Tasendaja: A Weird Spell Card

It might be a poor decision to post this since it is probably completely broken but I had this idea and needed to get it out there. Knowing my luck it's probably already a real card I didn't know about -_-.

[img]http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/850/472406.jpg[/img]

Pay any amount of Life Points: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of Life Points payed. You cannot reduce your opponent's Life Points to a value below 700 by this effect. Any damage inflicted to your opponent until your 2nd End Phase after this card's activation is reduced to 0.

[quote name='Loki the Lion' timestamp='1325806905' post='5750102']
Too OPed. Just one single burn effect and it's over.
[/quote]

How? Did you read the full effect?

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1325807003' post='5750104']
this seems a lot like Ring of Destruction's effect to an extent

just minus the monster destruction part

but the burn is too huge either way

I'd put a cap at 2000 burn and that's it or something
[/quote]

I am not sure about capping the burn....Kinda eliminates the point....

1st turn you draw

you play tasendaja pay 7300 lp

you opponent loses 7300lp

you summon solar flare dragon

you can play misfortune

or

reveal gallis the staar beast in your hand and hope its a monster (any monster really even a lv 1 monster)

one turn kill

maybe add : you can only activate this card durinng your standby phase and after this card effect resloves you end you turn or something

make it more blalanced

because you can chain this in a combo with almost any FIRE monster thats has a burn effect or any other card to help chip the final 700lp off in 1 turn

So Now you burn with 7300, then risk losing within the next 2 turns if your opponent doesn't get you first OR burns you instantly. Interestin concept, though the burn is to much. Ring of destrution requires the destruction of a monster and that's banned for obvious reasons. Cards nowadays rarely, and I mean very rarely burn 1000 or more with one hit (Think King Pyon, but gemini's are broken and it sucks anyway :/). Plus, if your Life Points are far below your opponens, then it would make a losing situation worse.

[quote name='Mr. guy' timestamp='1325891831' post='5751661']
The only way this card can be redeemed is to make it so your opponent can't take any damage for 2 turns.
[/quote]

That is the exact effect it has now......I changed it before you posted this so I don't know why your talking about the old version....

[quote name='guuu1234' timestamp='1325891631' post='5751656']
So Now you burn with 7300, then risk losing within the next 2 turns if your opponent doesn't get you first OR burns you instantly. Interestin concept, though the burn is to much. Ring of destrution requires the destruction of a monster and that's banned for obvious reasons. Cards nowadays rarely, and I mean very rarely burn 1000 or more with one hit (Think King Pyon, but gemini's are broken and it sucks anyway :/). Plus, if your Life Points are far below your opponens, then it would make a losing situation worse.
[/quote]

Well you probably wouldn't actually burn the full 7300 (well at least I wouldn't) as it would make it very possible you will lose.
I never thought anyone would really pay 7300 Life Points because if you think about it for 3 seconds it seems stupid. I hear what your saying, I'm not sure what I can change though....

As I read it, you basically pay Life Points so your opponent loses the same amount of Life Points.

Then, you both have 2 turns of desperate attack to inflict as much damage as possible (but you're waiting).

I'm not quite sure how OP'ed this card actually is, because the effect makes it way to easy for one player to abuse it, yet have the other win with one blow. If you think about that, then it's helping the OPPONENT win. What it's basically doing is speeding up a duel by going back to the days where we started out with 2000 Life Points, only now, you have stronger monsters.

The fact of the matter is, it could help if it gave some sort of Stat boost to certain types of monsters, or gave YOU an actual edge, since it is your card. Spells sometimes focus on certain monster Types or Attributes, so following that could help (the art gives it a Fiend/DARK thing). I don't know if you could really improve the effect it has, though.

Archived