~Digimon: Paladins of the Boundary~

Hydra of Ages

Godiva almost felt as if she was being blown away, causing her to habitually reach for her hat, which wasn't there in her disguise. [i]'He digivolved back into his normal self?! Bah, he's still just a rookie anyways. Vamos can still ascend to the ultimate level, we can very easily wipe them out on a whim'[/i].

She grit her teeth a little though, if the angel did it, the others could. They would have to attack swiftly and succintly, though, she didn't like the look of the boy with the soccerball. 'I think we should strike now. I think that in the shock of this current event, they'd be less likely to defend theirselves. My current plan is down the dumpster now, do just full and swift annihilation will do'.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]The energy Hiargon felt starting to slowly disapppear as he continued to run towards where he originally felt the surge of energy. "Hope whatever caused that energy surge doesn't leave before i get there," he said running at full speed having only about 1 block of running left. Within seconds, Hiargon came to where the source of the energy came from hearing someone say "Wonderful Magic Trick!!" Hiargon was dumbforded starting to think he did all that running for nothing Hiargon let out a big sigh "Darn guess I ran here all for nothing. Might as well take a look around." Hiargon said then noticed a group of people standing out among the crowd roughly 5 meters from where he stood. He thought to himself [i]'Wonder if those are my comrades or just other humans? Better try to do this secretly because it may cause some problems if[/i][/font][i][font=courier new,courier,monospace] there are just normal humans.' [/font][/i]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]______________________________________________[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]"Hehe Seems like the party is over already." Tunizr said with an evil intent behind his words. Tunizr stood himself up than slooked up at the sky seeing a strange speck in the sky. "Lets see how this will turn out" Tunizr chuckled in a low voice making his way turning into Darklabramon while hiding behind a dumpster than jumped onto a wall than back and forth til he reached the top of the building than reverting into human form again after making sure there was no humans watching.[/font]

• 2 weeks later...

"Rookie form?" Nuriel said with a hint of a blink. He felt agitated, filled with energy- it was unlike him. Usually, he was rather lethargic, even in his Mega from- he simply wasn't a very combative digimon, and power didn't come to him naturally like it did to others. Certainly, he had the benefit of the DigiFrost incarnated into his data -a gift from Yggdrasil to be certain, and a point of pride for an otherwise rather grounded digimon- but even that wasn't his own power as much as it was a fragment of Yggdrasil's that he directed to a certain extent. This was different.

He could feel every piece of Spiritual Energy still coursing through his body. It should have hurt, ripped through his delicate program like a storm of blades... but, oddly enough, it didn't. It invigorated him. Some part of him wanted to hurt the Footmon- he was the enemy, wasn't he? He could kill him easily, it was just a matter of releasing enough energy to ice the place over. He could do it, he knew- with this newfound strength, what [i]couldn't [/i]he do?! He would break, rip, smash-

a cold feeling went down his spine when he realized what he was saying to himself. He let the lance fall from his hands and shatter against the ground, then shook his head. He gave a long look at the symbol that was stuck to his chest- it wasn't a Paladin Symbol any longer, but he was still a paladin. Just thinking the things he just did was beyond unacceptable. Perhaps this was why rogues were such illogical, manic and vile creatures- Nuriel prided himself on his presence of mind and faithfulness to the tenants of his order, and he had been perfectly willing to kill both a digimon who hadn't specifically done anything wrong, as well as a group of humans.

Finding the reverse system was simple after he looked for it. A moment later, the line to the Spiritual Energy was severed and Nuriel tumbled back into his human form one more- he shivered a bit as the warmth was drained from his body with the Energy. His limbs twitched a little. One could get addicted to that easily, he reflected- far too easily.

The human crowd was a problem, but they couldn't really deal with it. "Lead the way," he said quickly to the Footmon.

[color=blue]Footmon simply shrugged and kicked his soccer ball back into the air as a bright blue light emanated from his whole body and was absorbed back into the ball, returning him to his own human form before catching the ball with his foot and tossing it back up, catching it in his hands this time. He then held up the yellow ball over his head and the Paladin symbol upon it flashed three times. Then, the crowd started gasping and asking various questions to the effect of 'Where'd the monsters go?' "A gift from Yggdrasil." Footmon explained as the crowd started thinning, some people walking right up to the Paladins then swerving to avoid them and walking to the other side of the street, "They can neither see nor hear us, but only because we're in human form, and only for a short amount of time." The crowd at last dissipated and Footmon lowered his arm, "Now then, Nuriel, if you would kindly go here and ask for Mr. Shiro about a fraudulent purchase to Monoc Industries that showed up on your bank statement, he'd be glad to explain everything. I'll stop by in an hour or so, but I've got a very important meeting to attend to first." The Footmon said, pulling a business card for a nearby bank out of his pocket and handing it over to the de facto leader of the Paladins, "I'm afraid the rest of you are going to have to sit this one out though, if we have you all come in at once, it'll look pretty suspicious and you might get accused of trying to commit credit card fraud en masse. You're welcome to join me though, if you don't mind going with a complete stranger, that is."[/color]

As if on cue, the three remaining members of Arroc's squad finally got to the source of the energy, Nuriel's group, and stood there more or less insanely confused.

[color=gold]"What?"[/color]

Arroc, along with his squad, just stood there in silence for just about three minutes. Then Arroc finally broke the silence, by saying this, [color=#0000CD]"OK...good thing we found your all...but now I am confused as to what in Azulongmon's name was going on here!" [/color]Needless to say, the VictoryDramon was both confused and a bit intrigued about what happened. I mean, a power that great had to only be the result of something amazing. [color=#0000CD]"So, if you don't mind...Nuriel or anyone else, please tell me what the heck me and my squad just missed." [/color]Arroc asked, looking at the group, hoping someone would give him some kind of answer.

"Very well," Nuriel nodded. There were questions to be asked of course, but Footmon was obviously either a Representative or otherwise a member of the Paladins in some way.

In truth, Nuriel preferred to take orders over giving them. He was willing to wait for an explanation when someone obviously knew more than he did, and he was willing to trust Footmon's sudden change of heart. The Paladins were well informed about every prominent Rogue that they were aware lived on the other side, and he was certain this digimon would have been on it if he was a real threat- being a secret agent placed there by those higher up in the Paladin Order was an all too-likely happening.

It just so happened that at that time, Arroc, Victor and Goldramon arrived- in human form, of course. It was strange, but Nuriel was starting to develop a... sense about things. Disguised digimon just [i]felt [/i]different from regular humans- it was a sense he was certain he didn't have before. Yet another facet of the Spiritual Energy, perhaps?

"Arroc! Goldramon- Victor!" he said, sighing in relief. That left just one unaccounted for. His happiness died quickly, and settled into a businesslike expression.

"What just happened doesn't need to be explained right now. Our friend here could probably tell you better than I could, anyway," he said briskly.

"I'm going to question the Representative in the bank, alone. I'm asking all of you to follow Footmon here- he's an ally, and he probably has a clearer idea of what's going on here. After you've done what he needs, I'd like you to scout the area and search for our last remaining Paladin; keep an eye out for Rogues while you do so, we don't want to be ambushed and I'd like to know what we're going up against. Once all that's been done, I'd like for us to meet up at the foot of Tokyo Tower-" he pointed to a black point in the distance- "It's visible from almost every spot here. We'll reconvene at nightfall, and decide what we'll do from then on out. Any objections?" he asked, acutely aware of how badly everything could go. In any case, they needed to sort themselves out- some routine scouting work should put everyone back into the mindset of a mission. Getting everyone back on solid ground to work with was priority number one, after all.

[color=blue]"Actually, that thing that I have to do is woefully unimportant to you guys." Footmon said, shrugging a single shoulder, "All of you guys that aren't Ice Boy should probably focus on the scouting mission first and foremost."[/color]

[color=red]"Oh no you don't." Meggi said, piping up after getting increasingly more annoyed by the Representative, "You come in with all this cloak and dagger stuff instead of just saying you're a Paladin Representative and then you except us all to leave you to your own devices after Nuriel told us to follow you? HELL no, we're following you."[/color]

[color=gold]"Late night, need shelter." Ryu told Meggi, who simply cocked her head in confusion.[/color]

[color=orange]"He does that." Victor explained, "Pretty sure speaking more than six words in a hit would fry his throat. He means that it's getting way too late in the day for us to spend time doing whatever unimportant thing that Footmon has to do, so for now, we should just take his suggestion and start the search now so we can get more intel before nightfall."[/color]

[color=red]"Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that we disobey a direct order from our squad leader?!" The Guilmon asked, stressing the pronouns to include Arroc's trio.[/color]

[color=orange]"No, I'm suggesting [i]you[/i] disobey [i]your[/i] squad leader. I'm from Arroc's squad, remember?"[/color]

[color=gold]"Idiots."[/color]

[quote name='Blackstone Dresden' timestamp='1324372985' post='5718694']
[color=blue]"Actually, that thing that I have to do is woefully unimportant to you guys." Footmon said, shrugging a single shoulder, "All of you guys that aren't Ice Boy should probably focus on the scouting mission first and foremost."[/color]

[color=red]"Oh no you don't." Meggi said, piping up after getting increasingly more annoyed by the Representative, "You come in with all this cloak and dagger stuff instead of just saying you're a Paladin Representative and then you except us all to leave you to your own devices after Nuriel told us to follow you? HELL no, we're following you."[/color]

[color=gold]"Late night, need shelter." Ryu told Meggi, who simply cocked her head in confusion.[/color]

[color=orange]"He does that." Victor explained, "Pretty sure speaking more than six words in a hit would fry his throat. He means that it's getting way too late in the day for us to spend time doing whatever unimportant thing that Footmon has to do, so for now, we should just take his suggestion and start the search now so we can get more intel before nightfall."[/color]

[color=red]"Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that we disobey a direct order from our squad leader?!" The Guilmon asked, stressing the pronouns to include Arroc's trio.[/color]

[color=orange]"No, I'm suggesting [i]you[/i] disobey [i]your[/i] squad leader. I'm from Arroc's squad, remember?"[/color]

[color=gold]"Idiots."[/color]
[/quote]

Arroc sighed and rubbed his temples a bit, this fight was unnecessary and not helping they're situation right now. [color=#0000CD]"Alright, BOTH of you cut it out now." [/color]he finally broke his silence, looking at his Victor and then at Meggi. [color=#0000CD]"Now I'm not going to disobey orders...so we'll do things this way. Me, Victor, and whoever wants to come with us will be tailing Footmon whether he likes it or not. The rest of you will go to searching for more intel. THIS WAY, Nuriel won't say none of us were tailing Footmon or gathering intel. Does that sound like a plan to you all?" [/color]Arroc asked, finally taking a breath, looking at his squad and back at the other Paladins.

Archived