World War Z-(wwz) The zombie Apocalypse (accepting/started) Pg 13

Esplin 9466 Primary

[img]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/viserlord/zombieNYC.jpg[/img]
[Spoiler=Accepted]
[spoiler= (Esplin 9466 Primary)[b]Name: [/b]Roger D. McNabb ]
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Age:[/b] 23
[spoiler=[b]Appearance:[/b] ]
Roger Almost always wears leather pants and 2, long sleeved leather coats (different kinds or coats, so it looks natural.). While it does make him look good, the main reason he wears them is to provide some deal of protection against Zombie bites. He also has a medical face mask and a pair of sun glasses to prevent zombie blood from getting in to his eyes and mouth. The mask is usually worn around his neck and both the glasses and mask have string which wraps all the way around his head to avoid them falling off.
[spoiler=[b]pic:[/b]][img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2804/4309754517_7d3de22f02.jpg[/img][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Personality:[/b] ]Roger’s personality depends on the situation they are in. When danger is far away he is a fun loving person, and he is the self proclaimed ‘make people laugh’ person. However, as the unofficial leader, he also knows when to stop joking and when to get serious. He holds no mercy for people who seriously wrong him or the members of his group, and wouldn’t hesitate to feed them to zombies, rather than kill them quickly with a knife or gun.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Bio:[/b] ]Before the war Roger's name was Zach. But he took his fathers name, who was killed saving his life from a hord of zombies early on in the war. He started getting in to zombies as for of a hobby than anything ells. It started off with reading a book 'Zombie survival guide', at the age of 17, and meeting up with other people with the same interests. He cant say the same about everybody ells, but he thaught it was all made up, he only did this because it was interesting. Then came the day when him and his family where attacked by Zombies. Zach/Roger and his twin brother, who was not there at the time of the attack, are the only two members of his family that survived the attack. He used his knowlage to get out of the city and gather a small group of people to travel with.[/spoiler]
[b]Skills:[/b] Roger is one of the few people to have detailed knowledge of zombies from before the war. This has given him the role of the unofficial group leader, as most people listen to what he has to say and more commonly follow his instinct.
[b]Weapon of choice:[/b] 1, Magnum Kukri Machete: 1, Wilderness survival knifes 8": 1, Wilderness survival knifes 3": 2, Glock 17: 1, M16a2 Rifle: Sharpening stone
[b]Other:[/b] Roger has a small notebook which he calls 'Zombie guide' were he writes down notes to help survive the war. He Sometimes mentions these notes to the group. He also keeps a larger notebook which he uses to keep track of everything that happens. He writes in it everyday.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=(The Swift Assaulter)[b]Name:[/b] Jason Mass]
[b]Age:[/b] 25
[spoiler=[b]Appearance:[/b]][img]http://i32.tinypic.com/kbq0y0.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Personality:[/b] ]Jason is mainly a loner, not wanting anything to do with his team, other than learn information that would help face off against the zombies. Jason has this inner pain and sorrow inside through his feeling of loss and helplessness. Because so, he has this feeling that he might not ever be able to help any survivors. Because of what he suffered through, he wishes to do his own thing, believing that he might not be able to save anybody, but would be able to put an end to what is going on. He believes that he can never recover from what he faced. He will at times be overwhelmed with sadness when someone brings up anything tragic, which reminds him of the fateful event that makes him who he is today.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Bio: [/b]]Jason was the oldest in his family, also succeeding higher than anyone in his family ever expected. Jason joined the military at age 23, but got married after turning 19. He was still at college during that time, but he managed. He also had a child, a baby girl, a year later. After about a year or so, Jason went up the ranks faster than anyone in the miltary has ever seen. But that didn't last that long. Once the Zombie Virus was heard all around the world, Jason and many others were relocated to the US to fight these creatures off. All but very few of these soldiers are still alive, including Jason. As soon as Jason noticed his house, he ran to it, hoping everything was alright. It wasn't. In fact, it is the worst thing to ever happen to somebody, but also a big mistake for Zombies. As a husband for only 5 years, and a father for only 4, taking away a military man's family from them permanently is the one thing nobody should ever do, regardless of being a Zombie or not. Now, Jason is out with a vengeance, but won't go on a rampage like many people would think, now that he is an Anti-Hero. Since he is now part of a squad with an unofficial leader, who he believes doesn't fit the leader role, he now has no choice but to help them fight in this new war. A war in which could actually be the end of the world the Mayans predicted so long ago.[/spoiler]
[b]Skills:[/b] Expert in firearms (minus RPG-7s and other rocket launchers.), expert in First Aid, and high IQ.
[b]Weapon of choice:[/b] 1, Five-Seven Pistol; 1, P99 Pistol; 1, Crossbow w/ Normal and Explosive Arrows.
[b]Other:[/b] Jason carries a military backpack that holds all of his weapons and ammo. Plus, he has holsters for his guns if he chooses to use them.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=(KnT)[b]Name:[/b] Ryan Conner]
[b]Age:[/b] 19

[Spoiler=[b]Appearance:[/b]]
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/35d86zm.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=[b]Personality:[/b]]
Before the mass infection, Ryan was quite the optimist, always cheerful. He was simple living life to it's fullest. Yet, now there isn't even a sparkle left of the old Ryan. He is always depressed, the few people that talk to him never get a decent reply and it seems he is simple looking for a way out. He can't be blamed, though.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=[b]Bio:[/b]]
Jason had a short, yet difficult life behind him by the time he turned 18. Because of his parents who constantly had to move from one city to a next one, for their career. By the time he reached the age of 11, his parents got divorced and by court order Ryan had to stay with his mother. She then started drinking and couldn't handle the pressure anymore. Eventually Ryan had to take care of his mental-unstable mother and dropped out from school. After a year his father started showing up again and he decided to take care of his ex-wife in order for Ryan to complete his school career.

It's July, finals just ended and Ryan is sitting on a bench with a couple of his friends, near a small park in downtown manhattan. It is on this exact spot that Ryan encountered an infected person for the first time. Though at that time they were not aware of the events that were about to happen. They simple laughed at the 'zombie', mistaking it for a hobo. Shortly after a small plane, most likely private, crashed in the park right next to them. Authorities arrived almost immediately searching for survivors. Ryan was unable to witness what was going on behind the trees because the police let no one come close. During the 'rescue attempt', it was clear that guns had been fired. At first it was but a distant sound, but it became quite obvious pretty quick.

His world became consumed by hatred toward everything. This 'Disease' has infected everyone around Ryan. His friends turned in walking corpses and joined the undead army that was roaming the city. He witnessed the death of both his parents, eaten alive. It took but a couple of minutes before they died of their wounds, simple to wake up again and walk amongst their brethren zombies. Ryan bashed the skull of his father with a chair and had to kill his mother by beating her with his fist. He is fully traumatized by this and is now traveling from shelter to shelter with a couple of people he met not too long ago. He doesn't seek vengeance for his parents, but he simple isn't ready to die yet.[/spoiler]

[b]Skills:[/b] He is well trained in the art of Muay Thai and has been in the boxing ring several times. He also possesses some basic survival skills, but his mainly going on instinct at this point.

[b]Weapon of choice:[/b] Though he preferes hand-to-hand combat and bash the skulls of zombies with his steel-nuckle plates, he also carries 2 hand grantes and a gun with but a few bullets which he found after raiding his dads room. Beside those he is equipped with a katana which he order online a few years ago, its not as sharp as it used to be, as a matter of fact, it's quite blunt.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=(Hotaru987)[b]Name:[/b] Emily Whittin]
[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Age:[/b] 23

[spoiler=[b]Appearance:[/b]][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/t4z0xd.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Personality:[/b] ]Emily, even before all of this, was a do-it-yourself kind of girl. She liked getting her hands dirty, and getting a hands on experience when it came to life experiences. Emily feels as though if you don't at least try then you will never know if you will succeed. More times then not she probably failed miserably at some of the things she attempted but her 'never-give-up' attitude prevented her from stopping until she prevailed. Sometimes she can be considered a tomboy which is probably due to her father raising her. Even so Emily is a narutally optemistic and helpful person which is why she chose to take up medicine and nursing as a major. Even now, during the virus ourbreak, she maintains this personality. However, there has been some slight changes. Even though Emily's will still give her all to help someone, she now knows that there are some cases where she can't always be nice and helpful. Sometimes she has to cut her losses and leave people behind. Before she does, however, she will make sure she has done everything she possibly could have done. So in a sense she can be seen as optimistically naive. Emily would be the one to try and keep the group happy, and keep everyone from stressing out. She likes saying jokes but most of the time they are either old, stupid or plain not funny. Even so, since she isn't good at fighting, she seemed to have made it one of her goals to keep everyone smiling.
[/spoiler]
Bio: (optional)
[b]Skills:[/b] Grease Monkey, doctor(medical degree), has basic firearm knowledge.
[b]Weapon of choice:[/b] 2 semi-automatic handguns, 1 doctor's bag, 1 kel tec p32(ankle gun), 1 wrench

[b]Other:[/b] Emily likes playing the guitar, as well as drawing. When ever she gets mad, or sad she will go quiet and not speak to anyone.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=rules]
1-3: Advanced Clause Rules
4: Shouldn’t even have to say it, but no Godmoding. You’re only human
5: Before you ask. NO, you can’t be a Zombie with self control.
6: As proof that you read the rules. Read my app and put accepted or denied, at the bottom of your app(If it was your RP, would you accept or deny my character app.)
7: Read the section ‘About Zombies’
8: All ()’s should be removed from the App. Anything optional that you dont do should also be removed.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=About Zombies]
There are a lot of Zombie movies and books which descried Zombies differently. So in this section I’m goanna tell you the differences between the movie Zombies and the Zombies for this RP. I will only list the parts that most people will automatically know after a few weeks in the Zombie world, or things that you will have to know to avoid GMing. (From what I have seen, the closest movie/tv to this RP is ‘walking dead’. Most, if not all Zombie facts are correct.)
1st. The only way to kill a Zombie is to destroy the brain. NO ACCEPTIONS!!
2nd. Zombies are slow. For most people, normal walking speed will be more than enough to outrun a Zombie.
3rd. In some shows, Zombies fall apart all the time. Not here. If you can’t do it to a human, you probably can’t do it to a Zombie.
4th. the infection is spread through saliva and blood. (The way the virus is spread is probably the only thing 28 days la
ter got right. Lol)
5. Depending on the person, the bite could take anywhere between a few hours to a full day to kill, and another few hours to reanimate the infected.
6. If the Zombie hasn’t spotted a meal, it is easy to distract it. But the only thing that can distract it from a meal is an easier meal.
7. Humans will be the main food of a Zombie, but they will settle for animals.
8. A zombie that is in the middle of a meal is very unlikely to come after you.
9. Zombies don’t bleed out.
10. prove you wread this section.
~if you read the book 'Zombie Survival Guide' put Yes by your name in green letters.
~if you did not read the book, put 'NO' in red letters.[/spoiler]

Roger was kneeling close to the edge or an abandoned building, looking out at the streets with a pair of binoculars. The group had taken a side trip through a city to stock up on food, and other provisions. They where mostly able to live off the land, and eat animals, but having a backup was always a good idea.They had made it a good ways in to the city before Roger had decided it was time for a break. Even though they didn't really need one, he knew that if they waited then they might be runing from a hoard of zombies with tired feet. "We'll head back out in about fifteen or twenty minutes. Remember to keep low, if they spot us up here then we'll be traped." He then took out a deck of playing cards and started playing a game of solitaire.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lukas turned back to Roger. "So, what'd we get on the raid today?" He had a craving for a good, non-contanimated apple, or a juicy steak, but the only foods they could really have were ones that were processsed and/ or preserved in a can or container of some sort. He looked back on his first day.

[i]He had woken up, both of his parents at work. He turned on TV, expecting to see his Sunday morning cartoons. Instead, he saw reports such as, "Zombie outbreak". Lukas had always loved learning about zombies, and watched zombie movies all the time, so at first he was excited. He assumed his parents had some sorrt of weapons at work, so he grapped first his Dad's guns, a pair of swords in his Dad's study, and his rifle. He later dicided the rifle was to big and useles, though he kept the rounds for The Judge. He walke doutside, and his excitement turned to horror. There were zombies everywhere. As he looked around, he saw one person on a nearby building, picking of ZOmbies near him. He slowly snuck over, later to find out that that wasRoger.[/i]

Jason was a small distance away from his group, who he could care less for. Especially Roger. Why should Roger be the leader when Jason used to be a part of the Military? Maybe he believes he knows more about surviving than he does. Wrong. He knew that the best way to survive was to take out anything that would compromise the mission. Finally deciding to talk, he asked, "You mind telling me exactly why we have to follow your orders? I know a lot more about surviving than you do. I don't care what it is we're facing. From what I learned in the Military, my drill sergeant once said, 'In order to survive, you must be able to find what will compromise your survival and take it out in any way you can.' The only reason my ass is still in this group because if I just left now, I wouldn't last long. You're just intel that will help me put an end to all this. Your not the leader, and so long nobody still alive with power can give you that position. I know more about strategizing than you ever will. I'd be better of a leader than you ever will." He then let out a sigh and took out his pistols from his backpack and put them in their holsters. "If we're caught, we fight our way back out, simple as that." He then closed his backpack and put it on. "If you don't like that idea, then you're not fit to survive in this."

Emily sighed and took a seat, propping one of her legs on her knee to massage one of her feet. [color=#4b0082]"Thank god. My feet were killing me." [/color]She sighed before shifting to massage her other foot. [color=#4b0082]"We need to find some place with good medical supplies. I'm out of rubbing alcohol, and cotton swabs as well. I could probably grab a few bandages as well."[/color] She continued to list off more things but in her head, going over her mental list so that she didn't forget what she needed. Being the only female in the group so far she couldn't exactly ask the guys if they had any extra feminine products on them. She would definitely need to grab a few of those before they headed back out. Maybe she could find a few pairs of clothes while out as well. It was funny how her mind could be on something as simple as clothes when there was a zombie apocalypse outside.

Suddenly Jasen began speaking. She had noticed that he was further away from their little group and sighed. He did seem to be a bit of a loner. And from what he was saying, it was obvious he didn't see Rodger as leader potential. He believed he was more fit since he was in the military. Emily never really thought about it but she guess she did follow Rodger's orders. She was alone before this, so when she ran into Rodger and the rag-tag group he managed to put together she just followed along. [color=#4b0082]"Just calm down Jasen. We all need each other if we're going to survive this. All of us have different skills that will help us to survive this."[/color] She offered him a smile.

"Yeah, we all have different skills to keep us alive. Plus, if you knew anything about Zombies, you would know that silence and stealth is key. In case you didn't notice, there are, about 5 of us and about, 400 of them out there, and that's just an estimate." He did the math in his head. "That's an 80 to 1 Ratio. I don't know what they've tought you in the military, but I'm pretty sure they didn't tell you to go and kill 400 men with you and your pool buddies." He grabbed a pair of binoculars on the shelf nearby, and turned to the group. "I'll go clamber up and see if I can find a good refuge building to move to, and if there is a clear route. He climbed outside, and started climbing, jumping back into windows to see if there were stairs. Most had been smashed by people who had once used the area as a refuge. he got to the top, and peered out. He scanned the city through his binoculars. "Well, lookie there. How helpful." Probably 200 yards away, was a Small office building. He saw one entrance, and probably about six, small windows. He came back down. "Everyone grab some of those binoculars. I see a place we can go next!" He said, pointing at the office building.

OoC: Misspelled my name Hotaru. lol Not your fault.

Jason listened to what Emily had said and thought about it. One way or another, she's right, but I still think everybody here, except Emily, is useful. "We may all have different skills, but the one skill that I have that Roger can never have the pleasure to be is that I'm a good leader. I lead a squad that I was assigned to after I was promoted to Sergeant First Class. They survived everything that was thrown at them. That was because I was able to see stuff they couldn't, and it saved their asses everytime. I never went with the code 'If I cannot save my teammates, then I will continue and complete my mission.' It's a load of crap that mainly led to selfishness. Most squad leaders want to bring their teammates to the point where they can't be helped so they can handle things themselves. I never did that. Because of the fact that I actually cared for the lives of my teammates, I almost got a Medal of Honor because of it. None of you have even the slightest clue of what I went through, and you never will." He then hung his head and sighed.

Listening to Lukas, he almost said something when he saw him go outside. When he came back in and heard what he found, he gave Lukas a dirty look. "Before we do that, let me tell you something, and you better listen carefully, because I don't repeat myself." He then got in Lukas' face. "Be careful who you're talking to, kid, because I can easily shove you in a barrel, roll you down this hill, and let those abominations eat you alive! Now, let me make something clear to you. I was taught to take out any enemies that would be considered a threat. And killing every single one of those things is not what I had in mind. So unless you want me to let those things come at you first, I'd suggest you don't talk smack to your superior officer. Do we understand each other, or will you take the barrel down the hill? Your choice."

Roger Let out a soft sight and almost laughed before standing up. "I do understand where your coming from Jason. A military man would normally be more fit to lead a group than a civilian. But I've noticed a few things about you that makes you completely unfit to lead." He picked up all of the cards he had and put them in his pocket. "But I wont tell you what they are, you'll have to figure them out for yourself. The important thing is that you don't seem to know as much about me as you think. Weather or not you do as I ask is up to you. But if you put the group in danger, I will personalty put a pullet through your skull." He smiled, it wasn't fake or forced. "Now, lets stop debating about who's more fit to lead and get one with what we came here for." He then walked over to look where Lukas was indicating. "Food first, if we have time then we'll come back and see what you can pull out of there." He glanced over to Lukas. "That okay?"

Jason turned his attention back to Roger, letting out a small sarcastic chuckle. "Whatever it is you think makes me not fit to be a leader could easily be a bunch of bullcrap." He then grabbed a pair of binoculars and watched from the same viewpoint Lukas did. He saw some things that Lukas might have missed. He came back down and gave everybody some shocking news. "You're right about the house down the hill, but you noticed it so fast and came back down here and you didn't realize that some of those freaks are walking all around the building." He let out a sigh and looked at Roger. "I think the best option is to create a diversion, one that will get every one of those things' attention. But, if you want to keep being the unfit leader and find a solution, be my guest, because I'm gonna do my own thing." He then sighed again. "By the way, I'm not arrogant and selfish, if that's what you're thinking. I had my own heart ripped out of me by those things and it made me who I am today." He then turned away and put his head against the wall. "I wasn't fast enough. I didn't make it in time. It's all my fault. Dammit!!" He then punched the wall and began to breathe heavily. He is almost at his breaking point, and when he does reach it, he won't allow anyone to help him, no matter how bad things would seem for him.

"Whoa," he said, turning and wispering to Emily, "Wondering what happened to him. As for me, I'm hoping to survive and kill as much as those as possible, and maybe find my parents, if they're not currentlly trying to eat us." He turned back to Jason. "That sounds good, except, unless you've got an RPG, I can't think of much else for us to do to diverse, or divertionize, or whatever the word is! Divert, that's it, their attention." He started looking around the room. Pheraps they had flares hidden away somewhere, or something else good they could use to get the zombies attention. "Now, please stop insulting our 'leader'. I really don't like having a leader, whereas being a sort of-" He stopped himself from saying cummunist, " a group effort."

Emily couldn't help but nod in agreement with Lukas. Even so she too couldn't help but wondering what had happened to make Jason like he was. Surly the military alone couldn't have been the soul reason for his state of mind. After Lukas spoke again, once again addressing Jason, Emily could sense another argument starting so she decided to step in,[color=#4b0082] "Look I'm tied of hearing all of this testosterone being thrown around. Jason you may have been in the military, but there are certain qualities that Roger have that you don't have, and there a skills that you have that Rodger won't have. That just means we have to work together to utilize each of our strengths to the fullest while shielding each others weaknesses."[/color] She put her shoes back on and stood up and stretched. [color=#4b0082]"For right now lets just focused on accomplishing the goal we came out here to do. Do you boys think you can do that, and play nice for a while?" [/color]She asked a teasing tone in her voice and a small amused smirk on her face.

Roger placed his hand on Jason's shoulder to calm him. "There right, lets forget all of this 'who makes the rules' crap, and get back to the mission. This is a group effort and we if we can't get along then we all die, it's that simple." He tried to figure out a way to divert the zombies attention when he looked down over the ledge and found just what he needed, and he loved it. Sitting just a block away from the building was a car, he couldn't tell what kind of car it was, do to having the approximate car knowledge of a retarded monkey; but he could tell it was fast and cool. "Any volunteers to detract the dead people? If not, then I would be happy to do it."

"Fine" He said, to both Emily and Roger. Then, to Roger, "I'll do it. Ya'll watch me though. I die, and become a zombie, I will eat all of you. Just kidding. I will be mad at you from heaven, though." He said, trying to be brave. "I don't feel like wasting my bullet but... Ohh. Derp" He said, realising something. "I'll yell." He said, asking Roger another question. "Where, and when do I yell. And how do you plan to save me." He said, thinking back to his favorite movie, Zombieland. Rule #1, don't be hero. Well, as he said, some rules are meant to be broken. "So, what's your plan"

"It's simple really, you get to that car and drive in front of the building to distract the zombies and the rest of us make a run for it. Give us about 10 minutes to get there and then you can drive away with your new car." As he said this out loud he started to realize what a stupid idea it was, but it was to late to take it back. "I figure if your in the car and drive fast enough then you wont really need a us to rescue you." He pushed his sunglasses over his eyes and let out a small grin. "Option B. We do what we've been doing and try to sneak past the walkers. I figure it that option b is an all or nothing plan because if we screw up then we're all dead."

He nodded his head. "Alright. So, let me get this straight, I drive the other way for 10 minutes, then come back. gotchya." It had occured to him that he was crazy to do this, but he decided to do it anyway. He walked downstairs, with an uncanny feeling that this would be his last mission. He gave a salute to everyone, especially Jason, and drew his swords. He walked outside, and hijacked the car. He started it, and started honking the horn. Many zombie heads perked up at once. Lukas started the car, and slammed onto the accelerator. He drove over a few zombies, and continued honking the horn. He shot in the opposite direction of the building, and started slamming around corners. He pressed the start button on his watch set for 10 minutes, and started driving.

After Jason's breakdown, he sat on the floor and listened to Roger's plan for Lukas. As of now, he remains quiet, mainly because he actually feels bad for acting like he was. You could easily say that he is temporarily back to his old self before the incident. However, he can't say for sure how long it will last, since he feels real good right now. And then, he spoke. "Guys?" he asked after Lukas' plan was set in action. He then stood up. "Look, I'm sorry about how I acted. I mean, I just feel so torn after what happened to my life. Everything I cared about is now gone. And I didn't save them in time." He then walked towards the window with a pair of binoculars, watching Lukas in the car. "I think we have the signal to start moving." Putting down the binoculars down, he said, "By the way, don't expect me to stay like this forever. You might see me like this for a little while, but don't expect it after every time I snap at one of you." He then sighs. "Okay, Lukas is in position. Let's move, shall we?"

"Sorry, where you saying something?" Roger asked as he looked up from his rifle, he had been using it to cover Lukas, and make sure he got to the car in time. The zombies ignored the sound of gun shots because they where already after Lukas. He had heard mostly everything that Jason said, but decided that this was the best way to avoid a subject that he doubted anybody wanted to talk about. When Jason said it was time to move, roger smiled and stood up. "Something we can finally agree on." He put the gun strap over his shoulder and swapped out the clip for a new one and then headed for the door. "Everybody ready?"

Jason hung his head in shame. To think that since he tried to be reasonable after so long, Roger becomes somewhat ignorant of what he said. Regardless, he just sighs and rubs his head that is somewhat dripping from sweat. When Roger asked if everybody was ready, he said. "Hold on for a second." He takes out his pistols, takes specific ammo that goes to each pistol, spins the pistols, first his Five-Seven, and quickly inserts the the magazine. He does the same with his P99 pistol and reinserts them into their respective holsters. "Oh, if anyone needs a pistol if they run out of ammo, you'll get in a snap." He then attempts to take out his crossbow, but changes his mind. [i]No, not yet.[/i] he thought. [i]When the situation calls for it, I'll use just one. I got a feeling that if I waste my arrows now, I'm screwed. Pray that there is some place where there could be extra arrows[/i][i]. If not, then I'll just use them all when we're near the end of this story.[/i] He then sighs. "I'm ready. How about the rest of you guys?"

As Roger watched Jason check his guns he decided it would be a good idea to do the same. He doubble checked to make sure that both of his guns had full ammo andthat the safety was turned off; the last thing he needed was to try and shoot a zombie and not be able to shoot because of the safety being on. It only took a few seconds to check, because he almost always cept the guns with full ammo, so he finished quickly. "We should hurry. Lukas is only giving us 10 minutes to get to that building. and it'll take about six or seven just to get there; assuming we don't run in to trouble."

Emily sighed in relief. She didn't really want to have to try and mediate a fight. It really wasn't good for her to be surrounded my clashing testosterone. [color=#4b0082]"Good luck Lucas." [/color]She said seeing him leave to start the plan. Jason and Roger began getting ready to go out as to not waste Lucas' efforts. Emily checked the guns she had on her to make sure she enough ammo in them. After she did she stood up, making sure to grab her medical bag, and nodded at the other two.[color=#4b0082] "A-alright. I'm ready."[/color] [i]'I really don't want to go back out there.' [/i]Emily thought looking off to the side, and grabbing her hand to keep it from trembling. "Lets hurry up and go."

At the corner of his eye, Jason noticed Emily keeping her hand from trembling. Something inside him gave two conflicting choices: 1. Ignore what's going and begin moving and make sure the plan goes well, or 2. Help her out to make sure nothing goes wrong with her when we get down there. And then a third choice came into his head. 3. Help her out while heading for their destination to make sure she can be able to handle herself out there. He made the third choice, but he put his hand on her shoulder and said, "You'll be alright." He then gave her a friendly smile, something he hasn't given anybody in a while. He then looked at everybody else. "Are we ready to go now? We're losing precious time. We're probably going to have to run in order to make it in time."

Roger turned the nob on the door, threw it open, and started down the stairs through the building. When he stepped out on to the street he did a quick scan of the area to make sure the plan had worked. The only zombie he saw was a crawler, about half a block away; He gave a warning to the others, despite the fact that it was very unlikely to ever catch up to them, and headed in the other direction towards the target building. He made sure to stay close to the middle of the street, to avoid a zombie grabbing him front behind a wall.

Jason began to follow Roger, his hands on his pistols still in their holster just in case something came up from his side at the last second. He also made sure that Emily was close by her, since he now had this strange feeling that he needed to protect her. Either way, he still pressed on, staying at a decent distance from Roger in order to make sure he didn't get lost. Plus, he needed to know what was ahead. When he heard the warning, Jason nodded. Turning around, he looked at the others, wondering if they were even following them to begin with. He had hoped they were listening and followed them down the trail. If not, then he can wait.

Other than the one crawler, Roger didn't see any other zombies on the street. As they moved he noticed there time was running short, so he picked up the pace. When he got to the building he made a mistake that he never would have normally made, and almost cost him his life; He opened the door without listening for anything on the other side first. When he opened the door he quickly stepped in, and almost ran face first in to a walker. "Son of a....." He took a step back and tripped, falling on his backside. As the Zombie moved towards him, roger struggled to remove the knife from his waist, but he was in such a panic that he was having trouble unhooking the button. Roger raised up his arm as the zombie tried to bite, the leather protecting him from being bit, but it was still crushing his arm, and the leather would only hold up for so long before tearing.

Aryk heared someone open the door and rushed over. He saw Roger struggling with a zombie. He takes his boomerang out of his holster and throws it into the zombie's head. As soon as the zombie fell, Aryk rushed to his trusty boomerang and takes it out of the zombies head. "Ya alright, mate?" He asked as he held out his hand to help Roger up. "What's ya name? Mine's Aryk." Aryk looked around and saw the others and smiled because knowing that there were others out there was the best feeling in the world.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Roger pushed the dead zombie off of him and took Aryk's hand to get off the ground. "Thanks for the help." He held his left arm to his chest to cradle it. He hadn't been infected, and his arm hadn't been broken, but the zombies jaw power had still done a number on his arm. He rushed everybody inside and closed the door before going through the introductions. He tried his best to avoid looking at Jason; Roger knew he would have something to say about this little screw up. "So can I assume you have already cleared out most of the Infected?"

Archived