DN Tournament - No Top Tier Decks!

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1332885766' post='5891472']
Except neither of them are very much higher.

This is where we see problems. The minute you start banning decks because they're at the top of the playable list it'll just start a chain reaction of banning more and more decks until there are none left.

Figure out your list and stick to it. That is all.
[/quote]

Yeah I agree. I just need to wrap my head around this. I've never had so many suggestions in such little time...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Canadian' timestamp='1332885834' post='5891475']
iirc, dragunity and infernity are also doing fairly well in OCG.
[/quote]

They will likely not get banned...

[quote name='Chris' timestamp='1332885883' post='5891479']
Bannable decks becomes: Rabbit, Inzektors, Wind-Ups, Lavals.

These are the best decks. Without them, it creates a very interesting and new metagame.

Done.
[/quote]

I'll trust your judgment. Lets go with this.

*Editing*

[quote name='Chris' timestamp='1332885883' post='5891479']
Bannable decks becomes: Rabbit, Inzektors, Wind-Ups, Lavals.

These are the best decks. Without them, it creates a very interesting and new metagame.

Done.

EDIT: And Hieratics.
[/quote]

What is your verdict on Stall/Chain Burn? Ban or Legal?

[quote name='Kanade Otonashi' timestamp='1332886108' post='5891489']
I'm dropping out. No reason for me to join when I think about it.
[/quote]

D: OK...

[quote name='Chris' timestamp='1332886176' post='5891491']
Oright, yeah ban those, the metagame's meant to remove boring decks.
[/quote]

Done.

[quote name='CDDRodrigo' timestamp='1332885956' post='5891484']
Greiga te Jalokia (DN: GreigaBeastDS) is banned but he wants to join this tourney.

He'll be playing Quickdraw Teledad XD
[/quote]
He's not banned he's taking a break.

Unless I missed something :S

[quote name='.nova' timestamp='1332884297' post='5891413'][color=#000066][b]disaster dragons, quasar, turbo[/b][/color]
[/quote]Stumble, this is bad. Don't be stupid suggesting that they're common OR top tier.

[quote name='shelds9' timestamp='1332885052' post='5891444']
Nova suggested it, and I figured he would know better than I would...
[/quote]Don't trust stumble.

@Chris: Lavals are Tier 1...? huh...?

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]YCM Username: TheFinalFan[/center][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]DN Username: YRPOtaku169[/center][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]Favorite Deck: Lavals[/center][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]I know I'm probably going to lose, but I'll try.[/center][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1332886980' post='5891514']
[center]YCM Username: TheFinalFan[/center]

[center][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]DN Username: YRPOtaku169[/size][/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Favorite Deck: Lavals[/size][/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I know I'm probably going to lose, but I'll try. [b]Not to me at least...[/b][/size][/font][/color][/center]

[/quote]

Accepted!

[quote name='shelds9' timestamp='1332886066' post='5891486']
Tell him he can join. (Wow, I even got banned people joining!)
[/quote]

Oh no I'm not banned I'm just refusing to post since I overheated and I'm cooling off for a couple of weeks just to take a break from YCM anyway. I only posted this because I'm online right now to talk in the TCG revamp topic.

[s]Also your list is honest to goodness bad. Your original status said no tier 1 or uncreative decks but then you went on and banned most decks that actually have alot of creative elements or that aren't even meta at all.

You need to choose a definite list or make the tournament more unique, such as having everyone run highlander, having everyone make a deck of only cards in 1 booster pack, or no staples. Something is needed to make this tournament stand out from the rest.[/s]

Oh also like the above poster said stuff like TeleDAD and Quickdraw and HERO Stun will auto win this.

EDIT: Oh lol okay so I was reading the post before you edited it and so because of that I'm running Quickdraw instead of the hybrid I posted before.

[quote name='Greiga te Jalokia' timestamp='1332887290' post='5891522']
Oh no I'm not banned I'm just refusing to post since I overheated and I'm cooling off for a couple of weeks just to take a break from YCM anyway. I only posted this because I'm online right now to talk in the TCG revamp topic.

Also your list is honest to goodness bad. Your original status said no tier 1 or uncreative decks but then you went on and banned most decks that actually have alot of creative elements or that aren't even meta at all.

You need to choose a definite list or make the tournament more unique, such as having everyone run highlander, having everyone make a deck of only cards in 1 booster pack, or no staples. Something is needed to make this tournament stand out from the rest.

Oh also like the above poster said stuff like TeleDAD and Quickdraw and HERO Stun will auto win this.
[/quote]

IDK, when you started writing, but the list has changed, and will probably be definite. Feel free to voice your opinions. This is the first time i've done something like this, so it'll just take a little bit to adjust to all of the opinions being thrown at me.

I know that you are very skilled at YGO, so feel free to make suggestions. My ears are open.

[quote name='Chris' timestamp='1332887467' post='5891525']
Except they won't. Theoretically the metagame will be very varied, and there is no winner set in stone.
[/quote]

I didn't see his edit and so I had a totally different banned list in mind when I typed up that post. As of now, yes there is no set winner because it's a bunch of casual stuff except maybe HEROs.

[quote name='byakklon Omega' timestamp='1332887496' post='5891527']
YCM Username: byakklon Omega
DN Username: byak
[/quote]
[quote name='God Crouton!!!' timestamp='1332887420' post='5891524']
Not sure 100% because university, but...

God Crouton!!!
DN: King Crouton
Deck: Debating on Monster Mash, Bushi Monarchs, and HERO Stun
[/quote]

Accepted!

[quote name='Greiga te Jalokia' timestamp='1332887543' post='5891530']
I didn't see his edit and so I had a totally different banned list in mind when I typed up that post. As of now, yes there is no set winner because it's a bunch of casual stuff except maybe HEROs.
[/quote]

No hard feelings... bro?

Well I like the way it is now because it's way less restricted and can actually allow creativeness.

Also I'm f***ing horrible so idk what you're talking about.

Does your list ban Dino Rabbit or any deck that contains "Rescue Rabbit", because I have a fun deck in mind but I need to be sure I can use it.

Archived