DN Tournament - No Top Tier Decks!

[quote name='.nova' timestamp='1332884477' post='5891424']
[color=#000066][b]You really think you can get a hold on all of the common decks?[/b][/color]
[/quote]

I would like to think that people would use their own judgment.

All accepted, I will add you when ppl stop posting like madmen.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1332884885' post='5891438']
Why on Earth would you ban Disaster Dragons? .-.
[/quote]

Nova suggested it, and I figured he would know better than I would... I could remove it, I guess. Once we have the competitors we could all discuss which decks to remove/add?

(When you make one person happy, you make another person mad...)

My thoughts pretty much say ban Dino Rabbits, Wind-ups and Inzektors with the usual burn/stall. Everything else is low tier 1 at best. And if we keep doing this whole "Well now X deck is tier 1" we're gonna have a tourney where everybody is playing yugi highlander because it's the only unbanned deck.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1332885081' post='5891446']
What do you even mean by Chaos?

I assume it's just anything running at least 1 copy of both Chaos Sorcerer and BLS.
[/quote]

Basically, anything that revolves heavily around BLS and Chaos Sorceror, or even Lightpulsar and Darkflare...

[quote name='Chris' timestamp='1332885005' post='5891443']
Fableds, Nordics and GBs become tier 1. js.

Oh and Lavals will be the absolute best if they aren't banned, cba to check.
[/quote]

You suggest I put Lavals in there then?

[quote name='.nova' timestamp='1332885002' post='5891442']
[color=#000066][b]*sigh* Why not just have them PM you what their deck type is, and you say "ok/no"?[/b][/color]
[/quote]

I thought about it, but I want to play too D:

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1332885148' post='5891449']
My thoughts pretty much say ban Dino Rabbits, Wind-ups and Inzektors with the usual burn/stall. Everything else is low tier 1 at best. And if we keep doing this whole "Well now X deck is tier 1" we're gonna have a tourney where everybody is playing yugi highlander because it's the only unbanned deck.
[/quote]

I's a thought. Like I mentioned earlier, we can always discuss what to add/remove once all of the contestants have been chosen.

Accepted

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1332885148' post='5891449']
My thoughts pretty much say ban Dino Rabbits, Wind-ups, Inzektors, Hieroglyphs, Laval, Evol, Six Samurai, HEROes, Frognarchs, Dark Worlds, Chaos, and Exodia with the usual burn/stall. Everything else is low tier 1 at best. And if we keep doing this whole "Well now X deck is tier 1" we're gonna have a tourney where everybody is playing yugi highlander because it's the only unbanned deck.
[/quote]
[color=#000066][b]I added some, because honestly, they spam way too much, and it gets tiring to see them overused.[/b][/color]
[color=#000066][b]@evilsoul:[/b][/color] [quote name='evilsoul' timestamp='1332885451' post='5891455']
i just hope whoever i [b]wind up[/b] against doesn't mind waiting until tomorrow evening (about 6:30pm my timezone)
[/quote] [color=#000066][b]har har :3[/b][/color]

[quote name='Chris' timestamp='1332885502' post='5891459']
You said no top tier decks, naturally that means no Rabbit/Inzektors/Wind-Ups. And then ban things like stall and chain burn because lower decks can't compete with them really at all, and it sucks the fun out of the game.
[/quote]

I think I might do this, but prolly also ban Dark Worlds and Chaos, as they are still set high above other Decks.

[quote name='shelds9' timestamp='1332885674' post='5891469']
I think I might do this, but prolly also ban Dark Worlds and Chaos, as they are still set high above other Decks.
[/quote]
Except neither of them are very much higher.

This is where we see problems. The minute you start banning decks because they're at the top of the playable list it'll just start a chain reaction of banning more and more decks until there are none left.

Figure out your list and stick to it. That is all.

Archived