Days of the Unown [IC Thread]

Quiksilver

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/276790-days-of-the-unown-ooc-thread/"]OoC Thread[/url]

As they had for a thousand years, the watchers waited.

Their purpose was not known to the rest of the world. They had seen them like every other Pokemon, just another uncomplicated piece of nature. They had not seen the truth writ in the watchers' eyes. They had not seen the purpose that guided their path, that connected all of the watchers together in an unbreakable unity. They had not realized the sacred duty the master himself had laid upon them.

To the rest of the PokeWorld, they were mysterious, strange, unknown. Unown.

They had waited thousands of years, but now the time they had been preparing for was finally coming to be. They had seen the signs, they had read what was written in the nighttime stars. Fate was drawing to a close. And, as Arceus as commanded, they must be ready for it.

So, for the first time in a thousand years, the watchers did not watch, but instead acted.

The first move was to gather the humans needed for this task. That was easily accomplished; Arceus had told them how to identify the chosen. Under the cover of night, they were whisked away. Easily done.

But the next part; now they had to test the chosen. And that would be much harder indeed...but time was wasting. They could not tarry, they must act now. And so, the watchers drew close to the chosen and said two words; [i]wake up[/i].

Leon awoke with a gasp.

He sat up suddenly, hands rapping against something behind him that was most certainly not his bed. Eyes, brown flecked by gold, glanced around blindly. It was dark, so dark; he could not see a thing.

But his eyes began to acclimate and the room in which he found himself now came into focus. And as it did, one question came screaming to the forefront of his mind:

[i]Where am I?[/i]

The room he was in was made of stone, very small and most certainly ancient. The only light came from cracks in the ceiling, from which weak daylight poked its way into the room. Those shafts of light illuminated the archaic hieroglyphs to be found on each and every wall. They seemed to be letters, but Leon couldn't match them to anything he'd ever seen before, in a book or on Hamlin Island. And even more alarming - there seemed no way in or out of the room.

This was most certainly [i]not[/i] his bedroom...

Leon unsteadily got to his feet. The air was cold, making gooseflesh erupt on his arms and legs. That was another oddity; while he had went to bed in his pajamas, he now seemed to be clothed in his regular outfit, a blazer and cargo pants. It was certainly warmer than his nightclothes would have been, which was something Leon guessd he could be thankful for.

A dash of color at the corner of Leon's eye caught his attention. He turned, and saw that it was another person. A girl. She was asleep, but beginning to awake, just as he had a moment ago. He glanced around the room again, and he saw that it wasn't just another person, it was several. Maybe five or six prostrate forms lay collapsed around the room. Both boys and girls, and all about his age. All starting to wake up.

From their expression, it seemed they had no idea where they were either. Still, he had to try. In a low voice, Leon asked,

"Where are we?"

Hayate awoke, surrounded by a bulk of black. This wasn't unusual for him since he always slept in complete darkness. However, it was clear that something wasn't quite 'right'.

Firstly, he was sleeping on something rough, unforgivingly rubbing against his purple jacket which interlinked with the next mystery. He always slept in only his underwear, and yet, he arose in his favourite outfit, the same outfit in fact, that he'd planned to adventure in on his pokemon journey.[i] [color=#4b0082]"Am I dreaming?" [/color][/i]Hayate asked himself mentally, as he went on to find another irregularity. A small sniff made way for a musky, murky, earthy scent, a scent in which made it quite clear that he was in foreign territory.

It was at this point that he noticed a small amount of light coming in from above, and eventually could make out some rocky engraves upon the wall. Confused. [i]Bewildered[/i]. Utterly frightened. Were just a few emotions that frenzied Hayate's mind. [color=#4b0082]"Where Am I? Mother!?" [/color]It was this verbal comment that lead unto a new discovery as he simulaneously heard a whisper, a whisper enquiring the very same question. Unless his mind was playing tricks on him, it was clear that [i]he was not alone[/i].

[color=#4b0082]"W-Who...who are you!" [/color]Hayate spoke in a rasped gasp, taken aback by the whole situation and startled to say the least.

She’d seen this place before many times, more times than she could count, and yet it still terrified her. It wasn’t the endless blackness before her, nor the gnarled and twisted looming over her, branches twisting into clawed hands and trunks forming the very vaguest of faces, it wasn’t even the horrible sounds she could hear in the background, always there but out of sight. No, it was the fact that she was completely, utterly alone.

She knew it was useless to try and run, she’d done it many times before, and yet she ran anyway as fast as her tiny infant legs would carry her, away from the blackness and the noises hiding in the shadows. No matter how far or how fast she went, however, she could not out run them, the nightmare went on forever. There was no way out.

[i]Wake up![/i]

Aiya gave a small start, being pulled suddenly out of the nightmare she’d been having for nearly ten years now. She didn’t bother to open her eyes for fear that she was still dreaming, and the first thing she’d see was creatures in the dark forest looming over her. It took her a moment to calm down by which time she began to notice things, the first being that she was lying on something hard and uncomfortable and not her own bed, she assumed for a moment that she had simply rolled out of bed and onto the floor (it wouldn’t be the first time) but this was quickly shot down when she started exploring the surface with her hands, her fingertips meeting cold stone.

She quickly sat up once this revelation hit her, opening her eyes wide to try and see where she was. The room was gloomy but not pitch black and looked to be made of solid stone all the way around. She could just make out some markings etched into the walls from the little light she had but couldn’t even begin to decipher them. Looking around still she suddenly caught some movement in the gloom and barely managed to supress a cry of terror before she realized it was in fact another person, looking equally as confused as she was. Looking around she saw a few more people in the room with her, some still asleep, others stirring but all roughly the same age. Before too long a voice broke the silence.

“Where are we?”

Aiya wished she could’ve given him a satisfying answer, but right now his guess was as good as hers. However the second voice asked a much more answerable question.

"W-Who...who are you!"

Aiya bit her lip nervously, unsure of how exactly to respond. Her eyes were beginning to get used to the gloom now and she was able to see just to the other side of the room, only to confirm that the walls where all solid and there was no sign of any doors or windows, and no gaps large enough for her to fit through. Aiya was by no means claustrophobic but the very idea of being sealed in a stone tomb was still a terrifying prospect. She curled up into a ball where she sat, shivering slightly and giving off the odd whimper.

Tyron, a heavy sleeper, had been fast asleep until two different voices startled him, in effect waking him up. He was lying on his back when he opened his eyes, very confused as to what he was seeing. Except for some beams of light that escaped from cracks in the ceiling, the room he was in was dark.

[i]"What's going on here? For one, my ceiling doesn't have any cracks. Secondly, if it is morning, which those beams of light suggest, why is my room so dark? That's unless..."[/i]

Well it hadn't taken too long for Tyron to figure out that he wasn't in his own comfortable bed or cozy room, rather in a room made of hard, cold stone with probably no windows. He wasn't even in his nice pajamas, but instead he was wearing casual clothing. It took a little while for his eyes to adjust to the darkness, but when they did, Tyron could see the silhouettes of five or six other guys and girls. He was petrified at this point, from his own thoughts. He believed he had been kidnapped along with other kids for who knows what reason. This could be the end of him, before he could even begin his journey to become a pokemon master.

At that thought, he snapped out of his frozen state. There was no way that Tyron would allow someone to stop his journey, before it even started. He had to do something, but what? Well the first thing that came to his mind was the obvious choice, see if there was a trainer in the room who could use his or her pokemon to get some light inside.

"Is anyone in here a trainer? We could use a pokemon to light up the room. Then maybe we'll know where we are," Tyron said, praying for a positive response.

Masaki lay still on the cold stone floor, his mind blank and his thoughts a flat line. After a few moments, he rolled over so that his face was against the floor and slumbered on. The silence in the room made no move to disturb his rest and all was peaceful. Until...

[i]Wake up. W...ak...e.[/i]

Blearily, Masaki opened his eyes and lifted his head from the icy, unforgiving stone beneath. His hand, almost as if in a trance, moved out and brushed against the hard walls and floor and then back over his body, feeling the fabric of his favorite black shirt instead of the expected soft feeling of his pajamas. [i]Wait a second, I didn't go to bed in this! And I don't recall falling asleep in a dungeon or whatever, so...[/i]

Pushing himself upright, he looked around the room, squinting as his eyes slowly became accustomed to the gloom of the dark stony prison. From what he could see, there appeared to be about five to six others, most likely around his age. Like him, they seemed to have just woken up and looked somewhat panicked about their new surroundings. Or at least it seemed that way to him, for he wasn't at all sure about what they were really feeling.

Struggling to break free of his remaining lethargy, he reviewed what he knew so far. He'd gone to bed last night with the intention of beginning his journey this very morning. Somehow, instead of waking up to his comfortable home, he had wound up here in this dingy stone room with barely any light and was essentially trapped (at least for all he knew) with several other boys and girls his age.

Before long, a voice broke through the silence. “Where are we?” A good question, but one that none of them probably knew the answer to, Masaki thought bitterly. He looked around the room once more, searching for any spot that might be concealing some sort of secret exit. If there was one, it escaped his scrutiny, because the room looked absolutely inescapeable. Masaki wasn't a particularly pessimistic person, but there were no other conclusions that could be drawn from their situation. Just then, another voice spoke.

"Is anyone in here a trainer? We could use a pokemon to light up the room. Then maybe we'll know where we are."

Masaki couldn't be exactly a hundred percent sure, but he could tell just from looking at all of them that no one them had even had their first pokemon yet. He raised his voice so he could be heard.

"Unfortunately, I doubt that is the case. In fact, I guess I wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that none of us are trainers, nor do any of us have a clue what is going on. Am I correct?"

"Urg, couldn't you all just be quiet? I'm trying to sleep here, thanks," Love murmured, while turning a little bit on her side. The clink she heard as she moved her face confused her for a second, until she reached to her face and discovered she was wearing her shades already- and, indeed, it appeared she was wearing her coat rather than any nightware. That was a bit odd.

She sighed and sat up. "And I was having such an interesting dream," she said sourly before taking a look around her. Dark, dank, stony- hieroglyphics on the wall. Sunlight streamed in from above, meaning they were either just below ground level or in a particularly strangely constructed tower. Kanto didn't have ruins like this, as far as she could remember, so she'd obviously been carried off somewhere.

"If we were trainers, I doubt it would matter," Love added after a second. "Nobody kidnaps a person and leaves them with a method of escape. Moreso, I didn't go to sleep like this. Meaning, either somebody dressed me while I was unconscious -which is a disturbing thought- or I've somehow lost my memory of being brought here -even more disturbing."

She laid down again, staring at the ceiling. "This room has no obvious means of escape, and from the looks of it, it's hidden underground. I doubt there's any way to get out. No point in trying, then," she muttered, trying to fall back asleep again.

Archived