Shinku Shoku no Suchīru: Trials of Flesh (First Fic)(Prologue up)

Thar

[left][color=#b22222][size=8][b]S[/b][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=8][b]hi[/b][b]n[/b][b]ku[/b] [/size][/color][color=#b22222][size=8][b]S[/b][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=8][b]hoku[/b] [b]no[/b] [/size][/color][color=#b22222][size=8][b]S[/b][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=8][b]uchīru:[/b][/size][/color][/left]
[left][color=#b22222][size=6][b]Trials of Flesh[/b][/size][/color][/left]

[left][i][b][~*QUICK NOTE BEFORE READING: This is my first official Fan-fic. C&C is most definitively accepted.][/b][/i][/left]

[left][spoiler=Prologue *WARNING! MAY CONTAIN GORE!*][/left]

[left]The town of Nakashibetsu, Japan sat below several clouds - clouds that hid what was already a quiet environment. Lives were lived normally. Everyone was committed to their duties. However, the streets were stained with blood.[/left]

[left]By this time, the blood was already bonded with the pavement. It marked the day that humanity was on the brink of destruction, starting with the idle town of Nakashibetsu. It would appear to an average person that the cause was nearly invincible, but a miracle took place when it suddenly stopped in its tracks, leaving several bodies piled up behind but millions of others still alive.[/left]

[left]Years have passed since this incident. By now most of the inhabitants have forgotten about the stains. But not everyone was at peace. Driving into the country roads outside the town borders was the vehicle of Sgt. Iyagatte Mashito, a well trusted officer and the man who stopped the killing with a shot to the back of the neck of the killer. The man drove miles out until he reached the cut-off where the mountains started, parking well off the edge of the road and locked all the doors, setting a bear trap by each of them and covering them with twigs and leaves.[/left]
[left]The sergeant remembered that day bluntly. As he eyed the road, blurry thoughts ran through his mind like he was hallucinating, however they remained invisible to him in reality. That one time in his career when he felt like an actual officer and not just a security guard that sat around[/left]
[left]and ate out of boredom… that was then:[/left]

[left][i]…I remember it as if it was only yesterday; that one day that I truly felt like a hero. A lot like today, it was peaceful, quiet, and laid back. The sky whispered words of nothing but a beautiful day. The wind caressed the locks of my hair and made them sway to the music of the people living their lives in solitude and happiness. Those days gave me one hell of a break in my duty. Crime only came it small waves with long intervals in between. [/i][/left]

[left][i]It was well into the days of winter when things got out of hand. I was on my normal duty, scouting the streets and watching for suspicious behavior. When to my surprise, I heard screaming. This was no ordinary scream, like the high-pitched screech of a woman in danger or fright. This was the scream of death. As many other voices echoing throughout the street around the corner from where I sped around, the scream of death stood out among the rest - agony, blood curdling in their windpipe, and overall pain forcing its way out of the victim’s pores.[/i][/left]

[left][i]The scream was followed by an ocean of blood that nearly hit my windshield as I made my way into the scene. Chaos hit like lightning, sending people flailing in random directions. I made my way out of the vehicle towards where the red fluid gushed from. I saw a person in the shadows making their way through the alleyways. However, I saw in the silhouette what I thought was a blade. It did not look like any ordinary blade, yet it was hard to tell from the distance.[/i][/left]

[left][i]I rushed through the streets and around the corner to see where it was headed. From what I saw, it was headed towards an appliance store. I saw this as an opportunity to prove myself, arming myself with my trusty 12-gauge and sprinting into the scene. Several other police officers were headed there way by the sounds of the sirens, and by the way the killer changed directions, it must have been spooked. It ran into a popular area where several people loitered and made their way across the streets, panicking at the sight of-[/i][/left]

[left][i]…the sight of… oh God. The sight was horrendous. Like… the killer was… not human. I could not put my finger on it, but it was like nothing I have ever seen before. All I saw was blood spurting from his arms then later the blood of his next victim squirting out like a sprinkler. Guts oozed through afterwards, flagging the end of the assault and leaving nothing but a disemboweled corpse that stained the streets several yards out. I could not bear the sight of it, but the way that killer sliced the guy open was not of this Earth, yet it looked so relevant as far as human anatomy.[/i][/left]

[left][i]I did not hesitate. I took my shotgun and trailed the bastard, not looking back. Many people watched me as I progressed with all my stamina, mingling words of awe and curiosity. The killer was just about cornered when I made my way around to several police cars obstructing the road that was stained with more blood. I did not wait. The killer was motionless and I bolted behind him, blasting his neck from behind. To my surprise, the blow barely chipped off any bones. However, blood poured down his back like a river, meeting the ground the same time the killer did – but as another passive sigh of relief escaped my lungs, the body twitched.[/i][/left]

[left][i]Several squads took the body and sealed it in an impenetrable coffin and shipped it into the mountains, where they kept it imprisoned and away from civilization for good. This was the day I was recognized as a town hero and was promoted to Sergeant, dubbing me Sgt. Iyagatte Mashito.[/i][/left]

[left]It was a long and exhausting walk. Iyagatte was not in shape for an officer of his rank. His beer belly sagged under his beige suit that hung over his tight-fitting t-shirt, which was tucked into a pair of khakis that constrained his waistline, showing a muffin top fit for a king. On occasion he took out a snack bar that he had stashed in his several suit pockets and munched while in stride through the rough terrain.[/left]

[left]After nearly an hour of walking, Iyagatte finally reached Mt. Shari, the hideout for the top secret prison that held the killer from long ago captive. He was ready to officially see whom or what the killer was and what his business was in Nakashibetsu.[/left]

[left]“Man! Couldn’t they at least dig an underground tunnel or something?” Iyagatte was nearly breathless from the walk, bending over to rebuild his stamina.[/left]

[left]After more walking, he found the secret door, scanning his card and reciting the secret phrase to open it:[/left]
[left][i]Shinku Shoku no Such[/i][i]ī[/i][i]ru![/i][/left]

[left]The ground began to shake within Iyagatte’s feet, making him nearly loose his balance. The mountain wall before him suddenly started to part, revealing a hallway to a capsule that was lit up by several torches. He made his way through the hall and into the capsule, which was a nearly tight fit for his weight. The capsule shot him down into the main lobby of the prison, where several other officers in green uniforms stood guard in front of the hallways leading to the cells. Making his way towards the hall, the guards recognized him and parted for him to pass through.[/left]

[left]The hall of cells was spacious. Each cell had its own prisoner, which have all committed their own crimes in various parts of northern Japan. Their environment consisted of nothing but titanium alloy and safety glass to look into them. Some prisoners were in strait jackets. Others were cuffed to the walls and hung. But only one was specially constrained, and that was the one that Iyagatte faced some years ago.[/left]

[left]The cell was the same as the rest, but it was shrouded in electrical circuits and lazer guns were set nearly three yards apart from each other. The prisoner, whom looked like a teenager, drooped in hopelessness from a pair of heavily reinforced cuffs hanging from the ceiling and a juristically weighed down foot constraint that was chained to the walls on each corner. A thick, lead vest weighed down his shoulders while his arms and legs were molded in liquid steel.[/left]

[left]Iyagatte observed the man. “A bit of a harsh holding, don’t you think? These cell walls were constructed to handle the force of an artillery unit.”[/left]

[left]The officer standing guard only moved his eyes to look at the sergeant. “The commander of this prison gave direct orders to constrain this one with the utmost clearance that he will not escape. He said that this one might actually break through if he is not held properly.”[/left]

[left]Iyagatte raised his brow at the officer. Break out of Mt. Shari prison? Preposterous! “What makes him think such a thing? No human weapon can penetrate these cells!”[/left]

[left]“Human…” the officer standing guard, becoming uneasy, started to sweat in the brow, “That’s exactly why he wanted him held like this. You see…” he leaned closer to Iyagatte, “The boss doesn’t think this guy is human.”[/left]

[left]“Not human?” Iyagatte suddenly flashed back to what he saw in the streets that day. For as clear as he saw it back then, it was still a blurry silhouette, but it was enough to convince him that the officer was right. “Not human. Could it be possible?”[/left]

[left]He looked back into the cell. The man was still drooping in the holding. It looked like nothing was going to be attempted, but at the same time Iyagatte felt cold in the feet. His eyes spotted a small movement near the prisoner’s head. It looked like a flap that was opened on the side of his head.[/left]

[left]“What is it, sir?” The guard looked over in slight worry. Any sign of concern towards such a prisoner meant trouble.[/left]

[left]“…what is that?”[/left]

[left]The guard looked at the prisoner, “…I don’t know. It looks like…”[/left]

[left]“…a radio.”[/left]

[left]A violent shake struck the area immediately after he spoke, almost as if it were an explosion.[/left]

[left]“What the f*ck was that?!”[/left]

[left]“I dunno sir. Could be an earthquake.”[/left]

[left]“Could be, but the shock was rather sudden for a fault.”[/left]

[left]“Maybe, sir, but someti-”[/left]

[left]Another blast knocked everyone off their balance. This time, Iyagatte’s eyes could not be wider. The guard saw it right away, shaking in fright.[/left]

[left]There was a crack in the cell.[/left]

[left]Red emergency lights flashed the area while a siren pierced the near silence. All the officers scurried towards the cell and frantically called out orders in their radios. Iyagatte did not let the chaos run him down, however. The guard whose duty was to stand by the cell was no longer there, fleeing the scene in terror. The other prisoners flailed to try and see the commotion on the outside of their cells, hoping one of them would escape.[/left]

[left]More chaos. Yelling, panicking, and shoving all throughout the prison. Officers grew in quantity and went to secure the back rooms. But when order finally came, another explosion occurred. This time they knew it was not an earthquake, for flames lighted the area and began to creep in from the cracks. The place was nuts, and Iyagatte struggled to sneak through the crowd because of his size.[/left]

[left]At once he knew that it was hopeless. Frozen in front of the glass, he stared blankly into what used to be the holding place of the most threatening prisoner in Mt. Shari.[/left]

[left]Now he is gone.[/left]

[left]The chaos was now silent to Iyagatte, for what he had stopped once was free again. What was worse was the gaping hole in the back of the cell that was engulfed with flames. He found it impossible for an opening to be in the mountain because there wasn’t, but this opening was surely blasted open. He put his hand on his forehead, wishing it was all a dream. But it wasn’t, and it was certainly more horrific than any nightmare he could have, which is more than just comparing things in his career as a law enforcer.[/left]

[left]He didn’t think. He rushed across the hall packed with adrenaline. Turning several corners and bolting down every long hallway, he found the garage that held several off-terrain vehicles. He shuffled down the ramp and onto one of the ATVs, revving it up with as much dedication to his career as any hero would dedicate his life to saving people from danger. He gave it gas, and before he knew it, the vehicle bolted out of the garage through the center of the mountain and out where the rocky terrain spiked in difficulty.[/left]

[left]Meanwhile, the prison was suddenly quiet. Sparks flew from the wires connecting the electrical system while smoke corrupted the lungs of passing officers. For a few moments it was silent, then it was broken once again with the sound of death teasing the ears of the weak stomached. A shadow outlined the death with a hanging corpse and a bloody blade impaling it. As the corpse dropped to the floor, the floor highlighted red as the killer revealed himself.[/left]

[left]Every officer reached for their guns and pointed them at the man. They all shook in both fear and anger, desperately wanting to shot his ass down. The killer only looked at them blankly, exchanging looks of mixed emotions.[/left]

[left]“You are surrounded!” shouted one of the veteran officers, “Get on the ground with your hands on your head!”[/left]

[left]The killer neither moved nor blinked.[/left]

[left]“I SAID PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK, A**HOLE!” The armed officers moved closer, redirecting their barrels to the man’s head. Fear was replaced with anger, their fingers shook near the triggers eager to fire.[/left]

[left]The man said nothing. He only dared to move his arms out in front of him. The officers backed away, somewhat frightened. The man smiled, remaining motionless.[/left]

[left]“I will say this for the last time. PUT. YOUR HANDS. BEHIND. YOUR. HEA-”[/left]

[left]In an instant, blades swiveled out of each of the man’s arms and catapulted spurts of blood into the line of guns. The officers in front of the others were nearly blinded by the fluid, followed by impalement to the hearts and disembowelment from the ribcage down. Guts decorated the floor as more officers dove in to exterminate, only to be met by another blade to the eyes and out the back of their skulls. The killer then slid the showing blades across each other in a way that decapitated both officers in time to pounce on the remaining mob, slitting deep into two rows of their crotch areas, leaving parts dangling and blood draining out of their systems.[/left]

[left]The officers left standing opened fire, but it was futile. The bullets were easily deflected by the man’s blades, which opened another grin. With no gesture, the blades swiveled back into his arms. The officers inched closer thinking he had submitted, but they instantly backed away when they saw his shoulder rise and swivel to aim a glowing blue light at them. Before they had a chance to turn their backs, a blue lazer incinerated them from the chest up, leaving their limbs to flail onto the floor and rot over time.[/left]

[left]As blood trickled down from the man’s shoulders, he strode towards the prison entrance, blasting through every obstacle that stood in his way. He cared less for the other prisoners as he walked through the doorway leading to the lobby, where he opened the door to outside and breathed the fresh air. He started down the mountain, but was stopped by a familiar voice:[/left]

[left]“Now where d’ya think you’re going?”[/left]

[left]The man slowly turned around to see none other than Iyagatte, the man who turned him in. “I burned more calories than I ate taking you down. What makes you think you can just walk away?”[/left]

[left]The sergeant had a 600 Nitro Express pointed at the man. The man knew it was powerful enough to shut him down. He merely stood erect and spoke formally:[/left]

[left][color=#ff0000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][I apologize for the commotion, Sergeant. But a single night longer in that cell would have driven me insane and I would have destroyed myself. I could not let that happen. Even people like me need fresh air.][/font][/color][/left]

[left]“…and just what are you to think you are any different from us?”[/left]

[left]The man was silent – his face emotionless.[/left]

[left][color=#ff0000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][You speak of such things as if I was different. From my knowledge, we are merely the same. We both kill mercilessly and for no purpose.][/font][/color][/left]

[left]“You son of a-”[/left]

[left]Before the gun nearly hit his head from the force it made, the man was gone.[/left]

[left][font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#ff0000][Foolish human. Do you not blame yourselves for your recklessness? We shall meet again, this time with more time to talk. You can refer to me as Jake. Until then, Sir Mashito.][/color][/font][/left]

[left]Silence followed. Iyagatte looked around to see where he – Jake – was hiding, but he saw no traces of him. He merely stood there, motionless with guilt and anger swelling through his being.[/left]

[left][i]…we shall meet again.[/i][/left]
[left][/spoiler][/left]

[left]...if it ends up being good, I'll start to write Chapter 1.[/left]

[left]In the meantime... how'd I do?[/left]

[quote name='Passion Pit' timestamp='1322888094' post='5682263']
Could you not center align it, Bro?

It makes it a pain to read.

Also is this based off of something? If so, what?
[/quote]

Fixed.

It's not really based off anything. I thought of the idea while comparing other things that people used and thought it was unique, so I just started writing.

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1322888490' post='5682281']
Fixed.

It's not really based off anything. I thought of the idea while comparing other things that people used and thought it was unique, so I just started writing.
[/quote]Danke. That'll make it easier to read. Still not as easy as it not being made off anything makes it tho.

[quote name='Passion Pit' timestamp='1322888546' post='5682282']
Still not as easy as it not being made off anything makes it tho.
[/quote]

I never base my writing off other things. I've tried it, several times. It was horrible.

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1322888783' post='5682301']
I never base my writing off other things. I've tried it, several times. It was horrible.
[/quote]Lol, I usually only like taking inspiration. It's what's making my fan-fic interesting, and somewhat dead. But it'll come back.

[quote name='Kyubey' timestamp='1322942467' post='5683592']
Please put a content warning in your thread title - the paragraphs starting from "In an instant,..." may not appeal to everyone with the level of gore you're describing.
[/quote]

You might as well just lock it. No one seems to be reading it now, anyways.

I'll put the warning there nonetheless.

Thanks. Also, I’m impressed that you’ve done your research: for all you uninformed readers, [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakashibetsu,_Hokkaid%C5%8D"]Nakashibetsu[/url] and [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Shari"]Mt. Shari[/url] are in fact in northeastern Hokkaido. However, this is immediately counterbalanced by the fact that the police officer has no Japanese name I’ve heard before, and Japanese for “steel” would be “hagane”. Just something to point out, which is made more noticeable by the fact that the (supposed) main character's name is English.

[quote name='The Swift Assaulter' timestamp='1323204791' post='5691125']
Talk about the perfect plot for a horror game. The difference from the last biggest horror game to this, this fic would beat it by a longshot. Keep going with this. I love it!
[/quote]

Thanks. I probably won't continue this story, but I'll keep the horror idea in mind, cause that seems to be my style.

Archived