Digimon: The Legendary Data Hunters [OOC / Not Started / Accepting / Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic]

Hey guys, sorry if you've shown interest in this and have been wondering where I am. If you saw my status, I've been busy this whole week, but I'm here for a 4 day weekend, and though I have some things to finish tonight, I'm hoping to be on as much as I can. So I guess I'll start by addressing Hydra's question:

[quote name='Hydra of Gentlemanliness' timestamp='1327284952' post='5776677']
I'm curious. You mentioned that you could only choose partner digimon from a 'list'- though I don't see that list anywhere. I see a list of digimon that have been [i]reserved[/i], but nothing saying what I can or can not pick from.
[/quote]

I thought I had edited the first post to get rid of that. After too many complications, I just decided to let you pick your own digimon.

Also, as a general note to everyone, don't be afraid to reach for your partner digimon. So far there's only been rookies, but I'm a lot more flexible than that if you had something else in mind.

Lastly, I'd like to get a general consensus on who's still interested. If you see this, maybe just post that you're waiting for me to evaluate your app. I'll go over this entire thread in more depth later, but like I said, my week is very busy. The weekend is my only free time.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Mikazuki
Appearance: Mikazuki is six feet tall, and has a healthy body. Her body has more curvature in it than the average female, yet is innocent and hasn't really a clue what to do with it. Her usually attire is a black apron-like blouse, made for slimness and freedom. With that, she has a white under shirt, a yellow belt, and a complimentary pair of pants. Her secondary color is yellow, seen by her shoulder-high, fingerless gloves and her upper shin-high boots. She also has a yellow scarf to fully complete the set.
Personality: Mikazuki is a level headed and intelligent individual, possessing vast knowledge. Of sound judgment, her focused analysis are things that stick out to many that know her. She tends to piece through the majority of problems that she is faced with, with an almost tedious approach.
Bio: Mikazuki grew up in a small village in japan born into a mixed family. Mikazuki mother was Asian and Mikazuki father African American being the youngest she was picked by Mikazuki older sister. At the are of 4 Mikazuki father was killed in an unknown accident though Mikazuki mother thought is was murder due to Mikazuki race. At the age of 10 Mikazuki family moved to the city to escape their torment. After adjusting to the city life Mikazuki she seemed to gain a sense of peace and happiness. Mikazuki
Xros-loader color: Blackish Red with white trimming
Partner Digimon: Dracomon -> Slayerdramon

[b]Name: [/b]Phestel "Stell" Aritisen
[b]Age: [/b]18
[b]Gender: [/b]Female
[b]Appearance: [/b]Stell is a somewhat taller girl, with bright blue eyes and blond hair tied in a ponytail; she has pale and rather unblemished French skin and fairly dainty, almost fragile-looking features that can make her look young and almost helpless to most she comes across. She doesn't have much of a chest, a fact she's rather conscious about, and tries to make up for it by wearing slim, tighter clothing (though the difference made is minor).
She wears a short-sleeved pink blouse that might be a size too small for her, which has a rather large red ribbon tied to the front of it, as well as a pair of black jeans and a belt that appears to be made of snakeskin; it has a ribbon in the shape of a rose tied to its left side.
[b]Personality: [/b]Stell has a tendency to look at things from a cool, removed perspective- though not an analytic one. She is rather ruled by her emotions, especially her frustrations and annoyances, though she has enough self control to know not to show it outwardly very often- in most cases, she likes to portray an image of vague disinterest, even if she is very concerned with the outcome. This extends to her personal relationships with people- in most cases, she won't appear to care for others, even if she might actually. She is actually rather concerned with how people view her, and can be ruled by their opinions more than her own opinion of herself- in reality, she has rather low self-esteem.
[b]Bio: [/b]Stell was born and raised by the French coast, in a small rural town kept alive mostly by the crab and lobster fishing business. Her own father was a fisherman on one such fishing ship, and she looked up to him dearly- while he wasn't always around, she always looked forward to the days when his boat would pull into port, even when she was just five or six years old.
Of course, crustacean fishing is a dangerous job, and one day her father had met the same fate as so many others: drowning in a storm. When his ship pulled in without her father on it, Stell literally could not believe it, figuring her father was simply safe elsewhere and waiting for a boat to take him home. She waited for years, angry at those who told her to move on -that he was dead-, and she even refused to attend his funeral. Afterall, he wasn't dead.
This stubborn hope turned into frustration with everyone else, and eventually Stell just cut herself off from the rest of the world. Her relationship with her mother soured, her school marks plummeted, and she had very few friends. Most people tended to write her off on principle as a bad child, acting out for no reason in particular.
Stell herself simply felt lost. She knew, logically, that her father was dead... but she wasn't able to accept it. There was a gap she really couldn't fill, and without that she couldn't bring up the effort to do anything, really. Eventually, she got on bad enough terms that she left to go live with her aunt and uncle in a different country- though she protested against it, of course. How could her dad find her if she moved?
Eventually though, she did. Against her will, and feeling even worse about the whole situation.
[b]Xros-loader color: [/b]Indigo
[b]Partner Digimon: [/b]MarineAngemon --> Dagomon

Here is my WIP (Work in progress)

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Robert "Bobby" Grey[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Age: 30[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Gender: Male[/size][/font][/color]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Appearance: Robert wears white button down green vest combo, with the sleeves of the shirt ripped off. Robert has a felt black cap with a green band around it, which is a proud part of his ensemble. This gives him a look akin to that of a rouge vegas dealer of some shady renown, especially with his life frame and near constant smile. Robert's skin is unusually pale, almost white, and he has a tendency to write on his hands to remind himself of important events or even simple trains of thought. The writing is washable but it makes his had look like some calligraphy mess.[/size][/color][/font]
[font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]Personality: Robert Grey is a bit of a heroic sociopath. He is willing to aid those who aid him and even those he doesn't know, but if he doesn't like you he will have no qualms hitting you or genereally making you're life miserable. He finds many things amusing, particularly the absurd, and given he is in the magical world of the internet or something (who even knows with digimon) he will be laughing A LOT. He also is a bit of a magican and enjoys perfoming tricks for young kids or the like. He sees himself as a sort of guardian demon and his duty to do what no one else will be willing to due to morals. He finally is far less violent then his partner, and tends to calm his partner down just before hitting his foe when his guard is down.[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bio: Robert has always had a attraction to laughter and nonsense. Ever since he saw a circus show back when he was a young young boy. He learned magic and he learned jokes and he became decent at both. In college he did some time at children parties as "Bobby the Clown" to make extra cash. For awhile this worked and his life was good. Then during a party he was performing at he got a call. From the hosptial, their was a robbery, the robber was IDed as a friend of his, he panicked, he had a pistol their was a SHOT.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]And dear old dad was dead.[/size][/font][/color]

Old Dad had a butterfly knife in his garage. Bobby took the knife after the party. Bobby went to his friend. And dear old Bobby told one KILLER JOKE. And dear old friend just BUSTED HIS GUTS. The clown costume was burned, Bobby was dead. Even if corruption existed, even if the streets needed to be protected, he just couldn't do it.

Then he joined the hunts he saw abusive hunters he saw CORRUPTION and he saw DECADANCE. Someone needed to STEP IN. Someone needed to show them that life wasn't a LAUGHING MATTER.

OLD BOBBY IS BACK b****.
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Xros-loader color: Orange cause why not.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Partner Digimon: Mamemon->Ginkakumon (I am amused by the fact this line would normally mean he evolves BACKWARDS)[/size][/font][/color]

Ooooh, I'd like in.

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][spoiler=Okay, here goes.][/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Name[/b]: Marco DeSarenac[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Age[/b]: 15[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Gender[/b]: [s]Impartial[/s] Male[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Appearance[/b]: Marco is a light-skin toned, relatively skinny teenager; 1.68 meters tall; with round, light-brown eyes which contrast his dark-brown, messy and curly hair, g[/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]rowing down to his shoulders. His outfit consists of a light-blue, black striped wool sweater; with a black polo shirt underneath. He also wears a pair of dark blue jeans, held by a dark-brown leather belt. Additionally, he often wears dirt-brown sneakers to match his eyes. [/size][/font][/color]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#666666][size=3][b]Personality[/b]: Marco could be described, in short, as bipolar. On one hand, he often thinks of himself as above others, thinking everything he does is invariably better than what others do, overestimating his intellect, among several other things. On the [/size][/color][/font][i]other[/i][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#666666][size=3] hand, when presented with a challenge, he will hesitate and doubt his capabilities. He is greatly encouraged by compliments, but is likewise discouraged by any criticizing of his methods. Can sometimes get emotional, and screw over his usually analytic methods. This is mostly triggered due to mistreating of children, due to a past happening.[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Bio[/b]: Marco w[/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]as born in Argentina, and lived through a terrible childhood. Dealing with imaginary friends all the way to the age of nine, never knowing any true friendly person. A one-year trip to the colder lands of the south exposed him to a different life, a new beginning. In there, he felt the truth of human warmth, as well as a slight glimpse of what sentimental bonding was about. His life was also altered with the birth of a new sibling, a little girl. Upon her birth, he promised himself nothing would ever happen to her, as long as she was with him.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Th[/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]is proved wrong five years later, when he witnessed his sister be strangled to the point of near-death by an invisible hand, out of which one could distinguish nothing but a cloudy vision of of a mark in the shape of a bat.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ever since that day, his sister was put into intensive therapy. He swore on his life that whoever did such a thing to her would die in his hands. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]XrosLoader Color[/b]: Metallic grey.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Partner Digimon[/b]: Hagurumon --->Gigadramon[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]

Alright, I'm here and ready to get down to business.

@Trimage: I replied to your PM. Sorry for taking so long.

@Nexev: [b]Reserved[/b]. And I find it amusing too, but then again, I find it amusing that MarineAngemon is supposedly a Mega level digimon.

@Mugen: [b]Accepted[/b]. Though I assume Chaos already attempted to say this with "looks good to me."

@TitanKing: Sorry, I'm going to have to say no to Lucemon. Change your partner and I'll look it over again.

@Everyone Else: If I've overlooked anyone's apps, sorry. Just tell me and I'll look at it. For now, however, I'll edit the opening post to include the newly accepted and reserved characters.

[quote name='TitanKing' timestamp='1327852946' post='5787284']
added bio and changed digimon
[/quote]

Your appearance and bio are not long enough. Please look at the requirements again, and then your app. Also, I'm going to say no to Slayerdramon. He's too powerful. I'd be fine with Wingdramon. Or you can try another digimon. It's up to you.

[quote name='Trimage' timestamp='1327864569' post='5787831']
Finished my bio, Sil has seen a digimon before but he doesn't know anything about then except that apparently some of them can destroy a school.
[/quote]

Almost there Tri. Just a few minor changes:

1. Your character must have a last name
2. Your Bio is just a little bit short. While it does reach the fourth line, it is not four full lines. It needs to be four full lines to be accepted
3. You say your character can "predict what people would do next." What exactly does this mean?
4. Your grammar and spelling are somewhat unnerving, but if you can promise to keep them in check, then I'll ignore it for now

[quote name='Remnants' timestamp='1327874576' post='5788327']
Almost there Tri. Just a few minor changes:

1. Your character must have a last name
[b]Added one I used the name of Beowulf's sword[/b]
2. Your Bio is just a little bit short. While it does reach the fourth line, it is not four full lines. It needs to be four full lines to be accepted
[b]Actually I checked and I barely make 5 lines so it should be good you must have [/b][b]miscounted[/b]
3. You say your character can "predict what people would do next." What exactly does this mean?
[b]If he knows someone well enough he knows what they'll do like how they play in fighting games or sports, he can also do the same thing if it is a strategy he's seen before[/b]
4. Your grammar and spelling are somewhat unnerving, but if you can promise to keep them in check, then I'll ignore it for now
[b]I'm using a computer whose base language is Spanish so it is hard not to make little mistakes but I'll try[/b]
[/quote]

Ugh. I hate it when people type in the quotes, because then if I quote them, nothing turns up. But w/e.

Anyways, Tri, three of the four problems I stated earlier have been fixed. However, I counted your bio. It isn't five lines. You must have miscounted, because when I highlighted your entire bio line-by-line, it came out to over three lines, but definitely not four full lines. Make sure it's four full lines AFTER being posted, and not while editing. For some reason, something that appears to be meeting the requirements while using the editor will actually not meet them when posted. Also, you need to state Dorumon's Cho-Shinka'd form.

[quote name='Chaos Sonic' timestamp='1327888257' post='5788727']
Hey Rem, you forgot to add "Gaomon" and "MachGaogamon" to the list of taken Digimon. ^^;
[/quote]

Sorry boss. Adding them now.

Edit: Fix'd. Now they're up!

[quote name='Nexev the Supreme Party' timestamp='1327732213' post='5785059']
Here is my WIP (Work in progress)

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Robert "Bobby" Grey[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Age: 30[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Gender: Male[/size][/font][/color]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Appearance: Robert wears white button down green vest combo, with the sleeves of the shirt ripped off. Robert has a felt black cap with a green band around it, which is a proud part of his ensemble. This gives him a look akin to that of a rouge vegas dealer of some shady renown, especially with his life frame and near constant smile. Robert's skin is unusually pale, almost white, and he has a tendency to write on his hands to remind himself of important events or even simple trains of thought. The writing is washable but it makes his had look like some calligraphy mess.[/size][/color][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Personality: Robert Grey is a bit of a heroic sociopath. He is willing to aid those who aid him and even those he doesn't know, but if he doesn't like you he will have no qualms hitting you or genereally making you're life miserable. He finds many things amusing, particularly the absurd, and given he is in the magical world of the internet or something (who even knows with digimon) he will be laughing A LOT. He also is a bit of a magican and enjoys perfoming tricks for young kids or the like. He sees himself as a sort of guardian demon and his duty to do what no one else will be willing to due to morals. He finally is far less violent then his partner, and tends to calm his partner down just before hitting his foe when his guard is down.[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bio: Robert has always had a attraction to laughter and nonsense. Ever since he saw a circus show back when he was a young young boy. He learned magic and he learned jokes and he became decent at both. In college he did some time at children parties as "Bobby the Clown" to make extra cash. For awhile this worked and his life was good. Then during a party he was performing at he got a call. From the hosptial, their was a robbery, the robber was IDed as a friend of his, he panicked, he had a pistol their was a SHOT.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]And dear old dad was dead.[/size][/font][/color]

Old Dad had a butterfly knife in his garage. Bobby took the knife after the party. Bobby went to his friend. And dear old Bobby told one KILLER JOKE. And dear old friend just BUSTED HIS GUTS. The clown costume was burned, Bobby was dead. Even if corruption existed, even if the streets needed to be protected, he just couldn't do it.

Then he joined the hunts he saw abusive hunters he saw CORRUPTION and he saw DECADANCE. Someone needed to STEP IN. Someone needed to show them that life wasn't a LAUGHING MATTER.

OLD BOBBY IS BACK b****.
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Xros-loader color: Orange cause why not.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Partner Digimon: Mamemon->Ginkakumon (I am amused by the fact this line would normally mean he evolves BACKWARDS)[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Finished, he is a little ICP but I think it's fine.

[quote name='Trimage' timestamp='1327178545' post='5774462']
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Bio: Sil was orphaned at a young age and knows nothing about his parents, he was always different from the other kids figuring things out fasted, doing better at school and sports, and predicting what people would do next. This lead him to go to a special school that would allow his talents to flourish, unfortunately there was an incident at the school where students reported seeing a giant monster destroy the school and do to the destruction it was closed down and the only abnormality was strange EM readings in the area, since then Sil has gone to a normal school and has become bored out of his mind.[/size][/color][/font]
[/quote]

That doesn't look like five lines to me.

[quote name='Nexev the Supreme Party' timestamp='1327900640' post='5789170']
Finished, he is a little ICP but I think it's fine.
[/quote]

I'm kind of scared to say yes, but as long as you don't actually use any deadly weaponry and don't attempt to kill anyone, then I'm fine with it.

[b]Accepted~[/b]

If Bobby kills anyone it will be a bad guy. At worst he will leave the good guys with scars and only if they do stuff particurally horrible.

As stated he is a heroic sociopath, he won't just go on a killing spree, just kill evil digimon.

Which let's be frank: The main characters do this all the time.

Thats the sad thing. Ultimately Bobby isn't that different from the canon people. Might change his digimon from the rampaging berserker to a more subtle danger.

[quote name='Nexev the Supreme Party' timestamp='1327903693' post='5789195']
If Bobby kills anyone it will be a bad guy. At worst he will leave the good guys with scars and only if they do stuff particurally horrible.

As stated he is a heroic sociopath, he won't just go on a killing spree, just kill evil digimon.

Which let's be frank: The main characters do this all the time.

Thats the sad thing. Ultimately Bobby isn't that different from the canon people. Might change his digimon from the rampaging berserker to a more subtle danger.
[/quote]

So... he kills evil digimon? like in canon. That's fine.

Um rem that is 4 and a half lines, are you using a computer or something else cuz I'm on my dad's computer and it is clearly more then 4 lines, the word each line end on is [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]out, [/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]allow, [/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]school, [/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]to a,[/size][/font][/color] and [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]mind.[/size][/font][/color]

Archived