MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

Tinker realized who he was. He was that one pony that the nurses took in. He was a wild pony that preferred living in the Everfree forest. Tinker could only think of one other pony who lived in the woods, except she wasn't a pony but a old mare. She died already, but as a young fillie Tinker met her. She was a witch doctor, who crafted potions from Everfree. She was apparently also a martial artist, and spiritualist. This pony just seemed wild and confused.

"Hi there, my name it Tinker. It isn't safe here, you should follow us and help."

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sonic Burst looked at the white mare, his eyebrow raised.

"You want us to tell you about Lord Shadow Wing? You must be crazy..." he said, turning away, ready to fly.

"Wait!" Sniffy exclaimed. She gulped, and looked at the white mare. "I...I can't tell you who he is, because none of us really know...we just know he's over one hundred years old. But..." she said, before sniffing. "That army...I can at least tell you it's not meant to be used against the citizens of Equestria..."

After she was done, she looked away. "I've probably said too much already...we should go, Sonic..."

Sonic Burst sighed. "Of course. When I ask, you tell me no, when SHE asks, you tell her vague details."

"She just saved our lives, be grateful," Sniffy said, with a sneeze at the end.

"I've saved your l- you know what? never mind. Let's get going, we need to tell Lord Shadow Wing what happened here in Ponyville"

He grabbed Sniffy, and flew away. Sniffy smiled slightly and waved at the white mare.

No one besides me and Snowfire can ever know... Sniffy thought. [i] Lord Shadow Wing entrusted this knowlewdge to us, and us alone...we can't let anyone know about 'that creature'...[/i]

Storm sighed. "I missed a lot, it seems...well, we can't exactly stay out here in this rain, you'll get wet...ewll, wetter then we already are. Should we go inside someplace, or do you want to find someone else, who can clarify why what happened happened?"

[i]Please say just go inside some place...otherwise it'll be such trouble...to go looking for people in this rain...[/i] Storm thought, his laziness showing itself in his thoughts

Wulf could not explain it, but he felt safe near these ponies. Some part of his mind told him that they were ok. He coughed.

"M-my name? My name is Wulf. I'm not sure whats going on, and I wound up here chasing somepony I had never seen before."

He got up and got some more water. After he had had his fill, he sat back down.

"Tinker, you said?"

His head was still throbbing. He was surprised the nurses hadn't come looking for him.

"You said I could help...but how?"

He was still confused. He knew nopony past his usual nurses. And why would anypony want his help? It's not like he'd be much help, anyway. His wings are broken, Everything was sore, his head was throbbing. All these new questions and everything that was going on. He hoped these ponies could tell him something...

Honeypot nodded in response, "Yeah, inside, that sounds like a good idea" Honeypot agreed, then looked around and pointed to a dark building not to far, looking in the windows, it looked like there wasn't anyone inside, "How about there?" she suggested, "It seems fine, least I'd hope it is" she added.

Snowfire noticed something appear on the horizon. A tiny little dot, that grew in size, and took form, at first it just seemed to be another Pegasus, then a Pegasus carrying another pony, and finally, to Snowfire's surprise and slight horror, he could make it out as Sonic carrying Sniffy, which almost caused him to fall off his cloud. He instantly flew towards them, passed them, then made a U-turn to fly along side them. Snowfire looked down at Sniffy, "Sniffy, what happened? Why is Sonic carrying you? Are you alright?" he asked, each question in rapid succession, then turned up to Sonic, "You explain as well" he ordered.

"Ooh, what's this?" Sonic asked smugly. "Little Snowfire's out of the loop? How interestin-"

"Ponyville was attacked," Sniffy said.

"...killjoy," Sonic muttered.

Sniffy continued, ignoring him. "More specifically...they attacked me...but the whole town has pretty much evacuated by now. They were some assassins...I'm okay though, Sonic and this white mare saved me"

Storm did a silent hoof pump of victory after being told they were going to do something he could do very well- stay inside a place without going on dangeroud adventures. I mean..what were the odds of those happening, anyway?

"That sounds more than delightful. Come on," he said, trotting to the building.

Normally, Snowfire would've gotten angry, or at least thrown a remark back at Sonic Burst for that first part, but Sniffy's explanation made him forget about that. Snowfire let out a relieved sigh, "Well at least you're alright. You're one of the only guys I can actually stand" he said, "All offense intended, Sonic" he added quietly, "But someone sending assassins after you... we should probably tell Lord Shadow Wing," Snowfire suggested, "This seems like something he'd want to know"

[i]'Well that made him happy' [/i]Honeypot noted to herself, as Storm trotted towards the building she pointed out. She quickly joined him, and they soon arrived at the building, which Honeypot opened the door to. She scanned the area, "Yup, it's certainly empty. We could probably take refuge here for a while, I'm sure nopony would mind"

Blazer sat next to Wulf as he was talking. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Wulf. My name is Blazer." she said to Wulf. "The 3 of us are all going to help keep Equestria a free nation for all ponies!" Blazer exclaimed passionately. Blazer stood up on all four hooves, and looked over at Wonder, and the pony named Tinker. She then turned back to Wulf and said "It would be delightful if you'd join us, Wulf. We could perhaps take you to see a doctor, and then head out on this adventure together." Blazer turned back to Wonder. "Does it sound like a good idea to you, Wonder?" Blazer asked.

Sniffy nodded, before Sonic could pick any sort of fight with Snowfire. "We should tell Lord Shadow Wing as fast as possible. Who knows, they might try to target us next next, an-"

Before Sniffy could finish, she sneezed strongly, causing Sonic to lose his grip on her. She began falling. It was a long way down.

Storm chuckled a bit, as he walked inside the dark building. "You know...I'm actually relieved I met someone like you. I was afraid the first pony I met would...I don't know, force me to help them find out why this happened and all that."

He scratched the back of his mane.

"I'm...not really very built for that kinda stuff, if you know what I mean," he added, with a grin.

Snowfire was at first surprised by Sniffy suddenly falling from Sonic's grip, and let out a little cry of surprise, but quickly got to his senses, and flew fast as he could after her, [i]'You clumsy idiot, Sonic!' [/i]he thought angrily as he continued his increasingly fast decent, and when he was just about in range, reached out his forelegs, and attempted to grab around Sniffy and catch her.

Honeypot laughed at that, "Yeah, I think I understand. But no, I think right now the best thing to do would be to is just try and stay calm, y'know? I figure somebody else will be able to figure all this stuff out. Not our place to do that" She explained, "And yeah, I don't think I'm built for it either. I'm a tea brewer, not a detective, or an adventurer" she added.

Wonder Brush looked at Blazer as she gave a, rather over the top, he thought, explanation of what it was they were doing. "Well, erm, yes," Wonder said, "I'm still not sure how we're going to do that. We haven't had that explained yet" Wonder noted, "But I don't see any harm in him coming along with us"

"Wait...Did you say keeping Equestria free?"

This was confusing him even more. What did she mean by that? A free Equestria. These words stayed with him.

"I mean, sure the pony I was chasing made some new rules, but does it really matter? Or at least I don't care...This is the first time I have been outside the hospital since I've come here, You three are the only other ponies I know...other than the nurses, and, as far as I'm concerned, I have no relatives."

He got up and got some more water. He was thirsty. It was then his mind focused on his surroundings.

"Sure, I'll go with you, if you'll have me. And...How long has it been raining?"

"I know just what you mean," Storm said, smiling.

He walked over to the window staring out at the pouring rain.

"Jeez, I wonder when this rain will calm down..." he muttered.

Sniffy saw Snowfire dashing for her, and managed to grab hold of him before falling any further then she already had. After a few seconds, she let out a long sigh of relief.

"That was...scary. But I suppose I should try and sneeze when I'm on safe ground," she added with a slight giggle.

"Damn right, you should..." Sonic Burst said, somewhat relieved.

"Now, lets get back to Lord Shadow Wing. Think you can keep up while carrying Sniffy?" he added, smirking, before dashing to the castle.

"I.... I need to..." Starlight collapsed on the ground. After realsing all of that energy, he wasn't able to walk.

"I really need to practice... that more..." He looked at all of the dead guards and assassins... the ones he killed.

"Oh bother..." He then looked up to the retreating captains.

"Hope fully... that mare was worth saving..." He smiled a bit.

"Star...Boy... I can get used to that." He took that as her silent challange. He was going to protect the magical items, and then use them to stop Shadow Wing.

Tinker led the three pony party to where the ambush was planned, and then she followed the track that Starlight left behind. When they ran up to the place where Starlight layed, she saw him laying on the grond breathing heaily, surrounded by the dead.

"Oh god..." She ran up to Starlight.

[color=#DAA520]"WHAT HAPPENED STARLIGHT!?!"[/color]

[color=#0000CD]"I'm okay... right now you need to grab as much gear as you can... the know all of the stash locations now, and as we speak they are destroying our bases. Everypony is retreating... and we have a new task. When I regain my energy... I will meet back with you at the outside of town... bring your new friends... were leaving if they care to join us..."\[/color]

Starlight rested in the puddle waiting to hear from these new ponies[color=#0000CD].[/color]

[color=#0000CD]"Will you help us... I can explain more later... when I have more breath."[/color]

Snowfire scowled at Sonic as he dashed off, [i]'Well I didn't see YOU catching her' [/i]he thought bitterly, "I totally could keep up," he muttered under his breath, "But I don't think I should fly at full speed with a passenger" he decided. He did, however, pick up enough speed to keep a reasonable tail on Sonic, then landed, and let Sniffy down, when he reached the Court Yard of the castle, then entered. "Something I want to know" Snowfire thought aloud, "Is why anyone would target you. Do others really hate Lord Shadow Wing that much?"

Honeypot walked next to Storm and looked out with him, "It is raining pretty bad," she agreed, "Hopefully it'll clear up soon though. It's kinda dark in here," she noted.

Wonder Brush gasped when he followed Tinker to, what he assumed was, her friend, Starlight, and saw a bunch of presumably dead ponies nearby, "My goodness!" he exclaimed worriedly, then listened to what Starlight had to say. "I think I-I'll help" Wonder Brush replied, "But I really need to know what's going on" he added.

Wulf hesitantly followed Tinker. Better to go with others than to go alone, he supposed. When he saw where Tinker had run to, he stopped. He assumed this must be Tinker's friend in the middle. He quickly deciphered the dead ones and the living...pointless as Tinker's friend was the only living one. He slowly walked up to the living pony. He moved Tinker aside.

"Step back, please." He said. "What is your name, and where does it hurt?"

He figured that the pony on the floor was an ally.

"I...don't know. I think they do. At least, a vast majority of them do..." Sniffy said. "I mean...I know it might be a little hard for them to accept...but this is necessary."

She sighed. "It's a shame we can't even tell Dawn about...it...Orochi..."

Storm chuckled. "It IS quit dark. What's the matter, afraid of the dark? Well...I wish I could help with that, but sadly, I can only create tornadoes."

Sonic sighed. [i]Those bastards...I wonder why they attacked Sniffy...why would they try something like that? They know the entire force of Shadow Wing would try to crush them...[/i]

Honeypot stepped back at the accusation, "Excuse me?!" she demanded, "I am so NOT afraid of the dark!" she asserted, stamping a hoof down to emphasize it, then, after just a moment she turned her head away, and added quietly "Well, not entirely, anyway". Slightly embarrassed, she turned away for a moment, then spun back around, "Oh you be quiet!" she said, before he had even said anything.

Snowfire nodded, "I guess you're right. I've just never been able to look at Shadow Wing in a bad way, I guess. He's kinda almost like..." Snowfire began, searching for the word he wanted "I dunno what you'd call him" he admitted. After a moment of silence, something occurred to him, "Ah, should we get Dawn and Minty too? This might interest them just as much as it would interest Lord Shadow Wing,"

Storm scratched his head, smiling a bit. "Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I was just jokin. But...you ARE kinda cute when you're embarrased, if I may say so."

He looked outside the window. "Oh hey, it seems the rain's lettin up a bit. In a few minutes, it'll probably have stopped."

[i]Almost like a father...[/i] Minty thought, looking at nowhere in particular.

"Um..yes, you're right," she said. "We should let them know as well. I'm sure they'll want to be in on it too."

Sonic saw their island in the distance. He smirked. "Finally, almost there."

He increased his speed a bit. "Alright, I'll report to Lord Shadow Wing. You guys go tell Dawn and Minty what happened!"

Starlight replied to Wulf.

"I am fine but thank you I just need a few moments."

Tinker gathered every ponies attention.

"Guys we need to get moving quickly, follow me to my workshop!" Tinker said, and started to run up to her garage. She saw smoke in the distance.

"CRAP!"

Starlight laied there, enjoying the quiet. It was quite odd, yet he was glad to be laying there. He just layed there and thought about his next few actions.

Scavenge the town for supplies, and move out towards there first stop for the most dangerous magical item in Filliedelphia. Hopefully they will get there before Shadow Wing unlocks it.

Honeypot looked away again, embarrassed by Storm's comment, "Y-you think so?" she asked. When he went on to talk about the weather clearing up, she tried to avert the previous conversation, and gave out a sigh of relief, "Well that's good, I still don't wanna spend too much time in this place" she admitted, [i]'It's actually kinda eerie' [/i]she thought to herself.

"Sounds like a plan" Snowfire decided, and when he arrived at the island as well, separated himself from Sniffy, "I'll go get Minty, you get Dawn, alright?" he proposed, and without waiting for an answer, dashed off to get her. When he reached her room, he opened the door right away, not bothering to knock. Mint Rush leaned up in her bed, an annoyed look on her face, "What do you want, Snowfire?" she demanded, "Sniffy has something very important to tell all of us. Trust me" he explained. She sighed in response, "At the very least, it might keep me from boredom" she decided under her breath, then hopped out of bed and began to follow Snowfire.

"Smoke?!" Wonder Brush exclaimed as he saw it, after Tinker noticed it, "That's a bad thing, isn't it?" he asked, though he knew the what the answer would be.

"Okay, if your sure."

Wulf followed Tinker. He hadn't noticed the smoke until Tinker pointed it out.

"Is that good or bad?"

He wasn't sure if he should be happy or worried about the smoke. He continued to follow Tinker.

"So, where exactly are we heading?"

He felt he should know if he was going to follow Tinker.

"And are you sure we should have left the poor thing behind?"

Storm nodded. "You're right, spending too much time here is a waste of time...besides, it's better to be somewhere more cheery and bright. The rain's basically stopped, we can go out and find any other pony who can explain what happened to us."

He walked over to the door and opened it with a smile. "Ladies first."

Sniffy nodded and headed toward Dawn's room. She knocked twice.

After a small pause, Dawn muttered: "Come in."

Sniffy opened the door, smiling a bit at the sight of her friend. "Hey Dawn, I've got some important news."

"Does it have to do with the new rules you had to read to Ponyville today?"

"I-...yes, yes it does. Let me guess, your 6th sense or whatever?"

"I prefer to call it sublime premonition. Regardless, if you are going to announce it to everyone simultaneously, then let us proceed to Lord Shadow Wing's room, shall we?"

Sniffy giggled a bit. "Ah, I missed seeing you, Dawn,"

Dawn raised an eyebrow. Without a word, she walked out of the room, and Sniffy followed. They reached a large black door with gold patterns, and knocked. The sound reverbrated through the halls.

"Who is it?" a quiet voice came from the inside.

"It is I, Sniffy, and Dawn's with me too. My Lord, we have something we wish to inform you about."

Honeypot smiled at Storm briefly before making her way back into the outside world, "Why thank you" she thanked him, then scanned the area, looking for somepony to ask about the situation. She gave out a hesitant, "Hmm..." as she looked around, "See anyone?" she asked Storm, as she started to look over by the outskirts of town, where she thought she could see something in the distance. It looked mostly white, and it was lying on the ground, but she wasn't sure if it was a pony or something else. Honeypot pointed to... it, "Hey, can you make out what that is?" she asked Storm.

Snowfire and Mint Rush also arrived at the door just after Sniffy and Dawn, "I, Snowfire, am here as well" he added in to Sniffy's answer, "And I've got Minty-" he began, before being interrupted, "Rush" Mint Rush said, in an irritated voice, "It's Captain Rush" she repeated, "Right, I've got 'Captain Rush' with me as well" he corrected himself,

Blazer smiled as Wonder agreed with her, and followed the group of ponies as they went off. The group came to a halt near a severely injured pony, lying among masses of dead ponies. "Oh.. my goodness..." she tried to force these few words out, as she looked upon the masses of the dead. All she could do was look on in shock and horror.

"Who or what could have caused this.. tragedy..?" Blazer said while shaking.

Blazer heard as Tinker shouted. She looked over to see smoke far in the distance. "Smoke? Are you kidding me?!" Blazer said in a slightly angry tone. Blazer let out a big sigh. [i]"What in the heavens above is happening to Ponyville?"[/i] she thought to herself.

Storm raised an eyebrow. He walked out of the house, and flew up into the sky a few feet. He looked, and there was, indeed, a white figure there. He could make out a sort of pony-like shape.

"Gosh....I suppose we have to find out who, or what, that is, right? Such trouble...but can't be avoided, come on," he said, with a sigh, and began flying toward the figure.

Sonic dashed into Shadow Wing's room, in time to find everyone was already there.

"Did I miss anything?" he asked.

"You have not," Shadow Wing said, from his throne. "So what is this you have to tell me, that is so urgent all captains are here?"

"Sir..." Sniffy said, not too sure how to begin. "I believe there is a certain group of ponies that is...out to harm our system. Today, I was attacked in Ponyville...and I'm sure that means that not only the other captains, but you as well, may be targeted..."

Honeypot nodded, and took air with Storm, then flew over to whatever it was that was over there. She landed when close by, and noticed it was certainly a pony, likely a Mare, but it didn't look like any pony she'd ever seen. This Pony had red markings all over her body, and deep, pitch black eyes. From what Honeypot could tell, she was conscious, but she probably wouldn't stay that way for long. Quickly Honeypot knelt down to look her in the eyes, "Woah, are you alright? What happened to you?" she asked in a concerned tone.

Snowfire nodded, "Before you concern yourself, sir" he began, "Sniffy said she made it out alright" he explained.

Mint Rush took a step back from Sniffy's explanation, "So wait, now there's ponies who are attacking us?" she asked rhetorically, [i]'You've got to be kidding' [/i]she thought angrily, [i]'Just who the hell would even try that?'[/i]

Archived