slower due to his exhaustion, seeing some opening the door and stepping out to ask if he needed help. "Ke..Ke..nshin.." he had managed to get out between breaths as he stopped moving and tried to catch his breath. Kenshin then stood there for a few seconds as he caught his breath enough to talk somewhat "Have you seen my brother.. about this high..." he then said holding one his hands up roughly his brother's height, "grey eyes.. probably starting... a fight.." he then said as he breathed hoping tht the person had seen his brother.

Annie snuck out of the shower about an hour or so later, having used up all the hot water before finally leaving the room. Her caution was a bit misplaced, as she found Zieg asleep on the couch. For a moment, she was outraged that Zieg would fall asleep, especially after she went through all that heart break ad stress over seeing him. Her butterflies appeared and sharp spines jutted from their wings before she caught herself and they faded away. She blinked, realizing that she really needed to get a handle on those things before something really bad happened because of them.

But she noticed that he was just on the couch. She sighed, realizing that Zieg was out in the open. "Honestly," she murmured silently. "You are helpless without me." She found a blanket and carefully covered him with it. she watched him for a minute or so, before she slunk to the ground beside the couch, hugging his jacket she found laying nearby. she eventually dozed off there, lulled by the sound of his breathing. The sound of a key in the lock woke her, and she scampered for her room before he came in. On her bed, she panicked, not sure of what happened in the last few hours. Hearing her father's footsteps, she squirmed under the covers and squeezed her eyes shut, eventually falling back asleep in that position, not waking when Zieg came in and did for her what she did for him, though she did smile a bit.

Archived