Chαοs Thεorγ [PG-16] [Started/Accepting] [OoC]

Enrise

Metatron’s Cube. An ancient artifact of unknown origin, it is said to be the final secret to understand the secrets of human life. Whether true or not, it is a fact to all that it is the infinite source of Power, supplying humans with a constant flow of energy to increase their strengths. Unfortunately, it cannot limit the abilities of humans to this Power. The only limitations human have is what limitations they were born with, which highly varies for everyone, a dangerous item of information when this is learned.

Chezar, a powerful being, and once a famous general to King Saiyon, learned of how a humans limits are highly varied, and learned that his limits were set at a low standard, granting him the ability to tap into even more Power than he thought he could before. Soon his knowledge of his turned into a greed for power, and he could only desire more power, and later, to know the secrets of life.

Chezar soon gathered a group of followers, who were either soldiers, mercenaries, or citizen, all who were devoted to Chezar and his cause, launched a coup against King Saiyon, and took the throne for himself, and granted him access to the chambers that harnessed the Metatron’s Cube. This even was known as Saiyon’s Takedown, where King Saiyon was murdered on his throne.

Now the new king, Chezar took his power for granted, and attempting to harness the Power of Metatron’s Cube, he never could foresee the catastrophic chain of events that followed. The Cube knew of Chezar’s intentions, and immediately began causing unnatural events, known as the Chαοs Thεorγ.

The Chαοs Thεorγ, a catastrophic occurrence of events, devastated the world completely. After Chezar first attempted to harness the Cube’s Power, the Cube sealed itself from the rest of the world, using a dimensional prison. Though still a part of the world, and still able to regulate Power, it is not able to regulate the balance of nature. As a result, dark forces that were suppressed (now under the reign of Chezar), monsters that were at peace; all tranquility was lost, and the world was thrown into turmoil.

Many felt it was only right to restore order…
Many felt it was only right to retain chaos...

[spoiler=The idea]
You represent either two sides. The side of Chezar, or the side of the Cube.
Siding with Chezar, you are one of the Dark Forces that he now reigns over, hoping for a chaotic world to stay.
Siding with the Cube (a.k.a. Metatron's Cube), you are one who desires for the ending of Chezars reign, and restoring the Cube to its original state, restoring the balance of nature.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rules]
I really shouldn't have to explain myself. But as per habit, I need to.
1. All General YCM Rules and RP Rules apply here.
2. It'll be difficult to advance into the RP without picking a side. If you have some sort of plan up, and can't tell anyone, PM me about it.
3. No, you can't be one of Chezars generals or other higher-ranking members; those spots are reserved for the NPCs from Saiyon's Takedown event.
4. If you're with siding with the Cube, you have no assigned leader. You all just work together to accomplish the same goal. This can possibly change.
5. I won't post any information about the NPCs; a safety precaution, because I don't want their weaknesses and strengths out for public view. It will be added on later in the RP when you discover their weaknesses and strengths.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Characters]
[spoiler=Chezar's Forces]
1. Chezar - Leader (NPC)
2. T'illwer - General (NPC)
3. Juion - General (NPC)
4. Twojqu - Captain (NPC)
5. Ulith - Captain (NPC)
6. Jause - Captain (NPC)
7. Aslan - Lieutenant (NPC)
8. Gert - Lieutenant (NPC)
9. Minions (NPC)
10. Ghar Zon Monti (Ongaku Matsuri)
11. Charlotte Loyyd (TotalObelisk)
12. -
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Siding for the Cube]
1. Lys (My character)
2. Seriandrl Latrike (Hydra of Gentlemanliness)
3. Hroki Windfall (Otaku-sama)
4. -
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Applications]
Name:
Age & Sex: (20+)
Personality: (I want creativity on the personality; anti-cliche bro)
Appearance: (I also expect creativity. Do your best at describing your character)
Background: (How the Chαοs Thεorγ catastrophy affected you)
Power: (What ability (or abilites) were hightened, and/or what kind of power(s) did you receive.)
Side:

1st note: With Power, I imagine there will be someone with the gall to start off super strong. I'd like to give some rules about this.
1. If you have heightened abilites, you can choose to have a power(s). If you do, the power(s) will start off severly weak, making your abilities strong. And vice versa.
2. You can also have a balance between abilities and power(s). Your abilities won't be as strong as an ability based character, but your power(s) won't be so weak.
3. You can have more than one ability and one power. But be careful, the more abilities/powers you have, the weaker they will become when you start RPing.

2nd note: I'm sure I wasn't clear about this earlier, and I apologize. I'll point out the difference between abilities and powers.
Abilities: These are your physical buffs, making you either faster, stronger, more durable, etc.
Powers: These are more along the lines of magic, like controling fire, water, etc.

3rd note: I'll keep a close eye on what abilities/powers you choose. If I deem one, or several, of them too strong to start out with, I won't accept the application.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Locations]
City of Hyan - This is where Chezar's forces will start out.
Hrang - Several days away (on carriage) from the City of Hyan, and is located East. This is where those Siding of the Cube will start.

More will be added when the story progesses.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=IC LINK:]
[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/274726-ch%ce%b1%ce%bfs-th%ce%b5or%ce%b3-pg-16-startedaccepting/"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/274726-ch%ce%b1%ce%bfs-th%ce%b5or%ce%b3-pg-16-startedaccepting/[/url]
[/spoiler]

If there is anything that is unclear to you, do feel free to ask. I'll be posting my app in a bit.

I don't expect the RP to be high-class, It's been forever since I even RP'd, if you're wondering why it's so medicore compared.

[quote name='Charlotte The Witch' timestamp='1327286403' post='5776697']
What's the setting?
[/quote]

It's like a Fantasy-world, only no Magic (excluding the ability/power).

I suppose I should add locations to the first post. Thanks for giving me the thought.

This looks interesting. Joining as an evil playa.

[spoiler=Thar's App]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Ghar Zon Monti[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Age & Sex: 31[/size][/font][/color]
[font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]Personality:[/size][/color][/font][list]
[*][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]Mischievous, cunning, and half-assed.[/size][/color][/font]
[*][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Is known to smile at the sight of death, pain, suffering, and anything colorful.[/size][/font][/color]
[*][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Frowns upon cliche one-liners, team-ups, dead cute animals, and the taste of anything that isn't meat, fruit, or sweets.[/size][/font][/color]
[*][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]Has a habit of wiggling his lips while he's talking, and doing jumping jacks when things get awkward and quiet.[/size][/color][/font]
[*][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Does not care for verbal threats, but takes delight in full-on charges.[/size][/font][/color]
[*][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Always carries his vampire doll with him to confuse his opponents.[/size][/font][/color]
[/list]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Appearance:[/size][/font][/color][list]
[*][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]5' 11"[/size][/font][/color]
[*][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]170 pounds[/size][/color][/font]
[*][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]Genetically mutated dark-purple skin with black tattooed designs[/size][/color][/font]
[*]Red contact lenses
[*][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]Dyed red hair with low-lights[/size][/color][/font]
[*][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]​Wears grey ragged vest with bare torso exposed, saggy dark-red cloth pants trimmed up past his knees, and stolen leather boots with tears (rips) at the top. [/size][/color][/font]
[/list]
[font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]Background: At first Ghar was a well-respected swordsman; saving people's lives and protecting the weak from the evil. At this time he was known as Ghar the Great, and as cliche as the name sounded, he found it suitable for his reputation. But as soon as his many quests began to earn him a paying career from the king, catastrophe broke out and the world was driven into chaos. At this time, Ghar could find no one to help but only get in their way. Soon the people he encountered in need of help only pushed him aside and spat at him with words describing his newly acquired nosy and bastardy traits. Outraged, Ghar's madness cost the lives of many that fell in his way, catching the attention of one of Chezar's minions and led to the direct communication of the dark king himself. In exchange for payment of valuable minerals and food, Ghar agreed to transform his physical being and serve as a driver of chaos in the world.[/size][/color][/font]
[font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]Power: Heightened speed and agility, triple-height jumping ability, and lazerbeam eyes. [/size][/color][/font]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Side: Chezar[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]

[spoiler= Application]
[b]Name: [/b]Seriandrl Latrike
[b]Age & Sex: [/b]28, Female
[b]Personality: [/b]Seriandrl is a cunning woman, quick both on her feet and with her wits, and this defines her more than she would like it to. She is the type of person to attempt to make a profit off of anything possible- selling water to those dying of thirst? Good business. Selling a boat on the spot to a man drowning in the water? Even better! Truth and lies aren't even variables- so long as it brings you closer to your chosen destination, then it doesn't matter how you get there. Making a profit off of other's misfortune isn't something to be ashamed of, it's a fact of life and something that people should get used to, really.
When speaking to people, Seriandrl is the nicest person around- a friend to all, especially you specifically! Now, take a look at this watch... If she's not trying to sell her anything on the other hand, good luck trying to get anything not baited with venom from her. Seriandrl is surprisingly bitter and unwilling to connect with others- the closest thing to friendly banter she gives are insults that are somewhat more humorous than others.
While she's usually very apathetic about what other people do, she can get testy about people who beat her in anything she considers herself good at, even if she never really cared about it before. Simply not being the best is enough to highly annoy her, and is probably the only way for one to get her to notice them.
[b]Appearance: [/b]Seriandrl stands very tall, approximately seven feet, though she is also very slender; impossibly so for a regular human being at any rate. Her body has a quality to it not dissimilar to a broken twig, where a straight like has made several bony misjoints, not at all helped by her almost bluish pallor. Her left ear has a double point to it, while the right one is long and triangular, also carrying a gold bolt in the side.
Her face is partially covered by a large back tatoo that appears over her eyes in the shape of a butterly. She uses a lot of makeup, and includes swirls on her face that go in unique directions each day- her eyes are rather small compared to others, and are solidly red, with no discernible pupils.
She generally wears very long and flowing black clothing, especially such that is threaded with white and beads. She wears a shawl-like mantel around her at all times, and pushes it back only when she needs to run or move quickly; beneath it, she wears a long shirt with bells and pearls interlaced over a similar pair of heavy woolen pants.
[b]Background: [/b]Seriandrl was orphaned by a fire when she was a very young child, and was taken in by a travelling group of merchants- who, of course, were making their money by selling small objects to the survivors. She grew up as a princess of economics, learning the trading game, what was good to buy, when to sell- that sort of thing. She was very good at that, but there was an element she was very much superior in- she was good at talking to people, getting them to trust her. Fakely, I mean. In her own personal relationships she was all hands at actually relating to other humans, but she could pretend she was good pretty well. This, of course, formed the basis of her survival from that point on- even when she split off from the merchants, she was an accomplished con artist, getting money for what was rather about free.
When Chaos Theory wrecked most of the world, being a traveller, Seriandrl was very lucky in that she wasn't so much as scratched- indeed, she actually [i]gained [/i]money- a LOT of money, from the survivors and injured, for very basic items that she sold at six times their usual prize. She made money- lots of it, indeed.
But she couldn't quite forget about what caused the Theory- and if the kind destroyed the world, then all the money in the world couldn't help her. As much as she hated to admit it, there was reason for her to be involved. Chaos doesn't care about economics, after all.
[b]Power: [/b]Seriandrl has the honor of the mixed Power, Persuasion, which does exactly as it sounds- allows her to more easily convince others of facades. By simply having Persuasion, people are tempted to believe her no matter how she poises herself or looks at her- this is a special power in that it is an extension of a physical ability, elaborated in a matter that doesn't need any recalculation.
Secondly, Seriandrl has the power of Manipulation, which allows her to move objects with her mind and impart in them a limited form of sentience for a short period of time. This applies to weapons as well as inanimate objects, but cannot affect anything living. A corpse counts as a valid target, though Seriandrl dislikes using her power on a dead body.
[b]Side: [/b]Cube
[/spoiler]

[b]Name:[/b] Charlotte Loyyd

[b]Age & Sex:[/b] 24 / Female

[b]Personality:[/b] Charlotte is a very cynical and laid-back person often seeming to care very little for anything going on around her or even of other people, having no problems with speaking her mind or making witty or sarcastic comments. She can be hard to get along with by people who are easily offended as she seems to show no restraint or tact when talking. Despite her docile nature she is quick to anger or defend herself and is extremely stubborn when it comes to conflicts or arguments, refusing to give up or let someone else back her up. Despite being stubborn though, she is far from stupid and will almost always play things smart and use whatever advantages she has at the time. It is pretty clear that Charlotte lives in her own little world and cares little for reality; she spends a lot of time reading books or daydreaming.

[b]Appearance:[/b] Charlotte stands at above average height and has a very athletic build and is very light on her feet, her skin appears Caucasian, if a tad pale, with a few freckles and spots but aside from that a fairly clear complexion. She has long red hair which she keeps tied in a high ponytail and rather small, pale pink eyes. She most often wears a black long-coat with a high collar that covers the lower part of her chin, combat boots and gloves and a black jumpsuit underneath done up with a belt. A small satchel hangs from this belt and is just visible underneath her coat tail.

[b]Background:[/b] Charlotte is an only child and due to her parent’s jobs had to raise herself for the most part, becoming a very independent person, buying her own food and learning to cook early on in life. Because she spent most of her home life by herself Charlotte quickly took up reading books and daydreaming to pass the time, developing a very loner personality and preferring the world of fiction to that of reality. During much of her childhood Charlotte frequently got into fights with other children over the smallest of things, often coming out on top even against multiple people due to fighting dirty and quickly became widely regarded as a menace among most of the families in her home town, however Charlotte cared little about her reputation as she grew up, becoming a strong and self-dependant person though still liable to lash out at anyone given enough reason. When the Chαοs Thεorγ hit Charlotte’s home town was one of many that was almost utterly destroyed, leaving few survivors including Charlotte herself who was seriously injured in the event. Charlotte soon discovered who was responsible but, in an impressive display of level-headedness, opted not to go after Chezar for revenge, instead, once she’d recovered, she willingly joined Chezar’s forces, hoping to rise high enough in rank to eventually reach Chezar himself.

[b]Power:[/b]
-Charlotte’s physical durability is increased massively, allowing her body to withstand punishment no normal human can withstand. She is able to recover easily from heavy impacts, G-Forces, pressure or anything else that would ordinarily cripple her and mostly seems to come out unscathed. Her skin is still able to take damage like a normal human, however, but due to her abilities Charlotte has a very high pain threshold and is able to ignore most serious injuries. Despite these abilities Charlotte does not possess any unique healing abilities to back it up, so while her body can survive severe pressure and impacts she can still quite easily die from any injuries inflicted as a result.

-Alongside her physical enhancements Charlotte also wields a special bladed whip that ordinarily resembles an oversized dagger. The whip is able to extend up to 100 metres and can similarly contract into its more compact dagger form at will; Charlotte is also able to control the whip’s rigidity, often using it as a make-shift sword if she needs to.

[b]Side:[/b] Chezar's Forces

I apply.

Name: Hroki Windfall

Age & Sex: 31, Male

Personality: Driven and unwavering in his pursuit of justice, he is an intimidating man to be around. His voice has a natural booming quality to it and commands respect even from the lowliest of thieves. He is a rather simple man, not appreciative of anything he deems impractical, which includes arts, science and philosophy. He can be very bigoted at times, especially when the person arguing against him is someone who he deems weak, often calling them "milk-drinkers." However, he does have compassion for all people. By principle, he will not strike an opponent when they are downed or are unable to fight any longer. His honor code is enforced by him at all times and expects everyone around him to know and honor it. However, despite these short comings, he is a man of character and enjoys reveling with his comrades, especially when mead is involved. Those who fight alongside him are sure to be invited to sing and tell tales of their battles over a pint of drink.

Appearance: 6' 4", pale skinned, heavy and muscular frame. His blonde hair comes down from his head in messy plaits, matching his short beard. His blue eyes are small, but show a fierceness that would scare off an angry bear. He has many scars all over his body from battles past, and Hroki is quite proud of them, willing to tell tales about how he received each one. One rarely sees him wearing anything but his battle armor. His armor is rather light, mostly consisting of studded leather, with a thin steel breastplate that is so heavily damaged it looks wholly unable to protect him. His steel helmet is a medium helm, covering most of his head but leaving most of his face open. The center piece of his silhouette would be his imposing battleaxe. Standing almost as tall as he, the axe is very heavy and unwieldy for anyone who has not trained with two handed weapons, and even then it is still heavier than most battleaxes. It has only one cutting edge, but the blade is wide and always kept sharp enough to hack through the toughest armor. Hroki wields his axe effortlessly in battle, often being used in wide, sweeping attacks or in furious blitzes where Hroki swings it faster than anyone would expect such a heavy weapon to be able to.

Background: Raised by a military man and a farmer, Hroki was always a rough and tumble kid. He would always be the first of the neighbourhood boys to start fights with sticks. As soon as he was of age, he left his parents to join the army. He proved to be an unruly soldier, often breaking rank to take the fight to the enemy. Whatever qualms his superiors had with his insubordination were made up with his vigor in battle. His face was feared by many enemies of the Empire, but due to his superiors' lack of control over him, he was only promoted up to sergeant. When the chaos theory occurred, Hroki quickly found himself a target for execution and was nearly captured many times. However, through pure determination and strength, he fought countless mercenaries and bounty hunters and managed to find some peace in the hamlet of Hrang. There, with little money to his name, he became a mercenary, killing or roughing up shop owners to get enough money for his axe and his mead. He knows little of the Cube or what cause the crisis, and he cares little about it. As long as he can fight good fights, drink good mead and sing with his brothers, he cares little of what happens.

Power: His power manifests in a visible ice blue aura that radiates from his body when he is in battle. The more damage he inflicts and receives, the stronger the aura becomes. Anyone within his aura will be filled with a will to fight, both friend and foe, giving them increased strength and damage resistance. Although he rarely notices himself do this, he can focus his aura to different parts of his body and his weapon to make his blocks tougher and his blows heavier. He can also focus his aura into shout of pure fury. This shout can stagger and even knock off the balance of even the sturdiest of foes and inspires fear and cowardice in his enemies. However, the stronger the aura is present in his battles, the more stamina it takes out of him. He doesn't feel the effects until after the battle and are usually combatted with copious amounts of food and drink.

Side: Cube

Name:Samuel (Sam) Xavier II
Age & Sex: 22/male/gay
Personality: Pure, undiluted insanity. He wants chaos because "...The world burning would be pretty.". He sometimes exhibits his old personality, nice, flirty, and sarcastic. Immediately afterwards he snaps into worse insanity and tries to kill everything around him. He has had his mind destroyed by so much loss he wants everyone to suffer. He would be more likely to get angry over someone getting his blood spilled on shirt than his blood being spilled.
Appearance: He's thin and wiry, his skin is pale. He has black hair and originally blue eyes. His eyes randomly shift color, but if chaos was a color, his would be that. He dresses goth, mostly black.
Background: His brother joined the cube and was killed. A drop of his blood rolled to Sam's house, and exploded into a tsunami of blood. His mother drowned in her own son's blood. He and his father survived, but his father started attacking him. He was forced to kill his dad. He went to warn his boyfriend. He was telling him to evacuate, but his boyfriend went limp, and he saw a knife in his hand. It was at this moment he started snapping and manipulating blood.
Power: He can fire pulses of blood, and at one point when was really angry, he made someones blood boil. He can manipulate fear. As his power in ceases he'll lose his senses.
Side:Chaos, he want the universe to im or explode.

1st note: With Power, I imagine there will be someone with the gall to start off super strong. I'd like to give some rules about this.
1. If you have heightened abilites, you can choose to have a power(s). If you do, the power(s) will start off severly weak, making your abilities strong. And vice versa.
2. You can also have a balance between abilities and power(s). Your abilities won't be as strong as an ability based character, but your power(s) won't be so weak.
3. You can have more than one ability and one power. But be careful, the more abilities/powers you have, the weaker they will become when you start RPing.

2nd note: I'm sure I wasn't clear about this earlier, and I apologize. I'll point out the difference between abilities and powers.
Abilities: These are your physical buffs, making you either faster, stronger, more durable, etc.
Powers: These are more along the lines of magic, like controling fire, water, etc.

3rd note: I'll keep a close eye on what abilities/powers you choose. If I deem one, or several, of them too strong to start out with, I won't accept the application.

Avivia, your application has been denied for the following reasons:[list]
[*]Grammatical errors
[*]Quality of application
[*]Posting the IC without acceptance (not an official rule, but I take that to considerable offense)
[/list]
Your post in the IC Thread will be ignored, and your application will be denined until the quality of both the grammer, and the application itself is been improved.

The ancient city is protected by a magical barrier, protecting it from the Chaos Theory, and any other magical threats. However, it doesn't stop you from going right in.
Besides that magical barrier, it's like a normal city. Guards, citizens.

If you're asking for the source of the magical barrier, that will be revealed via RP. For now, you can thankfully walk on through without any problems. Huzzah, right?

[quote name='Otaku-sama' timestamp='1328412401' post='5799993']
I am willing to create a new character to add to the good side as it looks like Hydra is still tied up with computer problems. Should I?
[/quote]

I never posted any rule saying you can't have another character. Did I?

.... Did I?

Yeah go ahead. I have no problems with it. Hopefully when his problems resolve, we can speed things up.... :/

Archived