(Harpy Support) Harpy King

Riktus

[center][img]http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx264/f267/createcard1.png[/img][/center]

[center][color=#800080][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Lore:[/font][/color][/center]
[center][color=#800080][font=comic sans ms,cursive]When this card is Normal Summoned, if "Harpies' Hunting Ground" is on the field, Special Summon 1 "Harpie Lady" from your Graveyard. Once per turn, if this card is on the Graveyard, banish 1 "Harpie Lady" monster in your Graveyard to add this card to your Hand.[/font][/color][/center]

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1327108320' post='5773245']
it's good support, only problem is I don't think Harpy Lady is really used much anymore

if you want to make it that way, then by all means you may want to make another custom harpy and say it's also treated as Harpy Lady while on the field
[/quote]

yeah, i know that Harpie Lady decks aren't used a lot these days, but i couldn't help myself when i saw that pic,it was just perfect for making a Harpie King ( hehehe )

Well, maybe i'll make some more Harpie support (maybe a Xyz or Synchro) but not right now. :3

The thought of a harpy (or harpie w/e) king confuses me. Since in mythology harpies always had the torso (and head?) of a woman.
I'm fairly sure that is why the archetype is all female (Harpie's Brother doesn't count, he's not really in the arch).

That aside this card is good support for the archetype and makes it possible to create a decent harpie xyz deck since he allows you to normal summon him and special summon a harpy lady, xyz and then repeat the process.

lol @ harpies not being good

they got downright murderous between Icarus Attack and Harpies' Hunting Ground. they'd be even better if 1,2, and 3 didn't all count as the same card.

Now, if this was support for any other archetype it'd be broke, but Harpies in the grave are so important that it's a fair cost to bring him back to the grave. All in all, I like it. Quite solid and it doesn't overshadow the Queen, which is thematically good for Harpies.

[quote name='gimmepie' timestamp='1327164862' post='5774049']
The thought of a harpy (or harpie w/e) king confuses me. Since in mythology harpies always had the torso (and head?) of a woman.
I'm fairly sure that is why the archetype is all female (Harpie's Brother doesn't count, he's not really in the arch).

That aside this card is good support for the archetype and makes it possible to create a decent harpie xyz deck since he allows you to normal summon him and special summon a harpy lady, xyz and then repeat the process.
[/quote]

Yeah, i know that, in mythology, Harpies are an female creature and that, in the TCG, Harpie's Brother is not a member of this archetype,but thinking about all thiis that one of the main effects of this arch is not present on this card, the "This card's name is treated as Harpie Lady", when i think about the king, i think on a male companion to the queen (like harpie's brother is a male companion to the original Harpie Lady).

But thanks for the comment,i'm working on an Harpy Xyz monster right now,its kinda hard though.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1327170438' post='5774240']
well I never exactly felt Harpie's Brother was really even good

in fact none of the existing Harpie cards are
[/quote]

I don't think that the Harpies is that bad, it just lacks support, for example: if they had a Xyz monster and King was an actual card i bet that Harpies would be used much more.

[quote name='Lord Smeagle' timestamp='1327176405' post='5774401']
lol @ harpies not being good

they got downright murderous between Icarus Attack and Harpies' Hunting Ground. they'd be even better if 1,2, and 3 didn't all count as the same card.

Now, if this was support for any other archetype it'd be broke, but Harpies in the grave are so important that it's a fair cost to bring him back to the grave. All in all, I like it. Quite solid and it doesn't overshadow the Queen, which is thematically good for Harpies.
[/quote]

Thank u so much, your comment was my favorite ;3.
I made him trying to be like Harpies Queen oposite, what can be noticed from his ATK and DEF (Queen's ATK is 1900 and her DEF is 1200, King's ATK is 1200 and his DEF is 1900) but at the same time making him complete harpies queen (you can discrd harpie queen,get Hunting Ground,activate and then summon King, king's eff is activated and you can Special Summon queen (that counts as a Harpie Lady while on the Grave).

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1327187454' post='5774816']
in that case, care to make some synchro and xyz harpy monsters here?
[/quote]

well, i can try, not going to make any promises, 'cause is not always that i have the creativity or the inspiration to make a card (and the fact that i don't know how to make Xyz monsters also does not help. >.<)

Archived