Neptunian Princess ("Umi" Support)

Max Darkness

An interesting take on "Umi" support.

Enjoy.

[center][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/33yj8tl.png[/img][/center]

[b]Effect:[/b] Cannot be Summoned or Set. You can attach 2 Level 5 WATER monsters you control: Place this card on the field (from your hand). (You can use printed Level 5 monsters for this card's placing) Once per turn: You can detach 1 card used for this card's placing; Add 1 card from your Deck to your hand that includes "Umi" in its card effect. While "Umi" is face-up: When a WATER monster you control would leave the field by an opponent's card; You can attach it to this card instead. During your next Standby Phase: Gain Life Points equal to the number of monsters attached by this effect x 200.

[center]This is AMAZING. I love it Max D., very very well done. Making an Xyz-like Summon from the hand is hella original and hella creative ^-^[/center]
[center]The life gain is just sugar on top of the amazingness, and the "printed" text helps it for Legendary Ocean, which was in my mind until reading that part.[/center]
[center]Very nicely done, I would use it, and I am sure many others would also.[/center]

[quote name='Gagaga Girl' timestamp='1322247786' post='5664903']
This is AMAZING. I love it Max D., very very well done. Making an Xyz-like Summon from the hand is hella original and hella creative ^-^
The life gain is just sugar on top of the amazingness, and the "printed" text helps it for Legendary Ocean, which was in my mind until reading that part.
Very nicely done, I would use it, and I am sure many others would also.
[/quote]

The 'printed' part of the effect was the first part I came up with, since I realised making a Level 5 "Umi" monster needing on-the-field Level 5s would be wrought with problems, given the only commonly used Level 6 is "Mobius"...

Thanks for rating.

[quote name='DropDeadDream' timestamp='1322256666' post='5665210']
Dang, Max! You're possibly becoming my favourite card creator. Another great one, I second everything the above two people said. I normally would never run a Water deck ever, but with this card, I'd give it a shot. :) 9/10
[/quote]

Thanks for rating.

So, this avoids all summoning negations at the cost of two Level [s]6[/s] 5 Monsters. I would rather label them Xyz Materials, as that obviously was this card's inspiration, and avoid ruling confusions like where the hell the materials are when attached. LP gain is fairly mehish, and honestly, it's almost a bit weak, despite the fact that it goes through anything. I still like the concept, though. 8.6/10

[quote name='Clear Vice Dragon' timestamp='1322258962' post='5665331']
So, this avoids all summoning negations at the cost of two Level [s]6[/s] 5 Monsters. I would rather label them Xyz Materials, as that obviously was this card's inspiration, and avoid ruling confusions like where the hell the materials are when attached. LP gain is fairly mehish, and honestly, it's almost a bit weak, despite the fact that it goes through anything. I still like the concept, though. 8.6/10
[/quote]

Since both effects mention where their fuel comes from, I don't need to label one as a type of material. Also, if I name them as Xyz Materials, this'll become vulnerable to anti-Xyz cards, something I wouldn't want. Also, the attaching effect is more to keep your monsters avaliable for you when this gets destroyed. I added the LP-gain effect to justify the placing cost.

Thanks.

[quote name='DropDeadDream' timestamp='1322256666' post='5665210']
Dang, Max! You're possibly becoming my favourite card creator. Another great one, I second everything the above two people said. I normally would never run a Water deck ever, but with this card, I'd give it a shot. :) 9/10
[/quote] I quite like his deck as well, but like you, I would never stray from the darkness that is my deck. Gosh I sound emo. Anyway, I don't know many card makers on here, but you'd come in second right next to that agent guy person. I didn't really bother to remember the username but I do remember that I really liked their Planetary Convergence card. Maybe I should follow his and yours work.

[quote name='Oh My Anubis!' timestamp='1322263252' post='5665506']
I quite like his deck as well, but like you, I would never stray from the darkness that is my deck. Gosh I sound emo. Anyway, I don't know many card makers on here, but you'd come in second right next to that agent guy person. I didn't really bother to remember the username but I do remember that I really liked their Planetary Convergence card. Maybe I should follow his and yours work.
[/quote]

Hahahaha ohhh, isn't this weird? I'M the one who made the "Planetary Convergence" and Agent cards! xD
And let me say, I'm definitely not better than Max here, I've just joined this website.

[quote name='DropDeadDream' timestamp='1322263493' post='5665512']
Hahahaha ohhh, isn't this weird? I'M the one who made the "Planetary Convergence" and Agent cards! xD
And let me say, I'm definitely not better than Max here, I've just joined this website.
[/quote] *cough* *cough* *cough* *coughity* *cough* *cough* Oh. :razz:

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1322266114' post='5665603']
overall all it really does is give you LP

it may cancel out the LP pay cost, but little more

by that logic it's not really as much as you think it is

will probably take too long to reach the amount you want
[/quote]

Except it also is a very, very efficient way of searching cards that work with "Umi".

@ DropDeadDream & Oh My Anubis!: Thanks for the praise...!

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1322266114' post='5665603']
overall all it really does is give you LP

it may cancel out the LP pay cost, but little more

by that logic it's not really as much as you think it is

will probably take too long to reach the amount you want
[/quote]

You didn't read the search effect that searches any "Umi" card and brings it to your hand?

Ninja-ed...

Which 2 Level 5 Water monster you want to attach for this card? Alltogether it's a 3 card combo and 3 card combos without searchings are very difficult to get out especially 2 Level 5 Water monsters. At least you get adds with its effect by detaching, what means it is just a -1 for you in your first turn.

[quote]While "Umi" is face-up: When a WATER monster you control would leave the field by an opponent's card; You can attach it to this card instead. [/quote]

Usually a monster only stays not longer then 2 turns on the field so this effect looks like a bit fantastic to be helpful, because this card has already 2 cards for detaching when you summon it.

[quote]During your next Standby Phase: Gain Life Points equal to the number of monsters attached by this effect x 200.[/quote]

Its unique that this will be activated and if it happens then its like nothing happens.

But i must say these ideas are special to summon a monster at this way and to get new detaching material on this card.

[quote name='sdkinslayer' timestamp='1322985807' post='5685112']
Which 2 Level 5 Water monster you want to attach for this card? Alltogether it's a 3 card combo and 3 card combos without searchings are very difficult to get out especially 2 Level 5 Water monsters. At least you get adds with its effect by detaching, what means it is just a -1 for you in your first turn.
[/quote]

Depending on what type of "Umi" Deck it is, it might use any of a selection of "Amphibious Bugroth"/"Deepsea Shark" ("Mobius"/"Daedalus" Deck), "Cyber Shark"/"Giga Gagagigo"/"Rage of Deep Sea"/"Terrorking Salmon" (Beatdown Deck), "Divine Dragon Aquabizzare"/"Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness" (Sea Serpent Deck), "Shark Cruiser" (Swarm-Style Deck), or "Testudo ero Numen" (Lockdown Deck).

[quote name='sdkinslayer' timestamp='1322985807' post='5685112']
Usually a monster only stays not longer then 2 turns on the field so this effect looks like a bit fantastic to be helpful, because this card has already 2 cards for detaching when you summon it.
[/quote]

"Umi" lockdown Decks focus on keeping their monsters on the field and stopping their opponent from attacking or destroying their field. This is meant to stay around for a while.

[quote]
Amphibious Bugroth = Fusion Monster Level 5 Water
Deepsea Shark = Fusion Monster Level 5 Water
[/quote]

Possible with Instant Fusion only. The problem is that you need more reasons to play instant furion in your deck next to Neptunian Princess.

[quote]Amphibious Bugroth MK-3 = Effect Monster Level 4 Water As long as "Umi" remains face-up on the field, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly.[/quote]

It's a level 4 Monster.

[quote]Mobius the Frost Monarch = Effect Monster Level 6 Water When this card is Tribute Summoned, you can destroy up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards on the field.[/quote]

It's a level 6 Monster. So you need Legendary Ocean.

[quote]Levia-Dragon Daedalus = Effect Monster Level 7 Water Send "Umi" on your side of the field to the Graveyard to destroy all cards on the field except this card.[/quote]

I dont' know how this card can be combinated with Neptunian Princess.

[quote]
Cyber Shark = Normal Monster Level 5 Water
Giga Gagagigo = Normal Monster Level 5 Water
Rage of Deep Sea = Effect Monster Level 5 Water This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Fish-Type, Sea Serpent-Type, and Aqua-Type monster in your Graveyard.
Terrorking Salmon = Normal Monster Level 5 Water
[/quote]

You can use this monsters to summon it ok. But how you summon them? With Legendary Ocean? Its not possible since it reduce their level to 4 on the field.

[quote]
Shark Cruiser = Effect Monster Level 5 Water If this face-up card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect, you can Special Summon up to 2 level 4 or lower WATER monsters from your Deck.
[/quote]

The effect isnt also not helpful to get Neptunian Princess out. Far from it. You need to play Level 4 or lower monsters also in your Deck to use this effect. So less possible Monsters in your deck to play out Neptunian Princess.

[quote]
Divine Dragon Aquabizzare = Effect Monster Level 5 Water Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 other face-up WATER monster and select 1 Continuous or Field Spell Card in your Graveyard to return it to the top of your Deck.
[/quote]

This effect is just a -1. Seeing that there is no easy way to get out Neptunian Princess this card is absolutely not playable.

[quote]Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness = Effect Monster Level 5 Water By Tributing 1 "Torpedo Fish" on your side of the field, destroy 1 monster on the field. By Tributing 1 "Cannonball Spear Shellfish" on your side of the field, destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field.[/quote]

Its the same problem like Shark Cruiser just less playable since you need 1 more monster on the field.

[quote]
Testudo ero Numen = Effect Monster Level 1 Water Neither player can Special Summon monsters with 1800 or more ATK.
[/quote]

Its a level 1 Monster. But at least you dont block yourself since Neptunian Princess is the first monster in yugioh which will not be summoned.

[quote]"Umi" lockdown Decks focus on keeping their monsters on the field and stopping their opponent from attacking or destroying their field. This is meant to stay around for a while.[/quote]
Your right with that. But Neptunian Princess isnt good in a lockdown "Umi" Deck. Like in each other deck also. Because its to expensiv and difficult to get it out. And if you played it out its just a -1 in your first turn.

[quote name='sdkinslayer' timestamp='1323053490' post='5687617']
This card's name is treated as "Umi". Downgrade all WATER monsters in both player's[b] hands and on the field by 1 Level[/b]. Increases the ATK and DEF of all WATER monsters by 200 points.

Could it be that Neptunian Princess is a XZY monster?
[/quote]

I'd have thought you'd have worked it out by now, but alas.

The second set of brackets states '(You can use printed Level 5 monsters for this card's placing)', which means as long as they have five Level Stars printed on their actual card, they can be used. Hence, the use of the standard Level 5 monsters used by "Umi" Decks...

Your other newest creation has a XYZ backgroundpicture and this not. In addition there is no note that Neptunian Princess is a XYZ monster. So this card is a XYZ Monster?

My aim is just to give you a true critique, sometimes i make also mistakes. But i dont give crude comments like most ppl do it. If i would get critique like that i would still show my cards in this forum.

Archived