RyanAtlus goes IRL - Overhauled le Deck

RyanAtlus

Dark Hole - Keep it
Book of Moon - Keep it. It's a good card by itself and slowing down Xyz and Synchro plays is important in the meta
Limiter Removal - Ditch it. It can win games but really more of a win more card
Torrential Tribute - Keep it and later run it at two.

I don't know why you would want to take out Torrential or Dark Hole. Machina Gadgets are a deck that tries to eliminate monster presence and poke for damage over a long game. Dark Hole and TT enable this strategy the best.

[quote]
[list]
[*]Machina Peacekeeper[b] It's seems ok but ultimately unneeded.[/b]
[*]9-Gadget lineup [b] This will give your terrible draws and only gets worse without Ultimate offering.[/b]
[*]Card Trooper [b]Seems decent. It trades for 1900 monsters at worst. I just wonder if that's enough.[/b]
[*]Karakuri Watchdog [b]Seems cute. How good it is depends on much Scrap and SDD means to you, though.[/b]
[*]Forbidden Lance [b]D-prison and BTH aren't quite as popular and they only thing worth protecting is Fortress which you have 3 of.[/b]
[*]Emergency Teleport (+Psychic Tuners) [b]Depends on how much you value AFD, BRD, and Co. [/b]
[*]Iron Call [b]It'll be better once more Rank 4s are released[/b]
[*]Creature Swap[b] A one of is decent[/b]
[*]Mind Control [b]It's a better option once more Rank 4s are released[/b]
[*]Call of the Haunted [b]It's a better option once more Rank 4s are released or if you play more cards that can make use of it.[/b]
[/list]

[/quote]

I still don't like Machina Force. It's useless outside of being a situational Monster Reborn, only serves to be another Gearframe target, and you never want to top deck it. Running Watchdog, Cart Trooper, or Peacekeeper for more fodder would be better IMO.

Just main Gorz. Maining it and siding it out against match-ups were it's bad is better then siding it and using it against good match-ups it's good.

[quote name='Tiger Tracks' timestamp='1330110715' post='5837797']
Dark Hole - Keep it
Book of Moon - Keep it. It's a good card by itself and slowing down Xyz and Synchro plays is important in the meta
Limiter Removal - Ditch it. It can win games but really more of a win more card
Torrential Tribute - Keep it and later run it at two.

I don't know why you would want to take out Torrential or Dark Hole. Machina Gadgets are a deck that tries to eliminate monster presence and poke for damage over a long game. Dark Hole and TT enable this strategy the best.

I still don't like Machina Force. It's useless outside of being a situational Monster Reborn, only serves to be another Gearframe target, and you never want to top deck it. Running Watchdog, Cart Trooper, or Peacekeeper for more fodder would be better IMO.

Just main Gorz. Maining it and siding it out against match-ups were it's bad is better then siding it and using it against good match-ups it's good.
[/quote]

So for now, you'd recommend negging Limiter Removal for either Swap or Trooper?
Force/Cannon is essential due to the low monster count.
The issue with Gorz is that I maindeck Chains...

[quote name='RyanAtlus' timestamp='1330092171' post='5837504']
[color=#ff8c00]3 Machina Gearframe[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]3 Machina Fotress[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]1 Machina Force[/color]
[indent=2][color=#008080]1 Limiter Removal (?)[/color][/indent]
[indent=4][color=#ee82ee]2 Compulsory Evacuation Device[/color][/indent]
[/quote]

The above cards seem subpar. The Machina engine has never done me a thing. It promotes bad minusing plays to get out a mediocre boss monster when there are better options. Much better options.
Also the fact that you use 0 Rai-Oh is appalling. Rai-Oh is amazing, stopping Wind-Ups easily. Rabbit also cries at the sight of this if you open with it and they don't have Sabersaurus.
Limiter Removal would be absolutely horrid with no Machinas, so cut that.
There are better options than Compulsory, such as third Chain and second Torrential.
Fiendish Chain and Gorz don't conflict often enough for you not to use Gorz.

[quote name='Brandon Michael Geren' timestamp='1330267383' post='5841759']
The above cards seem subpar. The Machina engine has never done me a thing. It promotes bad minusing plays to get out a mediocre boss monster when there are better options. Much better options.
Also the fact that you use 0 Rai-Oh is appalling. Rai-Oh is amazing, stopping Wind-Ups easily. Rabbit also cries at the sight of this if you open with it and they don't have Sabersaurus.
There are better options than Compulsory, such as third Chain and second Torrential.
[/quote]

So you're suggesting pure Gadgets?
*Yami voice* That's crazy...

But I suppose I could test it. 6 or 9? Offering yay or nay?

[quote name='Brandon Michael Geren' timestamp='1330267383' post='5841759']
The above cards seem subpar. The Machina engine has never done me a thing. It promotes [b]bad minusing plays[/b] to get out a mediocre boss monster when there are better options. Much better options.
[/quote]
Gearframe is a +1 and Fortress is a +0 if it's destroyed in battle and +0 if summoned by Force. But i do agree you should play TKings.

[quote name='RyanAtlus' timestamp='1330282080' post='5842202']
So you're suggesting pure Gadgets?
*Yami voice* That's crazy...

But I suppose I could test it. 6 or 9? Offering yay or nay?
[/quote]

6 gadgets no offering

Everybody uses 3 MST now :(
[quote name='iHop' timestamp='1330282278' post='5842215']
Gearframe is a +1 and Fortress is a +0 if it's destroyed in battle and +0 if summoned by Force. But i do agree you should play TKings.
[/quote]

Well, whenever I played the deck, I would find myself having 5-6 in hand at all times and never making Machina plays. Then I would win with Thunder King beatdown and never Summon Fortress. :s

[quote name='Brandon Michael Geren' timestamp='1330285856' post='5842357']
Well, whenever I played the deck, I would find myself having 5-6 in hand at all times and never making Machina plays. Then I would win with Thunder King beatdown and never Summon Fortress. :s
[/quote]

Was the same back when I ran Thunder King main. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

[quote name='Brandon Michael Geren' timestamp='1330388004' post='5845061']
I don't think it's a bad thing, but the point was that I never used the Machina cards, so I put other stuff over it.

Simple as that.
[/quote]

I prefer to force my opponents to waste something on Raiou, and then bring out Machinas, forcing them to run over Fortress by battle. This is a very simple representation, of course.

[quote name='RyanAtlus' timestamp='1330435981' post='5845979']
I prefer to force my opponents to waste something on Raiou, and then bring out Machinas, forcing them to run over Fortress by battle. This is a very simple representation, of course.
[/quote]

Whatever works for you.

I'd just suggest trying out Gadgets without Machinas.

[quote name='Brandon Michael Geren' timestamp='1330470931' post='5846736']
Whatever works for you.

I'd just suggest trying out Gadgets without Machinas.
[/quote]

Tried it, even the Chaos variant, but meh... It doesn't work that good for me, it's a different playstyle. Either that or I'm too stubborn to actually quit playing Machina.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived