I really wanted your guys opinion on the Gravekeeper decks that I run at tourney right now.

Spells/traps (19)

3 necrovalley
2 Gravekeepers Stele
2 Rite of Spirit
2 Mystical Space typhoon
2 Shadow Spell
1 Heavy storm
1Trap Hole
1 dark illusion
1 Allure of Darkness
1Dark Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Mirror Force
1Defense Draw

Monsters (24)

3 Gravekeepers Guard
1 Snowman Eater
3 Gravekeepers Spy
1 Sangan
2 Battle Fader
3 Gravekeepers Comandant
3 Gravekeepers Descendant
2 Gravekeepers Recruiter
1 mystic Tomato
1 man-eater Bug
2 Gravekeepers Visionary
2 Pitch-Black Warewolf

extra Deck

3 Wind-up Zenmeister
3 Utopia
3 Number 17 Leviathan Dragon

(extra deck needs alot of work)

What are your thoughts? How can I make it better? How do you run gravekeepers? What are your thoughts on the archetype?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James, here on YCM we at least try to be helpful. >.>

GKs normally run a small monster line-up. The general idea I believe is:

3 Spy
3 Commandant
3 Recruiter
3 Descendant
1-2 Assailant

And if you have them, 2 or so Malefic Stardust. Anything else is really superfluous in standart keepers. What kind of variant are you going for?

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1325486129' post='5744051']
James, here on YCM we at least try to be helpful. >.>

GKs normally run a small monster line-up. The general idea I believe is:

3 Spy
3 Commandant
3 Recruiter
3 Descendant
1-2 Assailant

And if you have them, 2 or so Malefic Stardust. Anything else is really superfluous in standart keepers. What kind of variant are you going for?
[/quote]

i wish I could get a Malefic Stardust. I used to run Malefic Blue Eyes but that just made necrovalley an even bigger target. Malefic Stardust would be perfect if i could get him.

I run the gravekeepers "engine' With as many gravekeepers as i can to special summon or bring up other gravekeepers and necrovalley. Spy, Commandant, recruiter, Mystic Tomato, Sangan, rite of Spirit, Stele and stuff like that.

Ok this is a good build of GK you could try out on DN and see if you like it better than your build then make it.

Monsters (14)

3 Gravekeepers Spy
3 Gravekeepers Comandant
3 Gravekeepers Descendant
3 Gravekeepers Recruiter
1 Gravekeepers Assailant
1 Gravekeepers Guard

Spells (16)
3 Necrovally
2 Stelle
3 Pot of Duality
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Dark Hole
1 Smashing Ground
1 Book of Moon
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Royal Tribute

Traps (10)

3 Dimesional Prison
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
1 Trap Dustshoot
2 Fiendish Chains
1 Torrential Tribute

[quote name='Ace_RKO_' timestamp='1325486321' post='5744057']
i wish I could get a Malefic Stardust. I used to run Malefic Blue Eyes but that just made necrovalley an even bigger target. Malefic Stardust would be perfect if i could get him.
[/quote]
Malefic Stardust can easily be obtained by getting a Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon tin or 2, plus you'll get Solemn Warnings in there as well

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RAEGING DOGKING' timestamp='1326317890' post='5759788']
LOL

did you actually call my deck "It doesnt really look good" and you post this piece of crap? LOL
[/quote]

This deck is great. It can easily beat almost any other archetype on a regular basis. I run it all the time with great success.

[quote name='RAEGING DOGKING' timestamp='1326319108' post='5759827']
except its not

why are you running loads of random monsters?
[/quote]

It's mostly gravekeepers but Pitch Black Ware wolf is a dark attribute that prevents trap cards from being activated during the battle phase. Sangan is sangan (obviously) and battle fader saves you if you have no monsters on the field.

[quote name='Laskeri - Unmei no Senshi' timestamp='1326319941' post='5759902']
The point of GKs is to maintain field presence .__.
[/quote]

Of course, but i you get unexpectedly mirrored for you get bottomlessed on your first turn (happened to me before) or if something goes wrong battle fader is something that you'll wish you had.

Even if you defended yourself with Battle Fader, how exactly are you going to make a comeback? GK require some turns in order to maintain field presence, Battle Fader's timing to use it to defense yourself is most likely when your opponent manages to overcome your field to begin with and GK aren't exactly an explosive deck.

Another problem is Battle Fader is near-useless in every other situation. They dont use Tribute fodder or a low S/T lineup (unlike, say, Monarchs), so Fader is a dead draw. Tragoedia would be a superior choice even if you have to take damage.

Your Deck organization bugs me. Ignoring the fact that Monsters should usually be at the top, you put Spells and Traps in the same group, rather than separate them. It'd be mildly less annoying if you didn't have Traps listed within the Spells, so that it's unclear at a glance how many of each type you have. Also, quite a few of your monsters are extremely odd, like Man-Eater Bug.

[quote name='Master Hyperion' timestamp='1326355404' post='5760841']
Even if you defended yourself with Battle Fader, how exactly are you going to make a comeback? GK require some turns in order to maintain field presence, Battle Fader's timing to use it to defense yourself is most likely when your opponent manages to overcome your field to begin with and GK aren't exactly an explosive deck.
[/quote]

Battle fader can be tributed for chief which can bring back any gravekeeper in your graveyard. It's hard to slow the field presence of gravekeepers but if they manage it with a few good plays battle fader can stall long enough to get you back on your feet. It has saved me multiple times dueling lightsworns and dark worlds.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1326393547' post='5761154']
Another problem is Battle Fader is near-useless in every other situation. They dont use Tribute fodder or a low S/T lineup (unlike, say, Monarchs), so Fader is a dead draw. Tragoedia would be a superior choice even if you have to take damage.

Your Deck organization bugs me. Ignoring the fact that Monsters should usually be at the top, you put Spells and Traps in the same group, rather than separate them. It'd be mildly less annoying if you didn't have Traps listed within the Spells, so that it's unclear at a glance how many of each type you have. Also, quite a few of your monsters are extremely odd, like Man-Eater Bug.
[/quote]

Man eater bug is in there as a holding sport for the recruiter I ave to orer online. Just to keep the number whwere I want it to be.

[quote name='Ctrl+Alt+Win' timestamp='1326412174' post='5761672']
Helps if you sort your spells from traps

And get more money to be decent

And you run trap hole over bottomless. How can this even be called better than anything that's not sh*tf***asswipeturbo
[/quote]

I have to get some cash or good trades to run bottomless.

The deck runs absolutely great. I haven;t found a deck yet that it can't stand up to.

-2 Rite of Spirit
-2 Shadow Spell
-1 Trap Hole
-1 Dark Illusion
-1 Compulsory
Mirror Force is nice, but I didn't need it.
-1 Defense Draw
-3 GK Guard
-1 Snowman Eater
-1 Sangan
-2 Battle Fader
-1 Mystic Tomato
-1 Man-Eater Bug
-2 GK Visionary
-2 Pitch Black Warwolf

+1 Gale (Blackwing)
+1 GK Assailant
+1 GK Recuiter
+2 Malefic Stardust
+3 Pot of Duality
+2 Wonder Wand
+2 Bottomless Trap Hole
+1 Dimensional Prison (I prefer Prison instead of M. Force simply because it banishes the monster, making it harder to bring it back)
+1 Solemn Judgment
+2 Solemn Warning
+1 Starlight Road
+1 Torrential Tribute
+1 Trap Dustshoot

This is according to someone else's decklist. And believe me, it's a lot better than what you have here.

After you make the changes (assuming you do), this is what the Extra should look like
Catastor
Black Rose
Blackwing Armor Master (assuming you put Gale in)
Brionac
Stardust Dragon x3
Trishula
Daigusto Emeral
Lavalval Chain
Utopia

To the person who knows this is his decklist, sorry for stealing your list, but this guy REALLY needed help. -.-

[quote name='DJVD' timestamp='1326479450' post='5762622']
-2 Rite of Spirit
-2 Shadow Spell
-1 Trap Hole
-1 Dark Illusion
-1 Compulsory
Mirror Force is nice, but I didn't need it.
-1 Defense Draw
-3 GK Guard
-1 Snowman Eater
-1 Sangan
-2 Battle Fader
-1 Mystic Tomato
-1 Man-Eater Bug
-2 GK Visionary
-2 Pitch Black Warwolf

+1 Gale (Blackwing)
+1 GK Assailant
+1 GK Recuiter
+2 Malefic Stardust
+3 Pot of Duality
+2 Wonder Wand
+2 Bottomless Trap Hole
+1 Dimensional Prison (I prefer Prison instead of M. Force simply because it banishes the monster, making it harder to bring it back)
+1 Solemn Judgment
+2 Solemn Warning
+1 Starlight Road
+1 Torrential Tribute
+1 Trap Dustshoot

This is according to someone else's decklist. And believe me, it's a lot better than what you have here.

After you make the changes (assuming you do), this is what the Extra should look like
Catastor
Black Rose
Blackwing Armor Master (assuming you put Gale in)
Brionac
Stardust Dragon x3
Trishula
Daigusto Emeral
Lavalval Chain
Utopia

To the person who knows this is his decklist, sorry for stealing your list, but this guy REALLY needed help. -.-
[/quote]

Hate to put down you hard work but there is no way I am running my grakekeepers as a synchro deck. It's simply not designed for that type of meta game play style.

[quote name='Ace_RKO_' timestamp='1326490050' post='5762763']
Hate to put down you hard work but there is no way I am running my grakekeepers as a synchro deck. It's simply not designed for that type of meta game play style.
[/quote]
>Synchro GK
>1 Tuner
>Meta

Your whole post makes no sense

You should have the Extra stocked just in case. You know, reborn exists? Not filling it up is rather stupid.

Next, Gravekeeper's aren't Synchro-centric, even with a stuffed extra. They're control, and their tribute monsters are terrible as is the horde of random crap you don't need like Dark Illusion, Tomatoes, etc.

He gave you changes to make it better. This isn't a showcase section, this is a "Help me get better".

Archived