global priorities

WTFauKorean

In an ideal world we would solve all problems at once, but we aren't
so maybe instead of looking at the problems as the bigger picture, we have to think more superficially for this one.

and although everyone hates being the one to prioritize what world issues are more important to solve than the others, the only way for us to actually sweep success is to know where to start.

basically the point made is that between global warming and AIDS virus there is not one that is more or less important.

the importance is with the limited resources that we have what should come first?

so I want to hear what you guys think by making a list of priorities when it comes to solving world issues.

throw in your justifications and solutions or whatever

if you can't think of any world issues and you just want to fill in the blank here are some well known ones in no particular order

1. poverty
2. hunger
3. hygienic insufficiency in 3rd world countries
4. pollution
5. global warming
6. disease and viruses can be specified
7. malnutrition
8. street violence
9. major conflicts
10. illegal trades
11. substance wars
12. racism
13. discrimination against sexual orientation
14. human trafficking
15. abductions

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1322857990' post='5680987']
I'm American so one of my priorities is to get my government to make things priority, instead of doing things randomly.

My main issue is world energy/pollution/ect, mostly because I think it will help with the other stuff.
[/quote]

noEZ Teh Envoironmentz is fINE

Let's y00s gas 4ever!

Derp

Lol, this sounds a little too liberal for my taste.

Though, I've lived in poverty, in section 8 housing when I was younger, in fact, not even, maybe up until 3 years ago. I lived with my mom, she couldn't afford the gas bill or even the electric bill. I lived like this for 11 years. Then I moved in with my dad, whereas he had more money. But listen, the point I'm trying to make with this, and as Legend Zero has said, if there wasn't poverty, there would be a higher demand for everything, same as in third world countries. We are in, what the liberals call, a recession. Even if problems like this were to be fixed, we'd be in even more of a recession because of the amount of demand people will have for items. And it's not like those in poverty will rise up even more because all the good jobs have been taken out of the country, i.e. TV production, looming for clothing. It's all foreign and it's only going to make things tougher if those jobs were brought back the the country because our country has something called minimum wage, that third world countries don't have. If American countries made goods in the States so that more Americans could have jobs, our economy would plummet because they have to pay their workers more money. There are barely any manufacturing jobs in this country, it's mostly service jobs. For example, I work the grill and do register for a Wendy's Hamburgers Restaurant, it's a service job. Sure, my dad works on an assembly line, but it's for a chemical company and it's not like we're going to ship these chemicals overseas from a third world country...

But anyway, to sum up this view on poverty, it's not going to help anyone to relieve everybody from poverty. It's not going to work. Though, in few cases, like my own, it works. But to relieve everyone from it, it's not going to work. Plus, living poor, to me, wasn't really that bad minus the fact there were no hot showers really, or the fact that crime stays rampant through poverty.

At least how I see it.

[quote name='Sin Aura' timestamp='1322861263' post='5681115']
Lol, this sounds a little too liberal
[/quote]
Yes, now I really want to be here!
My main priority is finding a way to beat Conservatism and get rid of the Republicans control of the Senate... I know to many that isn't a big thing but to me it is...

[quote name='.Requiem' timestamp='1322863769' post='5681207']
Why do you have such a major problem with Republicans? Just wondering what part of conservatism do you dislike?
[/quote]
They support the rich and not eh below classes...
Conservatism hinders economic growth...
And I am living in Ameria with a Republican controlled Senate that won't let Obama pass anything at all that will help our economy because they are idiots...
No conservative president has ever done any good...
I miss the old Liberal Republicans like Abraham Lincoln, William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt...
And maybe Calvin Coolidge considering he was more moderate/liberal than conservative... However he was a little too blind to the problems facing the country so I won't dwell there...

[quote name='Izaya Orihara' timestamp='1322864299' post='5681233']
They support the rich and not eh below classes...
Conservatism hinders economic growth...
And I am living in Ameria with a Republican controlled Senate that won't let Obama pass anything at all that will help our economy because they are idiots...
No conservative president has ever done any good...
I miss the old Liberal Republicans like Abraham Lincoln, William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt...
And maybe Calvin Coolidge considering he was more moderate/liberal than conservative... However he was a little too blind to the problems facing the country so I won't dwell there...
[/quote]
Don't conservatives like small government? Like lower taxes, doesn't that help lower classes?
The same thing happens with a Republican president and a democrat controlled congress. Just seems like neither side wants to get along.
I would call George Washington a conservative. He did not do anything good? I would say Reagan was good as well.

One problem that needs fixing and gets harder to fix with each passing year, and that's genetically passed diseases like Autism. People are always commenting on how there's more and more autistic kids in the world, and it's because we let them reproduce. Don't get me wrong, I don't think diseases like this should be wiped out by killing everyone with the disease, it's immoral and impractical. The main problem I have with letting them reproduce is that they require more resources than the normal person to live, yet they work less. Stopping it is as simple as not letting anyone who has these diseases reproduce. But with each passing year, more and more people are born with them, so it's harder to track. Plus they take up more resources that more productive people could be using than the average person does, which is a strain on us. And again, I think they should be allowed their chance at life, so I don't want it to be taken like that. I just think that we could stop them from reproducing, that way less people have the disease. The relief on the resources is just an added bonus.

[quote name='TheComposer' timestamp='1322867928' post='5681375']
One problem that needs fixing and gets harder to fix with each passing year, and that's genetically passed diseases like Autism. People are always commenting on how there's more and more autistic kids in the world, and it's because we let them reproduce. Don't get me wrong, I don't think diseases like this should be wiped out by killing everyone with the disease, it's immoral and impractical. The main problem I have with letting them reproduce is that they require more resources than the normal person to live, yet they work less. Stopping it is as simple as not letting anyone who has these diseases reproduce. But with each passing year, more and more people are born with them, so it's harder to track. Plus they take up more resources that more productive people could be using than the average person does, which is a strain on us. And again, I think they should be allowed their chance at life, so I don't want it to be taken like that. I just think that we could stop them from reproducing, that way less people have the disease. The relief on the resources is just an added bonus.
[/quote]

EVERYONE is on the autism spectrum somewhere. Not letting people with autism or so forth is robbing their rights. If they wanna have sex, let them.

Anyway, first global priority should be attaining world peace, then hunger, then disease. Everything else doesn't matter enough for it needed to be sorted out almost immediately unless brought up.

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1322868511' post='5681394']
EVERYONE is on the autism spectrum somewhere. Not letting people with autism or so forth is robbing their rights. If they wanna have sex, let them.

Anyway, first global priority should be attaining world peace, then hunger, then disease. Everything else doesn't matter enough for it needed to be sorted out almost immediately unless brought up.
[/quote]I've had serious thought about world peace, but to be quite honest, wars are the only things that keep over population in check. I'd still like world peace even after that fact, but the point of the matter is, there is always going to be someone who wants someone else dead. So I think world peace should not be the first priority, as it's just not a practical objective.

• 3 weeks later...

holy ballalzy i was not paying attention
so anyways using for realzy professional economist information we found this

the #1 best priority was AIDS prevention and then AIDS cure
which is like $25 bil over 8 years pretty much takes care of everything

#5 was freetrade which would kill a good amount of 3rd world country poverty

and way end of the list at like 50 something we have global warming
which is surprising for some but its not that its not happening or its less important, all of these issues are important

but they find in terms of what we are limited to and whats in front of us
medical issues and poverty issues we're more rationally solvable and had more output than global warming, global conflicts and multiple wars around the world

[quote name='WTFauKorean' timestamp='1324393643' post='5718908']
holy ballalzy i was not paying attention
so anyways using for realzy professional economist information we found this

the #1 best priority was AIDS prevention and then AIDS cure
which is like $25 bil over 8 years pretty much takes care of everything

#5 was freetrade which would kill a good amount of 3rd world country poverty

and way end of the list at like 50 something we have global warming
which is surprising for some but its not that its not happening or its less important, all of these issues are important

but they find in terms of what we are limited to and whats in front of us
medical issues and poverty issues we're more rationally solvable and had more output than global warming, global conflicts and multiple wars around the world
[/quote]So an illness that affects a group of people outweighs something that could affect everyone on Earth. Welcome to the real world.

[quote name='TheComposer' timestamp='1322867928' post='5681375']
[/quote]
Holy s*** you're retarded.

Archived