The Mystic Roses: Illness of the Wilted [OOC/Not Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

[Spoiler=Plot]
Life seemed pretty normal for you, whoever you are, up until just a while ago. Suddenly, a few weeks ago, people started coming down with strange illnesses, for which no cure was known. Some people started dying from causes not related to the illness, from causes no one had ever seen before. The occasional survivor usually went crazy, some let out little blurts that sounded like information, but they weren't sound enough to elaborate on what they said. The doctors didn't know what to think of it, a new sudden illness, with no known cure, side effects unknown, cause unknown, etc etc.

Some people were not too bothered by this, thinking they'll find a cure, or it'll blow over, others worried, but didn't pay much attention, and some panicked, but how you may have reacted doesn't really matter right now. What matters is that you've just received an envelope. Whether you received it in your school locker, it ended up in your desk at work, a strange man handed to you on the street, etc, etc. Inclosed in the envelope was a card with some weird print on it, a plane ticket to some place you've probably never heard of, an odd shaped bundle of something, wrapped in cloth, a rose, and a letter that reads as follows:

[left][i]Dear, receiver of this letter.[/i][/left]
[left][i]I realize you may be confused about the the odd things happening, and the strange circumstances under which you may have received this letter, but that can all be explained later. [/i][/left]
[left][i]Truth be told, I MAY known what is causing this strange illness to happen, and no medical procedure will cure it, it's something more than that. I have acquired knowledge that you may be among a select few who could help stop it. Enclosed with this letter you will find a plane ticket to the island on which I operate, as well as an I.D. card, to verify who you are. I expect you to come within two weeks of receiving this letter, and I hope I can rely on it. [/i][/left]
[left][i]I realize how hard it must be to believe me, so as a show of good will, along with everything else, I've included what roughly translates to a million British Pounds in your currency. You can choose to take it and not follow this letter, or you can accept it as a sign of faith. Your choice.[/i][/left]

[left][i]Yours Truly[/i][/left]
[left][i]Raphael, of Organization SR CXXVI[/i][/left]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Rules]
1. If you, for some reason, have not, read the RP section rules.
2. Host and Co-hosts are to be listened to.
3. No killing, nor severe harming of other RPers without the consent of both me and said RPer.
4. 2 App Maximum.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=App]
Username:
Name:
Sexuality:
Appearance: (Pic or 3+ line description are both acceptable)
Bio: (4+ lines, be sure to include getting your letter)
Personality: (3+ lines)
Weaponry: (Usually to be given upon arriving at Organization SR CXXVI, unless stated otherwise in bio)
Skills: (IE things like lock-picking, and other skills. Note that magic will not be able to be used until a certain thing happens at Organization SR CXXVI)
Other: (Anything that doesn't fit into the other categories)
[/spoiler]
To clarify, there is to be no magic from the start. You can list spells, but you will not be able to use them right away.

[Spoiler=The aforementioned Mystic Roses]
There are special 10 roses of different colors that hold special powers. They're said to be able to restore any diminished part of nature. The roses are as follows:
The Red Rose
The White Rose
The Blue Rose
The Black Rose
The Green Rose
The Brown Rose
The Orange Rose
The Pink Rose
The Purple Rose
And The Yellow Rose

Apart, each rose is not nearly as powerful, of course. They may be able to restore dead plants, maybe even trees, but that's about it. If all ten are together though, they're supposed to be able to restore entire jungles and forests, purify entire seas or even oceans, and cleanse the air of all pollution.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=What exactly you'll be fighting]
A strange group of beasts whose true name is unknown. They come in many shapes and sizes, but depending on how powerful they are, they can range from tiny, pitch black shadow creatures, to things that look like humans but with white skin, to humongous beasts with many limbs. Organization SR CXXVI, being presumably the only ones who know about them, refer to them as "The Wilted" or "The wilters" as they kill everything they come into contact with, hence the disease spread throughout the world.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Accepted Apps]
[b]Hatcher - Resererved[/b]
[spoiler=[b]Her Scarlet Knight][/b]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Louis LeBlanc[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Age: 24[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Gender: Male[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Sexuality: Straight[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Appearance: Louis is the self-proclaimed "Sexiest man alive"; By his logic, all other men are inferior to him. He tends to his appearance whenever possible, always fixing his collar or making sure his hair is perfect. His eyes are a fierce green, his average length hair jet black (though his name suggests that he is French in origin, he's more Irish in actuality). His frame is a bit thin, but not so much that you would call him skinny- he's 5'11. Most of the time he could be seen wearing a nice, expensive looking suit (which, along with a lot of other things surrounding him, is a cheap knock-off), and a nice black trilby to top it all off[/size][/font][/color].
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bio: LeBlanc was born when the his parents were, at one point, happy with their marriage. His family seemed to have it all together- they had the money, the friends, the family, the time, and the love. Everything seemed perfect for the first few years of his childhood. He learned at an exceptional rate, skipping first grade altogether. At about nine years old, though, things began to change. He found that his mother, a very attractive purebred Irish woman, was cheating on her husband. Already possessing an understanding of their bond, Louis grew enraged at the woman. His mother threatened him with beatings if he told his father, so he kept quiet. As time grew by, though, he grew angrier. His grades in school started to slip. Eventually he would tell his father about what Sharon ( his mother ), was doing- the old man would become heartbroken and would demand a divorce.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]So, with the family now split, Louis went and lived with his father. His hatred for his mother steadily increased the more time he spent away from her, with him even starting to think of killing her. His siblings, a brother and sister, went to live with Sharon and her new husband, while Louis and his father stayed alone. David LeBlanc was devastated after the split, as was Louis, and grew ill quickly afterwards. At one point he almost died from the illness, but for some odd reason it subsided when there seemed to be no way out. It still existed, though, but it was weakened. Louis went on with his life, though, but his attitude had severely changed. He became more narcissistic as he got older, and he grew only to trust himself and his father. He never entered into a serious relationship with any women, only occasionally taking one out on a date. He never considered any of them good enough to be with him.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Flash to now. Louis is 24 and working at a deli in downtown New York. He never went to college, but that doesn't deter him from going and applying to anywhere that would give him better pay. His father's illness seems to have come back, but this time it is showing no signs of leaving. Others around him also got sick, but he never really noticed. One day he would find a letter on his apartment's doorstep, along with a package containing a rose and one million British pounds. The letter promised him another million pounds upon meeting the demands of the letter. Louis was thrilled. Immediately he would enter his father in to the finest hospital he could afford; curing him was priority number one. After that, he packed his bags and set forth to the airport, rose in hand. It was time to get the money and find out what the hell the letter really was on about.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Personality: As stated before, Louis is known to be extremely narcissistic. Mean spirited, though? No, not really. Although he thinks of others as 'lower beings', he isn't a complete a****** towards them. He can be friendly towards co-workers, and he can occasionally crack a funny joke. He's not the in-your-face type of person, either. If he wanted to hurt you, it would be through rumors and blackmail. He, unlike others in his family, holds grudges. Very, very, very intense grudges. He also doesn't take insults too well; actually, one would be wise to not insult him. Anyone who dares insults him is someone who holds a death wish, according to friends.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Weaponry: He carries around a small switchblade with him, otherwise nothing.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Skills: He's good looking, and can do a majority of tricks with his little switchblade. Other than that, nothing.[/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]
[b]Thunder End Dragon - Reserved[/b]
[/spoiler]

My app is currently being worked on.
As per usual, if you have any questions, ask.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='-Zecora-' timestamp='1325106162' post='5735039']
The roses aren't something that'll be taken up by a single person, per-say, they're more so something that everyone as a whole will use.
Anyway, reserved, if that doesn't change your decision.
[/quote]
Nope, thats absolutely fine. When is this RP due to start, I don't know when I can get my ap in at the moment, got a busy week to finish off.

[quote name='-Zecora-' timestamp='1325106461' post='5735053']
That... I hadn't actually thought that on of the characters would've done that. I had assumed the characters were the ones that took up the offer, but I guess, either they'd be taken by force, or nothing.
[/quote]

Always look for the odd way out. I was going to have a conniving, selfish womanizer for my character. Take the money and flaunt it about. Unless that would be a problem, of course.

[quote name='-Zecora-' timestamp='1325107931' post='5735127']
Well... is there anyone he would conceivably care about besides himself?
[/quote]

He does have a family, though it is more or less split. He hates his mother, his sister, and his brother. He loves his father, whom he feels was betrayed by his mother ( more on that in the app. ) His father is having a really hard time fighting a lung disease, though, and is on death's doorstep. He'd probably use some of the money to help buy him medicine or get it cured.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][spoiler=Lunar's App]Username: Her Scarlet Knight[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Louis LeBlanc[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Age: 24[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Gender: Male[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Sexuality: Straight[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Appearance: Louis is the self-proclaimed "Sexiest man alive"; By his logic, all other men are inferior to him. He tends to his appearance whenever possible, always fixing his collar or making sure his hair is perfect. His eyes are a fierce green, his average length hair jet black (though his name suggests that he is French in origin, he's more Irish in actuality). His frame is a bit thin, but not so much that you would call him skinny- he's 5'11. Most of the time he could be seen wearing a nice, expensive looking suit (which, along with a lot of other things surrounding him, is a cheap knock-off), and a nice black trilby to top it all off[/size][/font][/color].
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bio: LeBlanc was born when the his parents were, at one point, happy with their marriage. His family seemed to have it all together- they had the money, the friends, the family, the time, and the love. Everything seemed perfect for the first few years of his childhood. He learned at an exceptional rate, skipping first grade altogether. At about nine years old, though, things began to change. He found that his mother, a very attractive purebred Irish woman, was cheating on her husband. Already possessing an understanding of their bond, Louis grew enraged at the woman. His mother threatened him with beatings if he told his father, so he kept quiet. As time grew by, though, he grew angrier. His grades in school started to slip. Eventually he would tell his father about what Sharon ( his mother ), was doing- the old man would become heartbroken and would demand a divorce.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]So, with the family now split, Louis went and lived with his father. His hatred for his mother steadily increased the more time he spent away from her, with him even starting to think of killing her. His siblings, a brother and sister, went to live with Sharon and her new husband, while Louis and his father stayed alone. David LeBlanc was devastated after the split, as was Louis, and grew ill quickly afterwards. At one point he almost died from the illness, but for some odd reason it subsided when there seemed to be no way out. It still existed, though, but it was weakened. Louis went on with his life, though, but his attitude had severely changed. He became more narcissistic as he got older, and he grew only to trust himself and his father. He never entered into a serious relationship with any women, only occasionally taking one out on a date. He never considered any of them good enough to be with him.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Flash to now. Louis is 24 and working at a deli in downtown New York. He never went to college, but that doesn't deter him from going and applying to anywhere that would give him better pay. His father's illness seems to have come back, but this time it is showing no signs of leaving. Others around him also got sick, but he never really noticed. One day he would find a letter on his apartment's doorstep, along with a package containing a rose and one million British pounds. The letter promised him another million pounds upon meeting the demands of the letter. Louis was thrilled. Immediately he would enter his father in to the finest hospital he could afford; curing him was priority number one. After that, he packed his bags and set forth to the airport, rose in hand. It was time to get the money and find out what the hell the letter really was on about.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Personality: As stated before, Louis is known to be extremely narcissistic. Mean spirited, though? No, not really. Although he thinks of others as 'lower beings', he isn't a complete a****** towards them. He can be friendly towards co-workers, and he can occasionally crack a funny joke. He's not the in-your-face type of person, either. If he wanted to hurt you, it would be through rumors and blackmail. He, unlike others in his family, holds grudges. Very, very, very intense grudges. He also doesn't take insults too well; actually, one would be wise to not insult him. Anyone who dares insults him is someone who holds a death wish, according to friends.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Weaponry: He carries around a small switchblade with him, otherwise nothing.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Skills: He's good looking, and can do a majority of tricks with his little switchblade. Other than that, nothing.[/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]

[spoiler=App]
Username: Tomiix

Name: Max Cuvvington (Called Maxemillon by his parents.)

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Caucasian, Tall about 6’2” Light Brown hair that reaches straight down to his ears. He is fit for his age, and nothing to extraordinary, people even say he’s too skinny.His left eye is blue while his right eye is red. He has a clear complexion, no scars or other unusual markings. He does how ever have a strange tatoo on his back, ever since he was born he had it. It was in the shape of a dragon, flying up towards his back. It appeared when he was 16. He is usually always in some kind of suit since he is always on the job, but when he is home he likes wearing his baggy pants and short-sleeve shirt.

Bio: Born in England and raised in America, Max is used to participating of events relating to both, would it be watching the presidents Inauguration speech one day while watching the Royal Wedding another day. Both him and his dad run a private detective business that can even be compared to the likes of Sherlock Holmes (which is done often, cause there mostly brits.) He lives with his 47 year old Father and 10 year old sister. His mother died while giving birth to his sister, for the longest time Max blamed her for his mother’s death. He has outgrown the spite though, and now loves his little sister after learning she had a disease before even conceiving his sister. Apparently the disease that killed his mother is now on widespread, although weirdly him, his father and sister were immune. While helping his dad search a very shadowy cloaked dead figure for a case the police needed desperate help with, they found a letter wrapped in cloth, with a Blue Rose and a letter concealed inside. The letter read…

Dear, Mazemillon Cuvvington
I realize you may be confused about the the odd things happening, and the strange circumstances under which you may have received this letter, but that can all be explained later.
Truth be told, I MAY know what is causing this strange illness to happen, and no medical procedure will cure it, it's something more than that. I have acquired knowledge that you may be among a select few who could help stop it. Enclosed with this letter you will find a plane ticket to the island on which I operate, as well as an I.D. card, to verify who you are. I expect you to come within two weeks of receiving this letter, and I hope I can rely on it.
I realize how hard it must be to believe me, so as a show of good will, along with everything else, I've included what roughly translates to a million British Pounds in your currency. You can choose to take it and not follow this letter, or you can accept it as a sign of faith. Your choice.

Yours Truly
Raphael, of Organization SR CXXVI

Personality: Max isn’t really a out of there show it of kind of kid. Before everyone became sick, he would sit in front of the class, answer the questions, and not worry himself about the note passing or such that everyone else was focused on. Yet he still had friends, and as most boys with British accent the girls loved to hear him talk, so far as to sign him up for the debate team. The one thing Max hates though are snakes, and mysteries. Whenever something strange happens and he can’t explain it or it almost seems impossible it kills him. So that is part of the reason he decides to go to this island, to solve another mystery.

Weaponry: He carries a revolver, which is under his father’s name, since in America children can’t carry their own arms. He also has a stiletto switch blade pocket knife. (Maybe he will discover new weapons at the island?)

Skills: Lock-Picking, Strong mind, good communication skills, for example interrogation, or convincing. Stealth, he is able to go into a building and leave without leaving a trace. Ability to use any weapon, once while investigating a scene, a suspect attacked him and he picked up the closest thing to him, a katana, and used it masterfully.
[/spoiler]

I had more time to do this than I thought. What do you think?

[spoiler=App]Username: Simdoggy
Name: Alexander 'Xander' Taylor
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Xander is Australian by birth, and tends to have a fairly Caucasian skin, abeit tanned from his time spent in the harsh Australian sun. He has fairly indescript brown hair and brown eyes and tends to wear fairly loose clothes, as they allow him to conceal daggers much easier. When he is actually going out on a job he sometimes wears a mottled grey cloak that can allow him to blend into the background of a buzy cityscape, though he does have other colour cloaks that can blend in various environments. He has no particular distinguishable features about him but for a small faded scar down the ridgeline of his jaw on the left side from when he was once found by a target who decided to fight back and attempt to avoid being killed. Xander won that fight but he was left with the faint scar that caused him to be more careful when going after a target.
Bio: Xander grew up in a fairly well off Australian family, without much to worry him. He made it through school easily, attaining an OP 1 after getting an A+ in Chemistry and Biology, and an A in Maths B and C. He did a degree in Medicine before majoring in Natural Remedies and soon after he finished he opened a Pharmacy that dealt mostly in herbs and mushrooms that would help to heal sickness and injuries. That Pharmacy was really a front to give him a place to grow herbs and muchrooms that were lethal as well, as he had been training as an assasin for years under his uncle. His university course was mostly used to allow him to grow the lethal herbs and mushrooms amongst the ones that would heal, as well as to teach him about the human body and various diseases, medicines and poisons that he could use to kill his target. He is therefore a trained poisoner, as well as able to use a large variety of weapons with ease. At the time that the unknown disease came about, he was interested in finding out more about it, believing it to be a possibly useful for later assasinations, and used his medical degree to access the doctor's research on the matter, but coming to a dead end when none of the doctors working on the disease managed to find much about it. When he found the letter from Organization SR CXXVI along with a red rose, he decided to follow the path it would take him, leaving his Pharmacy in his uncles control for while he is gone. He also thought there might be a chance of him finding out more about this strange illness, which is his ulterior motive to coming along for the trip.
Personality: Xander is fairly cold, not letting much get to him, and puts on a demeaner of not caring about anything. Underneath that front though he tends to be very protective of that which he cares about, and he has an anger that is quite slow to rouse but if it is roused, he will do whatever he needs to in order to get even with whoever stirred it up in the first place. He also has a habit of drinking coffee when stressed, though he enjoys coffee a lot and will drink it whenever possible too.
Weaponry: Xander uses a variety of weapons, as suited to being an assasin, though his primary weapon is either a Silenced Barrett M99 Sniper Rifle, or a vaiety of poisons, usually in the blades of the vast array of daggers he also carries in various places on his body, or in a padded leather pouch to keep the poisons safe. He also carries a ceramic pistol which he can smuggle through metal detectors easily, and several small acupuncture needles, also poisoned.
Skills: Xander is quite knowledgeable about medicine and various diseases and cures, and therefore can act as a medic if needed. He is also able to easily sneak around, and is quite hard to find if he doesn't want to be found, and is skilled at picking locks and using his weapons. He is a practiced liar too, as he has had to lie all his life about what he is doing when he is out on a job.
Other: N/A[/spoiler]

[quote name='-Zecora-' timestamp='1325168142' post='5736619']
Simdoggy looks good, accepted,.
Tomiix, your appearance is a little short. Extend that and then accepted.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, I'm not all good with describing appearance, if I could find a pic I liked, I use them normally. What do you want to know?

Archived