Maxx "C" is a bad card.

If you draw it turn one against Rabbit or Wind-Up then you wreck their s***. That's good and all, but especially against Rabbit, drawing it later on in the game whilst staring down big Xyz is really bad and makes you lose.

It's also bad against Inzektors.

So, if it's generally bad against the 2 most commonly played decks (Rabbit being the best deck and Inzektors being the second best/cheaper option), why would you use it? If you're scared of Wind-Ups, main like 2 Veiler and side Maxx "C". Seriously though, don't main it.

If you run Gorz/Trag/Veiler, it's also very effective against Hieroglyphs. Inzektors are the Deck it does very little to. Rabbit runs Tour Guide, and Tour is often a good card to have Maxx for.

Personally, I think Maxx is best at 2. People who run it at 3 are overcompensating, for half the points you mentioned. It's super-effective against Wind-Ups and decent against almost all other Decks.

Too be honest, I'm not seeing why people max out on Max "C" either other than "SOME YCS TOP 8/16/32 PLAYER DID IT SO IT MUST THE BEST CARD", completely ignore the top player can still side them out against specific match-ups or completely overhaul card choices after the YCS, because the top player wasn't completely satisfied with their test results. It's still really good against Rabbit and Wind-Ups though, since it lets explosive decks draw into their outs faster and forces the rabbit/wind-up player to play around it. And 2 Maxx "C" is possible the best number to run in explosive decks imo along with 0-2 Effect Veilers and drawing Maxx "C" late game sucks

[quote name='Ctrl' timestamp='1331797685' post='5871362']
Pretty bad for HEROes as well
[/quote]

Depends which version of Heroes, because in Stun it is actually pretty bad, because the deck isn't that explosive.

which we all know are going to be big soon enough.
[/quote]

what

I thought I was the only one who thought this :/

Pretty bad for HEROes as well, which we all know are going to be big soon enough.
[/quote]

lol

its amazing lol,
you are all implying your opponent wont be special summoning late game

All of you bitching about those that run 3: It was amazing when Plants were around and idk why you would even say that. People got their Maxx "C"s and realized that it's also decent as an opener against Rabbit, so they kept it in when that became the best deck. I was reading tournament reports on Duelistgroundz yesterday, and I saw a guy say this after playing a Rabbit Mirror: "I asked him what he sided and he said he took out Maxx "C" because it's bad in the mirror. lol :/"

I think that 3 Maxx "C" was optimal from post-Toronto all the way up until post-Leipzig. After Wind-Ups were shitty at both Leipzig and Atlanta, they became much less played and this is why Maxx "C" became worse.

Dropping a Maxx "C" on a Leviair -> Rabbit is clutch as f*** and having a Pot of Greed to gain resources to kill Rabbit is amazing.

While it may not be good against other decks, it still gives you g1 protection against Inzektor Giga-Mantis combos and general Dragonfly combos when you don't want them dropping a Zenmaines.

If you're playing in a premier event, then you want to main 3 Maxx "C" because at least half of the field will be Rabbit, and the other half will be decks that you can at least send Maxx "C" to make a one for one (especially since most of the other decks will main Tour Guide)

Dead drawing it can be pretty bad but even so you need to open it vs Rabbit in order to actually start to counter their field.

Also Neko Mane King is f***ing awful

The general idea is that 3 Maxx "C" is staple and siding additional Veilers is optimal because you don't want to give yourself a bad g1 vs Rabbit

I'm not really sure how you can say its "bad". I mean, it can definitely lead to bad draws sometimes, but it absolutely shuts down some plays, or gives you massive advantage if the player decides to continue. Especially in the case where they might try and swing for game, but you have ways around it. Wind-Ups in particular were the best counter, but like Byakk said Dino Rabbit is another build that spams Special Summons and this is a solid counter to it.

3 might be too many, but I wouldn't say it's bad and I'd still run 2 if I had a way to get some.

[quote name='Master Hyperion' timestamp='1331798704' post='5871375']
Too be honest, I'm not seeing why people max out on Max "C" either other than "SOME YCS TOP 8/16/32 PLAYER DID IT SO IT MUST THE BEST CARD", completely ignore the top player can still side them out against specific match-ups or completely overhaul card choices after the YCS, because the top player wasn't completely satisfied with their test results. It's still really good against Rabbit and Wind-Ups though, since it lets explosive decks draw into their outs faster and forces the rabbit/wind-up player to play around it. And 2 Maxx "C" is possible the best number to run in explosive decks imo along with 0-2 Effect Veilers and drawing Maxx "C" late game sucks

Depends which version of Heroes, because in Stun it is actually pretty bad, because the deck isn't that explosive.

what
[/quote]
Escuradao

[quote name='Alakazam' timestamp='1331799102' post='5871378']
lol

its amazing lol,
you are all implying your opponent wont be special summoning late game
[/quote]

Mabye for Gate HERO.. but they don`t make alot of fusions unless they go for game, which you lose anyway. I was more or less referring to Stun.
EDIT: Herp. Voltic.
Which is still situational for voltic

[quote name='Ctrl' timestamp='1331827616' post='5871676']
EDIT: Herp. Voltic.
Which is still situational for voltic
[/quote]

What's situational for Voltic?

Voltic -> Voltic -> Stratos isn't even situation so idk what you mean.

Oh and HEROes won't be big with Escu. They'll see more use and top every now and then, but they won't win anything. No one wants a HERO metagame either, because the mirror match is f***ing horrible.

[quote name='evilchris' timestamp='1331831051' post='5871719']
What's situational for Voltic?

Voltic -> Voltic -> Stratos isn't even situation so idk what you mean.

Oh and HEROes won't be big with Escu. They'll see more use and top every now and then, but they won't win anything. No one wants a HERO metagame either, because the mirror match is f***ing horrible.
[/quote]

Mabye I'm just bad at gate hero then..

[quote name='byakklon Omega' timestamp='1331821668' post='5871536']
Dropping a Maxx "C" on a Leviair -> Rabbit is clutch as f*** and having a Pot of Greed to gain resources to kill Rabbit is amazing.

While it may not be good against other decks, it still gives you g1 protection against Inzektor Giga-Mantis combos and general Dragonfly combos when you don't want them dropping a Zenmaines.

If you're playing in a premier event, then you want to main 3 Maxx "C" because at least half of the field will be Rabbit, and the other half will be decks that you can at least send Maxx "C" to make a one for one (especially since most of the other decks will main Tour Guide)

Dead drawing it can be pretty bad but even so you need to open it vs Rabbit in order to actually start to counter their field.

Also Neko Mane King is f***ing awful

The general idea is that 3 Maxx "C" is staple and siding additional Veilers is optimal because you don't want to give yourself a bad g1 vs Rabbit
[/quote]

You made a bunch of valid points, but I could be maining anti-Rabbit cards (especially if these cards are also good against other decks) to get around their turn 1 setup instead of maining Maxx "C".

[quote name='ɢαlαхy' timestamp='1331825285' post='5871631']
I'm not really sure how you can say its "bad". I mean, it can definitely lead to bad draws sometimes, but it absolutely shuts down some plays, or gives you massive advantage if the player decides to continue. Especially in the case where they might try and swing for game, but you have ways around it. Wind-Ups in particular were the best counter, but like Byakk said Dino Rabbit is another build that spams Special Summons and this is a solid counter to it.

3 might be too many, but I wouldn't say it's bad and I'd still run 2 if I had a way to get some.
[/quote]

I love how you took the title so seriously. That was an attention-grabber.

Archived