Light Type Deck

Ænema

So I just opened my box of old yugioh cards. They've been left in the corner of my wardrobe, dust settling for years. And I find some cards with an elastic band around them. I figured that was my old deck I used to use. Must have decided to use all light types because thats all there is. No idea if its good, probably not though.

[u]Monsters (17)[/u]

1 The Creator
1 Felgrand Dragon
1 Majestic Mech - Goryu
2 Kaiser Sea Horse
3 Disciple of the Forbidden Spell
2 Shining Angel
1 The Creator Incarnate
1 Herald of Creation
1 Time Wizard
1 Guardian Angel Joan
1 Electric Virus
1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
1 Honest

[u]Spell Cards ( 8 )[/u]

1 Soul Exchange
1 Monster Reborn
1 Delta Attacker
1 Heavy Storm
1 Trade-In
1 Foolish Burial
1 Mystik Wok
1 Malevolent Nuzzler

[u]Trap Cards (15)[/u]

1 A Rival Appears!
1 Sakuretsu Armour
1 Enchanted Javelin
1 Backup Soldier
1 Taunt
1 Draining Shield
1 Shift
1 Ultimate Offering
1 Magic Cylinder
1 Grave Lure
1 Waboku
1 Dust Tornado
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Fake Trap
1 Burst Breath

[quote name='T3RA PROWL3R' timestamp='1320182893' post='5611390']
Honest.
[/quote]

^^^This. Honest is arguably the best LIGHT-support card in the game.

Another thing: I see that you have [b]Premature Burial[/b],[b] Last Will[/b], and[b] Change of Heart[/b]. Those cards are currently [u]Banned [/u]in Advanced Format. Check the Ban List that's stickied in this section. That's the up-to-date list. Unless you want to play Traditional, in which case they're fine, but there are so many more Trad Format staples you need to add in that case.

A few tips: Pick a better theme. LIGHT is an attribute, not a theme. The reason for this is that it's way, way too broad. There are way too many LIGHT monsters to be able to make a single deck out of them. Also, cut four cards too keep the deck at 40. You have a better chance of drawing your best cards with a smaller deck.

Finally, stop running highlander style. Highlander means that most or all of your cards are being run at 1. Having 3 copies (Unless the Ban List interferes) makes them easier to draw. Add more things like 3 BEWD, 3 copies of Trade-In, 3 Mystical Space Typhoon and so on. I can see this being a "The Creator" Deck if that's the way you want to go.

Try something like this:

Monsters: 19
3x Goryu
3x Creator
2x Gilford
3x Creator Incarnate
3x Kaiser Sea Horse
1x Honest
3x Ryko
1x Morphing Jar

Spells: 13
3x Trade-In
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Book of Moon
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Dark Hole
1x Foolish Burial
1x Charge of the Light Brigade

Traps: 8
2x Call of the Haunted
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
2x Dust Tornado
2x Bottomless Trap Hole

It's basically 3 copies of the "Rise of the Dragon Lords" Structure Deck with a Ryko engine and a few cheap Staples added. I'm not precisely sure what your budget is, so I just went with that.

You also might want to try other LIGHT-based themes such as: Lightsworns, Ojamas, Cyber Dragons, Agents, VWXYZ, or Heralds.

Archived