Because I just got the final print issue of SJ. [No. 30: Acid Golem of Destruction]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Pacmanexus' timestamp='1330822310' post='5854911']
I remember I once stalled out (and maybe beat, I don't remember) Evilfusion's Sanctuary deck by summoning this in DEF with Drain out.

Yay?
[/quote]

I have a vague memory of that, but I dont remember the result.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1330824592' post='5854997']
I have a vague memory of that, but I dont remember the result.
[/quote]
I remeber Drain screw GEPD and stuff.

I think I eventually did win...but I don't even know what deck I was using...

Probably Photon Drain actually.

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110905120124/yugioh/images/thumb/e/ef/Number30AcidGolemofDestruction-JP-Anime-ZX-Sealed.jpg/830px-Number30AcidGolemofDestruction-JP-Anime-ZX-Sealed.jpg[/img]

Card has very solid design and without a doubt one of my favorite numbers.

Yeah, not much to be said with Evilfusion and Tristan dominatin this thread

I genuinely would compare this to Crimson Blader in terms of how they are for their respective Rank/Level. Scrap Dragon and Stardust are usually chosen for space for the Level 8 Synchro, while Leviair and Zenmaines are picked over this.

Gem-Knight Pearl will actually get used in Rabbit Dave.

Now that I think about it, if I were Chris and played the people Chris played I wouldn't use this. However, I play the people I play so I do use this.

Basically, since most of the people in this thread aren't Chris, they should be playing this if they have the room.

[quote name='evilchris' timestamp='1330793870' post='5854066']
Also, there's a reason I have an ego, I can actually back it up.

It's best to lose say 1 in 100 games than 1 in 50 because of that extra deck choice.
[/quote]

2 Things: How many Premier event tops do you have? Do you have the math to back that up?

Also, adding in to this discussion, this card is actually not as bad as people think, but it isnt staple. If I were running a rank 3 deck, or one that utilizes them a lot, then I'd play this card. My extra would look something like this: 2 Zenmaines, 1 Leviair, 1 17, 1 30 for rank 3s. My reasoning behind this is that this card can be an excellent finisher if you need it, as well as a good 1-card out in regards to TGU, ect that can spam rank 3s. I believe that if you have a more flexible(and usable) extra deck, the better your chances.

[quote name='BehindTheMask' timestamp='1330917515' post='5857619']
Also, adding in to this discussion, this card is actually not as bad as people think, but it isnt staple. If I were running a rank 3 deck, or one that utilizes them a lot, then I'd play this card. My extra would look something like this: 2 Zenmaines, 1 Leviair, 1 17, 1 30 for rank 3s. My reasoning behind this is that this card can be an excellent finisher if you need it, as well as a good 1-card out in regards to TGU, ect that can spam rank 3s. I believe that if you have a more flexible(and usable) extra deck, the better your chances.
[/quote]

Yeah, basically what I've been saying. More lenient Extra Deck means running this.

[quote name='Dworkin' timestamp='1330914605' post='5857440']
Dont you mean [b]Kite[/b]? *rape defenses up*
[/quote]

You would do well to never use that name again.

[spoiler=I'm sure you understand]
[img]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2945/xmyoes1330924506.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

Anyway, on-topic, yesterday I won a duel because I was staring down Shi En and either Grandmaster or a Cyber Dragon (something with 2100 ATK), and my opponent had 700 LP. Tour Guide made Acid Golem for game. None of the other Rank 3s would have been able to win that turn.

Archived