[Thar] Spontaneous Combustion

Thar

[center]Haven't posted a card in a while.[/center]

[center][img]http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5972/12457.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][b]Treat this card as a Continuous Spell card. Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent, then inflict an additional 500 damage to your opponent during each of his or her Standby Phases. While this card is in play, your opponent can discard a WATER, LIGHT, or DARK monster from their hand to destroy this card. Your opponent can sacrifice a creature to negate this card.[/b][/center]

[center]C&C for a returning beginner.[/center]

[b]Treat this card as a Continuous Spell card. Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent, then inflict an additional 500 damage to your opponent during each of his or her Standby Phases. While this card is in play, your opponent can discard a WATER, LIGHT, or DARK monster from their hand to destroy this card. Your opponent can offer 1 monster as a Tribute to destroy this card.[/b]

[left][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"]Minor OCG fix. Aside from that, it's quite good; my only qualm is the initial 1000 LP damage. I think it's a bit too high. Then again, I'm quite conservative/reactionary when it comes to Yu-Gi-Oh (I still refuse to acknowledge Synchros as legitimate), so what would I know?[/color][/font][/left]

[quote name='TheEnguinMaster' timestamp='1322599760' post='5674539']
You should just make it a continuous spell card and be done with it. There's no real cost involved in this for you and you basically inflict 1500 points damage if you play it during your turn and that could wipe your opponent out in some situations i.e. near the end of the game.
[/quote]

If it was a Continuous Spell card to start off, the user couldn't cast it on their opponent's turn; hence "spontaneous".

...and the damage is only an option. It can be negated by tributing a monster, so it gives them the option.

Also, Wahd, "offering a monster as a Tribute" is obsolete now. Now they say "tributing a monster", but you did correct me on the "sacrificing" part, cause that's a Magic: the Gathering term.

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1322601598' post='5674616']
Also, Wahd, "offering a monster as a Tribute" is obsolete now. Now they say "tributing a monster", but you did correct me on the "sacrificing" part, cause that's a Magic: the Gathering term.
[/quote]
I'm a stickler for the old OCG, but thanks (and you're welcome) anyway.

has a very good burn effect

change sacrifice to tribute

for your last sentence, I'm a bit confused.

When you said your opponent can tribute a monster to negate this card, does that make its effect negated PERMANENTLY, or just for 1 turn?

Because if it's the former then the WATER, LIGHT, and DARK effect wouldn't make any sense

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1322616747' post='5675289']
has a very good burn effect
[color=#ff0000]Thanks.[/color]
change sacrifice to tribute
[color=#ff0000]Got that.[/color]
for your last sentence, I'm a bit confused.
When you said your opponent can tribute a monster to negate this card, does that make its effect negated PERMANENTLY, or just for 1 turn?
[color="#ff0000"]Permanently, as in "removes it from the field before it resolves" negates.[/color]
Because if it's the former then the WATER, LIGHT, and DARK effect wouldn't make any sense
[color=#ff0000]My first idea was discarding just any monster, but that would be too easy.[/color]
[/quote]

Archived