~Digimon: Paladins of the Boundary~

Hydra of Ages

Nuriel knew something was wrong the moment that he opened his eyes.

Somehow, he had up lying down on his back- which wasn't so much a problem, as the implications of it were. Considering he hadn't slept in a week, suddenly having chosen to do so was unlikely. Even more so, what he was looking at was a strange grassland, with most of the greenery cut down to a manageable- though not absolutely precise- level. That spoke of realms of complexity- which realm would bother making blades of grass that were purposely uneven? It would be a waste of time, and also resources- there were a couple trees lining a border a yard or two away that looked downright tiny. Only two meters high, at absolutely most- whoever managed the greenery of this area obviously had some interesting tastes.

The second thing he noticed was the [i]intense, crippling pain. [/i]

He screamed up at the sky, back arcing from the burning sensation that was running across his entire body. His wings had become so numb he couldn't even feel them- in fact, as he thrashed around, he didn't see them at all. The implications of that sunk in over a few additional seconds of contorting.

"WHERE ARE MY WINGS?!" he demanded through the pain, trying to pull himself up and failing primarily. Every tendon felt like it was on fire- even trying to co-ordinate his body for something as simple as standing up was absolutely impossible. He twisted, turned and tried to stand up as many times as he could- but it simply wouldn't work. It was as if the air had turned into acid- every breath shot a new burst of pain through his body. He fought against it as much as he could, but it was inevitable- as darkness started to encroach at the ends of his eyes, his body gave out and he flopped back on his back, staring out at the sky.

The sky was strange. Blue, but filled with strange-looking cloud; less substantial than in the Holy Realms, too imperfect to be from one of the Mundane Realms. It wasn't as if it was completely wrong, but... something about the blueness in the sky hinted at something, something going... [i]wrong. [/i]Then his eyes flicked over half a movement, and he saw something that REALLY made him jump.

The Boundary... and HALF of Castle Corbin.

The Boundary, usually a solid wall near-impossible to describe to people who weren't able to see it, a two-dimensional plane that crossed a five-dimensional space... was opaque. The chaotic swirls of memories, ideas and concepts as they were transformed into data was normally a bright and colorful vortex, impossible to watch for too long without going mad. As it was now, it was a solid line of... white. Or black, it was difficult to tell; even now the Boundary defied explanation, but it was certainly a lot less detailed now. The warning bells that had gone off in Nuriel's mind were full-fledged gongs now.

The castle itself wasn't looking too healthy either- the entire West Wing had been demolished somehow, explaining his current state; the Paladins had been meeting in the West Wing when whatever had happened, happened. Evidently the destruction had been enough to throw Nuriel to where-ever he rested, but... where could the others be? And why was the Castle seemingly jammed into the side of the Boundary, held in there like a splintered half of wood?

"Uhm... Excuse me, are you alright?" a voice asked him. He turned to look into the face of a girl- rounded, with brown hair, brown eyes, and various green clothing- including an odd cap. She looked confused, maybe slightly frightened... but mostly curious. "You were screaming pretty good there. I called 911."

A strange thing, to find such a humanoid digimon in a place. But no- if the Castle had fallen, that must mean they were on the wrong side of the Boundary- that meant this was a human. And... what about his own transformation?

He ran a hand over himself briefly. No wings, taller than his Child state if otherwise similar. He appeared to be wearing a waistcoat and a coat of some form- he frowned, and thought closely to himself- smiling to find that his Digicore reacted. For some reason, he appeared to be disguised as a human, even if his core was still fine. Perhaps it was some sort of emergency function of Corbin- or his Paladin Symbol. Usually, the Symbol allowed a Paladin to make themselves invisible to the human eye... but he hadn't heard of a disguise function before.

"...I...am fine," he lied. Even in this state, it was imperative they not alert the human population of themselves- that would, of course, make them scarcely any better than the rogues they hunted.

The girl raised an eyebrow. "And your friends?" she asked, pointing to a variety of unconscious forms laying about on the grass. "And what's that thing?" she asked, pointing at the symbol attached to his left side- evidently, his Paladin symbol had taken the form of a pin attached to a light blue ribbon, and it was glowing bright blue in response to his pain.

He focused a little to make the symbol settle down- the crossed wing dulled back to a normal metal color. "My friends?" he asked guardedly, moving his head to check what the other unconscious forms looked like. They were all humans- unfamiliar, even if they did give him the oddest feeling. Most likely the other knights, having been transformed just as he was.

With a sigh, he slumped back on the ground again. Now what could they do? Stranded in an largely unfamiliar world, mostly powerless- something was going on, and it frustrated him that he didn't know what it was.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Hiargon rose his body up with his eyes closed, suddenly there was a lot Vroosh sounds coming from infront and behind Hiargon. Hiargon's eyes bolted open expecting an enemy to attack him. Hiargon looked around noticing that he was in a narrow space with light enter from above, and to openings in front and behind him.[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Ugh what happened? Where am I" Hiargon said than scratched his head. Hiargon noticed that there was fur on his head. "What THE..." Hiargon said than looked down noticing that his appearance was different than usual. Hiargon looked around for something reflective than noticed a small puddle of water. Hiargon looked down into the puddle water staring at his human-self. "Why do i look like this? What is going on I was never told about this." Hiargon said in a pancing voice than he looked around at the strange place he ended up. [/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Hiargon noticed the moving objects and humaniod creatures. "Is this the human world? That i was informed about?" Hiargon questioned himself quietly.
"I guess i better look around first" Hiargon said taking a few steps out of the alley he was in. Hiargon than started to walk north of were he started.[/font]

Roran held his head, as he sat up. It felt like his very skull itself had been replaced by solid fire, shortly though the pain seemed to fade away. The place he found himself was very much like the villiage he grew up with. Trees of various sizes, and grass cut messily by a dulled blade. He reached for the sword that normally hung from his side on instinct, but found instead a small phone with a charm. He looked over what he was wearing. The shirt was very much like the tunic of his squiremon form. White with the edges of the arms, and neck trimmed with a goldish color. His pants were made of a fabric he remembered vaguely was called denim. The shoes on his feet were different than the boots he normally wore, but he wouldn't complain because the white shoes seemed were confortable. His hair seemed to be the same for a few strands that came loose in his hands were the same brown color as the hair he had kept in all of his digivolutions, although his hair was much shorter than he was used to having had a ponytail for the longest time. Looking closer at his surroundings he found himself in what he would describe as a park. There was a man wearing a trenchcoat talking to a young child in nearly all green. he stood up, and dusted off his pants, before walking over to the two.

[i]"Hello sir, and young miss. May I ask where it is that I have found myself?[/i]" Roran said to both the man, and the child being unaware that they were in the human world. His change in form should have tipped him off that something was wrong, but because he had always been humanoid in appearance for as long as he remembered, it bothered him little. Something didn't feel right though, and he was interested in what kind of zone he found himself in as he didn't recognize the digimon species he saw.

Sama'el awoke in the only dirt patch within the grass field. The intense pain making him seeth. "What treachery is this?" He picked up the dirt examining it, smelling it and finally...eating it "Oh good Yggsdrasil! That is horrible! My it appears whatever I have landed in is... Some form of earth in a small form of grains..."

Still writhing in pain yet fascinated by the 'dirt' Sama'el then sat up immediately noticing the contours of his legs. "What is this? My fur! Why just a few moments ago I was a Xiaomon eating a can of diginoir..." He then focused on his upper body. "Eh? What is this fabric on my body? It must be a new armor! Perhaps this is a training exercise!.. No if it were I'm sure we would have been attacked already such is the difficulty of being a paladin... And I'm sure my companions would not be...lying here"

Sama'el noticed the swirling vortex of rainbow colors and half of castle Corbin. "By Yggdrasil...What has happened here?" "Seeing Nuriel conversing with the strange being he jumped to conclusions and lunged still believing his clothes being armor. "You fiend! Die for your treachery!"

Jaxon had laid down, awake, for a long time. He wasn't sure if he had awoken before Nuriel, but he had heard his conversation with the human. Jaxon had already come to terms with his transformation. He didn't like it, but he accepted it, for he knew it was necessary to prevent the humans from learning of their secret. As he laid there the other knight Sama'el jumped towards the human, but Jaxon reacted faster than that and grabbed Sama's leg, trying to make him fall.

"It's a human, you moron!" He said, still holding the other knight's leg. He spoke quietly to prevent the human from hearing what they spoke off. "You're, and I am, a human too, for now. I don't know why, but that's the way it is!"

"Ah... I guess that was stupid on my part... My apologies milady. *Whispered[i] What in the world is happening[/i]?" Sama'el then easily shrugged off Jaxon's arm and stood up. "I suppose I should awaken the other...uhm people." Sama'el walked over to one of the nearest paladins and gave them one of his... Special awakenings "Wake up!" he said as he kicked the unfortunate paladin to receive it

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Hiargon walked around the new area he found himself not without taking a look up at the sky. Hiargon than took alot down at his humaniod arms and the clothes he was wearing. [i]'Well at least these cloths resemble my real form color wise.' [/i]taking note of the black patch with a orangish shape inside of it on his shoulders trying to figure out what it was for. After a brief moment, '[i]O right its my paladin symbol. how could i forget that' [/i]he though to himself chuckling. Hiargon started to admire his new appearance the more thought about it. "Well at least the wrist bands should make it easy for the others to locate me possibly" he said alot as he looked at the yellowish orbs on each wrist band. He than shrugged his shoulders than took a look up at the sky. "What the..." Hiargon said quietly to himself as he saw the castle partly sticking out of some wierd vortex. '[i]Ok i seriously need to find someone to explain what the heck is going on around" [/i]Hiargon thought to himself.[/font]

[color=red]"Ugh..." Meggi muttered, looking around and attempting to take stock of her surroundings, though the giant sledgehammers pounding on her skull didn't make that a very easy task, "OK...." she said, taking a breath and attempting to sit up, "GAH! Yeah, OK, OK, sitting up, not happening..." She let out a sigh and started thinking, "OK, I've got skin now, that's a change." She said, thinking out loud, "Can't feel my tail and there's something on my head... Hair?" The Guilmon's pounding headache slowed her thought process and prevented her from making the obvious connection, "Think, Meg, think..." She muttered, skin, hair, no tail... Skin, hair, no tail..." She growled and ran her fingers down her face, opening her eyes and finally realizing what happened, "Oh f*ck me, I'm human." She said before noticing the people around her, the other Paladins and some regular humans that have gathered around the group by this point. Her eyes immediately went to the females in the group and their clothes, "Oh f*ck yes I'm a human. WOOO HOOO!!!" She said, cheering, suddenly forgetting the massive headache until it came back with a vengeance, "Ow, ow, ow, OK, OK, glee, not happening either."[/color]

"...OK, what the Hell is wrong with that chick in the leather?" One incredulous onlooker asked the guy next to him.

Roran, Jaxon, Sama'el and Meggi had awoken by now and it appeared that Hiargon was nowhere to be found, for better or worse. Nuriel closed his eyes in order to ward off the headache he knew had nothing to do with his injuries.

"Roran, it is I, Nuriel," he said to the former magister that hadn't quite pieced together the dots yet.

"Our allies are with us, save one. We should attempt to find Hiargon as soon as possible," he continued, this time addressing the congregated Paladins on a whole. The unsaid '[i]before he does anything stupid[/i]' reverberated painfully in his skull, so he simply tried not to think about how one of the least calm and restrained Paladins was loose upon the human world in a best-case scenario. If they were less fortunate, he had been killed in the blast and they were already down a man- but he didn't want to start assuming the worst quite yet.

"Uhm, excuse me?" the girl added mildly, "I don't want to butt into... whatever it is you're doing... but it would probably be best if you just waited for 911 to get here. I don't think it would be smart to leave without at least checking to see if anything's permanently damaged..."

Nuriel would have agreed, if seeing human physicians weren't a horrible idea as it were- they were causing enough stir in the crowd just by being themselves in the general vicinity.

Meggi called out loudly for some reason for another, causing another round of stirrings and mumblings. Nuriel shook his head and sighed a little, fears quickly becoming confirmed. He prodded at his Paladin Symbol a couple times, trying to see if it would allow him to phase into invisibility again, and failed continuously.

"Very well, Miss. Paladins;" he stood up straight and addressed the others, trying to seem authoritative despite his odd form and succeeding only mildly. Nuriel didn't consider himself much of a leader, but there was very little to do at this point except offer suggestions to the group and then beat it like hell to whatever safe spot they could find.

"First, recover yourselves. Make certain you are steady on your two feet,"

Then, after he was certain everyone was up to the task he continued.

"Then... RUN!" he declared loudly, turning and speeding quickly away from the incredulous crowd. Human legs were unweildly, but simple enough to get used to- it appeared that nobody wanted to chase them, in any case.

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]As Hiargon stared up in confusion at the warpped castle he thought to himself [i]'Well no more time to stare at the sky doing. Might as well scout of the area, and see if i can locate my comrades.' [/i]Hiargon proceed to walk down the starts look at large number of humans in the area. [i]'Wow I never knew there were so many humans. Most of the digital world isn't this crowded.' [/i]Hiargon thought to himself moving along looking around in awe. [i]'Wonder how far I am from the others. Well, better yet how will I even know if run into them if they are the same as me stick in a human form.' [/i]Hiargon thought trying to figure out what to do in his situation as he continued to walk around the area.[/font]

Startled Sama'el began running in the direction Nuriel had. Strangely enough he ran on all fours. "What is with these human legs in front of me? they are much more functional than my hind legs..." Being comfortable as a four-legged in-training digimon he found the feeling normal. "My comrades i may be a rookie but do tell me what we do and don't know!" Sama'el was disoriented yet he still followed in the direction of Nuriel.

Jaxon was the only one who didn't run at first, knowing that the humans wouldn't force them to see the doctors. He calmly waved to the girl who had tried to help them and smiled, and afterwards started running after his comrades. He ran a bit faster than the others at first to catch up with them, but once he was next to them he slowed down and immediately noticed Sama'el's weird way of running (for a human, at least)

"Sama!" He hissed. "Run on your hind legs, or else the humans will think you're crazy!"

((Sorry for the short post :/))

"Nuriel, Should have known by the eyes. Although I would like to know why we landed here of all places, and why we are in these forms instead of invisible." Roran said as he ran with the others. As he was one of the few Paladins that actually had a humanoid form, and no wings he was quite adept at running on two legs.

"I do wish I had brought a book. It seems we might not be able to return to the castle for a while, and I had a book of lore that I would quite like to finish. The stories of Witchelny are amazing if I may so myself." He continued to run alongside the others. He wished they would find a place to rest as he wanted to examine the phone he found at his side earlier when he awoke. He reached for the phone at his side, and started to fiddle with it. He found an app that acted like a library, and quickly found a book to his interest. looking up from the edge of his vision he continued to both read, and follow the other Paladins.

[color=red]"Oh for the love of Fanglongmon, Roran. Stop reading and watch where you're going." Meggi said, running alongside her compatriot, "Sheesh, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to blend in with the humans without actually being invisible." She twirled around a bit and 'accidentally' whipped Roran in the head with her long braid, "Granted, I feel a little weird without a tail right now, but I've always been a little envious of Father's ponytail anyway, and he doesn't have tail, so I guess this is just good practice for when I finally evolve and become a Gallantmon." The former Flamedramon's smile never left her face and, it would seem, she was one of the few, if not the only, Paladin that was enjoying her human form.[/color]

Unknown to the Paladins, however, the cause of their temporary exile into the human world was hidden in plain sight among the gathered crowd of humans. Two twin males, identical save for their hair, one having obviously dyed blonde hair, the other sporting bright crimson hair, watched the Paladins flee from the scene of their arrival and nodded, "One squad still survives." The blonde twin said, adjusting his silver jacket, "This should prove for interesting developments, eh, Karasu?"

"Why bother waiting for the developments?" The other twin said, unzipping his half-black/half-silver jacket just enough to reveal a strange medallion inside his coat bearing the mark of a falling feather crossed with a sword, "Just a little flick of the medallion and we can cast off this shell and show the world out true glory."

"Because showing the world our true glory isn't part of this plan. We did our part for now, it was only by sheer dumb luck that this squadron survived, not through our error. Our employer knows that the plan was not a surefire solution to these pests, but it didn't need to be. If he decides it's necessary, then he will send in backup for us so we may finish this job faster." The blonde twin whirled around and started walking off, "Which is a pity, our employer is being very generous with our compensation."

"Yes, Karasu." The redheaded twin said, following the blonde.

"Ah...my hind legs? Ok... I suppose your right Jaxon. Though I do wonder where it is we should be going..." While disoriented Sama'el could not quite grasp the situation however it became clear to him that he was in the human world so he began to take in his surroundings. "Yes the human world... I do believe this place is the prime energy source of our world keeping us in existance... I do belive that is we were to somehow harness the raw energy from the humans we may be able to regenerate castle Corbin and find the culprit... Granted we have access to the human satellites eh?" As Sama'el motioned the idea. He felt a disturbance in the air. "Tell me if I'm insane but basically we punched a hole in the boundary correct? Would it not be true to assume digimon... Some being hostiles would have come through that hole? And unfortunately meaning that aren't cloaked."

[indent=1]"Meggi, you are having way too much fun in this form, but I guess since I am normally in a semi-human esque form already that I fail to see the lacadasical nature of this human form. For someone who was dracconic I guess it would be different having Hair, and wearing clothes." Roran said looking up from the phone. He returned it to the leather holder where he found it, and went back to complete focus on keeping up with the others. He truely failed to see what about the form was interesting, but it could be worse. He could have taken the form of a dog, or horse, or something unlike his normal form.[/indent]

[indent=1]"I Can't recount a time similiar to this in any of the books, although the paladins are relatively new compared to the Royal Knights" he continued.[/indent]

The group ran for a bit longer, but it quickly became evident that nobody in particular was following the odd troupe of digimon. Indeed, Nuriel stopped not because he found somewhere safe to hide, but he wasn't certain where to go from now on; a long black band stretched in front of him. Though he knew from previous trips to the human world that this was a 'street' and it was considered bad form to walk past them in all but certain special cases, he'd never not been able to simply fly over them. Momentarily stumped, he simply decided that here was as good a place as any to stop for the moment, then put out his arm.

"Hold. Here's as good a spot as any to recuperate. We shall find Hiaragon soon, but more immediately we must organize ourselves."

He appeared pensive for a second. "We know we're in the human world. The general area is a bit difficult to tell, but I'd place the area at..."

There were strange squiggles on the walls and signs nearby, not entirely dissimilar to Digicode, but foreign all the same- though legible. Either the Paladin Symbol translated even human scripts, or Digimon instinctively understood all human writing- either way, Nuriel vaguely recognized it, as it was a fair bit different from the scripts of other parts of the Human World. It still took a second to place the name.

"...Japanese? Ah, very well. We're in Japan Zone," he concluded after a moment of analysis. Japan Zone was one of the more common parts of the Human World that the Paladins visited- the high concentration of humans and electrical technology lent to a partial weakening in the Boundary around the area, meaning most Rogues ended up somewhere in the area when they made the cross.

He paced a little to either side.

"...An...Interesting theory, Samael," he said after a second. Of course, every Paladin knew the basics of the human world and the Boundary, how humans created Spiritual Energy which was drawn past the Boundary and used to create Data in their world. Theoretically, Digimon shouldn't be able to process the Spiritual Energy in its raw form- but then again, they'd gotten reports of Rogue Digimon doing similar things in the past.

Then again, did they really want to use Rogue Digimon as examples?

He shook his head and looked at the half-fallen Castle Corbin. At least there didn't seem to be any massive human mobs- so fortunately, at least the Castle was still invisible to human eyes. Even if they fixed the castle, it almost looked like the Boundary itself had become sickly and damaged- how does one harm a metaphysical construct like that?

"But... I'm not certain we actually did punch a hole in the Boundary," he said after a second. He reached out to his Paladin Symbol and touched in the same way he had done a hundred times before- putting him in the right state of mind to reach out to a five-dimensional object. He held out his hand and touched the Boundary. Cool. Soft.

But totally solid.

"...More the reverse problem, actually. It seems like the Boundary became... hard? Is that the word? Like a wound scabbing over, I would hazard an analogy. It doesn't appear that I can pass through it again," he said with a note of despair. How were they going to get home now?

"...But on the positive side, I'm fairly certain that's what's stopping the Castle from falling out entirely. Corbin appears to have gotten caught mid-fall just as the Boundary froze over. That said, I'm more certain in what [i]caused [/i]this in the first place..."

He crossed his arms, waiting for another paladin to bring up a grievance. He wished that they had the entire staff of Paladins there, but a fair number of them had been cut off back in the digital world- they were alone, as it were.

"Sigh I never really asked for this. I was merely the leader of a digimon mob. Course we did nothing immoral. Plus I was raised in a villiage so I merely said what I saw and patched together. I do wish that there would have been some refreshments at the meeting since I am peckish... Wait how exactly are we to survive here? We have no food or shelter!" Sama'el attempted to smell the air for any signs of food.

"This world Is so strange these smells are all foreign. Hm it appears Japan Zone should have shelter in the form of zones with little to no electromagnetic interference... There I believe is where we will not be disturbed. what say you my companions? After all we move as a group. We are all the same military rank."

In a dingy flat somewhere nearby, a woman in an extremelly gaudy outfit was using a small scope to check out a large sapphire clenched in her fingers. 'Pretty pretty pretty' she said as her careful eye overlooked the gem.

It was perfect, much like herself in fact. She add it daintily to the pile of gems that littered the table and chuckled in a 'ho ho ho' fashion well known from malicious females. She didn't even bat an eye at her comrade as she gleefully looked out the window of the small apartment. That was when her jaw dropped. Clear as day in the sky was the wretched Castle Corbin, home to those obnoxious Paladins. Meddling, always meddling they were. But witht he castle the way it was, something must have happened to them. Sadly, she tried not to generate hopes in that they died. 'Vamos, take a look at this' she said to her comrade.

Somewhere else in the room, on a battered and rather dirty mattress, sat Vamos. With his back against the wall, he was very intently reading the book in his hands. He was studying up on the old Spanish Conquistadors and some of their exploits. He was particularly fascinated with Francisco Pizarro, the explorer who managed to conquer the Incan Empire and founded the nation of Peru. As Godiva called him over he shut his book and dropped it on the mattress.

[i]"What now?"[/i] He spoke in an obviously annoyed tone, almost as if she had a tendency of doing this to him. His hands fumbled with the small scope, clearly too large to handle such a small thing, but he eventually gripped it properly and peered to where Godiva had motioned towards. A short chuckle escaped from his lips as they parted, and he soon found himself in an uproar. Something was clearly wrong. "Those knights must have screwed up [i]ROYALLY[/i]! Haha, we need to see what happened!"

Godiva joined in with the laughter at the sight of Corbin. 'Oooh, I have a devilish idea or two my dear. Why don't we find a pull Corbin out of the Boundary and have it crash into the Human World? Imagine the panic it would cause, and the many, MANY human jewelry merchants just ripe for the picking' she declared loudly.

The rubbed her hands with delight at the thought of increasing their cache further; but, there was also the Paladins in her mind. 'But, those Paladins may be a problem. If they're still int he castle that is; would it be too optimistic to think they were ejected from it and suffered a terrible fate?' she wondered, making it questionable whether the question was rhetorical or not.

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Still with no clue of where he is at, Hiargon continued walking around taking the view of the human world. As Hiargon, passed a group of humans he over heard them taking about some wierd people showing up at a park than fleeing a several blocks away from where he was at. Hiargon thought to himself, 'Wow even in the human world their are wierdos roaming around,' unknowning that it was his comrades the humans were discussing.[/font]

[indent=1]"So what do you suppose we do for the time being?" Roran asked the group "Our main lodging is stuck between the two worlds, and that means that we have no place to reside for the time being." He tapped nervously on his side as he looked around, and took in the sights. His companions were unusually quiet at the moment, but who wouldn't be.[/indent]

[indent=1]"Maybe we should get human jobs, and live in this world for now until we learn what has happened to the boundary. That would give us insight into the human world that we previously have not aquired, and allow us to blend in during our stay here." He proposed to the others unsure of what they would think of the idea.[/indent]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Tunizr's side:[/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]"So it seems those Paladins are in this world. Guess that means I can to destroy them personallirt" Tunizr said with even laugh behind his works, sitting on the edge of a building top. "This rounds pickings don't seem that much stronger than before, but whatever" he said irriated. Tunizr got up from where he was sitting than take a step back from the edge than walked over to otherside of the rooftop towards an alley. Tunizr dropped down to ground level bending his knees as he landed than restood looking around making sure not to attach any unwanted attention. [i]'Good there are no flithy humans around to spoil my mood' [/i]he thought walked away into the darkness of the alley.[/font]

[color=crimson]"Except for the fact that we don't have any form of ID and most of us don't have human sounding names." Meggi responded, "If Nuriel walks up to someone and tells them his name, they're gonna look at him like his crazy, no offense. You, me, and Sama'el could probably pass though. Meg and Maggy are already human names, ditto for Rory and Sam. Even so though, we can't get a job without having to verify our identities, which we can't exactly do since we don't have identities in this world." She looked at her human hands, still not used to the feeling of soft skin as opposed to scales, "If we work from the assumption that this is an extra step in camouflage from our Paladin Symbols and not a glitch or another part of the attack that took out Corbin, though, it seems like the Royal Knights may have slipped some extra failsafes without telling us..."[/color]

Archived