Yu-Gi-Oh! Invasion of the Clear Brigade; Co-Hosted by Rainbow Dash [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Dementuo

[i]"Evols.'[/i] Kai thought. [i]"An archetype based upon the idea of evolution. A few of their boss monsters are Xyz that have powerful negation abilities... Traps on legs."[/i] he thought, running through what he knew about the Archetype. [i]"If things go right, then I'll render her Xyz useless. If they don't... then I'll have to rely on my own Xyz for defense."[/i] Kai spent a few moments considering his options, before finally slipping two cards into his duel disk. "I set two cards, my turn ends." he said at last.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delilah drew her card at long last. [color=#808080]"I draw, and I Normal Summon Photon Defender in Attack Position."[/color]
[spoiler=Photon Defender]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Photon_Defender"]http://ycm.wikia.com...Photon_Defender[/url]
LIGHT/Warrior/Level 4/1800 ATK/1200 DEF
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Photon" monster from your hand. Once per turn, when a face-up "Photon" monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can negate the attack.
[/spoiler]
An armored warrior similar to Photon Slasher on Kai's side of the field, but with two spiked shields instead of a sword, and possessing glowing green lines on his body, stomped in front of Delilah. (1800 ATK|LV4) [color=#808080]"Now, two effects activate. Photon Defender can Special Summon a 'Photon' monster from my hand, such as Photon Lancer, but I can Special Summon Photon Swordsman from my hand when I Normal Summon a LIGHT monster, so both monsters come forth."[/color]
[spoiler=Photon Lancer]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Photon_Lancer"]http://ycm.wikia.com...i/Photon_Lancer[/url]
LIGHT/Warrior/Level 4/2100 ATK/0 DEF
This card inflicts Piercing damage. If this card attacks, change it to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase. During your Main Phase: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher "Photon" monster from your hand.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Photon Swordsman]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Photon_Swordsman"]http://ycm.wikia.com...hoton_Swordsman[/url]
LIGHT/Warrior/Level 4/1800 ATK/700 DEF
When you Normal or Special Summon a Level 4 or lower LIGHT monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up monster you control; it gains 300 ATK until the End Phase.
[/spoiler]
Two more Photon warriors, the first a muscular man with silver armor that had glowing red lines carrying a massive lance with a drill bit on the end, and a noble-looking knight with white armor that had glowing gold lines who had a sword and a shield, were summoned on either side of Defender, on dropping down through a ring of light from above, the other bursting forth from a ring of light on the ground. (1800 ATK|LV4) (2100 ATK|LV4) [color=#808080]"Next, I will activate the effect of Photon Serpent in my hand, Tributing Photon Lancer to Special Summon this monster."[/color]
[spoiler=Photon Serpent]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Photon_Serpent"]http://ycm.wikia.com.../Photon_Serpent[/url]
LIGHT/Sea Serpent/Level 5/2100 ATK/1800 DEF
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by Tributing 1 "Photon" monster you control other than "Photon Serpent". When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can add 1 "Photon" monster from your Deck to your hand.
[/spoiler]
Photon Lancer was absorbed into a third ring of light, and a huge golden serpent with red armor ushered out of the ring, hissing and spreading its wing-like fins. (2100 ATK|LV5) [color=#808080]"Now, I will activate the effect of my Swordsman, increasing Photon Serpent's Attack Points by 300, bringing my Photon Serpent to a total of 2400 Attack Points." [/color]Photon Swordsman raised his sword, and an aura of light surrounded Photon Serpent. (2100 ATK -> 2400 ATK) Suddenly, both Photon Defender and Photon Swordsman turned into two beams of light and shot up into the air as a swirling galaxy-like portal formed in front of Delilah. [color=#808080]"I will create an Overlay network with these 2 monsters! Xyz Summon! Spin and form a graceful victory, Number 27: Graceful Knight Light!"[/color]
[spoiler=Number 27: Graceful Knight Light]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Number_27:_Graceful_Knight_Light"]http://ycm.wikia.com...ul_Knight_Light[/url]
LIGHT/Warrior/Xyz/Rank 4/3000 ATK/1000 DEF
2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: draw a card from your Deck for each Xyz Material attached to this card, but this monster cannot attack during your next Battle Phase. If this card is targeted by a card effect: detach a Xyz Material from this card instead.
[/spoiler]
The number 27 appeared on Delilah's hand as the beams of light entered the portal and revealed a strange silver tutu-like construct with a glowing red orb in the center. Suddenly, the tutu started to reform, the beautiful arches it was made from contorting into a humanoid shape. The sharp arches finally finished with a silver feminine figure that had a red orb in the center that had a yellow "27" on it. The figure raised its blade-arms towards Kai as two motes of light circled around the monster. (3000 ATK|LV4|2 XM) [color=#808080]"Next, I will activate the effect of my Graceful Knight, giving me a card for each Xyz Material attached to him." [/color]The knight spun, and two cards flew out of the orb in its chest, which landed in Delilah's hands. [color=#808080]"And now, I will activate Photon Arch."[/color]
[spoiler=Photon Arch]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Photon_Arch"]http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Photon_Arch[/url]
Spell/Continuous
Increase the ATK and DEF of all face-up LIGHT monsters on your side of the field by 100 for each face-up LIGHT monster on the field. Whenever a "Photon" monster destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Draw 1 card.
[/spoiler]
A massive arching beam of white energy appeared over the field, showering the field with white particles, like a sort of snow made from light. Immediately, Delilah's two monsters seemed to increase in power as an aura of white energy surrounded them. (3000 ATK -> 3300 ATK) (2400 ATK -> 2700 ATK) [color=#808080]"Photon Arch increases the power of my LIGHT monsters by 100 Attack Points for every LIGHT monster on the field, which consists of my monsters and your Photon Slasher, so my monsters have a little bonus worth 300 Attack Points. Now, since Graceful Knight Light cannot attack because of its effect, I will have Photon Serpent attack your Photon Slasher!" [/color]The massive sea serpent charged at the warrior on Kai's field.

Celes ignored Kira, taking her leave from the scene. Frustration was bubbling in the pit of her stomach, amplified by her Number's displeasure at being bested. So, she was essentially back to square one now, with only 1 Number and only vague hopes of where she could acquire more without rematching past opponents. On the plus side, she learned how to obtain a new Number, courtesy of Black Mist.

She took some time to reflect on Kira's earlier tantrum. She was searching for Numbers as well, something about letting people down. Of course, the same girl then tried to taunt her about overreacting to a loss or some gibberish. But what kind of people were also Numbers? How many other people in the city had them? Within a day's time, she became aware of 3 new Numbers in the world: Number 88, Number 33, and some unknown Number that Black Mist hadn't managed to claim.

Still, she made a step forward and only took one backwards. She could still collect Numbers. But first, she was starving.

[i]"Another Photon user... As well as another of these mysterious Numbers cards... At last."[/i] Kai thought. [i]"Answers to all these questions I've had.[/i][i]" [/i]Kai tapped a button on his duel disk, and one of his two face-down cards flipped up. "I respond to your attack with a card of my own. I activate Photon Rebound." Kai declared.
[spoiler=Photon Rebound]
Continuous Trap Card
When a "Photon" monster you control is selected as an attack target: Banish the attacking monster and the attack target. During your next Standby Phase: Send this card to the Graveyard; return all monsters banished by this effect to the field under your control. During the End Phase this card is sent to the Graveyard by this effect: Banish all "Photon" monsters on your side of the field.[/spoiler]
"It's a bit of a confusing card, but I'll try to explain. It takes both our monsters away, and then I'll receive control of them during my next turn. If you can get rid of this card, then both our monsters will stay gone. If you don't, then my field will be cleaned of Photons on my next turn." Kai noted. [i]"I would have preferred to nab her Numbers with this card, but this way I can set up for my own moves next turn... Kenta, be sure to keep up."[/i]

Immediately, a beam shot out from Delilah's parked motorcycle, and scanned the card as Photon Serpent and Photon Slasher started to be sucked into the resulting vortex, but Delilah did not counter. Instead, their monsters were sucked into the resulting vortex, causing the "snowfall" of white particles to decrease to almost nothing. (3300 ATK -> 3100 ATK) [color=#808080]"I set a face-down card, and I end my turn, but Kai, your Photon Deck cannot beat mine. I didn't buy these Photon cards in a pack in a store. I engineered them in a laboratory, including my own Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. With my Arch, my monsters will always be stronger than yours, and the more monsters you summon, the more powerful mine become. And Galaxy-Eyes might not be your best bet when your turn begins."[/color]

[color=#808080]Delilah[/color]: 4000 LP
Hand: 2
Monsters: #27 (3100 ATK|RNK4|2 XM)
Spells/Traps: Arch, 1 FD
Graveyard: Photon Lancer
Banished: Photon Serpent

After waiting what felt like hours, Kenta drew his card, marking the start of his turn. "[i]And you guys were having so much fun without me[/i]" he said as he glared at his hand. "[i]I'm summoning Rescue Rabbit from my hand![/i]" Kenta declared as a fat, comical bunny wearing a yellow helmet jumped out of its card, letting out a high-pitched squeak as it lunged toward the field.

[i](Response?)[/i]

"[i]And my bunny's effect will now activate, which grants me two monsters from my deck![/i]" Kenta exclaimed as the rabbit quickly disappeared into a vortex of light as two rocky-looking soldiers emitting dark auras instantly replaced it.

[i](Response?)[/i]

"[i]Meet my Verz Heliotropes! However, they won't be staying for long. With these two monsters, I'm opening an Overlay Network! The infestation continues to strike, causing even the Ice Barriers to writhe in darkness...Xyz Summon! Appear now, Verz Bahamut![/i]" Immediately following Kenta's chant, a large, red-colored vortex opened from underneath them, encircling all the duelists. As the Heliotropes were sucked in, two pillars of light flooded the area: one turquoise and one purple - the two lights twisted around each other before bursting apart, revealing a black and blue-colored dragon. (ATK: 2350)

[spoiler=Verz Bahamut; for those who don't know, and just because I can]
[img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3728/verzbahamutv3.png[/img]
[/spoiler]

Itsu quickly attempts to figure out what to do. [color=#ff0000]"Delilah. I'm reading the card text on that thing. This does not look good." [/color][color=#808080]"I concur. And I think I have the perfect card to counter his advances."[/color] She prepares to flip up her face-down. [color=#808080]"I activate-"[/color] Suddenly, Delilah clutches her head as she kneels down, causing her to miss the timing of the summon.

[i][color=#ff0000]"No matter how hard you try, Delilah, you cannot stop the inevitable."[/color][/i]
[i]A man with spiky blonde hair, aviator sunglasses, a somewhat muscular physique, a black sleeveless T-shirt with a stylized red "R" on the front, blue jeans, combat boots, and a minigun charged through the rubble of what was obviously Heartland as the world seemed to explode around this. [color=#ffd700]"DELILAH!!!" [/color] He cried out as the scientist ran alongside him. [color=#ffff00]"You better be paying me good for this!"[/color][/i]
[i][color=#ff0000]"He will be unleashed, and you will fail."[/color][/i]
[i]A similar scene unfolded, but this time a woman clad in a black robe with purple Dark Signer-like designs floated through the wreckage, blasting unseen foes. [color=#800080]"I cannot be stopped, Delilah. This day will be won."[/color][/i]
[i][color=#ff0000]"Again..."[/color][/i]
[i]Now a woman with short blue hair, a light-blue form-clinging bodysuit, and a yellow scarf fired an assault rifle into the flames. [color=#0000ff]"You had better have a plan, Doctor!"[/color][/i]
[i][color=#ff0000]"And again..."[/color][/i]
[i]The vision changed, and it showed Itsu fighting back to back with Delilah. Itsu was wielding her signature sword, while Delilah had some sort of laser rifle. [color=#ff0000]"We can do this, Delilah." [/color]Itsu reassured her friend as they charged in together.[/i]
[i][color=#ff0000]"And again."[/color][/i]
[i]Once more, Delilah fled from the attackers, now led by Itsu, who had a wicked grin on her face. Something enormous loomed in the background as the carnage continued to unfold in what little was left of Heartland...[/i]
[i][color=#808080]"Why...?"[/color][/i]

Kenta stared at the two strange women, confused at what happened, but he shrugged it off before grasping another card in his hand. [i]"Bahamut's effect will now activate - at the cost of one of its materials and a Verz monster in my hand, I can take control on a monster...namely, your Knight![/i]" Kenta called as he slid a third Verz Heliotrope from his hand into his Graveyard. The dark ice dragon let out a roar before a it let out a dark ring, which ensnared the woman's monster, causing it to switch sides. As Kenta retrieved the card, he noticed that one of the monster's Xyz materials had disappeared, but he continued, choosing to ignore it. "[i]Now, I'm activating Holy Knight Light's effect, allowing me to draw one card[/i]" Kenta stated, snatching the top card of his deck. "[i]But I'm not going to be reckless, so I won't attack this turn[/i]" he thought to himself before slapping two cards onto his duel disk. [i]"I'm ending my turn with two face-down cards![/i]" he declared.

LP: 4000
Hand: 3
Monsters: Verz Bahamut [ATK 2350; XM 1]; Number 27: Holy Knight Light [ATK 3000; XM 1]
S/T: 2 f-d

After failing to retrieve Number 39 X decided to go for a walk and see if he couldn't at least find some information on other Number Holders or Hunters if any where in the area. Eventually he saw one of his students Celes and noticed that she seemed oddly down especially for her and decided to to do the teacherly thing and talk to her. [b][color="#0000ff"]"Hello Celes what seems to be the problem you seem a little down and I am your science teacher so maybe I can help, if there is something wrong I want to help if I can."[/color][/b] X knew that Celes had Numbers and was for whatever reason an amateur Number Hunter and he would have to deal with her eventually, he hoped that it would be peaceful but getting Number rarely is.

"[color=#40e0d0]Oh yeah, I forgot your dad supplied you with the cards you get! Lucky for you, I had to go around this entire town for the cards i own. Anyways, what cards are you getting this time?[/color]" He asked trying to build up time to make this moment last longer because he didn't know how much he would be able to spend with them until he got the call. He really enjoyed the time he spent with both Souta and Aki, but he rarely got to do it much lately because of how much he was away because of his work that he fulfilled. Waiting for a reply from them, he sat there patiently with a warming smile on his face that he always had. This smile was more of an act than anything, though.

Celes' gaze flicked towards X and she squinted him, as if trying to remember who he was. [i]Science teacher...?[/i] That at least made some sort of sense in terms of the previous interaction shortly after school, but there seemed to be a mighty peculiar coincidence that she'd meet him again, away from school.

"I'm perfectly fine," she said, a bit testily. "Hungry, but I'm getting food now, so nothing to concern yourself over." Even when speaking to someone clearly older than her, Celes' words were mildly condescending, and she refused to make eye contact. His concern over her seemed entirely unnecessary, and her earlier failure to win against Kira was only a setback.

Besides, her teachers should just butt out of her personal life when away from school.

X wasn't surprised by her comment Celes had always done her best to be independent of other people and whatever happened to her seemed to have shakes her. [b][color=#0000ff]"Well you should know that you have a science test coming up and from what I hear you've been doing quite a bit more dueling then studying so I'm a bit worried, your smart but your grades have been slipping since you first came and I'm pretty sure it is because of your lack of studying so how about I buy you something to eat and help you prepare for that test."[/color][/b] X knew that she would probably refuse his offer and say something mean to him but he at least needed to try she was one of his students and it looked like she could use some company right now.

Celes scowled slightly. "I'm not worried about the test," she said, managing to keep her tone under control. "I do just fine on tests." Which was at least partially true. She wasn't an ace student, despite her intelligence, but she wasn't quite a dropout level student, either. She just wasn't interested in assignments or a good deal of the subject material.

"But by all means, pay for my food. I'll go with that," she conceded. Something told her that he was either obsessively concerned about his students, or her specifically, and if she was too evasive to accept help, he might think she had trouble at home or something, which couldn't be further from the truth. It was just her personality.

Itsu went over to Delilah, worried about her close friend. [color=#ff0000]"Are you alright?" [/color]Itsu asked, sounding concerned. [color=#808080]"I will be fine, Itsu." [/color]Delilah replied, slowly getting back up. Itsu returned to her position and drew her card. [color=#ff0000]"I draw, and I Normal Summon Evoltile Odonto in Attack Mode!" [/color]An orange turtle-like monster with fins on its shoulders and a DNA-patterned tail emerged from a burst of flame. (500 ATK|LV2) [color=#ff0000]"And he allows me to Special Summon Evolsaur Elias from my hand, who, in turn, Special Summons Evolsaur Cerato!"[/color] A massive spiky brachiosaur burst forth from the portal Odonto summoned, followed by an orange black-armored tyrannosaurus that looked like a smaller version of Terias. (1900 ATK|LV4) (100 ATK|LV6) [color=#ff0000]"And now, I will Xyz Summon!"[/color] A red portal appeared in front of Itsu as Terias and Elias shot up into the air as twin beams of light. [color=#ff0000]"I will create an Overlay network with these 2 monsters! Xyz Summon! Drive the flames of battle to a level never before reached with your ultimate evolution, Evolzar Soldde!" [/color]The two entered the portal, and a huge blue dragon surrounded in a field of flames burst from the swirling portal. (2600 ATK|RNK6|2 XM)

X was glad that Celes had decided to let him treat her to a meal she had always seemed antisocial and seemed to shun most contact with other peoples except for dueling where her skills seemed to make her far more confident then most people. [b][color=#0000ff]"I know a good family restaurant around here we could go to or if you have somewhere else you want to go to I'd be fine either way."[/color][/b] X remembered when he first left the Balian World to search for the Numbers he had checked most of the local restaurants to see which he would like and if any Number Holders frequented them and found the one he was planning to go to was the best in town for its prices.

"No, not some big thing," Celes said. "Just something simple, like a sandwich shop or whatever. Cheap, satisfying, and [i]quick[/i]," she continued pointedly. She didn't want a huge deal made out of this agreement and it seemed rather creepy to go to a restaurant with a teacher, regardless of intention. Odds are she was going to get another comment about her grades or late schoolwork and it was such a nuisance to deal with. Just because she wasn't a top student didn't matter if she was smart enough in her everyday life, which was exactly what she was.

Itsu grinned as she realized what she needed to do, now that she had a chance to see the card she drew from Evo-Benefits. [color=#ff0000]"I activate the Spell Card Evo-Seize!"[/color]

Evo-Seize
Spell/Quickly
Tribute 1 "Evoltile" monster and 1 "Evolsaur" monster you control and target 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field; gain control of that target. If the target is an Xyz Monster, and one of the Tributed monsters is a Level equal to the Rank of the Xyz Monster, attach that Tributed monster to the Xyz Monster as an Xyz Material.

Odonto and Cerato become two beams of light with strange cybernetic symbols around them, also made of energy. [color=#ff0000]"This card allows me to snag one of your monsters by getting rid of two of mine, and as an added bonus, if the Xyz Monster and one of my Tributed Evols have similar Levels and Ranks, that Evol becomes an Xyz Material!" [/color]Cerato's beam curved upwards as Odonto's wrapped around Graceful Knight Light. Again, the Xyz Material entered the red orb in the monster's center and disappeared, but the beam dragged the Number over to Delilah's side of the field, and Cerato's beam slowed down and settled into an orbit around Graceful Knight Light, becoming an Xyz Material. Immediately, the Arch started up again, minutely powering up the Number. (3000 ATK -> 3100 ATK)

Archived