World War Z-(wwz) The zombie Apocalypse (accepting/started) Pg 13

Esplin 9466 Primary

"Ya got that right, mate." Aryk answered Roger's question. "Well all except for this one; must've snuck past me." He walked over to a cabinet and took some canned fruit out. "You guys are welcome to some food I scavenged from a local market I spotted on my way to this place." He sat down on a chair and grabbed a rag to wipe the blood off of his boomerang. He noticed Roger's arm and opened a medical supply cabinet next to his chair and pulled out guass wraps. "This is all I have mate, but there is a hospital somewhere down the way. I reckon we could put that arm in a cast." Aryk turned to the others. "If I may ask, what are your names?"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger took the canned fruit and eyed it; he turned down the gauze wrap, saying he didn't need it. He wouldn't be using the arm for any heavy lifting for a while, but other than that, he felt fine. "Sorry. I'm just a little skeptical about somebody so willing to help a group of strangers, even more so with those things out there." He nodded his head to the door to indicate the zombies. He had been in a similar situation, back before he met the others, where a man saved him from the zombies, only to try and rob him in his sleep. He grabbed his smaller survival knife, this was was not used for fighting so there was so worry about infection, and he opened the can. He picked a piece out, ate it and-after confirming that it was safe to eat, passed the can to Jason. "I'm Roger. This is Jason, Emily, and Ryan."

Emily nodded at Jason, feeling a bit better. She still would rather not have to go back out there, but she knew that she didn't have a choice. Emily brought up the rear, doctor bag in one hand and her gun in the other. Since she brought up the rear she checked behind them to make sure that there weren't any surprise zombies that tried to get them. Sadly one managed to get the jump on Roger, giving Emily a down right scare. She didn't want to see another one of her friends get eaten by a zombie. Thankfully they received some help from another survivor. He took them into the place he was hiding out for the time being. Roger handled the introductions, which Emily nodded. [color=#4b0082]"It's nice to meet you. Um...We shouldn't linger here too long. Lucas is still creating a diversion."[/color]

Aryk responds to what Roger says about not trusting strangers. "I don't blame ya mate! Times like these can bring out the crazy in ya!" After hearing their names, Aryk replies warmly. "Nice to meet ya'll!" He hears what Emily says and replies. "Oh, I wouldn't want to keep ya from doin' whatever you're doin', but you think I could tag along; bein' alone for a week really makes you lonely?" Aryk walks over to his weapons. "I think I could be much use to ya; I'm a pistol and rifle expert marksman and I've hunted almost all my life, so I have a lot of experience on the matter." As he waits for an answer, Aryk picks up his knife and starts sharpening it.

When Jason saw Roger suddenly attacked by a Walker, he was surprised, but didn't hesitate to take out his P99. However, time got the best of him when a new ally came from nowhere and took out the Walker with what seemed to be a boomerang with a fairly sharp point at the end of one side. Putting the gun back into his holster, he walked over into the shack. When Aryk introduced himself, and Roger introduced him, he replied, "I can introduce myself, thank you." Then seeing Roger give the A-OK on the fruit can given to him, he took a peach and ate it. He then took a deep breath. He then heard about Aryk being a guns expert. "Is that so? Well, maybe you can help hook us all up with some extra weapons, unless you're limited. I myself am an expert of firearms, minus anything related to rocket launchers."'

Jason then rubbed his head and gave the can to Emily. "If you can tell, then yes, I was part of the military. One of the best, ranking up faster than anyone else, breaking so many records that it seemed I would be the best out of everybody. Plus, my leadership skills with the team I had was far better than I expected. They survived everything thrown at them, and I almost got the Medal of Honor for it. If I had just completed one more mission, I would have been imprinted into the history books." He then sighed. "I'd say more, but I don't think that's important, especially since what I went through when all of this happened is very personal. Sorry." He then looked at Emily. [i]You'll be alright. I won't let anything happen to you[/i]. he thought. He still wondered about why he was feeling like this, but he didn't fight it. He just let things move forward and see exactly how well things will go well with what he has now chosen.

Roger almost laughed as Jason introduced himself. "You really seem proud of that metal of honor. Too bad it won't help fight off the zombies." He ate the last of the fruit on his knife and swallowed it. "You know, before the war, I never ate canned food. Now it's all I DO eat. Funny." He put his knife back on his leg, when he stood up his face was serious again, and he looked at Aryk. "My survival instincts tell me it would be safer to take all of your food and leave you here for the walkers. Lucky for you I still have some humanity left in me from before the world went to hell." He held out his hand to Aryk "And Judging by the way Jason is talking, I think you would be a welcome member or out group."

ooc: Ya I did get Jason and Roger mixed up, fixed it though

Aryk listens to Jason talk about the Medal of Honor and then replies. "Very impressive mate! You sound like a pain in the ass for the walkers." Aryk smiled and then listened to Roger welcome him in their group. "Much appreciated mate, now I think we better move if you're going to help your friend." Aryk grabbed all of his equipment and turned to Jason. "I used to have a large pistol and rifle collection, but I left what I couldn't carry at my house when the walkers hit. If we do happen to stumble upon my house I'd be happy to give you one or two of my rifles."

OoC: I think you gut Roger and Jason confused, cross. Not your fault.

Jason chuckled at Aryk's suggestion. "I appreciate it." he said. Turning back to Roger, he was a little bit shocked. "That's what your survival instincts tell you? More like inhumane instincts to me. Regardless, I'm kinda glad you still have some selflessness in you to let him join us." He then remember something. He completely forgot the reason why he and the rest of the guys were able to make it to the safehouse. "Um, guys..." After some realization, he got what he wanted to say in his head now. "What is taking so long for Lukas to come back? You think he probably didn't make it? Maybe he's taking longer than we thought he would. Hopefully enough he's alright."

Roger checked his watch to see that Jason was right, Lukas had been gone for way more than ten minutes. "Lets get the supplies ready to leave and we'll wait a little longer for him. If he doesn't show up soon then we're gonna have to split up. I can go look for Lukas; the rest of you get out of the city and wait for us." He started grabbing cans of food and putting them, in carrying bags. "Aryk, If there's anything ells in the other rooms, show Jason where they're at. We also need to stock up on medical supplies for Emily, just to be safe."

Aryk walked over to a safe and started turning the nob to unlock it. He pulls a bag out of the safe and hands it to Roger. "Here are two flares. Only use these when you're in a safe distance from the walkers to signal to Lukas." Aryk looked over to a locked door. "That door has been locked ever since I got here; I think it's about time I open it, what do ya say mate?" He walks over to the door and kicks it open. He peers in the room and whistles. "I found some nice artillery!" He walks in and carries two Assault Rifles out. "Looks like someone was preparing for the worst." Aryk looks at Roger, Jason, Emily, and Ryan and puts a clip in one of the M16s. "Time to kick some undead ass!"

Jason was shocked, but also impressed. He never thought there actually would be extra weapons. But then he realized something. "Ah, ah, ah!" He then walked over to Aryk. "If there's two of those, then you only need one. But it's up to you. I haven't used Assault Rifles since my last mission. And frankly, I can do some serious damage to those things if I can get ahold of one of those things." He then walked around Aryk and looked a bit carefully through the opening Aryk made, and then, "Aha! I knew it!" He then grabbed 4 items that looked to be lenses. They actually were Red Dot and Holographic Sights, 2 of each, that can be attached to any rifle or machine gun. "If we had a couple ACOG and Thermal Scopes, we would be able to take those things out a lot easier." He then looked at Aryk. "Care to attach them for me?"

OoC: I know this isn't Call of Duty, but I just had to do this once. It won't be for another while that we find any other attachments, at least not by accident.

(I was actually trying to get 'the cross' the change his post. finding a random stash of weapons kinds screws up the RP, especially this early in the RP.)

"This is nice." Roget picks one of the guns out of the bag and tests to make sure the weight is right. "Let's hope these things work. The last thing we need is to have broken guns when we're attacked by a hoard. He glanced out an opening in the window and noticed a few zombies roaming in front of the building. "s***. The Zombies are back. We have to hurry before we're surrounded." He handed everybody a gun, put all of the bullets in his back pack, and left the rest in the bag. "We cant carry them all, they'll just slow us down. There are two walkers outside that I could see. Jason, i need you to take one out with your crossbow; Aryk, take the other out with your boomerang. Remember, if there are any more then we need to try to kill them quietly if possible."

Grabbing an M16 and attaching a Red Dot Sight to it, Jason prepares to lock and load. And that's when Roger informs them of the Walkers coming towards them. Realizing that Roger wasn't being entirely aware of his surroundings, Jason looked through the rest of the windows, noticing small groups of Walkers in the other directions. "Too late for that, cause we're already beginning to be surrounded by hostiles." Putting in a clip into his M16, Jason said, "Doing this quietly won't do unless someone has something that could block our scent from those things." He then sighs. "Guess Lukas didn't make it. Poor kid. Didn't even get a chance to live like a man." Regaining focus, Jason holds the M16 by his hip. "I guess we'll have to fight our way out now. Unless, you have a better idea, Roger? Cause I can't seem to find any other options."

"For once, I think your right." Roger didn't bother asking if anybody was ready when he threw open the door, this time stepping back just encase one was right outside, and he started shooting. Each time he fired a bullet, a zombie fell to the ground, he didn't miss a single shot. "Get out of the city. I'm going to find Lukas. I won't admit he's dead until I see it for myself. Jason, if im not back in 12 hours, leave without me." With that he started runing in the direction that Lukas had driven the car, shooting any Zombie that got in his way. He tossed his pack full of food to Aryk. "You're gonna need it more than me."

"Now that's how you do it!" As Walkers had begun to enter the house, Jason aimed at them with his M16 very carefully. "Taste lead you filthy flesh addicts!!" He then began to fire continuously at the heads of the Walkers. He kept shooting until the pathway was clear. "The path is clear! Everybody, move it and shoot any that get in your way!" And for once, Jason felt like a leader again, leading a team of individuals to their destinations. However, unlike his original team, his new team will need as much help as they can if they are to survive in the same way he is right now.As he ran through the door, there was one Walker to his right. Very quickly and sharply, he took out his P99 and blew its head the minute he was about to cross it. He felt like how it was back then: fighting in a war that would be unsure of a victor, but that might change in the time to come.

Aryk caught the bag of food. "Roger, you aren't goin' to be able to survive out there if you get trapped by a horde, mate; someone needs to come with you!" A Walker scratched at Aryk, but he side-stepped and cut of its arm with his boomerang. "No fun time for you anymore." Aryk shoved his boomerang up the Walker's jaw and took its head clean off. "Ah, that's just nasty, mate!" A Walker got close to Aryk, but Aryk leveled it with the butt of his M16 then pulled the trigger to finish it. The M16 doesn't fire. He pulled the trigger a few more times. "Ah, my rifle won't work mates!" The Walker scratched at Aryk's leg, but he jumped back and tripped over the bag of food and landed on one of the rifles that were on the floor. "Can't move...watch out...Walkers!" Aryk closed his eyes and layed there lifeless.

Noticing Aryk being pummeled at the corner of his eye, Jason quickly ran back and began to knock back as many Walkers as he could to clear the way. When he could get to Aryk, he shot a few bullets at some Walkers in front of him and began to shake him in order to wake him up. "Come on, man! Get up! We gotta get out of here!" He then decided to carry him all the way to their destination. He made sure his other hand carried his P99 since he put the M16 away. It was a struggle, but he was able to keep moving and shoot as many as possible. Eventually they got to cover, a somewhat far distance from the Walkers. He put Aryk down. He then heard the Walkers. "Emily! Help Aryk! I'll give you cover!" He then takes out his M16 and starts shooting the Walkers down one by one.

OoC: This was not intended to be Power-Playing if it's seen like that.

After making it through the main crowed of zombies, Roger took off down the street, not hearing Aryk's protest or seeing what was happening. He trusted Jason to get everybody out of the city safely. He didn't have that much of a hard time knowing which way to go, there where fresh skid marks all over the street that he could assume came from the car Lukas was driving. He also saw a few walkers that had been run down by a vehicle which only added to the trail. When he turned a corner he saw the car which had been crashed in to a pole, Lukas was nowhere to be seen.

A walker crept up behind Jason and almost got in scratching distance, but a bullet flew smoothly through the walkers head. "Hey mate, where's Roger?" Aryk slowly gets up, but stumbles when he gets on his right foot. "Ahh, I think I broke my right ankle!" Aryk puts his right knee on the ground and pulls out his M1 Grand. "I only have 10 shots mate." He pulls the trigger and a bullet ricochets off of one walkers skull and hits another one in between the eyes. "Guess I better make them count." He shakes his head trying to get his vision straight. Everytime he shoots, he just gets more dizzy.

Jason was so focused on the enemies in front of him, he forgot about being aware of his surroundings. He was lucky for Aryk to wake up in time. "Phew, thanks." he said in relief. He was also in relief to see him still alive. "Roger went to find another teammate of ours. He said if he wasn't back in 12 hours then we'd have to leave without him. 12 hours seem like too much, but I get why he would say that long." He then saw Aryk stumble. "Hey, take it easy, man! If you got a broken ankle, you'll need to stay where you are for now." He then saw Aryk take a clean ricochet shot onto two Walkers. "Nice shot!" When Jason heard how many shots Aryk had, He took out his P99 and some magazines from his bag. "Here. When I need to reload, cover me. We're going to be here for a while. When they're all gone, We try and find a way out of this city without any of those things following us. Everybody understand?" Not even realizing that some walkers got closer to them, he quickly reacted by shooting as many of them as possible, not wasting any bullet that was shot out.

(Sry it took so long. I had to give 'Mohican' time to make a post before I did this.)

After searching the car, and finding nothing, Roger walked around the streets. He found it odd that there where no walkers on the streets, then he heard a gun shot. He ran in to an alleyway, where the shot came from. In the alleyway was a hoard of walkers, standing shoulder to shoulder. When he looked he saw Lucas on large truck, cutting down any zombies that came withing reach. He wanted to help, but he didn't have enough bullets to take down even half of the zombies. There was only one thing he could think to do, and he didn't like it. He reached to his belt, which had 5 bullets one for each member of the group, and removed one with Lukas carved in to the shell. He put the bullet in to his Rifle and took aim. It was then that Lukas saw him, he stopped attacking the walkers, smiled and waved. When Roger saw the hand, his decision became much easier, Lukas' hand was bleeding from what was an unmistakable bite wound. Nobody could save him.
After Roger puled the trigger, Lukas fell in to the crowd of walkers, he was dead.

Emily watched as everyone chose a weapon from the artillery that Aryk apparently had. Emily pretty much stayed back. She didn't know much about guns, or which ones were the best for this kind of situation. Not only that, but if she got a gun she couldn't even aim she was done for. So she decided to stick with her pistol. She did, however, stock up on some of the bullets for her gun. She put the extra's in a side pocket on her bag, and waited for the others to start moving. Emily was really starting to worry about Lucas, and hoped he was doing ok out there alone. She knew it was a bad idea for them to be separated. She snapped out of it seeing that everyone was starting to make a move for it, and she followed alone, taking out her pistol. Almost right after they left the building they had to shoot walkers. They needed to get back out of the city, but not before finding Lucas, which is what Roger ran off to go do leaving the three of them alone for now.

Emily shot at the zombies, making sure not to use any more bullets than she had too and always keeping a count of how many rounds she had left. It was a good thing that they met Aryk, otherwise she wouldn't have had the extra ammo. She then heard Jason yell at her to watch over Aryk, and she looked over to see him knocked out. [color=#800080]"Damnit..."[/color] She cursed and was about to run over, but ore zombies got in her way. [color=#800080]"You guys just don't know when to quit."[/color] Again she tried to go over but it seemed that more zombies kept appearing. From the corner of her eyes she saw Aryk stand back up but he didn't look right. He was swaying slightly she meant he could be dizzy or still out of it. Emily quickly dispatched the remaining zombies around her and made her way over to him before any more zombies could get in her way. She placed a hand on his shoulder, [color=#800080]"Hey, Aryk don't over work yourself. I got your back from here, kay."[/color] She smiled right before shooting another zombie about to come up behind them. Jason then yelled that they would be making a get away since everyone seemed to be running low on ammo, and to watch his back as he made a way out for them. [color=#800080]"What about Roger, and Lucas?"[/color]

Aryk pulls himself up onto a rock just high enough that he can sit down and shoot on. "I don't care if I have a broken ankle, I'll fight until I collapse!" He checks his bow for cracks or splits. "Good as new." He puts an arrow on the string and gets ready to send it into a zombie's head but then he heard a gun shot from a good distance. The gunshot wouldn't have bothered him but he knew the shot was Roger's. The walker limped towards Aryk, but all he can do is think about his life right before the war...

The day was bright and Aryk was at his nephew's birthday party. His sister walks towards him, sitting alone, and sits next to him. "Is there something wrong, Aryk?" Aryk looked up. "No, just remembering when I was that age." His sister smiled and said. "Come on, we're about to cut the cake." He smiled and looked up into her blue eyes as she stood up. "Be there in a second." His sister walked away. Aryk pulled out a picture of his wife that died 2 years ago and then he stood up and jogged toward the crowd.

Aryk heard the walker behind him and grasped his boomerang. The walker grabbed him and then forced the boomerang right in between the walker's eyes. He looked down at his pocket and took out the picture of his wife. "I miss you." Aryk kissed the picture and puts it back in his pocket.

Roger checked how much ammo he had left, he had 5 bullets left in his Rifle and he had no spare clips. He had to Hand guns, with mostly full clips, and 4 spares. He didn't want to waist any ammo, so he left, and headed out of the city, he was hopeful that the others would be there waiting for him. He was able to go a few blocks before seeing any walkers, most of them had been in the alleyway chasing Lukas. At first he had little trouble getting past the walkers, easily killing them with his machete, but he soon found it harder to go unnoticed and had to run in to a shop to rest.

Jason took out the last Walker and went towards Aryk. He looked at Emily as he began to lift up Aryk. "Roger said if he wasn't back in 12 hours, oddly enough, then we leave without him. He went to get Lukas, but I'm not sure of what happened. Hope nothing horrible happened." he said to Emily as he began to move Aryk. "Okay, the area is clear. Do whatever you can to make sure we get out of here safely. I don't want to have to kill any of you if you get bitten." He then began to start moving, taking a few turns here and there. He noticed a Walker come up from his side after walking out of an alley and quickly reacted by blowing his head off with his Five-Seven. He looked both ways, and noticed an exit out of the city to the right. "Okay, keep moving. Who knows how many of those things are left?" He then began to carry Aryk towards the exit.

But things had turned for the worst. As soon as they were about 20 feet from the exit, he noticed Walkers in front of him. He then heard them from all sides. They were surrounded by what seems to be the remainder of the Walkers. Jason then put a new clip into his M16 and threw it to Emily. He placed Aryk next to her to make sure he's alright. He then reloaded both pistols and dual wielded them. He then chuckled. "I feel like Dante." he said to himself. He then squinted his eyes and prepared to think of where the Walkers are at the closest. From behind him, he noticed one come up extremely close. Just as it was going to scratch him, he shot it's brains out with the P99 in his right hand. "OPEN FIRE!!" he yelled as he began to shoot rapidly towards the Walkers in front of him, reloading when he can, not missing one headshot.

Archived