Digimon: The Legendary Data Hunters [OOC / Not Started / Accepting / Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Chaos Sonic' timestamp='1327189092' post='5774885']
Sorry. Dude picked the wrong time to go and leave his Co-Host to fend...^^;
[/quote]

Dude, people get busy. And I just appointed you Co-Host, so it's not like I've had much time to explain everything.

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1327187494' post='5774818']
What's with the lack of a plot?

And what happens if we don't [i]actually[/i] ask for a Digimon in particular? Do we just get one or two random ones?

Oh, and [i]do[/i] we get to control fakemons? Or is it one of those "canon Digimon only" RPs?

Just a few questions I wanna ask before I sign up.
[/quote]

There isn't a lack of a plot, it's just that the inner workings of this RP won't be fully revealed until later. If you really are that concerned, it's going to work a lot like the Young Hunters, and will have challenges/events in which everyone will participate, along with NPCs, to try and win prizes. And there will most likely be the occasional baddie, though like I said, that's being kept under wraps.

As for the particular digimon thing, I had a plan, but I'm just going to say "Screw It." I'm editing the app so you can put the digimon you want. But you can only choose from the listed digimon, and you don't get to choose their Cho-Shinka'd form. That's up to me.

And canon digimon only. Sorry if that isn't what you wanted.

If you still feel like you need to try and work your way around one of these rules or need an exception, PM me.

[quote name='tomelover' timestamp='1327203835' post='5775228']
What's a personality field?
[/quote]

A field that's specifically designed to stop characters from [i]essentially[/i] being bricks <_<

Anyway, I'll probably throw the respective field in my app anyway.

[b]Name:[/b] William Hawk
[b]Age:[/b] 18
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Appearance:[/b] Stands about 6' or so tall, and has a medium build. He has a black Amanti suit which is kept clean and dust-free, to the extent that it almost looks brand new even though he's worn it for 2 years straight now. He also has a golden Rolex watch, that he keeps on his left wrist. His hair is oil black and matted down, and his eyes are shown to be an icy blue. He carries a silver briefcase on himself at all times, which is loaded with money, but also carries a few other things as well.
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Xros-Loader Colour:[/b] Black and Red
[b]Partner Digimon:[/b] Renamon --> Sukoyamon

Unfinished at the moment.

I assume [i]you'd [/i]care about your character's personality when the RP starts.

But seriously the point of a personality field is identical to the point of a description or biography field; that is, to force you to mentally flesh out your character before any interaction with other character influences you to change anything. The role of the roleplay application is more of a writing tool for the applicant than it is a resource for other players; if a player's character's personality doens't match their personality field, that's a reflection of their poor planning and/or writing skills, not the uselessness of the field itself. If we didn't require you to write out a personality before hand, I'm rather certain most people would never bother to give them one in the first place.

Also it's a forum requirement.

47 hours.

[quote name='Hydra of Gentlemanliness' timestamp='1327206980' post='5775295']
I assume [i]you'd [/i]care about your character's personality when the RP starts.

But seriously the point of a personality field is identical to the point of a description or biography field; that is, to force you to mentally flesh out your character before any interaction with other character influences you to change anything. The role of the roleplay application is more of a writing tool for the applicant than it is a resource for other players; if a player's character's personality doens't match their personality field, that's a reflection of their poor planning and/or writing skills, not the uselessness of the field itself. If we didn't require you to write out a personality before hand, I'm rather certain most people would never bother to give them one in the first place.

Also it's a forum requirement.

47 hours.
[/quote]

Fix'd

And it's a forum requirement? Man, this place is just on a downward slope, huh? I remember when this section was brimming with potential, and people joined in for the fun of it. But times change I guess :/

[quote name='Trimage' timestamp='1327207707' post='5775308']
Actually can I change my partner to Dorumon.
[/quote]

Sure. First post edited.

[quote name='Remnants' timestamp='1327209671' post='5775327']
Fix'd

And it's a forum requirement? Man, this place is just on a downward slope, huh? I remember when this section was brimming with potential, and people joined in for the fun of it. But times change I guess :/
[/quote]

Looks fine now. And I'm not sure what your point is... people don't join RPs for fun now? So what do we join for? It's a bit more regulated now, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

That's neither here nor there now, though. I might add an app soon.

[quote name='Hydra of Gentlemanliness' timestamp='1327218432' post='5775404']
Looks fine now. And I'm not sure what your point is... people don't join RPs for fun now? So what do we join for? It's a bit more regulated now, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

That's neither here nor there now, though. I might add an app soon.
[/quote]

It doesn't really matter I guess...

And that sounds good. I'm trying to get work done on mine, but I posted this at a very busy time.

Archived