Yu Gi Oh! Role Play: The Revival [REGISTRATION ARCHIVE] [Not Started/Accepting] [PG-12]

[SPOILER=Plot]
The RP takes place, YEARS after Yu Gi Oh! Zexal, the most recent series out at the moment.

You are a duelist, who has just woken up from a long coma, only to see the souls of Duel Monsters and of course, crossovers with life itself, and the 4 main Yu Gi Oh! franchises.

As the main characters of Yu Gi Oh! don't exist PHYSICALLY in the society you'll be facing. You must duel the remaining souls that remain in the following societies; The life-visualising universe, AND the other 4 Yu Gi Oh! series, which includes the original Yu Gi Oh, GX, 5D's and of course, Zexal. However, your task would be dueling these lost souls, often named as Soulless, convincing them to return to their human form, if you're lucky...

All you are allowed help from, are duel monsters of your own, that's about it. So, are you prepared? Or, are you about to face the consequences, no one else would face? Who will know? The future generation begins...

You read this letter from the main protagonists from 4 franchises mentioned, starting with the original Yu Gi Oh!, Yu Gi Oh! GX, Yu Gi Oh! 5D's and Yu Gi Oh! Zexal, before moving on to reading a letter from the main character of the RP himself, Ron...

Will you be able to make it through, or are you going to be stuck in one universe, for all eternity?

Now, read those letters below, and take them with you in your journey...
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Letters]
[SPOILER=Letter 01 (Yu Gi Oh!)]
To all duelists,

You have just risen from coma, but you'll have to find me... I, Yugi, shall be guiding you through this process, but it won't be an easy path... Be careful with what you take... Since the wrong one shall bring you back to the unwanted... But, lest we forget... You will either be a duelist, or the souless... Two opposing teams... Which will it be? You don't start at the Yu Gi Oh! universe... But, elsewhere... But, more information will be mentioned, as you read through...

Good Luck to all,

Yugi Moto.
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Letter 02 (Yu Gi Oh! GX)]
Hey, duelists...

It's Jaden, and I must say... Congrats for waking up from coma... But I'm not convinced you'll be able to make it as far... Duelist or Soulless; like myself, you still won't make it very far... You can't start at Duel Academy... That will come second... However, the two opposing teams will go fighting against each other... Not an easy path, in my opinion... But, we'll see... Would it be eternal nightmare, or will it be an exit clear to you?

I wish y'all the best, man...

Jaden Yuki.
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Letter 03 (Yu Gi Oh! 5D's)]
To all duelists...

The name's Yusei... To guide you from your coma, there are duel spirits, wanting to go against you... However, you won't find them there at the moment... So, Neo Domino City isn't the place for you, not yet... I want you to start at the universe mentioned in Letter 05, which is a life-like visualisation... This is where the duel spirits are... There, I've given it away for your sake... At the end of your journey, you'll be able to join up the exits of the 5 universes and you're able to get a free life. Not like me, though... I'm a soulless...

I hope you guys make it, but unfortunately, I can't be there, physically to help you...

Yusei Fudo
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Letter 04 (Yu Gi Oh! Zexal)]
To all duelists...

Hi, I'm Yuma! Unfortunately, I can't help you on your task, since I'm a Soulless being, and don't exist at all, as a human being... I see you have woken up from a long coma... Sorry to hear, but anyhow... My universe isn't the place to start out with... Not yet anyway... But, you will reach there, last... As you MUST duel all of the main characters from all Yu Gi Oh! Franchises... Plus one extra guy... That dude there, looks like a necromancer, but I dunno, he looked nice, and seemed nice... Anyway, I must go...

I hope you guys make it here.... I'm ready to show you what I got!

Yuma Tsukumo
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Letter 05 (From the main protagonist of this RP)]
To all duelists,

My name is Ron, a main character of this RP. Unfortunately, I'm the soulless one around here, I merely exist, unless you make an exit for us to get out... I am neither a duelist, or a spirit... Just a Soulless. You will start in my universe, a life-like visualisation in the United Kingdom, taking place in the year 2100, the fall of my empire. To get out of this universe, you must duel against 5 major dueling spirits... Jinzo, Dark Magician Girl, Dark Magician and Buster Blader, before dueling my soul. After dueling these souls, I will open a portal to the nest universe, which leads you to Duel Academy... More information to be revealed...

I wish you the best of luck, but... Do you need it? I'll give you this, to kickstart your journey...

[SPOILER=Ron's Card]
Ron

3400/2400

Lore: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card gains 100 ATK for every Equip Spell Card equipped to it. This card can attack once for every Equip Card equipped to it. When this card attacks another Monster, that Monster is Banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. As a consequence, you must pay 500 Life Points for every Monster Banished at the End Phase.
[/SPOILER]

Now, use that card wisely, and remember... It isn't going to an easy journey...

From,
Ron Yim.
[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Rules]
1. Read ALL RP rules before applying.

1a. Stick to the plot, please...

2. No Godmodding, Power Playing, Meta-gaming... None of that.

3. Advanced Clause MUST be followed. 5 lines is the bare minimum here.

4. Near-perfect grammar, please. If you don't know your grammar, then look it up...

5. You WILL be having multiple characters, so make your texts clear by colouring them according to dialogue.

6. Make your applications neat and tidy. I can't, and WON'T tell you to clean up after yourself.

7. I tend to hate inactivity, so first come, first serve! If you reserve, I'll let you, but charnces are, your place will get knocked off by another pending RPer who has submitted their app before you, so I recommend NOT reserving.

8. This RP serves a rating of PG-12, so keep gore, violence and swearing OFF this RP.

9. To prove that you have read the rules, you MUST colour AT LEAST one word in your app, AND type: 'I have read all the rules, and I must obey them at all other times'

[b]First Note: I WON'T be running a Banning System, however, if you break the rules MORE THAN 3 times, you will be OUT. The ban varies.[/b]

[b]First Note Part 2: Since the Banning System won't run on here, I know the 3-strike-and-you're-out process is a bit much, but here it is, in detail: First strike would equal a warning from me, Second strike would equal a second warning and a breather for 48 hours without posting, then the Third and last strike would equal a ban for however many days I shall issue you. It could be for good, so watch your mouths.[/b]

[b]Second Note: Play fair... Don't overpower your cards...[/b]

[b]Third Note: The host, has his final say. Okay?[/b]

[b]Fourth Note: About the near-perfect grammar rule, it doesn't have to be 100% perfect, as long as it's acceptable in ALL RP franchises, including original ones, hence why this one isn't as harsh as the other RPs I take part in.[/b]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Application]
Name:

Duelist/Soulless:

Appearance: (Picture is fine, but support with description. Otherwise, 5+ lines, please)

Biography: (10+ lines, please. If you're playing as a character from another RP, or another franchise, you can either copy/paste their bio in this one, or make a fresh one.)

Height: (Be reasonable)

Weight: (Be reasonable)

Original Franchise: (If applicable)

Deck Recipes: (Both Duelists and Soullesses can have Deck Recipes, although Soullesses rarely have them)
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Sample Application]
Name: Ron Yim

Duelist/Soulless: Soulless

Appearance: Ron has red eyes and gray hair, but this is because he has died young in his universe. He uses these times to make up for his illness by excessively exercising his strength. Now, a Souless, he wears a tattered shirt with stitches and ripped shorts. Ron also wore a pirate's hat to represent his Soulessness from his own universe, and teams up with the 4 main characters from all 4 Yu Gi Oh! franchises, and thus wears a badge the represent his franchise. Ron has a fairly large build, with a broken nose and a cut upper lip. He also sports a broken jaw, due to the fights he has been through in his universe and also, unsurprisingly, has veins popping out of his arms, to represent how much of a necromancer he was. Ron only holds one Deck Recipe, so therefore hangs his deck on his left chest with a deck holder.

Biography: Born in the year 1994, with Chinese parents, he lived his life with them until the year 2013, when he defected from his family, and decided to start a new empire. The empire was called [color=#800080]The Yim Empire[/color], the empire he once resided as Emperor before he joined this RP, becoming one of the Soulless. His universe takes place in the events after [color=#800080]The Yim Empire[/color] fell, in the year 2100, with a fair amount of Duel Monsters invading his town. All Ron could ever do, was watch his back, and his universe, as a mere soul. His deck consists of Custom Cards and of course, existing cards. Since the release of Xyz cards, he began making a deck, to match his legacy, but rarely ever uses it. Ron survived his life with 3 children, as well as 4 grandchildren posthumously. His posthumous grand daughter, Elisha 'Elle' Uchigya will be part of this RP as well, but not the rest of his family, since his grand daugher was the only girl who knew how to duel other than his brother and son-in-law. However, during his time in this Yu Gi Oh! RP, all he ever experienced, was grief, and nothingness, ever since his soul was taken away. The only way to save him from his grief and from being Soulless, is to duel his spirit, as it will happen in the RP. He often relies, nowadays, to his grand daughter, Elisha, to bring his soul back, but he has doubts about how everything will end, which is the reason why he relied on his grand daugher from his universe. To make up for his losses in the previous Yu Gi Oh! RP franchises he has been to, he re-designs his whole deck structure so that he would be able to defeat every single duelist. But, will he? Who knows? He may even bring his deck to absolute disaster, and not want it at all? So, he, as a Soulless, has come up with a Balanced Deck... To reflect his feelings...

Height: 165cm

Weight: 53kg

Original Franchise: L.O.N.E

Deck Recipes: The Soulless' Legacy

'I have read all the rules, and I must obey them at all other times'
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Characters]
Bold: Cannot be taken
Gray: Occupied
Auto Text: Custom Characters
Gold: NPCs, cannot be taken.

[u][b]Duelists[/b][/u]

-- [color=#FFD700]Elle Uchigya[/color]

--

[u][b]Soullesses[/b][/u]

-- [color=#808080]Ron Yim[/color]

-- [color=#FFD700]Yugi Moto[/color]

-- [color=#FFD700]Jaden Yuki[/color]

-- [color=#FFD700]Yusei Fudo[/color]

-- [color=#FFD700]Yuma Tsukumo[/color]

--
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Participants]
1. Dark Necromancer (Characters: 1)

[/SPOILER]

Time for a few things to nitpick about.
1. Why are you doing a tie-in to another RP? What's wrong with making this a stand-alone RP?
2. The plot doesn't make any sense. I cannot tell what is going on.
3. What are the soulless? How do you become soulless?
4. If our character cannot be from DM, GX, 5D's, or ZEXAL, why do you also say they are from DM, GX, 5D's, or ZEXAL? Contradiction much?
5. Mandatory line requirements are not going to help. And how do you determine who is in whichever of the SIX levels of roleplaying you have listed?
6. Your character is so totally a Mary-Sue. No God-modding my armored posterior.
7. And finally, from the rules, it seems you are hoping for the perfect RP. A wise man once told me "expect the best, plan for the worst". I don't see much planning for the worst, other than a perma-ban (and kicking out is the same as a permanent ban) rule.

Hmm... Okay. I'll strengthen the plot up slightly, and I appreciate your opinions. Perhaps, I could change a few things about the RP, as it IS Yu Gi Oh-based... I also forgot to mention, you ARE allowed characters from the actual franchise, but the main characters themselves don't exist physically, naming them 'Soulless'.

Archived