[Xyz] Number 0: The Fool [Pure "Number" Support] ★UPDATED★

usetheforcehan

[center][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/14bekn.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][color=#ffa500][size=6][b]Number 0: The Fool[/b][/size][/color][/center]

[center][b]2 Level 3 monsters[/b][/center]
[center]If you control other face-up “Number” Monster; This card cannot be destroyed by battle.[/center]
[center]
[b]Once per turn:[/b][/center]
[center]You can pay 700 Life Points. Target 1 face-up card your opponent control; Attach that target to this card as its Xyz Material[/center]
[center][b]OR[/b][/center]
[center]You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Attach that Xyz Material to other “Number” Monster you control as its Xyz Material.[/center]

[center]When this card leave the field; Attach this card’s Xyz Material to other “Number” Monster(s) you control as its Xyz Material.[/center]

[spoiler='Unimportant & unrelated notes with the above card']It has been a very, VERY long time since i posted it here or heard anything related to Yugioh TCG. The new Xyz Monster which i stumble upon during my googling makes my card creator sense tingling once again. So there you go, my newest creation. Enjoy.[/spoiler]

Broken, and redundant.

There's already a real-life Xyz with a Xyz Material swapper effect, nearly identical in purpose. This makes the card vaguely redundant as two cards are pretty unneeded.

Also, it's broken. Its first effect steals monsters and gives you more Material fodder.

I really cannot think of a way to balance this card without changing the concept completely.

[b]Thanks for all the feedback. This is the new effects for the balancing purpose:[/b]

[b][color=#ffa500]This card cannot be Summoned if you don’t have face-up “Number” monster on your field.[/color][/b]
//Restricted summoning.

[color=#ffa500][b]If this is the only face-up “Number” monster on your field; Destroy it.[/b][/color]
//Shortening his life expectancy on the field. Now totally dependent on other "Number."

[b]Once per turn:[/b]
[color=#ffa500][b]You can target 1 face-up Spell Card on the field; Attach that target to this card as its Xyz Material[/b][/color]
//Good for destroying that pesky Continuous Spell or eliminating the key item such as Field card.

[b]OR[/b]
[color=#ffa500][b]You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Attach that Xyz Material to other “Number” Monster you control as its Xyz Material.[/b][/color]
//Maintaining Xyz Material needs for your other "Number."

[color=#ffa500][b]There can only be 1 face-up "Number 0: The Fool" monster on the field.[/b][/color]
//Restriction for both players. Prevent spam.

[quote name='Darkplant - VENOM' timestamp='1325492471' post='5744141']
Neg first 2 effs,
[color=#ffa500][b]Number 0 is a pure "Number" support. It would be pointless to play it on a deck that doesn't focused on Number.[/b][/color]

and allow it to suck in any S/T
[b][color=#ffa500]That would makes this card even more powerful than already is. The ability to [/color]convert the Spell Card to Xyz Material[color=#FFA500] is already a HUGE advantage for the player.[/color][/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Darkplant - VENOM' timestamp='1325507536' post='5744216']
So you basically think anyone would use this as it is right now.
[/quote]
Yes. Only if they use Number Deck. In theory, it can be used in regular Xyz Deck if there are card effect that can change the card name into Number.

The true purpose of this card is to distribute the Xyz Material. The Spell-to-Xyz Material converter is just an added bonus.

[quote name='usetheforcehan' timestamp='1325509703' post='5744223']
Yes. Only if they use Number Deck. In theory, it can be used in regular Xyz Deck if there are card effect that can change the card name into Number.

The true purpose of this card is to distribute the Xyz Material. The Spell-to-Xyz Material converter is just an added bonus.
[/quote]

"Number deck" is not a legitimate phrase. Any deck can use Numbers, but this deck is so amazingly bad now that it's just stupid.

The best "distributor" of Xyz Materials is Frostasaurus. Why you'd make a copy of it is beyond me.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1325510056' post='5744224']
The best "distributor" of Xyz Materials is Frostasaurus. Why you'd make a copy of it is beyond me.
[/quote]
You mean Freezerdon.

Anyhow, the TC has obviously been out of the game for an extremely long time, because if I can summon this, that means I have another Number. And if I have another Number, I'd go for Giga-Brilliant to power it up too instead of this.

[quote name='Darkplant - VENOM' timestamp='1325511126' post='5744233']
You mean Freezerdon.

Anyhow, the TC has obviously been out of the game for an extremely long time, because if I can summon this, that means I have another Number. And if I have another Number, I'd go for Giga-Brilliant to power it up too instead of this.
[/quote]

ya. Name left me for ages.

Yeah. Nearly any other Rank 3 is better, and there are too many Rank 3s anyway :S

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1325510056' post='5744224']
"Number deck" is not a legitimate phrase. Any deck can use Numbers, but this deck is so amazingly bad now that it's just stupid.
[color=#ffa500][b]//Saying some type of deck is stupid, is a matter of perspective. Up until now, only [/b][/color][b]20 out of 99[/b][color=#FFA500][b] "Number" monsters has been introduce by Kazuki Takahashi/Konami (or 20 out of 100 if you count Astral as the last "Number" monsters). It isn't surprisingly weird if they introduce other "Number" monsters in the future with amazing ability like Stardust or create a new kind of "Number" support Spell/Trap cards.[/b][/color]
[b][color=#ffa500]//I see a potential for this kind of Xyz archetype deck in the future.[/color][/b]

[color=#ffa500][b]//Can Freezerdon "steal" that annoying Continuous/Equip/Field Spell cards [/b][/color][b]while at the same time[/b][color=#FFA500][b] replenish/restock/increase its own Xyz materials?[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Number deck is not a decktype. The numbers are all generic, and there are different Ranks among them. Rank 4 spam decks use the Rank 4 numbers, Rank 3 spam decks use the Rank 3 numbers.

Also, Continuous/Equip spells aren't use much anymore. Only decks are Samurai (which only have 1 that stays on the field for a while) and Inzektors (which if they keep their equips they're either going for game or stupid)

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1325521972' post='5744386']
Figure out a deck that can get out any of the Rank 1 Xyzs, Rank 2 Xyzs, Rank 3 Xyzs, Rank 4 Xyzs, Rank 5 Xyzs, Rank 6 Xyzs, Rank 7 Xyzs or Rank 8 Xyzs that are Numbers and I'll get back to you.
[/quote]
This.

This "Number Deck" the TC is saying is sorta stupid, given 99.9% of decks can't do what Rai said above. The closest to this is probably T.G. Agents - they have easy access to Rank 2 and 3 and possibly 8 once Giant Killer is released. Rarely seen them go for other Ranks, though. Technically new Sacreds can also go for any Rank from 3 to 6 with ease (2 if you REALLY want to), but most of the time they only go for 5 for obvious reasons.

And no, don't start on "Any deck can get out many Ranks by using Star Changer etc." because those cards are only used as toilet paper.

As Twilight Sparkle said, decks only run Numbers they can get out. You'd most likely be giving this guy's units to Rank 3 Numbers. The problem is, the only good Rank 3 Number that has synergy with this card is Leviathan Dragon. And don't say Acid Golem, because as long as you have him you can't spam other Numbers. This means you'd have to have first a Number, then Fool, THEN Acid Golem. Who'd do that? I'd rather leave my slots for Giga-Brilliant. Besides, "2x Level 3 Monsters" already has the awesome Leviair and the hilairous Zenmaines. They don't need THIS of all things.

Apart from that, a lot of times, the Numbers die before all of their Units are used due to destruction spam going on in the metagame. If Numbers all had the Gachi Gachi phrase that made them hard to destroy this will be certainly useful to an extent, but right now it's utterly stupid because that Number you gave power to will die either way before that unit is even used.

What makes this card even more situational is its depressing reliance upon other Numbers. It's damn hard to find a situation in which this will be the best possible answer.

Stop objecting and give up for once. The fact is a fact: This card is terrible.

[quote name='usetheforcehan' timestamp='1325595830' post='5746105']
^Thanks for detailed feedback. Major fix on the next update.

But tell me one thing, are today meta-Deck only consisted of more-or-less 80% Effect Monsters, 15% Traps and 5% Spells? Is Spell card really that useless now compared to the past?
[/quote]

15-20 monsters
10-15 spells
5-10 traps

/ok

Actually, even if everyone ran over 30 spells right now, it wouldn't really make a difference. What really killed this card is the fact you stated "Face-Up". The only real commonly used face-up Spells you'd be seeing staying on your turn are:
-DW Gate. Except oh, DWs are bad.
-Dragon Ravine. Except oh, Dragunities are terrible.
-Inzektor Hornet. Except oh, no one will ever leave it on the opp's turn.
-Karakuri draw thing. Except oh, no one will ever leave it on the opp's turn.

In short, this has almost no targets. As Rai said it's 10 to 15 Spells, but almost none of them are Continuous/Field/Equips.

[quote name='Darkplant - VENOM' timestamp='1325631611' post='5746895']
What really killed this card is the fact you stated "Face-Up".
[/quote]
But Xyz Monsters cannot use face-down cards as their Xyz Materials. It's definitely illegal.

That is why i stated it only effected face-up cards on the field.

[quote name='usetheforcehan' timestamp='1325661498' post='5747559']
But Xyz Monsters cannot use face-down cards as their Xyz Materials. It's definitely illegal.

That is why i stated it only effected face-up cards on the field.
[/quote]

You're missing the point Darkplant was making. NOBODY runs Continuous/Field/Equips in todays meta, making this just too situational to be of any use.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1325521972' post='5744386'] Figure out a deck that can get out any of the Rank 1 Xyzs, Rank 2 Xyzs, Rank 3 Xyzs, Rank 4 Xyzs, Rank 5 Xyzs, Rank 6 Xyzs, Rank 7 Xyzs or Rank 8 Xyzs that are Numbers and I'll get back to you. [/quote]

Challenge accepted.

Archived