Super Mario Brothers Themed Cards. (Add your own if you so please)

Jonathan McCorkell

So what essentially stemmed from a minor debate into somewhat hilarity, a friend of mine and I have decided to make decks based on one of our favourite things and duel each other with them. His is based on the Touhou series, and mine on Super Mario Bros. What follows is a list of cards I have made so far which can be put into a deck mostly revolving around the brothers themselves and a lot of support from the Toads.

The main gimmick of a Mario Bros. Deck also consists of the equip cards (which is ironic because my current build doesn't make as much use of them). There are many power ups in the Mario series, each granting new powers while also letting Mario take another hit. This has been implemented into the cards themselves, and it works well with cards that can easily search for spells/equips and then get them onto the monsters in the deck. This might come off as OP, but this is what the community is for: Feedback. So, if you wanna critique the cards I've made and wish to even add your own to the bunch, feel free to do so.

[b]Magics, traps and Synchros to come in later posts[/b]

Super Mario - Level 4/Earth/Warrior/Effect/ATK 1600, DEF 1400 - When Normal Summoned, you can special summon one "Super Luigi" from your hand or deck.

Super Luigi - (Copypasta of Mario, with ATK and DEF swapped) - When Normal or Special Summoned, you can special summon one "Super Mario" from your hand or Graveyard.

Baby Mario(Baby Luigi) - Level 2, Earth-Warrior/Tuner-Effect/ ATK 800(700) DEF 700(800) - These guys can bring out their older counterparts. Baby Mario can add a Baby Luigi from the deck to the hand when Normal Summoned, while Baby Luigi can add a Baby Mario to the hand from the grave when Normal or Special Summoned.

Princess Peach Toadstool - Level 3/ Light Spellcaster/Effect/ 1000 ATK and DEF - When Normal/Special Summoned, place two Toad Tokens (L2/ATK and DEF 200/Plant - Earth). One can be tributed to negate an attack, Two can be tributed to bring out "Toad". When Peach is destroyed by battle, place another two tokens. There can only be one Peach on the field at one time.

Toad - Level 3/Plant - Earth/Normal - Tuner/ ATK and DEF 1000

Toad Guardian - Level 5/ Plant - Earth/ Effect/ ATK 1500, DEF 2500 - Can be special summoned by tributing a monster with "Toad" in its name. When face up, Princess Peach cannot be targetted for attack or card effects. When another monster is targeted, this card can be tributed to negate and destroy the attacking monster.

Toadsworth - Level 6/ Plant - Earth/ Effect/ ATK 800, DEF 2000. - Pay 500 LP to bring a spell back from the grave to the hand. Pay 1000 to get a spell from the deck to your hand. Gains 200 DEF for every Toad monster (incl. Peach) on the field. Gains 1000 ATK when Peach is on the field.

Toad Brothers - Level 4./ Plant-Earth/ Atk and Def 1500/ Effect - Can attack twice in one battle phase. Can be tributed to bring out two "Toad"s from the grave.

Yoshi - Level 3/Dinosaur - Earth/ ATK and DEF 1000/ Union-Effect - Can be equipped to "Super Mario", "Super Luigi" or "Toad Brothers" to increase their ATK and DEF by 1000. When face up, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi cannot be targeted for attack.

Goombella - Level 3/Beast - Earth/ Tuner-effect/ ATK1200, DEF1000 - When destroyed by battle, add a monster w/ 1500 atk or less to your hand.

Ms. Mowz - Level 3/Beast - Earth/ Effect/ Atk1000, Def1000 - When your opponent targets this face up monster while they have 3 or more cards in their hand: Choose one at random and discard it.

Bobbery - Level 6/ Machine - Fire/Effect/ Atk2000, Def 200 - Tribute this and Pay 500LP to destroy all ATK position monsters on the field. When targetted for attack in DEF position, you take the difference in battle damage, and both monsters are destroyed.

Vivian - Level 4/Fiend - Fire/Effect/ Atk1500, Def1500 - Once, in either players turn, you can select one monster. It is removed from play until the End Phase of that turn. When attacking a DEF Position monster, inflict the difference in Battle Damage. The defending monster is not destroyed.

Archived