Yu Gi Oh! Role Play: Reopening The Academy! [REGISTRATION ARCHIVE] [Started/Accepting] [PG-12]

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew, here's my app. Took a little longer than I thought, but I like the result.

Name: Kyousuke Mahoro

Appearance: Kyousuke is of an average height and build, with medium length brown hair and deep blue eyes. He often slings his Ra Yellow Jacket over his shoulder or drapes it on his shoulders, rather than actually wearing it. He has a white T-shirt with a red collar and a long red stripe going across the chest area, while the sleeves are black with white rims. Kyousuke also wears jeans and white sneakers.

Dorm: Ra Yellow (Was offered chance to Obelisk Blue, but declined until he felt that he had earned that position)

Personality: Kyousuke is a congenial person who tries to think on the positive side of things. He believes effort is the most important factor on deciding one's worth and so throws himself at everything with a fierce intensity. Even if it's just a simple quiz or task he has to do, Kyousuke always tries to go at it with a hundred and ten percent and won't quit despite the challenges that he may crash into. If a situation doesn't involve him, he may try to help if it's needed, but will keep his distance otherwise. He also has a sarcastic side to him if he gets in a bad mood.

Bio: Kyosuke grew up in a generally moderate family. His mother is a doctor and so taught him the need to be caring and empathetic towards others at a young age. His childhood passed mainly without any major incidents, but he did pick up Dueling from his older sister. His middle school years passed by normally too, until a certain incident took place.

One night, Kyousuke was at home reading manga, having finished his homework. After a while, he grew tired and decided to sleep. His dreams that night were strange and garbled and all culminated with him facing a cloaked figure who was mouthing words to him, but he never understood the message. Yet the real shock was to come. He woke up at about 11 PM to find that Dharc, the Dark Charmer and Gishki Ariel was standing before him.

Shocked by this development, Kyousuke was then told that some form of contract had been forged between Dharc and himself, the effects of which had allowed Dharc to take upon a more corporeal (although still spiritual) form. Apparently, the effect had also spilled over and Gishki Ariel's spirit had materialized as well. By terms of the contract, Kyousuke and Dharc were now bound partners, with each lending their power to the other. Although somewhat surprised and confused, Kyousuke managed to take this with some measure of his normal cool and accepted this fact. That same night, he added Dharc, as well as a few other cards to his Gishki deck, making it no longer a pure Gishki deck, but a new form. Dharc's partnership with Kyousuke has not really changed much of the normal life Kyousuke had before, as Dharc maintains a ghostly sort of presence if anyone else is around and is also invisible to the naked eye. Kyousuke has eventually warmed up to his new friend and partner, although he is rather frustrated by the fact that Dharc maintains he has as-of-yet unknown knowledge of Kyousuke's past, but refuses to share them just yet.

Height: 6.1
Weight: 163 lbs
Duel Disk: Has a standard frame, but instead of the two long plates for card slots, it has two curved blade-like ones instead. When fully fitted together, it bears some resemblance to Kaito's Duel Disk.
Duel Runner: Terrible Omen (It's the D-Wheel that was used by Placido)

Analogy Time!

The IC Thread -> Chess

Dark Necro -> The Pawn: First to move but prevent everyone else from moving as well

Me and Wulf -> The Knights: We can jump over the Pawns, but cannot get the King on our own

Everyone Else -> Everything Else

_______

Anything you can give us Dark? Are we supposed to catch a plane, a choppa something that can get this thing going?

It is in New Domino City, so some people might need a plane... And, Dueling Courses are mandatory, so I'll put those in the first post too.

EDIT: If your character is already driving to Gold Academy, then keep it going. Going on a plane isn't exactly compulsory.

@Corona Ray: Brilliant! Get started, then.. 'cause you're in!

Stuff [i]that[/i], I reckon I have a good Xyz Signer Dragon going :3

Now where was I...? Oh yeah, app.

Name: J.C. Valance
[spoiler=Appearance:][img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/027/d/0/ice_oc_by_neptunusz-d4nqyls.png[/img]
^hands and feet are [i]not[/i] frozen, btw <_<[/spoiler]
Dorm: Obelisk Blue (Was about to be forced to start off in Ra Yellow, but his father successfully sued the school into getting him into Obelisk Blue where, judging by his dueling skills, he belonged)
Personality: In high school and college terms, J.C. fits the definition of jock perfectly; he's not the [i]smartest[/i] person in the world, he has a thing against nerds, geeks or try-hards, he loves his chicks, and the only subjects he believes [i]should[/i] go in a duel academy is sports and self defence... and dueling studies of course. J.C. also tends to yell on random occasions, especially if he feels he has to remind everyone that he didn't get into Obelisk Blue to be a try-hard, and if there's [i]anything at all[/i] that he wants or doesn't want done, he won't hesitate to duel someone if that's what it takes to get things sorted.
Biography: J.C. Valance had never really cared for school that much. All he was planning later in his life was to be a football player, maybe even going up a notch to football coach. However, his parents wanted him to have plenty of options in his career, but seeing that he put bugger all effort into his grades, that just [i]wasn't[/i] going to happen. Perhaps a change into a school that J.C. might actually [i]like[/i] would actually get him somewhere... and that's where the parents found out about the Duel Academy. True, it did focus more on teaching students how to play Duel Monsters, but it [i]did[/i] offer classes that would be found in a normal school.

Naturally, J.C. was immediately enrolled, and took the entrance exams to boot. He did a [i]little[/i] better than normal in the two written exams, but where he [i]really[/i] shined was during the practical exam, in which he had shown to have some form of a natural "dueling instinct". This would've [i]easily[/i] got J.C. in Obelisk Blue under normal circumstances, but because he never attended a preparatory school, the school was about to force him to start off in Ra Yellow, which, when he heard about it, he told them it was utter BS. Thankfully, his father was a prosecutor, and managed to sue the Duel Academy into letting him partake in Obelisk Blue like normal. Since that day, J.C. has vowed that he'd do remotely well in this academy... for his father.
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 176lbs
Duel Disk: Black with orange trimmings. Runs an Evol Deck, and his Signer Dragon is Evolzar Subortus (details on him soon)
Duel Runner: See Duel Disk

[spoiler=Evolzar Subortus][img]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn112/Admiral_Stalfos19/EvolzarSubortus.png[/img]
[spoiler=Lore (in case you can't read it on the card)]3 Level 6 Dinosaur monsters
While this card has Xyz Material: It can attack while it is in Defense Position. If this card attacks while in Defense Position; Apply the ATK of this card for damage calculation. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material; Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard. This card cannot attack the turn you use this effect. If an Xyz Monster is successfully Special Summoned by this effect: Select as many appropriate Xyz Material as possible from your hand, Deck, field, Graveyard or Banished Zone; attach those monsters to the Summoned Xyz Monster.[/spoiler]

Not that good with the new OCG, so if anyone can give pointers on that, as well as suggestions on where to nerf it if necessary, that would be great.[/spoiler]

Believe it or not, it's actually true... Anyway, all arriving students are to leave their luggage in the Music Room, before heading to the Main Hall for an introductory assembly. The Head of Obelisk Blue Boys will lock the luggages away until after the assembly.

EDIT: PLOT TWIST: Entrance Exams will commence DURING the assembly!

Archived