Kotu The Fire King [Single]

Title tells you what you need to know. Constructive criticism and all that.

[img]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3708/472406b.jpg[/img]
Cannot be Normal Summoned or set. Can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 FIRE monsters you control. As long as this card is in play, all FIRE monsters gain 400 ATK. Once per turn, you can equip one face-up FIRE monster you control to an opponent's monster. The equipped monster loses ATK equal to the ATK of the equipped monster. If a monster's ATK is reduced to 0 by this effect, banish it and the monster equipped to it and inflict 1000 damage to both players. There can only be one monster equipped to another by this effect at any time.

[size=6] ~~~~~[color=#ff0000]A[/color][color=#008000]L[/color][color=#0000ff]L [/color][color=#ff8c00]C[/color][color=#000000]O[/color][color=#ee82ee]M[/color][color=#afeeee]M[/color][color=#008080]E[/color][color=#ffa07a]N[/color][color=#ee82ee]T[/color][color=#4b0082]S [/color][color=#b22222]A[/color][color=#006400]P[/color][color=#808080]P[/color][color=#8b4513]R[/color][color=#faebd7]E[/color][color=#00ffff]C[/color][color=#0000cd]I[/color][color=#008080]A[/color][color=#008000]T[/color][color=#800000]E[/color][color=#000000]D[/color]~~~~~[/size]

Sounds like a nice card :)
cool pic and the effect isn't to OP
The thing with the Special summon is okay, but i would make it, tributing 3 Pyro-Type monsters, but it's your choice
The Attack gaining effect isn't to strong, but good enough for many FIRE monsters, i know
The effect with the banishing kinda reminds me of the effects from "Sprengkugel"(don't know the english name) and poison swamp or venom swamp(Giftsumpf)

really good artwork you got there

it's not that hard to get onto the field since it's only FIRE

this goes up to 4000 right off the bat, nothing wrong with that

for equipping a FIRE monster to a monster your opponent controls, I guess including Kotu itself is fine

the 1000 burn for destroying an opponent's monster seems a bit weak though, kind of hoped for a higher burn

As far as 3-tribute-requiring cards go, with the exceptions of Bloo-D, Barbaros and the Match Winners, they generally have a depressing tendacy of having godly art and terrible effects.

This fits perfectly with them.

4000 ATK isn't that different from 3100, to be honest. The highest ATK you'll see most of the time is 3000, be it BLS or a Gate-powered Grapha or whatever. At times Agents can throw a Gachi-powered Hyperion at you, which has 3100 ATK, but that's the only real case. Thus, the ATK doesn't really become a reason to summon this out.

The effect is unique; it basically weakens your opponent, but requires tributes. The problem is, it's bad. After all, I don't think you'd have many guys left on your side of the field after you just gave 3 sacrifices, unless I'm missing something. The "if reduced to 0" effect isn't that impressive either. Think logically. Why would you ever do that? Why would you ever waste your stronger monster when you can just attack with it? Of course, if your opponent has less than 1000 LP that's an okay-ish strategy, but even so you could attack with the 3 tributes for higher damage either way.

New members often challenge 3-tribute-requiring monsters, and to this date I have NEVER seen one accomplish it sucessfully. I failed at it several years ago too.

If I were to fix this, I'd:
Cannot be Normal Summoned or set. Can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 FIRE monsters you control. [b]This card's Summon cannot be negated, and no card effects can be activated in responce to this card's summon.[/b] As long as this card is in play, all FIRE monsters gain 400 ATK. Once per turn, you can equip one [s]face-up[/s] FIRE monster [s]you control[/s] [b]in your Graveyard[/b] to an opponent's monster. The equipped monster loses ATK equal to the ATK of the equipped monster. If a monster's ATK is reduced to 0 by this effect, banish it and the monster equipped to it and inflict 1000 damage to [s]both players[/s] your opponent. [b]This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.[/b] There can only be one monster equipped to another by this effect at any time.

Then I'd maybe make a fun deck revolving around it. But right now it's...well, the typical 10-cent card.

[quote name='Darkplant - VENOM' timestamp='1325128019' post='5735948']
4000 ATK isn't that different from 3100, to be honest. The highest ATK you'll see most of the time is 3000, be it BLS or a Gate-powered Grapha or whatever. At times Agents can throw a Gachi-powered Hyperion at you, which has 3100 ATK, but that's the only real case. Thus, the ATK doesn't really become a reason to summon this out.
[/quote]

How the hell is 4000 not that different to 3100???? Last time I checked 4000 was 900 more. Which is fairly significant.

Cannot be Normal Summoned or set. Can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 FIRE monsters you control. [b]This card's Summon cannot be negated, and no card effects can be activated in responce to this card's summon.[/b] As long as this card is in play, all FIRE monsters gain 400 ATK. Once per turn, you can equip one [s]face-up[/s] FIRE monster [s]you control[/s] [b]in your Graveyard[/b] to an opponent's monster. The equipped monster loses ATK equal to the ATK of the equipped monster. If a monster's ATK is reduced to 0 by this effect, banish it and the monster equipped to it and inflict 1000 damage to [s]both players[/s] your opponent. [b]This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.[/b] There can only be one monster equipped to another by this effect at any time.
[/quote]

I was going to add effect immunity to it (In fact in the first draft that was one of the main effects) but I decided against it. I'm considering it now but I don't really see how you think it would make it better since you did say it had a terrible effect so your [i]really [/i]contradicting yourself there...

[quote name='TheGreatEnguin' timestamp='1325165834' post='5736606']
How the hell is 4000 not that different to 3100???? Last time I checked 4000 was 900 more. Which is fairly significant.[/quote]
Let's put it on a really inflated scale to make you understand.
The difference between 2100 and 3000 is quite significant, but the difference between 99100 and 100000 is nothing. It's technically the same thing with this. You don't see many monsters that have an ATK between 3100 and 4000, and ATK is mainly used to beat up opponents. The difference rarely matters. But this isn't really what I'm trying to go for here.
[quote name='TheGreatEnguin' timestamp='1325165834' post='5736606']I was going to add effect immunity to it (In fact in the first draft that was one of the main effects) but I decided against it. I'm considering it now but I don't really see how you think it would make it better since you did say it had a terrible effect so your [i]really [/i]contradicting yourself there...
[/quote]
Actually, reread my comment, then your post, and you'll see I'm NOT contradicting myself there.
First, I said its current effect is bad. The reason was explained so anyone can understand.
Then, I gave an example of "what will make it better".

Let me say it again, I gave an example of "what will make it better".

You're now arguing that I'm contradicting myself because it's not making it better. I got no idea what you mean.

At least take constructive and well-thought out critisism without objecting randomly.

OK so the thing I said about you contradicting yourself is, on reflection, a bit unfounded and stupid.
[b][i]However[/i][/b] you are completely and utterly wrong about the attack issue.

[quote name='Darkplant - VENOM' timestamp='1325167141' post='5736609']
Let's put it on a really inflated scale to make you understand.
The difference between 2100 and 3000 is quite significant, but the difference between 99100 and 100000 is nothing. It's technically the same thing with this. You don't see many monsters that have an ATK between 3100 and 4000, and ATK is mainly used to beat up opponents. The difference rarely matters. But this isn't really what I'm trying to go for here.
[/quote]

The difference between 4000 and 3100 is far more significant than you are making it out to be. If as you say ATK is mainly used to beat up opponent's why would you NOT want to have a monster with 900 more ATK to beat up your opponent more????

[/quote]

Saying the ATK isn't a reason to summon this out is simply stupid as you list all the strongest cards most commonly seen at the moment [b][i][u][color=#ff0000]and this crushes all of the[/color][/u][/i][/b][color=#000000]. I also want to know where the hell you got 3100 from? Where did that figure appear before you mentioned it?[/color]

[color=#000000][size=6]NOW DOES ANYONE WANT TO COMMENT ON THE CARD?[/size][/color]

[/quote]
I agree, either that or at least make it so you can special summon the card you equipped in defense and that it can only be used once per turn.

Archived